PDA

View Full Version : I'm really in for a Rosetta Stoned video

Janos
07-21-2006, 07:42 AM
Aren't you?

anarcho-commie
07-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Yes, but it I bet it would not involve anything we discuss about Rosetta Stoned on here.

hushypushy
07-23-2006, 07:44 PM
i don't care, i just want to see what adam jones will cook up for me. i love all his work. i'd love to see visuals put to this song (and damn, the entire album). a 5.1 mix would be icing in the cake...

ShadowLine
08-01-2006, 09:39 AM
it would be amazing to see, but vicarious will be coming first, and if they choose to release another single i reckon it will be the pot.

chris
x

Track 01
08-02-2006, 05:48 PM
No because I think the song is overrated...I just cant get into it, its not even in my top 5 on 10,000 Days

ShadowLine
08-02-2006, 07:18 PM
No because I think the song is overrated...I just cant get into it, its not even in my top 5 on 10,000 Days

how come? explain.

chris
x

leftfootblue
08-03-2006, 01:04 PM
I like the song; if you've seen A Scanner Darkly there is a bit in there very similar to this song.

Track 01
08-04-2006, 08:14 AM
how come? explain.

chris
x
idk it takes songs a while to grow on me maybe when i listen to it more i will like it

ShadowLine
08-04-2006, 08:35 AM
idk it takes songs a while to grow on me maybe when i listen to it more i will like it

fair nuff mate, still an amazing song, took me a while to get into tool full stop.

chris
x

Metalgod666
08-04-2006, 10:19 PM
A Rosetta Stoned video would be awesome but I highly doubt it would happen

Track 01
08-07-2006, 01:31 PM
fair nuff mate, still an amazing song, took me a while to get into tool full stop.

chris
x
After wearing out my 2nd 10,000 Days CD i have come to the conclusion that Rosetta Stoned is a great song if you drop Lost Keys...

spicolli
08-07-2006, 08:08 PM
but lost keys is necessary as it explains/introduces the theme of the following song

ShadowLine
08-08-2006, 05:59 AM
After wearing out my 2nd 10,000 Days CD i have come to the conclusion that Rosetta Stoned is a great song if you drop Lost Keys...

not at all i view lost keys/rosetta stoned as one piece really, its a story a journey, its like saying that parabola is great when you drop parabol.

chris
x

mr. nikki jensen
08-29-2006, 09:54 AM
that would be awesome!

renegade46n2
09-04-2006, 08:56 AM
I wish they'd do a whole video album. Put the whole fuckin thing to video. God knows they've had enough time.

And Rosetta Stoned is my personal favorite off the album. It wasn't at first, but now I probably listen to it 3 times as much as any other 10,000 Days track.

FrayedSanity3
09-04-2006, 10:45 AM
I was never a Rosetta Stoned fan until I saw it live last spring. That definitely changed my opinion. That'd be a killer video.

Ambival
09-05-2006, 04:53 AM
I wish they'd do a whole video album. Put the whole fuckin thing to video. God knows they've had enough time.
hey that's actually a great idea. Maybe not for 10k days but a future album. They could do alot with it.

I imagine this video would have to be different stylistically from any video they've made before. it would be fucking awesome to watch.

somniferousalmondeye
09-06-2006, 07:14 PM
fuck yeah, one of the best songs on the new albulm, but i think it can be made into a feature film. there is so much to work with.

MisterMudd
09-15-2006, 02:54 PM
I was never a Rosetta Stoned fan until I saw it live last spring. That definitely changed my opinion. That'd be a killer video.

I just saw it live with the new visuals, it was awesome. Some skinny white guy (Maynard?) stumbling down the street in boxers and a green hat. Made me laugh.

lemonlateralus
09-15-2006, 03:14 PM
sounds awesome....still WHERE IS VICARIOUS?

Snakedragon
09-19-2006, 01:11 AM
Rosetta stoned indeed would make an awesome video. However there probably wont be a video until they finish their current tour.

Stumtool
10-10-2006, 10:50 AM
i think this video could have alot of potential

stevejols
10-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Have you seen the video they put up for it live. Maybe its not a normal Tool Video but at least it is very effective as well as well as highly disturbing if you are one of those people where this song hits home a little too much.

A man swaying sloppily walking along side a highway. Sounds simple but its really fucked up.

Then they show outerspace and numbers and stuff.... very trippy actually

Pharmaecopia_stinkfist
10-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Have you seen the video they put up for it live. Maybe its not a normal Tool Video but at least it is very effective as well as well as highly disturbing if you are one of those people where this song hits home a little too much.

A man swaying sloppily walking along side a highway. Sounds simple but its really fucked up.

Then they show outerspace and numbers and stuff.... very trippy actually

Yes, I saw it, it's really awesome. But it follows the feel of the song too directly it seems, if they released a video I dont think they'd make it so obvious. As opposed to this one which was probably just made for something cool to look at during their shows.

ShadowLine
10-19-2006, 02:04 PM
I just saw it live with the new visuals, it was awesome. Some skinny white guy (Maynard?) stumbling down the street in boxers and a green hat. Made me laugh.

its not maynard its one of camellas sunjects that she uses in art alot. look on the newsletters of yoolband.com theres one about the new footage.

chris
x

Ambival
10-20-2006, 03:06 AM
Is there a clip of it up somewhere, youtube etc..?

Andorion
11-09-2006, 09:52 AM
its not maynard its one of camellas sunjects that she uses in art alot. look on the newsletters of yoolband.com theres one about the new footage.

chris
x

yuleband.com, just in time for Christmas! ; )

rintoot
11-16-2006, 08:23 AM
not at all i view lost keys/rosetta stoned as one piece really, its a story a journey, its like saying that parabola is great when you drop parabol.

chris
x

its bad, i dont know if its that bad though, i like parabol better than the second part to be honest

scummonk
11-27-2006, 03:21 PM
they should just use the visuals from the live show.
i was watching that nearly as much as the band, and it was what I imagined visuals would be like to the song.

rhythmic_reflection
11-27-2006, 04:05 PM
Does anyone know if the visuals used live in concert for Rosetta Stoned are available on the Disturb the Normal DVD? ...or anywhere else?
I REALLY, REALLY want to obtain a copy of the videos they use on tour - but only if it includes the newer 10,000 Days clips as well. Absolutely mind blowing; the outer space shots were like viewing uncollapsing and recollapsing wavefunctions, superposed realities individuating and unifying over and over again!

Physics is f*cking fun!
~ Dave_Toms
~ Rhythmic_Reflection

Kruppo
11-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Rolling off the idea that Tool should "Just make the whole CD into a video" i always thought it'd be cool if they did just that - if they made a DVD that has one song after another all in some kind of movie-like format or something similar to it. Damn. That'd be awesome.

epistomai
11-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Rolling off the idea that Tool should "Just make the whole CD into a video" i always thought it'd be cool if they did just that - if they made a DVD that has one song after another all in some kind of movie-like format or something similar to it. Damn. That'd be awesome.

Just to appear more to Pink Floyd Progressive stuff and leave a little bit their sound & visuals?

ShadowLine
11-30-2006, 02:05 PM
yuleband.com, just in time for Christmas! ; )

definately, tool brach out into marketing christmas for us all! rejoice! the nagels bring forth gifts! lol

chris
x

ShadowLine
11-30-2006, 02:09 PM

you seen 'the song remains the same' by zeppelin? that would be cool for tool.

chris
x

Salvatorin
12-28-2006, 06:33 PM
i can just imagine the video. It would be all white first. Then like the opening of eyes, you would find yourself in a hospital bed. And then there is the nurse/doc scene, then after that a wonderfully trippy entrance to area 51 and after a while just plain crazy visuals...and whatever afterthat

HookerWithADick
01-24-2007, 01:49 PM
I think it would make a great video. But it would not match the tone set by the previous videos. Unless the video was completely unrelated to the lyrics. Rosetta Stoned is probably my favorite song on 2KDays, but it strikes me as very comical. I loved the footage that they show live. Seeing him running naked thru the desert had me laughing my ass off.

As much as I would find a Rosetta Stoned music video amusing, I think it would in the end be dwarfed by the monumental, aw inspiring works of art that the other videos turned out to be.

seneca77
01-27-2007, 09:56 PM
i think this vid would be close encounters of the third kind meets The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy meets bill hicks as the lead guy

lemonlateralus
01-29-2007, 03:43 PM
i really hope they include the dazed loin clothed man in the video...better still the whole live visualisation.
so much effort went into that i can tell.

InertUniformity
01-29-2007, 09:52 PM

And Rosetta Stoned is my personal favorite off the album. It wasn't at first, but now I probably listen to it 3 times as much as any other 10,000 Days track.

theyve talked about doing the score for a movie... haha imagine a movie based on Rosetta Stoned... or any other tool song for that matter.

of course it would be the other way around... tool would write the music after the fact... still i hope they do it one day.

But yeah... i doubt we will ever see a rosetta stoned vid cuz i remember blair telling that whole story about camella and dave shooting clips near area 51 that would be used as stock background material for live shows...

ShadowLine
01-29-2007, 11:19 PM
ok i have the perfect film for tool to write the music to. and i created it. it is a film with little speech in fact there are are only about 6 lines of dialogue. not wanting to give away the whole film in case fat cats steal it here is the plot:

it follows the path of an individual who has been seekng enlightenment.
he transend this 3rd dimesion and enters into the 4th dimension.
the film is all based around the change that hapens to him as he becomes one with god.

chris
x

Salvatorin
01-30-2007, 06:41 PM
ay caramba!