PDA

View Full Version : Our Money

faaip de oaid
04-27-2003, 06:30 AM
did anyone else notice how TOOL backwards is LOOT? loot as in... cash... money... i think we're the tools. they just want our goddamn money. and that damned subliminal perception got to us all. oh well.

eulogy508
04-27-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by faaip de oaid
did anyone else notice how TOOL backwards is LOOT? loot as in... cash... money... i think we're the tools. they just want our goddamn money. and that damned subliminal perception got to us all. oh well.

Until you can really prove the subliminal messages are real, I can't really agree with you on that one.

faaip de oaid
04-27-2003, 10:32 AM
you cant agree cause they tell you not to. they are so subliminal that i cant even detect them. youre just gonna have to trust me on this one.

Lachrymologist
04-27-2003, 01:19 PM
If TooL was just in the music business for the money, why wouldn't they make music that was appealing to the majority of people, why wouldn't they make shorter songs, why wouldn't they be on MTV all the time?

Wataru
04-27-2003, 02:06 PM
If anyone deserves money, it's Tool. Listening to Tool music might be one of the very best things a person can do for themself. My mother gives 5 dollars to the Catholic chuch every week, she's been a catholic for 20+ years. That's over 5000 dollars. (Side note: Who do you think would be more enlightened? Someone who is a model religon member, or someone to listens to Tool with an open ear?) If you eat at a fast food restaurant once a week, and you're over 35 years old, you've spent at least that much money on low-quality high-fat food. I'm not even going to try and calculate how much money the average American wastes on cigarettes, snickers bars, and prostitutes.

But how Much have you spent on Tool? 100? maybe 200-300 if you go to concerts and buy memorabilia?

Hell, for all the insight into life Tool has helped me achieve, I'm glad to sit through some subliminal messaging which may or may not even exist.

I'm not saying it's wrong to give money to your chuch, or buy snickers bars, or eat at Taco Bell if you want to. Hell, the people at Taco Bell know me by name! I don't have to even tell the fuckers what I want cuz I always order the same thing (Number 8, beef baja with a softshell taco and mountain dew).

If you're worried about being suckered into wasting money on things, Tool is probably the last group of people you should be 'pointing your finger' at.

Maybe I should have posted this to the "Hooker With A Penis" forum. :-)

faaip de oaid
04-27-2003, 05:02 PM
i realize lateralus is a more spiritual album, but did everyone forget about the old tool humor? come on people, relax. besides, i never said anything about it being wrong to give money to tool or taco bell or whatever. besides, its not my money anyways.

(damn, its too late for you all, youre already too sucked in to be helped now...)
=)