PDA

View Full Version : I never lived a lie, never took a life, but surely saved one

ntto
07-20-2006, 05:01 AM
'but surely saved one'

This is something that is suggested to JM that she should tell her maker.

Interested to hear what you guys think if this line?

lizbiz
07-20-2006, 05:43 AM
I think he's referring to the inspiration she provided him. Her devotion and character helped him see the light and take the right path.

asdf25
07-20-2006, 06:15 AM
On a closely related topic...

Does everyone agree that the "Hallelujah, it's time for you to bring me home" is also supposed to be what he's suggesting Judith say? I think I've seen at least two people on here who seemed to thinks that line is Maynard speaking, which just seems entirely wrong to me.

Oh, and I agree with lizbiz.

ntto
07-20-2006, 06:41 AM
I think he's referring to the inspiration she provided him. Her devotion and character helped him see the light and take the right path.

hmm, but has he taken the right path? Surely if she had saved maynard then he'd be religious as well?

Terry21
07-20-2006, 06:43 AM

Does everyone agree that the "Hallelujah, it's time for you to bring me home" is also supposed to be what he's suggesting Judith say? I think I've seen at least two people on here who seemed to thinks that line is Maynard speaking, which just seems entirely wrong to me.

Of course it is still his mom. How could it be Maynard? Maynard doesn't want to be home. It makes entirely sense in Judith's words.

I wonder where a few people get their meanings from? It's like Maynard is SPITTING in your face the meaning and you interpretate something else out of it. Silly people.

ntto
07-20-2006, 06:43 AM

Oh, and I agree with lizbiz.

yea I think he's suggesting Judith say that.

Although I guess you could also intrepret it another way - Maynard has been freed the suffering of watching his mother die and he's more at peace now she is at peace.

asdf25
07-20-2006, 07:15 AM
hmm, but has he taken the right path? Surely if she had saved maynard then he'd be religious as well?

No, he's just saying she had a important positive influence on him. He doesn't necessarily subscribe to her theology.

Of course it is still his mom. How could it be Maynard? Maynard doesn't want to be home. It makes entirely sense in Judith's words.

I wonder where a few people get their meanings from? It's like Maynard is SPITTING in your face the meaning and you interpretate something else out of it. Silly people.
Agreed, just thought it worth mentioning because there seem to somehow be more than zero people who didn't realize that already.