PDA

View Full Version : Mood killer.

duncang
07-22-2006, 02:05 AM
I think the little guitar licks really ruin this track, hard to exlain how, but I just think it takes away from the natural feel of the chants.

Anyone agree?

mosquitokillah
07-22-2006, 07:37 AM
No, it's the guitar licks that make me love this track so much!

Pushit666
07-22-2006, 04:21 PM
The song is surreal. You have to keep this in mind. I like it the way it sounds now. I do wonder, though, what I'd garner from it without its little guitar licks.

Idiotica
07-22-2006, 07:28 PM
i'm thinking this song will be the end of side 1 on the vinyl when it's eventually released.

rogerdoger
07-22-2006, 07:36 PM
I like this track how it is, I think the louder voice at the end is really cool too.

SpiraMirabilis
07-23-2006, 12:43 AM
I've also wondered about the guitar lick, but I don't think it is supposed sound "natural".

duncang
07-23-2006, 07:52 AM
I know its not meant to sound natural, but I think Lipan would sound better sounding natural, and the guitar takes that away.

No one and nobody
07-23-2006, 07:38 PM
But to deny the un-natural feel of the guitar is to deny the un-natural state that is in juxtaposition to the chants, and therefore denies the dualism of the song.

StereoScopicLenses
07-24-2006, 08:26 AM
I don't know what ya'll are hearing b/c I don't hear any guitar on this track. Just vocals and tambourine / moracca sounds. There is some sort of megaphone used or an effect on one of the vocal layers. Is that what ya'll are saying is the guitar? Reminds me of the intro to 'Eulogy' when maynard uses a megaphone; sounds like: "ehh ehh eh eh".

No one and nobody
07-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Yes, whatever instument/effect is being used is what I'm talking about... can't say for sure with some of the others... their peace pipe may need to be cleaned.

Gnome_Chomsky
07-25-2006, 01:20 PM
I dont think the guitar ruins the track, but I think the track ruins the mood of the album. every time I hear it, it seems so out of place. (sorry if this has been gone over already, I havent been to the 10k threads in a while) The album with out this track flows much better then with it, theres no transition from one track to this one to the next. It seems like they just threw it in. In every other Tool album all the "sound" tracks bring the mood higher then it was before, but this one disrupts every thing. Maybe it was suppoused to, I'm not sure, but it doesnt fit.

Terry21
07-27-2006, 02:31 AM
Wait - I never heard guitar in this song.

Ah!

Hearing it right now.

I think it's another vocal layer deeper with distortion?

amenorakumo
07-27-2006, 02:40 AM
You're thinking of Lipon Cunjuring. Lost keys is the one with the guitar riff.. which is a baaaaaaaad ass build up for R.Stoned

Terry21
07-27-2006, 02:43 AM
You're thinking of Lipon Cunjuring. Lost keys is the one with the guitar riff.. which is a baaaaaaaad ass build up for R.Stoned

He means a distorted vocal layer in Lipan.

amenorakumo
07-27-2006, 03:00 AM
Wait - I never heard guitar in this song.

Ah!

Hearing it right now.

I think it's another vocal layer deeper with distortion?

There's slightly distorted vocals at the end, but no guitar.

StereoScopicLenses
07-28-2006, 08:14 AM
read posts before you post the same shiz.

nmayhew
07-28-2006, 10:52 AM
I dont think the guitar ruins the track, but I think the track ruins the mood of the album. every time I hear it, it seems so out of place. (sorry if this has been gone over already, I havent been to the 10k threads in a while) The album with out this track flows much better then with it, theres no transition from one track to this one to the next. It seems like they just threw it in. In every other Tool album all the "sound" tracks bring the mood higher then it was before, but this one disrupts every thing. Maybe it was suppoused to, I'm not sure, but it doesnt fit.

I don't really have a validated argument, but I think in a funny way it adds something to the album