Tool
Zenith, Munchen, Germany
Saturday, November 18, 2006

deep_schismic
07-24-2006, 01:53 AM
Tool
Zenith, Munchen, Germany
Saturday, November 18, 2006

Please post any info re: ticket sales...i.e. when they might be available etc!

deep_schismic
07-27-2006, 03:18 AM
Ticket sites for Munich show...

www.muenchenticket.de

www.kartenhaus.de (this site has tickets for the other shows also)

ON SALE FRIDAY 28 JULY...

n0nenull
07-27-2006, 06:46 PM
What time do they go on sale based on Central Time.

I'm planning on being in Amsterdam during the week and it would be worth the long rail ride to go see them...

deep_schismic
07-27-2006, 11:06 PM
I just checked Kartenhaus, and they still have 'coming soon'...will check again later this morning.

Muenchenticket.de (which is only carrying tickets for the Munich show) is currently taking advance pre-sale orders, but they specify that not all pre-bookings will be guaranteed a ticket..

deep_schismic
07-27-2006, 11:36 PM
TICKETS ON SALE NOW AT KARTENHAUS.DE!
(http://www.kartenhaus.de/index.cfm?FuseAction=Show_List&log=28070609&Section=Search&ItemName=Tool&LocName=&LocCity=&Support=Ticket&ShowTop=500&NoReview=Yes&NoKeyWord=Yes&GetArtistOnly=0/

n0nenull
07-28-2006, 04:38 AM
whooo..well as far as i can tell..*cant read german* i ordered tickets to see TOOL!!!!

n0nenull
08-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Does anybody have any directiongs to this venue?

deep_schismic
08-16-2006, 05:13 AM
Zenith website: http://www.zenith-die-kulturhalle.de/

Address:
Lilienthalallee 29
80939 München

Directions via train (U-Bahn): U6 to FREIMAN, then walk 600m westwards on Edmund-Rumpler-Str. to Zenith.

For driving directions, goto www.de.map24.com and type in the address

spark
09-03-2006, 05:06 AM
what do you think, will they play longer than 90 minutes and perform "wings"?

I hope so, because I didn't pay 40€ to see the same show like in berlin.

deep_schismic
09-03-2006, 02:42 PM
They definitely should...I think everyone should wait for the Oakland show...because the places they are still playing the 'standard' setlist are places they haven't played yet...so their 2nd tour of Europe will be definitely more interesting:)

Canti
09-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Hi Everybody.

Is anyone interested in a ticket for Munchen? I accidentally bought a ticket for Munchen instead of Mannheim...and i can't use it at all...

So if someone wants a ticket for Munchen, please, please mail me.

smisli
10-03-2006, 05:07 AM
any tickets left?

deep_schismic
10-03-2006, 09:17 AM
sure looks like there are...

www.muenchenticket.de

www.kartenhaus.de

www.metaltix.com

deep_schismic
10-18-2006, 04:56 AM
1 month to go!!!

Too bad I keep getting feedback on how shitty this venue is supposed to be...don't know why the guys would choose to play there...I mean maynard must know how it is after APC played there...

must_be_patient
10-20-2006, 06:27 AM
1 month to go!!!
Too bad I keep getting feedback on how shitty this venue is supposed to be...don't know why the guys would choose to play there...I mean maynard must know how it is after APC played there...

Yeah I think the same. :/
It is only approx. 150km far away from me, but there are some reasons why I don't go there. So I've changed my mind and bought the ticket for the show on 19.11.

offspring
10-22-2006, 01:52 PM
I got my tickets some days ago.
Quite expensive, but if they play nearly as great as they did at Rock am Ring, it'll be worth each cent I spent on it!

Does anyone know if there is a checkroom where you can put your jacket and pullover? It'll be cold and I don't want to drive there with my Tool shirt only...

€dit: What's so bad about the location? I've already been to Zenith and I don't see why it should be a bad choice Ôo
Any problems I'll have to face? Please tell me now, so I'll be prepared ;o)

deep_schismic
10-23-2006, 12:18 AM
Well the fact that it's just a warehouse doesn't seem too great acoustically. I think the worst venue i've encountered so far would be the Sporthalle in Hamburg...such awful sound.

flawed
11-02-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm trying to convince a couple of my friends to go to this show. It will be a hell of a long drive, some 18 hours each way by train, but it should be worth it, I mean, tool and mastodon on the same night, what more could I ask for.

deep_schismic
11-02-2006, 06:11 PM
If you're coming from Denmark...i think that Oberhausen would be the closer city to goto. Also I keep hearing really shit things about the venue for Munich...

flawed
11-03-2006, 07:03 AM
I think you're right about Oberhausen, but the Munich date is the only weekend date (in Germany anyways) and taking to days of work would pretty much double the cost of the whole deal. Would be nice if I didn't have to travel so much though...

edit: just saw that the oberhausen date is a sunday, that means i would only have to take one day of... i'll be looking in to this, thanks for the suggestion :)

deep_schismic
11-03-2006, 07:42 AM
Sweet, good luck with it!

offspring
11-06-2006, 03:54 AM
Wow, it''s amazing that you plan to come here all the way from Denmark.
Never forget that Munich is a very nice city that is worth visiting!
In the afternoon I'll be at my aunt's birthday party and aroung 5 pm I'll head towards Munich.

What do you think... which time is best to arrive there? When do they open the hall and is there a band which plays before Tool? I want to be there half an hour before they open, do you think 5.30 p.m. is enough? The concert starts at 8 pm

deep_schismic
11-06-2006, 04:35 AM
The opening act is Mastodon as far as I know, I think doors should open about 1 hour before they come on stage, which should be 8pm as it says on the ticket.

Just hope there are some changes to the setlist...

daminate
11-06-2006, 03:49 PM
I just found out I will be heading out to Luxembourg for work next week..., so I am thinking about hitting up the germany and austria show while out there.

Any recomendations for locales to stay near to make it easy to travel to and from my hotel?

I will most likely be flying from luxembourg to munich.., still figuring all of that out.

offspring
11-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Any recomendations for locales to stay near to make it easy to travel to and from my hotel?
http://www.muenchen.de/Tourismus/Accommodation_Hotels/7604/index.html

This is the official Munich homepage. On the English version you don't have the possibility to search for Hotels, but I found some on the German version.
The concert is in "Freimann" which is a part of Munich:

Parkhotel Schwabing (2km to the center of Freimann, 57,50€ excl. breakfast):
http://www1.hrs.de/showDetailsOfHotel.do;jsessionid=CFEC31C668086DBBB 0F49BB630E9DEE1?clientId=ZGVfX01VRU5DSEVO&cid=1-1&randomID=-9223372036797430209&activity=showListHotel&method=showHotel&hotelnumber=183&inCont=1&booking=fromDetails&bookingFrom=list&notepadEntryId=null

"Comfort am Medienpark" (2,6km to the center of Freimann, 55€ incl. breakfast)
http://www1.hrs.de/showDetailsOfHotel.do;jsessionid=CFEC31C668086DBBB 0F49BB630E9DEE1?clientId=ZGVfX01VRU5DSEVO&cid=1-1&randomID=-9223372036797430104&activity=showListHotel&method=showHotel&hotelnumber=15920&inCont=1&booking=fromDetails&bookingFrom=list&notepadEntryId=null

Sorry, they're all in German, but if you need help for translation, you can contact me (ICQ 364033853 or via PN)

deep_schismic
11-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Purely out of curiousity...when was the last time Tool played in München? Was it the Aenima tour back in 96?

deep_schismic
11-16-2006, 03:53 AM
i'll be the one in the Deftones shirt.

so who else is confirmed to attend this apart from Fredy_Brown and offspring?

deep_schismic
11-16-2006, 06:16 AM
***The show is nearly sold out***

I just checked on www.muenchenticket.de and www.eventim.de and they are sold out.

www.kartenhaus.de and www.ticketbox.de are NOT sold out...

Fireglory
11-16-2006, 08:25 AM
Can anybody tell me where to buy tickets in Munchen on the day of the show (except at the venue)?

Fireglory
11-16-2006, 08:46 AM
I need tix for the Muchen show on Saturday the 18th...

Harry_Manback
11-16-2006, 12:51 PM
i'll be the one in the Deftones shirt.

so who else is confirmed to attend this apart from Fredy_Brown and offspring?

I'll be the one in the Aussie Lateralus 2001 tour tee.

offspring
11-16-2006, 12:53 PM
There are some places around Munich where you can buy tickets.
One of them is somewhere at Munich central station, but the area is large and I have no idea, where exactly it could be or how it looks like.
Look for the word "Abendkasse" (=box office).

@deep_schismic: Cool, Deftones...Maybe I'll find you somewhere around. I'll be wearing my Tool shirt (http://www.loudclothing.com/prodimages/1123T.jpg) (though I think this information will not be enough to spot me in the mass ;))

Well, I think I've asked before, but...do you think there is a wardrobe? I don't want to go there in my shirt only, it'll be cold, but where to put my pullover or jacket?

deep_schismic
11-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Can anybody tell me where to buy tickets in Munchen on the day of the show (except at the venue)?

You might be out of luck man...I think the venue might be your only bet, because they deal with ticketbox.de, and apart from Kartenhaus (Ticketmaster) the other places I could recommend are sold out...

the place offspring is talking about is the Tourist info office located at Munich Hauptbahnhof (Central station), and they are a muenchenticket agent...unfortunately, Muenchen ticket is SOLD OUT...

deep_schismic
11-16-2006, 03:57 PM
@deep_schismic: Cool, Deftones...Maybe I'll find you somewhere around. I'll be wearing my Tool shirt (http://www.loudclothing.com/prodimages/1123T.jpg) (though I think this information will not be enough to spot me in the mass ;))

Well, I think I've asked before, but...do you think there is a wardrobe? I don't want to go there in my shirt only, it'll be cold, but where to put my pullover or jacket?

As for a cloaking room, I think it's a fairly standard thing to have at any venue...especially in a country like Germany where it's normally cold 6 months a year! I know i'll be waiting in my bigass jacket till the doors open, and since it gets dark at 5pm..it's gonna be fuckin nut-freezing cold!

What time are people plannin to line up?? I'm thinkin around 4pm or so...I wasn't planning on being front row, but i'm goin with a couple of girls who are short, so oh well lol i guess i will stand back for the stuttgart show...

orange.juice
11-18-2006, 03:28 AM
yo!

hmm i hope there'll be people around who sell tickets. need about 4 or so.

Desensitized
11-18-2006, 05:03 AM
i'll be there and can't wait :)

will they sell any merchandise and how much does the stuff cost? i seriously need a shirt.

deep_schismic
11-18-2006, 05:20 AM
When they toured this summer, shirts were about 35-40 euro, and they had a giant Net of Being poster that was pretty fuckin expensive...

I wonder what new merch they have this time around...

Desensitized
11-18-2006, 05:26 AM
wow that is a lot of money for a shirt.

i think i'll get one anyway, but i'd like to have one with the european tour dates.

deep_schismic
11-18-2006, 05:34 AM
yeah no kidding...it's almost the cost of the ticket...i will only get it if it's really cool

Desensitized
11-18-2006, 05:40 AM
can't wait to hear "stinkfist" live, which is like my favorite song of all time.

hope to meet some of you guys, because i'm going alone. my friends' musical taste just sucks, i guess.

offspring
11-18-2006, 05:57 AM
@deep_schismic: You're just not used to the cold! I can't remember any November as warm as this year. I thought of going there in my shirt but then figured it would be better to use the cloaking room.
I'll start off here at 5 p.m., so hopefully I'll arrive around 6 p.m. That should be early enough I think.

Well then, see ya at the show =) =) =)

@desensitized: I'll be on my own, too. My friends do like Tool, but no one wants to affort 40€ for a concert. I'm not sure whether I would have done it for it actually was a bday present from my parents.

deep_schismic
11-18-2006, 06:18 AM
doors open 6.30pm according to zenith website.

as mentioned if u see a goateed guy with really short hair and deftones 2006 tour shirt.. feel free to say howdy!

edit: headin out now..hope to make it there by 5PM.

mosquitokillah
11-18-2006, 04:58 PM
awesome show.

SETLIST

stinkfist
forty six & two
jambi
schism
lost keys (blame hoffman)
rosetta stoned
sober
---
wings for marie
10.000 days (wings part II)
lateralus
vicarious
aenima

False forum! Post it into http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=67507

By the way: aenima???????

deep_schismic
11-18-2006, 11:43 PM
My goodness...4th Tool show this year...yet another one...god that makes it sound trivial a bit eh...but it could not have been further from that. It was just sensory overload...in a fuckin GREAT way...I loved how the visuals were gradually built up...loved the Rosetta Stoned videos. Maynard sounded great, and the sound was not as bad as I expected from the Zenith even though the signs were not favourable, while we heard the building rattle during soundcheck...fuckin hilarious. At some parts the drums and bass were too loud, I could hear it distort, but the vocals were quite clear...I could even make out alot more of Rosetta Stoned this time!

And Wings/10k Days...well what can be said about this? I had goosebumps throughout...and was quite dismayed by people clapping along??? WTF I'm sorry if I come across as a Tool-snob...but I mean if you know anything about their music, and those 2 songs, then CLAPPING ALONG IS NOT ON. Thankfully they stopped soon after, perhaps realizing their faux pas.

My goodness...I can't believe I'll be seeing them again in 3 weeks in Stuttgart! And I came oh-so-close to grabbing Danny's snare skin...missed it by a few inches. sigh. maybe next time:).

Oh and did anyone notice FABIO in the crowd?? hahaha shit like that makes me happy that I came to Germany...fuckin fringe, and flowing blonde hair with a 80's leather jacket!

(i'll repost this in the review section once it's open)

edit: p.s. When did The Pot get dropped from the setlist?? They played it at Florence right? What about the subsequent shows? I ask because there seems to be some discrepencies with what's listed and what people are saying...

3poundsoflove
11-19-2006, 12:26 AM
In Florence they played The Pot the last time, but they didn't play Lost Keys and no Carey's solo in that concert.

deep_schismic
11-19-2006, 08:45 AM
I loved Maynard's comment: "We'll see you...next summer. Hopefully somewhere outside with fresh air, so I don't have to wear this fuckin' mask" haha

I standing against the 2nd barricade just off to the right, and I was slightly disappointed with the crowd in my vicinity. Having said that though, there were quite a few people comin over the barrier in the 1st half of the show...one guy nearly broke my neck because I didn't see him coming!

Oh and it was funny how hardcore the security guys were about the non-smoking policy though I hardly think it get anyone from lighting up their jay's ...the smell was everywhere:)...and there was also some dude filming the show on his TINY ass handycam...which got spotted by the bouncers obviously...and one of them climbed into the pit and went right for him..wonder what happened...the idiot kept filming even when a couple of guys tipped him off that the security dude was coming. lol douchebag should've run...