PDA

View Full Version : A perfect Circle

ShadowLine
07-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Does this song remind you of Judith by A Perfect Circle?
Fucking amazing songs both of them. The work maynard does with APC is as great of some of the TOOL material.

Chris
x

anarcho-commie
07-23-2006, 02:43 PM
I think Judith has a lot more emotion in it, even though I like both songs equally. And both bands equally too...no, I'm lying, I like Tool way more :P

Track 01
08-02-2006, 05:46 PM
I love both songs but to me Maynard is more mellow with APC and does not have the edge to his voice,like he does in Tool, in most songs by APC

IcaLynn
09-16-2006, 04:04 PM
compared to tool, apc sucks. no disrespect, by any means, but the tool guys just have a better sense of who they are as a band.

eternalnuisance.com
09-30-2006, 01:32 PM
No, not really. They're two different songs with two different meanings. Not really sure how you drew the comparison

philipg
10-04-2006, 08:10 AM
yeah opiate is kind of a sarcastic/ sardonic song kind of making fun of certain christian figures, while judith is extremely serious... even though they both revolve around christianity opiate is a bit on the lighter side , while judith is a lot angrier.
i dont really think that apc is/was a bad band. i prefer tool and always will but apc did a lot of things that tool doesnt do much. the vocal harmonies that maynard and billy had were amazing, the musicians each had a different style so while we didnt get the crazy all over the place justin bass lines, apc had an extremely heavy rhythm section. the songs were on the short side but none of them were poorly written, and billy howerdel had been working on them for some time so most of them are older than tool songs, considering that he started writing them in the mid 80s
not that that matters but people always say that apc was just a bad version of tool and never really consider them as seperate bands

base metal
10-04-2006, 01:21 PM
I always considered A Perfect Circle and Tool to be two completely different things. I have to say I like Tool more but by no means do I think that APC is mediocre. I agree that APC had brilliant harmonies and though they aren't as heavy the music is still very powerful and touched me in a lot of ways. I don't have anything bad to say about either band.

jim39n
10-04-2006, 02:19 PM
I agree, they're very different bands

the noose sends shivers down my spine everytime

ShadowLine
10-13-2006, 08:33 AM
i mean the overal musical sound reli more thank the lyrics or anything. im not not saying theyre the same, it just when i listen to one im reminded of the the other.

chris
x

Phorty
10-13-2006, 03:01 PM
i mean the overal musical sound reli more thank the lyrics or anything.
What? Which lyrics are you thanking and if i may ask , why?

Not sure what you meant , but A Perfect Circle was a great band that will be sorely missed.

10-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Tool is more experimental and ambient than A Perfect Circle.

ShadowLine
10-29-2006, 01:48 PM
What? Which lyrics are you thanking and if i may ask , why?

Not sure what you meant , but A Perfect Circle was a great band that will be sorely missed.

well people were talking about what the songs were about, and i meant just the overall sound of the songs that reminds me of each other. and yes i agree a perfect circle are a great band.

chris
x

base metal
11-02-2006, 03:37 AM
Fucking amazing songs both of them. The work maynard does with APC is as great of some of the TOOL material.

Chris
x

I agree, I got a little sidetracked in my first post.

The two songs have different moods, but I think they are similar, i know what you mean.

opiated
11-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Overall, no it doesn't. But there seems to be an indirect connection somewhere . . .

TurdEye13
11-25-2006, 06:48 AM

Chris
x

I just listened to both and I think you are onto something here. I can't quite put it in words at the moment.

EGG-MAN
11-25-2006, 02:24 PM
both songs kick ass live as well... i especially liked judith live and just recently heard opiate live for the first time up in marysville this year. It was a really good version of it.

mjkajdcjc
11-25-2006, 09:18 PM
APC sucks.

People make mistakes.

End thread.

mr. nikki jensen
11-26-2006, 06:03 AM
APC sucks.
WRONG!

People make mistakes. RIGHT!

End thread. Done!

base metal
11-26-2006, 04:10 PM
APC sucks.

My Ass!

People make mistakes.

You did in your first comment

End thread.

OK

mjkajdcjc
11-27-2006, 04:19 PM
I will never change my stance on this topic.

I think it's cool that APC has James Iha and Maynard and Josh Freese (whose drumming is intense), I just can't stand the poppy vocals that Maynard uses in their songs. It's just not Tool, and I can't imagine Maynard doing anything that isn't Tool.

ShadowLine
11-28-2006, 10:07 AM
just because something isnt tool, doesnt make it crap. thats like saying tool are the ONLY good band ever, which is clearly wrong.

chris
x

mjkajdcjc
11-28-2006, 07:33 PM
just because something isnt tool, doesnt make it crap. thats like saying tool are the ONLY good band ever, which is clearly wrong.

chris
x

I made my point. The part about it not being Tool just states that I don't feel that Maynard should have ever been associated with that garbage.

jim39n
11-29-2006, 09:19 PM
as i've said in other threads, i like apc

i like what i've heard so far from puscifer as well, speaking of maynards other creative endeavors

ShadowLine
11-30-2006, 02:02 PM
I made my point. The part about it not being Tool just states that I don't feel that Maynard should have ever been associated with that garbage.

fair enough, but i do think he suits it, after all didn't HE start the project, and are you saying the same about puscifer, cos that shit is amazing?

chris
x

Sprry75
01-12-2007, 06:24 PM
I always considered A Perfect Circle and Tool to be two completely different things. I have to say I like Tool more but by no means do I think that APC is mediocre. I agree that APC had brilliant harmonies and though they aren't as heavy the music is still very powerful and touched me in a lot of ways. I don't have anything bad to say about either band.

I had an uncle like that. He touched me in a lot of ways.

orcaloverbri9
01-26-2007, 03:17 PM
ew

XeuphoricXmindX
01-26-2007, 07:37 PM
LOL nice

Ænimic4six1
01-26-2007, 08:49 PM
APC is definitely different...most people are comparing them with Tool is because of Maynard...we might as well compare Pigmy Love Circus to Tool then...Green Jello to Tool too as Danny and Maynard have been in there too..

or even Jurassic Park to Tool as Jones was the sculptor...

give it a break, Apc is not Tool,Tool is not APC..

APC was great,but they were a supergroup..kinda like get together and make songs..with good musicians..

While Tool is a band of 4 crazy assed dudes,creative as fuck and creating music together...not a supergroup...but grew to be a good band..

XeuphoricXmindX
01-26-2007, 10:59 PM
both pwn

base metal
01-27-2007, 12:37 PM
^word.

What a sicko.

Did you enjoy it or did you feel violated?

savoie2006
01-28-2007, 12:05 AM
APC is definitely different...most people are comparing them with Tool is because of Maynard...we might as well compare Pigmy Love Circus to Tool then...Green Jello to Tool too as Danny and Maynard have been in there too..

APC was great,but they were a supergroup..kinda like get together and make songs..with good musicians..

While Tool is a band of 4 crazy assed dudes,creative as fuck and creating music together...not a supergroup...but grew to be a good band..

You hit the nail on the head!Personally I like both groups alot and both fit Maynard.Plus it shows how diverse of a singer/songwriter he can be."The Outsider" is one of my favorite APC songs.

XeuphoricXmindX
01-28-2007, 11:42 AM
@ Aronman. He enjoyed it of course. proly pictured Maynard or something.

the midas touch
01-28-2007, 11:46 AM
The only APC song I truly love is 'The Outsider.'
The band is still good, but...

Insanekat
01-28-2007, 05:08 PM

You make a good point, and I also lol'd at the comparing Jurassic Park to Tool comment. People just hate APC since they like Tool more I think.

I like APC but I really love Tool a lot more. And I also prefer Maynard in Tool, but APC is not a bad band I don't think.

base metal
01-29-2007, 09:30 PM
I like APC almost as much as I like Tool.

ShadowLine
01-29-2007, 11:14 PM

well green jelly are related to tool in the fact they take some of the same stances on life. i know what you mean but you can't disregard the connection between those apc and tool. it's there its just not overly obvious.

chris
x

thirdeyesight
01-30-2007, 12:43 PM
fair enough, but i do think he suits it, after all didn't HE start the project, and are you saying the same about puscifer, cos that shit is amazing?

chris
x

im not too sure but i have to throw my two cents in here...Billy was the one who started APC and was actually considering a female vocalist. Maynard at the time was his roommate and offered his voice...All in all i believe APC is a seperate band that did there own thing, their great (sucks i didnt see them live...) Tool i have to say is an incredible band. But there not the same...

ShadowLine
01-30-2007, 01:33 PM
im not too sure but i have to throw my two cents in here...Billy was the one who started APC and was actually considering a female vocalist. Maynard at the time was his roommate and offered his voice...All in all i believe APC is a seperate band that did there own thing, their great (sucks i didnt see them live...) Tool i have to say is an incredible band. But there not the same...

ah right i thought maynard started it off. even though i agree they both did their thing but i wasnt trying to say they were the same, there are two different bands when you consider tool. opiate/undertow tool which dealt with some of the same subject matter as a perfect circle green jelly and rage against the machine. Then there is aenima/lateralus/10,000 days tool who are an increadably deep band who cover the subject matter such as our ascension through levels of conciusness and more. both of these sides of tool are very important and lets us see how they have progressed as a band and as thinkers.

with love
chris
x

Pushit_Salival
02-07-2007, 01:03 PM
I don't think Maynard was in Tool and APC so his fans could judge which one they liked more, and then change for them. I think people should stop comparing Tool and A Perfect Circle. They aren't even on the same level as each other, and shouldn't be compared. Then again, thats just what I think. Fuck me in the ass.

...back to what this post was actually about... They could both be about his mother? but who wants to rape their mother? figuratively or metaphorically.... That part of the song kind of disconnects any connection I could possibly make.

fugitive538
02-07-2007, 02:00 PM
The connection is probably in following someone blindly with faith.
Though, i never thought about similarities between these two before.
Or probably the connection is just: "Fucking amazing songs both of them." :D

thirdeyesight
02-09-2007, 11:03 AM
i still dont see any similarities as well but they both great songs...i agree "fugitive"

rudyyyy5
03-14-2007, 02:12 PM
As far how Judith and Opiate are related, just because both of the songs are about religion doesn't mean that they are about the same thing. Other than both being about religion I don't see any connection between the two songs at all.

Clutch_The_Cornerstone
03-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Aperfectcircletool

Nikeda-Taylor
01-30-2008, 03:29 PM
I love both songs, and i love both bands. I like both of their styles and adore them...This song does remind of Judith, a bit. xp

MyshadowHASchanged
01-30-2008, 09:57 PM
I can not really get the connection. I just don't think that they are similar...I like them both though.

anderphillip
03-17-2012, 12:50 AM
It is difficult to make a perfect circle but once it is created it look nice. For making a perfect circle it is necessary for you to make the measure properly.