PDA

View Full Version : the crying baby

lebensnacht
04-26-2003, 01:34 PM
ok, cesaro summability is the outro to Pushit and the intro to a song about destruction.. it starts with a babie's cry, and it sounds very much like a new-born to me. It is the sound of birth. So maybe this is a picture for us..

then there's this quote from the Glass Bead Game by Hermann Hesse, "In jedem Anfang liegt ein Zauber." ~ "In every beginning there is magic." This might serve well in the context.

so i think this cry -as the intro of the intro- tells us right away where this (the song) is going to in the end. it's gonna lead to birth, a new beginning, a chance to make everything right/better.
also, a new beginning would be something nice to think of after you listened to Pushit. And if you look at Pushit as a song about someone who could only break out of a relationship by clawing someone's throat away, this babie's cry could symbolize some kind of (re-)birth or for that matter a new beginning.

all this may sound far-fetched, but it kinda makes sense when you think of what's coming later on in Aenema, ie.

"Mom's gonna fix it all soon. Mom's coming round to put it back, the way it oughta be." etc.. -- mother is the instance giving birth.

"dont just call me a pessimist, try and read between the lines." -- the song's speaking of l.a. being flushed away but on the other hand arizona bay is being BORN.. that's something easily read between the lines.

and finally "learn to swim" -- babies are able to swim :)