PDA

View Full Version : Hello

empty_blanket
04-27-2003, 01:03 PM
I'm new, so I thought I'd break the ice with a picture doodle I did in art class. Enjoy!
http://www.morphedmedia.com/tdn/view.php?id=041132PM.bmp

Paladin
04-27-2003, 03:52 PM
ugghhh....errr...aaaa

psilomind
04-27-2003, 04:39 PM
Sorry if I say this like an asshole, but for lack of a better word I'd call that... um... terrible. Seriously. I hope I haven't shattered any dreams.

adjkl
04-27-2003, 05:29 PM
I don't find it terrible.

plexus
04-28-2003, 02:51 PM
what the fuck?... i dont wanna be a mean guy... but im on the same page that psilomind is on... that tree in the background looks like a turd on a podium... that was pretty cool

oh yea... and fuck the .bmp's...... no more ... NO MORE!!!... is it that hard to save the pic as a jpeg and save some space and my time?

IC
04-29-2003, 04:34 PM
wtf

GregoryWohlwend
04-29-2003, 09:45 PM
what's up man, welcome to TDN.

what's your story?

Edman
04-29-2003, 09:49 PM
To: My mommy

plexus
04-30-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Edman
To: My mommy

that was a good one

empty_blanket
05-01-2003, 10:30 AM
I said it was a DOODLE, assholes. I didn't put any seriouse effort into it. It's you people that give people a bad name.
I didn't know about the .bmp/jpeg thing. Sorry. Asshole.

psilomind
05-01-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by empty_blanket
I said it was a DOODLE, assholes. I didn't put any seriouse effort into it. It's you people that give people a bad name.
I didn't know about the .bmp/jpeg thing. Sorry. Asshole.

I could "seriouse"ly be much more of an asshole if I wanted to. Observe:

First off, even if this is a doodle its a fucking disgusting one. I probably have better doodles in my kindergarten portfolio. And if you didn't put any effort into it, DONT POST IT HERE!

And if you don't know the difference between jpeg and bitmap, that means you dont know shit about shit and you should just avoid your fucking computer.

See, I told you so...

Anyway I'm honestly not a very mean person, but if you accuse me of being one I guess I'll just go and humor your ignorance. So on that note, FUCK OFF!

plexus
05-01-2003, 01:25 PM
ok... its a bad doodle... its understood... now at least give this guy a chance to redeem himself... how about you post a drawing that you put serious effort into.. yes? no?... well its a suggestion...

stattica
05-04-2003, 11:57 AM
art is subjective, some people like what they see better then others, just because you don't like it, it does not mean it isnt good, all art is good in its own way

Choke
05-04-2003, 02:26 PM
holy shit you guys are mean, give him/her a break sheesh.

empty_blanket
05-04-2003, 02:40 PM
It was kind of meant to be cartoony, but it wasn't something that required much artistic talent, I'll admit. I'm not really proud of any of my artwork. I'll post one of my "good" drawings, just not now. I don't feel like using the scanner.

empty_blanket
05-04-2003, 02:42 PM
I have a habbit of over reacting.

Martin
05-04-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by stattica
art is subjective

The way I see it, everything is subjective...

4th Eye
05-04-2003, 02:47 PM
Hmm...it raises feelings, indeed...You have drawings with some effort?
Anyway, welcome!

Oh, and plexus, who's that chick in your avatar?

plexus
05-04-2003, 06:58 PM
mena suvari... actress.. model... and goddess... truly hot

no_eye_or_third
05-11-2003, 02:35 PM
Alright but if you could expand on it... turn it from some doodle into something beautiful... and THEN put it on the site. I'd like to see that. What is that there on the face, is 2 closed eyes and an open third eye at the top? Nice idea but aint exactly original. keep thinking, keep drawing.

Paladin
05-13-2003, 05:29 PM
keep taking art classes...you'll get better.
dont give up due to...flames.

empty_blanket
05-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Yes it is kind of unnorigional, but also not. Those eyes are open, they just don't work. /the third eye is kind of a rip off, if you chose to think that I'm ripping off Tool. I just hink that we can't trust what we see with our normal eyes, so we have to learn to see through our third eye. I'm sure since Tool has a song called "third eye" some people might think I'm intentionly copying them to look cool. If you'll also notice, the ears a cones. I think I might want to make a better version of this. I'm not very good at good art though. I'm working on it.

Stinkarm
05-23-2003, 06:05 AM
you guys (plexus, psilimind, and a few others) are still roaming these forums trshing ALMOST anything that displeases them... fuckin forum rats...

plexus
05-23-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Stinkarm
you guys (plexus, psilimind, and a few others) are still roaming these forums trshing ALMOST anything that displeases them... fuckin forum rats...

say man... dont fucking bitch me out... everything i say is fucking legitamate... i dont fucking flame... im realistic... im not gonna fucking entertain some guys' idea that they 'make 'art'' when they draw like they have one finger... this is just crap... this.... this doodle is crap... it doesnt deserve the wasted graphite of the pencil this guy used or the electricity wasted on scanning this shit... not to mention my wasted time that it took loading this fucking work of shit... art IS subjective... and art and music and anything IS all opinion... but come on... i dont consider a 5-year-old's mothers day card made with crayons that says "i wuv yoo mumy" with a crooked heart a piece of art... so why would i consider this shit art?... some kids mothers day card would use more talent than this anyway.... you people all know this is crap too... just cause i have the balls to say it means you should get on me and call me a forum rat and shit?... i didnt even trash it... you want me to trash it? i ca fucking trash it... where should i start?

oh.. his eyes are open, they just dont work? then where are the eyes at? hmm? i dont se eyes... i see one third eye that looks like a bug crawling on his forehead... and two squigley lines surrounded by dashes where eyes are (i think) supposed to be (i cant really tell though because the head has no recognisably anotomically correct feature on it... woah.. the ears ARE cones... i guess thats so he can hear better... how fucking deep... and theyre not on the side of the head like normal ears but on the cheek bones instead.. thats so deep... looking at the nose and trying to find something bad to say about it just makes me tired... i cant even begin cause theres nothing right about it... checkered teeth... that is original.. i think i used that when drawing a refirgerator monster in 2nd grade...and whats up with the uber-batman jaw? it looks sharp enough to kill a man.. i guess thats deep too... and the original techniquie to draw the hair!... turning the pencil on its side and rubbing ot on the paper... how original... and dont get me started on the turd on the podium...

so i guess im a forum rat... oh well.. just cause i dont sympathize with people who do shit like this... just cause im not a fucking bleeding heart towards wannabe fucking artists? well then im a fucking rat for telling it like it is... well you know what... some guy saying... look at my piece of art and showing shit like this is an insult to me and my fucking honest effort with doing something that has to do with art in my life...

i didnt wanna do that but you made me... i dont have anything personal against empty blanket and i dont care if you do sympathize with this guy's doodle... but when you say you have a problem with me voicing MY ---OPIONION--- on this... then well.. i think you get it...

Stinkarm
05-23-2003, 01:53 PM
well, youre pretty much degrading anyones work when you say it was "a waste of time" to look at it, but if youre running a 56k modem then i'd understand. I do realize and respect that it's your opinion...but seriously, do you really have to reply to almost EVERY SINGLE THREAD? Can you not just let one go with out saying something to them? You should try it. It'll help keep you from typing up another damn essay.

psilomind
05-23-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Stinkarm

Ummm... Huh?

psilomind
05-23-2003, 02:18 PM
You (Stinkarm) should also note that I don't just trash on art that I dont like. If you notice, I mainly post nothing but good comments and neutral observations in my replys. In this case, I simply stated my negative opinion. And my rude statements were towards his assinine comments, not towards his drawing (edit: even though, in agreement with plexus, it is utterly disgusting to look at).

And to empty blanket, I mean no harm to your credibilty. I really cant hate someone over a computer screen. Thats just a stupid thing to do. Its just that, well, I dont enjoy your work.

Okay. Im done ranting now.

piggy
05-23-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by plexus
say man... dont fucking bitch me out... everything i say is fucking legitamate... i dont fucking flame... im realistic... im not gonna fucking entertain some guys' idea that they 'make 'art'' when they draw like they have one finger... this is just crap... this.... this doodle is crap... it doesnt deserve the wasted graphite of the pencil this guy used or the electricity wasted on scanning this shit... not to mention my wasted time that it took loading this fucking work of shit... art IS subjective... and art and music and anything IS all opinion... but come on... i dont consider a 5-year-old's mothers day card made with crayons that says "i wuv yoo mumy" with a crooked heart a piece of art... so why would i consider this shit art?... some kids mothers day card would use more talent than this anyway.... you people all know this is crap too... just cause i have the balls to say it means you should get on me and call me a forum rat and shit?... i didnt even trash it... you want me to trash it? i ca fucking trash it... where should i start?

oh.. his eyes are open, they just dont work? then where are the eyes at? hmm? i dont se eyes... i see one third eye that looks like a bug crawling on his forehead... and two squigley lines surrounded by dashes where eyes are (i think) supposed to be (i cant really tell though because the head has no recognisably anotomically correct feature on it... woah.. the ears ARE cones... i guess thats so he can hear better... how fucking deep... and theyre not on the side of the head like normal ears but on the cheek bones instead.. thats so deep... looking at the nose and trying to find something bad to say about it just makes me tired... i cant even begin cause theres nothing right about it... checkered teeth... that is original.. i think i used that when drawing a refirgerator monster in 2nd grade...and whats up with the uber-batman jaw? it looks sharp enough to kill a man.. i guess thats deep too... and the original techniquie to draw the hair!... turning the pencil on its side and rubbing ot on the paper... how original... and dont get me started on the turd on the podium...

so i guess im a forum rat... oh well.. just cause i dont sympathize with people who do shit like this... just cause im not a fucking bleeding heart towards wannabe fucking artists? well then im a fucking rat for telling it like it is... well you know what... some guy saying... look at my piece of art and showing shit like this is an insult to me and my fucking honest effort with doing something that has to do with art in my life...

i didnt wanna do that but you made me... i dont have anything personal against empty blanket and i dont care if you do sympathize with this guy's doodle... but when you say you have a problem with me voicing MY ---OPIONION--- on this... then well.. i think you get it...

Good call, Plexus. That has GOT to be the funniest post I've ever read. Seriously. My stomach hurts from laughing so hard.

godsmistake
05-30-2003, 11:25 AM
I think we should all get together somewhere and beat the shit out of one another. then we can get it all out in the open and save some space on the server to boot.

Paladin
05-30-2003, 08:24 PM
...some of us might be considerably weaker than the others, thus rendering others stronger...like me. so dont you dare lay a fingert on me or my artwork!

plexus
05-30-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by godsmistake
I think we should all get together somewhere and beat the shit out of one another. then we can get it all out in the open and save some space on the server to boot.

what a coincidence.. i was thinking the same thing... but i was thinking more along the lines of getting my dick all out and beating the shit out of it... but if you wanna beat me instead, im game.

Hogpile
05-31-2003, 09:38 AM
The funny thing is, is that this guys shit could probabily sell in some New York modern art gallery for hundreds of thousands. "a stunning piece of surrealism." "the lines are unversal to the soul." lol.......rave reviews and shit.

Deftones
05-31-2003, 09:52 AM

http://www.morphedmedia.com/tdn/view.php?id=041132PM.bmp

a true masterpiece, let the others talk, this is awesome!
they dont see a true masterpiece if it goed right through them!

IC
05-31-2003, 05:28 PM
that was terrible.

stattica
06-08-2003, 12:04 PM
do you realise that because of all your negative comments this person hasnt come back to the forum for ever since a couple of days after this went up

plexus
06-08-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by stattica
do you realise that because of all your negative comments this person hasnt come back to the forum for ever since a couple of days after this went up

cry me a river

Oblive
06-08-2003, 12:31 PM
THAT IS HILARIOUS

plexus...you are my god!

plexus
06-08-2003, 12:42 PM
did you see the PM i just sent you?

Hogpile
06-09-2003, 06:34 AM
Plexus this kind of off the subject, well really off the subject, but is that avator a pic of you, or some actress?? It looks familar like the blond girl from American pie. Just curious.....

Pro_Art
06-09-2003, 06:51 AM
I have a habbit of over reacting.
IMO, you didn't overreact. These assholes deserved it,
and more! They obviously didn't take into account this
doodle was just an icebreaker. As long as you don't
post these on a regular basis with a separate thread for
each, I can't complain.

btw, no matter what you do, somebody is bound to hate
you for it. I expected more from a Tool forum, guess
I was let down, only by a few though.

Peace,
Pro Art (Protocol Artisan)

plexus
06-09-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Pro_Art
IMO, you didn't overreact. These assholes deserved it,
and more! They obviously didn't take into account this
doodle was just an icebreaker. As long as you don't
post these on a regular basis with a separate thread for
each, I can't complain.

btw, no matter what you do, somebody is bound to hate
you for it. I expected more from a Tool forum, guess
I was let down, only by a few though.

Peace,
Pro Art (Protocol Artisan)

what exactly did i deserve? cause i dont feel ive gotten anything.... it doesnt matter if this doodle was an icebreaker... it sucks... that makes it even worse... for an icebreaker he should post something he actually worked on and thinks is good... if he knew it was just a little doodle... than he shouldnt have posted it....

and im sorry you expected more from a tool forum... sorry we're not a congregation of gods like you imagined... ill bet that the band themselves wouldve made fun of this doodle if they saw it... they are cynical too ya know

and the icon is mena suvari

stattica
06-13-2003, 01:49 PM
the person who posted this isn't here anymore, he was gone a few days after he posted this, if you all hate it so much, just let the thread die. then you never have to waste brain cells thinking about it ever again

plexus
06-13-2003, 04:44 PM
exactly... and we it was going good until you replied to it... it was gonna be bumped to the second page eventually... if you dont post.... so stop possting in this thread... this ls the last one... no one vares about it anymore

Stinkarm
06-22-2003, 10:01 AM
...but i love this thread =)