PDA

View Full Version : let the [angels] wear glasses

ataraxia77
07-21-2006, 06:53 AM
I know the "monkeys killing monkeys killing monkeys" line of this song has been compared to "life feeds on life feeds on..." from another great Tool song, but I noticed something else that caught my attention.
In the mostly incomprehensible part of this song (fight over ground, over x, over y, etc), the melody and rhythm stack nicely onto that of the melody and rhythm of "life feeds on life, feeds on life...). I recognize that they are different, but the accents and melody of both of them are eerily alike. Could be a coincidence. Or, it could be that they (Tool) are motioning us to things they've already told us- as has been evidenced numerous times already. I'll save my interpretations of this possibility for later, as to hopefully get some of yours first.

ApostlesCreed
07-22-2006, 11:10 AM
I know the "monkeys killing monkeys killing monkeys" line of this song has been compared to "life feeds on life feeds on..." from another great Tool song, but I noticed something else that caught my attention.
In the mostly incomprehensible part of this song (fight over ground, over x, over y, etc), the melody and rhythm stack nicely onto that of the melody and rhythm of "life feeds on life, feeds on life...). I recognize that they are different, but the accents and melody of both of them are eerily alike. Could be a coincidence. Or, it could be that they (Tool) are motioning us to things they've already told us- as has been evidenced numerous times already. I'll save my interpretations of this possibility for later, as to hopefully get some of yours first.

I think that's a good concept. This album, to me anyway, seems to be a culmination and evolution of the past albums into a more mature and collective whole. Taking from the experiences detailed in Lateralus and continuing that motion while arriving at a new state but still ushering forth ever more. Basic principals have moved into a deeper understanding. Obstacles have become hurdles and TOOL continues to spiral out.

ataraxia77
07-27-2006, 09:14 AM
if the carrots aren't to be saved, then neither are we from the harm we bring upon ourselves. we have become both the carrots, rabbits, and harvesters simultaneously. glasses won't solve anything.

lizbiz
07-27-2006, 11:09 AM
This album, to me anyway, seems to be a culmination and evolution of the past albums into a more mature and collective whole.

YES! Tool is discustipated that they have been drilling the message, but nobody gets it. Or is it just one person can't make a difference... Tool fans unite!!!!!!!!! Put on your glasses!!!!!!!!

Holy shit, I think you're onto something.

Inner_Eulogy
07-27-2006, 01:17 PM
I think that's a good concept. This album, to me anyway, seems to be a culmination and evolution of the past albums into a more mature and collective whole. Taking from the experiences detailed in Lateralus and continuing that motion while arriving at a new state but still ushering forth ever more. Basic principals have moved into a deeper understanding. Obstacles have become hurdles and TOOL continues to spiral out.

Fuckers need to give us some more music. Damn album still seems so short compared the the previous ones and I'm still hungry.

Travis
08-16-2006, 07:28 AM
Tool has got quite a racket going. If another bands put out something that sounded like their old shit you'd say they don't have creativity, when tool does it they have synchronicity. Also, the rabbits need to wear glasses because if we save carrots from their holocaust rabbits won't be getting their daily dose of vitamin A.

Gnome_Chomsky
08-16-2006, 09:59 AM
YES! Tool is discustipated that they have been drilling the message, but nobody gets it. Or is it just one person can't make a difference... Tool fans unite!!!!!!!!! Put on your glasses!!!!!!!!

Holy shit, I think you're onto something.

Maybe they shouldnt have to say it all again. (but they did)

swampyfool
08-21-2006, 06:44 AM
Tool has got quite a racket going. If another bands put out something that sounded like their old shit you'd say they don't have creativity, when tool does it they have synchronicity.

That's a bit of an oversimplification . . . If another band puts out something that sounds like it is desperately trying to mimic Tool, then I would question the creativity. However, if another band puts out something that captured that same energy while imbuing it with their own creative process, I would run to the rooftops and cry out "Halleleujah!"

thirdeyecreationist
10-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Absolutely, each album seems to come from a higher and higher place, accelerating. I love that there are parts of this album we don't get yet, and that it builds on the older ones. Maybe these parts won't make any sence until the next album, or a live performance, or even until we listeners reach a level of cosciousness that we recognize a meaning that our ears and minds just can't 'figure out' yet.

The journey sure is awesome.