PDA

View Full Version : this song transcends time

NoD
07-17-2006, 11:28 PM
everytime I listen to this song I cant' believe it is over 6 minutes in length. It's just so masterfully done it flies. Wfm/10,000 really is the greatest song I have ever heard in my life. 18 minutes of pure brilliance.

mr. nikki jensen
07-18-2006, 07:18 AM
agree with you. its pure perfection..!

donhumberto
08-08-2006, 08:47 AM
absolutely agreed... I always thought there was no way to top Third Eye... fortunately, I was wrong

placidium
08-08-2006, 08:51 AM
can't say i'm really a fan, or that i agree with it "transcending time", but when i listened to this one all 50 times, it didn't feel anywhere near 6 minutes long..

christjohn
08-08-2006, 09:34 AM
before "Set as I am..." it's boring (for minute or two)
I know there's also "You are the light, the way, they only...etc."

to tell you truth, I think "Pushit" was better.

Speaking of "third eye", donhumberto, maybe it's some kind f prolegomena to "rosetta stoned"? Or maybe "Rosetta..." is in some kind of connection with Metallica's "One"?

placidium
08-08-2006, 09:59 AM
wrong song christjohn..

ShadowLine
08-09-2006, 06:21 AM
maybe "Rosetta..." is in some kind of connection with Metallica's "One"?

you fucking moron. one by metallica is based on a film where a young man is sent to war gets his arms and legs blown off, and looses all his senses. is comitted to hospital.

rosetta is about (i think, it means something different to different ppl) the first man to take lsd. doctors dont know what the fuck is wrong. he then experiences hings because he has opened his third eye.

chris
x

placidium
08-09-2006, 06:25 AM
maybe "Rosetta..." is in some kind of connection with Metallica's "One"?you fucking moron. one by metallica is based on a film where a young man is sent to war gets his arms and legs blown off, and looses all his senses. is comitted to hospital.

rosetta is about (i think, it means something different to different ppl)

hmm..

christjohn
08-09-2006, 12:19 PM
placidium, yes, I see it too... Sometimes I can't make myself clear in English, but I think French should be helpful: there's a word "pendant" in this language and it means something in theory of interpretation.

"Rosetta..." could be the "pendant" of "The One", because both songs are about disadvantages of being "Hero". Both "HEROS" are pathetic, the soldier in somatic way, the UFO Junkie in mental way...

I can't help myself thinking that "Rosetta..." could be also kind of parody of songs like "The One" (pathetic empathy of MR Hatfield)

And I really think, SHADOWLINE, that Tool and Maynard's lyrics are too... (how should I put it?)... intelligent for Wayne-Rooney-Wannabe like you... there are too many deep meanings there for you... If something is not obvious like it "is based on a film where a young man is sent to war gets his arms and legs blown off, and looses all his senses. is comitted to hospital." it's too painful and too... French for you... like Zidane's head...

So, go and have a beer, listen some, I don't know, Westlife, watch some Guy Ritchie movies... and vote Tony Blair off course.

Sorry Guys for this off-topic, but Europe is too dominated by England.

ShadowLine
08-10-2006, 08:14 AM
placidium, yes, I see it too... Sometimes I can't make myself clear in English, but I think French should be helpful: there's a word "pendant" in this language and it means something in theory of interpretation.

"Rosetta..." could be the "pendant" of "The One", because both songs are about disadvantages of being "Hero". Both "HEROS" are pathetic, the soldier in somatic way, the UFO Junkie in mental way...

I can't help myself thinking that "Rosetta..." could be also kind of parody of songs like "The One" (pathetic empathy of MR Hatfield)

And I really think, SHADOWLINE, that Tool and Maynard's lyrics are too... (how should I put it?)... intelligent for Wayne-Rooney-Wannabe like you... there are too many deep meanings there for you... If something is not obvious like it "is based on a film where a young man is sent to war gets his arms and legs blown off, and looses all his senses. is comitted to hospital." it's too painful and too... French for you... like Zidane's head...

So, go and have a beer, listen some, I don't know, Westlife, watch some Guy Ritchie movies... and vote Tony Blair off course.

Sorry Guys for this off-topic, but Europe is too dominated by England.

just to say im sorry i blew off. but
1.in not english, im scottish,
2.i was a bit drunk when writing that
3.i hate wayne roony and all england footballers.

chris
x

ShadowLine
08-10-2006, 08:16 AM
and for a real post, u do have a point that third eye and rosetta could be linked, i'm not sure about the link with one because it was just based on the film 'johnny got his gun' and i think mentality wise metallica and tool are miles apart.

anway sorry for calling you a moron.lol

chris
x

christjohn
08-10-2006, 09:40 AM
That's cool. We all have worse days, don't we?
sorry for calling you W-R-Wannabe.

ShadowLine
08-10-2006, 12:03 PM
That's cool. We all have worse days, don't we?
sorry for calling you W-R-Wannabe.

its ok man, i was a bit of a prick.lol

chris
x

murph83
10-25-2006, 09:21 AM
This (wings and 10000 days) should go down as one of the best songs ever written.