PDA

View Full Version : ASCISCO!

lizbiz
07-17-2006, 08:23 AM
Sorry if this has been previously posted, but these forums are too deep to search everything.

Ascisco is latin 'to take up, adopt, receive, approve, to admit'

Pretty damn sure the voice is saying 'ascisco' which would make sense considering the title is in latin and the theme of the album is death, and the loss of his mother. I believe the small fluttering sound you here is Judith getting her wings, same sound as WFM.

Obviously, the voice at the end is slowed WAY down. Try speeding it, I hear 'ascisco'

Now if you want to talk about duality, 23 is a number closely related to disasters. This could stretch across the entire album, but most notably starting at Rosetta with the details of our ending, to Intension talking about our beginning and saying 'Leave as we come in, Pure as light, return to one' all the way to Right in Two and it's obvious message. It all sounds pretty apocalyptic to me.

Please share your opinions.

morgoth's shadow
07-17-2006, 08:30 AM
makes more sense than "francisco". i think you hit the nail on the head. have a lollipop.

o00mega00
07-17-2006, 08:36 AM
Well I can't comment on the latin word ascisco, because to me it is just too un-intelligible, and I haven't listened to it sped up. however it is interesting to learn what the word means.

I love the ideas presented in this album about the dualistic nature of humanity, intertwined with the emotional aspects of life.

That everlasting conflict between what we know is probably right and what we actually do based on our material bonds.

weesper
07-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Ascisco is not the infinitive but is the singular first person as in 'I admit' or 'I approve' or it can be used as a way of adressing someone, say 'the admitted one'

The rest of it has all been discussed at great length.

weesper
07-17-2006, 10:49 AM
or it can be used as a noun itself of course (latin has remained a very unevolved language so a lot of the ambiguities have never been 'sliced' out)

centaur
07-21-2006, 01:30 PM
I thought it has beern solved - some people speeded it up on themachine and it is FRANCISCO - reference to de Goya - who painted the cruelty of humans - viginty tres then is a part of right in two

Gnome_Chomsky
07-21-2006, 02:30 PM
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=49128

Scroll down to about the middle. This is old news but good find, i guess.

centaur
07-21-2006, 04:15 PM
there must be another old thread discussing francisco de goya. so there are two theories I would say.

AMF
07-21-2006, 05:06 PM
Best one I've heard yet.

Aequitas
08-25-2006, 11:46 PM
I literally just heard the part of the song seconds ago, and even slowed down, to me clearly sounds like ascisco.

NoD
08-26-2006, 01:17 AM
I'm biting on this 'ascisco' theory....makes the most sense

Alex in Chains
08-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Now if you want to talk about duality, 23 is a number closely related to disasters.

?

TEST
10-04-2006, 08:58 AM
Asisco...that's a good one....
but are you sure that he is saying ascisco every time?

Arkham Asylum
03-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Yep, "asisco" is the best guess I have heard so far. Nice sleuthing.