PDA

View Full Version : Overrated?

duncang
07-22-2006, 12:05 PM
This song never appealed to me, I think its because the intro/chorus melody gets on my nerves (sometimes weird crap like that happens to me). Its easily my least favourite song off Aenima.

Opinons?

Indrid Cold
07-22-2006, 06:19 PM
Idk, I think H. is great. Just the slow and murky atmosphere it has from the beginning is great. It's always been one of my favorites. I love the whole Ænima album but my least favorite song on the cd would have to be "Hooker with a Penis". I do like the track but just not as much as the rest. H. may not be the best song but I don't think it's overrated cuz I don't really hear that many people talking about it. I have heard it on the radio though, which is cool.

eapatty01
07-22-2006, 09:09 PM
The first few times I heard it I was a little uninterested, but the section in the middle..."And as the walls came down..." kept bringing me back. Not that the rest is boring, but that part as a kind of hidden melody that gets me everytime.

Tape_Dispenser
07-22-2006, 10:59 PM
The first few times I heard it I was a little uninterested, but the section in the middle..."And as the walls came down..." kept bringing me back. Not that the rest is boring, but that part as a kind of hidden melody that gets me everytime.

I agree. That part of the song is really simple and bare bones and brings the song out of the whole Progressive/pretensive goofiness it kinda fringes on.

Q'ayin
07-23-2006, 08:50 AM
Listening to it closely and critically just now was really interesting for a change, it didn't seem as 'busy'/'fleshed-out' as I remembered, but that's partly the point and something I can definitely appreciate as well. I still definitely over-rate this song, you can't stop me.

I do know what you mean though, I avoided listening to it for awhile because some friends were once listening to it more than enough just from the times I was around them.

It's a great song but not one I can leave on repeat forever ...wait... I let this window sit for awhile, and H. is well into it's third listen... If you want people to refocus on something else I'm afraid this might truly back-fire for some people. But no worries; no fourth listen just now.

No one and nobody
07-28-2006, 10:00 PM
h. was my favorite on Aenima all along... the bass rift never escaped from my thoughts... still to this day... anytime I want to hear the song... it is always on standby in my memory...

flyingsoot
08-03-2006, 06:19 AM
H. is definitely my favourite tool song... i really dont know why anyone wouldnt like it...lolz =p

Sky22
08-03-2006, 12:03 PM
h. was my favorite on Aenima all along... the bass rift never escaped from my thoughts... still to this day... anytime I want to hear the song... it is always on standby in my memory...

I agree. This is my favorite song on the album and the first Tool song I learned to play on the guitar. I never get sick of listening to it. Especially the middle "and the walls come down" part. Something about it is so haunting that it stuck with me well after I'd listened to it.

Confuzzled
08-04-2006, 08:37 AM
H. is not only my favorite song off H. of Ænima but also my favorite Tool song. I dunno why but I just love this song. Theres something about it. Like Sky22 said before me there is something about it so haunting that sticks to you well after you have listened to it. Its just an amazing song.

(self(other
08-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Something about it is so haunting that it stuck with me well after I'd listened to it.

Theres truth to that, first heard it on the radio while delivering the newspaper 3:00am in the mourning, later on in the week i had this mysterious tune running through my head even though i knew it was Tool. Then i would pull over in the middle of my route the second i heard the beginning of that song... it inspired me to go out and buy all the Tool albums.

santel
08-12-2006, 09:03 AM
i had the same thing happen to me, i had the intro to H. stuck in my head for 2 weeks before i finally tracked H. down. been a better person ever since.

ShadowLine
08-16-2006, 02:14 PM
This song never appealed to me, I think its because the intro/chorus melody gets on my nerves (sometimes weird crap like that happens to me). Its easily my least favourite song off Aenima.

Opinons?

overatted? not at all for me i like it.

chris
x

RaG3aH0liC
08-17-2006, 09:39 AM
I have always liked this song a lot. You will like it even more if you are ever lucky enough to see them play it live. I got to see it at both '02 shows I was at (B'more and Roanoke). H. and The Patient are two songs that I think come across way different live as opposed to listening to each off of the album.

Insanekat
08-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Yeah H. took me a little bit longer to really like as well.

lizbiz
08-17-2006, 12:33 PM
H. and The Patient are two songs that I think come across way different live as opposed to listening to each off of the album.

lol, I thought the exact same thing.

H is a great song, one that I find myself going back to often. After a healty listen to the new material I always jones for some Aenima.

ktdude
08-22-2006, 07:09 AM
I have always liked this song a lot. You will like it even more if you are ever lucky enough to see them play it live. I got to see it at both '02 shows I was at (B'more and Roanoke). H. and The Patient are two songs that I think come across way different live as opposed to listening to each off of the album.

I have not seen either of these songs live and really hope I get the chance on this tour as they are two of my favourite ever Tool songs.

Joshenstein
08-26-2006, 04:58 PM
That...I don't mind, I don't mind, I don't mind!!!! part of the song has got to be pretty damn cool live.

discocj69
08-28-2006, 12:46 PM
After I heard H. in concert, it became one of my favorite TOOL songs. I had kind of ignored it up to that point. Definitely agree that the middle part of the song, where it gets stripped down, is what hooks you.