PDA

View Full Version : unaudible Talking

Zerocool997
11-24-2002, 09:20 PM
I have tried and tried to make out exactly what Maynard is saying in the middle of the song but it is hard. The only thing I can cleary make out is at the end of the alking Maynard says "And what is all this." atleast this is what I hear. Anyone else figure this out?

Chris_Brightwell
11-24-2002, 09:53 PM
I think this is what you're talking about:

From 4:35 to 5:38:

You could be the one to save me from my own existence
I was so sure that I'd sin and you'd pay too

I'm just glad you knew me enough to allow me to always sit by you
So mad since you stopped giving all your commands
You weren't too mad when he called you
Your mind is helpless

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
Chris Brightwell // moderator

reppy
11-27-2002, 06:54 AM
chris
im from athens .. go to UAH.. so, figured i'd say what's up.

Danz0r
11-27-2002, 06:59 AM
I also had never been able to figure that out, but reading what chris wrote as i'm listening to it, It sounds clear as day. always wierd the way that works.

ProfoundHaytred
11-27-2002, 09:31 AM
Thanks Chris for clarifing that, its kinda been in the back of my head for a while and now i know exactly what it is that he's saying.

Chris_Brightwell
11-27-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by reppy
chris
im from athens .. go to UAH.. so, figured i'd say what's up.

Yo.

--

Chris_Brightwell
11-27-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by ProfoundHaytred
Thanks Chris for clarifing that, its kinda been in the back of my head for a while and now i know exactly what it is that he's saying.
and
Originally posted by Danz0r
I also had never been able to figure that out, but reading what chris wrote as i'm listening to it, It sounds clear as day. always wierd the way that works.
No problem. Glad I could help.

Thanks.

Vincent
11-27-2002, 01:22 PM
....Am I the only one who doesn't hear this AT ALL?!

What the hell.....

Chris_Brightwell
11-27-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Vincent
....Am I the only one who doesn't hear this AT ALL?!

What the hell.....
Get a good pair of headphones and crank it up. It's there - you just have to be listening for it.

--

Vincent
11-27-2002, 04:31 PM
Oh. Now that I know what i'm listening for....I always heard that..........I get it now. *has no idea how he forgot about that part*

reppy
11-27-2002, 06:07 PM
that was short and sweet.. whats your major?

Chris_Brightwell
11-27-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by reppy
that was short and sweet.. whats your major?
Computer Science. I graduated from Calhoun in May w/ a AAS in CIS/Programming.

This is, however, not appropriate for these forums. If you want to continue this offline, I'd be more than happy to - just let me know and I'll email you. I have your address from when you registered.

Thanks.

reppy
11-28-2002, 05:57 AM
sure. shoot me an email.

dan
11-28-2002, 09:56 AM
what does this look like, the Interact forum?

I think not. :P

hyeboy
11-28-2002, 01:07 PM
Chris:

How did you decifer what was being said? I hear some of it, but other parts don't seem to be coming out. I'm not saying it's wrong, just curious....

reppy
11-29-2002, 03:49 PM
Fuck dude, we took it to email, don't be an ass.

Chris_Brightwell
11-29-2002, 04:40 PM
How did you decifer what was being said? I hear some of it, but other parts don't seem to be coming out. I'm not saying it's wrong, just curious.... I didn't. A friend of mine did. I assume it was with a good paif of headphones and various software audio editors and plugins.

Thanks.

Torpid_Prey
11-29-2002, 04:54 PM
Ok i know what were all talkin about, cause ive heard it too, i just find it funny how all u ppl are just having a casual conversation haha - an intersting read. now that ive read the original post by chris brightwell saying what the lyrics are ill ahve to go back and have a good listen. thanx all

[email protected] msn or email me :)

Vincent
12-03-2002, 05:52 PM

I have a live version of Eulogy, and Maynard says stuff at this part again.....this time it's a completely different verse. Most of it sounds gibberish to me, but I think I can make out "Nobody gives a fuck" in there. *shrugs* I wonder what this could be.....

Flood
12-27-2002, 01:35 PM
I heard it clearly. I didn't even use headphones..I just put on Eulogy on my Windows Media Player and could hear it clearly. The volume wasn't even high.

ćonblue
12-27-2002, 03:10 PM
I thought it was:

"You could be the one who saves me from my own existance

Above the crowd
You're so scared
I'm scared
Without him too

I'm too smart when you're invisible by the bone and the symbol on you
So he bashes his skull through the window overlooking the sea
The twilight amber ego
We were amused by this"

It doesn't make as much sense as the other one, but it sounds more like it. It could really be either, or an entirely different one. But what I really want to know is... What is he whispering in Pushit and Hooker with a Penis? I can barely make any of it out. Also, read my interpretation of Eulogy. I'd like to hear some responses.

Mr. Hey
01-15-2003, 04:07 PM
the only thing i can make out in hooker with a penis is Be Fruitful and Multiply

LA_sucksballs
01-19-2003, 09:00 PM
I could never quite figure out what was being said, even when i had the radio blasting. But for some reason, I always thought the last line of that was "I wanted you to know this" not "Your mind is helpless"

The Huntsman
01-24-2003, 11:18 AM
The lyric, at least on several live versions, is this:

"I wish you could be the one to save me from my own...[misery/mystery/history?]"

Even di-syllabically sung, I absolutely cannot hear "exi - stance" as the final word, particularly as Maynard bounces his voice in time with the music.

Perhaps someone can further convince me.

The Huntsman

Halfempty/full
01-24-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by LA_sucksballs
I could never quite figure out what was being said, even when i had the radio blasting. But for some reason, I always thought the last line of that was "I wanted you to know this" not "Your mind is helpless"

I Allmost agree with LA_sucksballs. What I hear is "No one will notice". I have a live-bootleg version of Eulogy and on that version i also hear this.
About the Hooker with a Penis it's "Consume, be fruitfull and multiply" i belive.

flanders
02-10-2003, 06:29 PM
I always thought it was "wish you could be the one to save me from my own existence"

until I had a listen to a full show bootleg from Houston Texas(the same show where MJK talks about the angel/devil thing on your shoulder before playing H.)

After listening closely to Eulogy from Houston I almost completely agree with The Huntsman. It sure sounds like NJK is saying "misery" rather than existence. I can't be certain though cause I can't make it out for sure....7

sircorn
03-08-2003, 10:30 PM
After reading all thses post i hear some of both

I'm too smart when you're invisible by the bone and symbol on you
So mad since you stopped giving all your commands
twilight amber ego
Your mind is helpless....or......i wanted you to know this

To the houston bootleg one your listening to. Its common for people, especially on stage to improvise.

Ghetto Boy
03-21-2003, 11:44 PM
I'm too God damned lazy to see if anyone's already mentioned this, so instead of making a new thread all for not, I'll just mention it in here... I just noticed whisperings in the intro... I started noticing them at about 1:19, all the way to 2:09, but they may even be before that. Either that or I've listened to too much Tool music today and my mind is really fucking with me.

Valkyrie
03-28-2003, 10:40 PM
See...I can't hear that at all. Is it buried deep in the sound? Because I have no idea what it should sound like...I'm just hearing the high pass tone from the recording.

crow011
03-29-2003, 04:07 AM
hey, mods . . .

i think what im about to ask is a pretty valid question . . .

if they are the "hidden lyrics", why arent they put in with the rest of the lyrics in the lyrics section? . . . wouldnt that make all sorts of shit easier? . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .

idontmind462
03-29-2003, 04:27 AM
"Three thousand dollars worth"

TimothyLeary
04-02-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by The Huntsman
The lyric, at least on several live versions, is this:

"I wish you could be the one to save me from my own...[misery/mystery/history?]"

Even di-syllabically sung, I absolutely cannot hear "exi - stance" as the final word, particularly as Maynard bounces his voice in time with the music.

Perhaps someone can further convince me.

The Huntsman

He does say existance; the "stance" part is really low; i can usually only here it in my car with it really loud. it is said though; and he says it live so

hope that clears it

Annoyance
05-05-2003, 03:45 AM
I thought it was:

"You could be the one who saves me from my own existence

I always thought he said, “You could be the one who saves me from my own superstitions” on the album version.

Live I’ve heard it as you’ve posted it.

Annoyance
05-05-2003, 03:58 AM
if they are the "hidden lyrics", why arent they put in with the rest of the lyrics in the lyrics section? . . . wouldnt that make all sorts of shit easier? . . .

I’m fairly certain that the lyrics posted are the lyrics that someone from TOOL sent to this site. At least there’s a disclaimer saying so.

I assume they don’t provide the hidden lyrics for a few reasons. First, they want you to figure it out yourself. Second, there are quite a few different interpretations of the less audible portions of the songs, as this thread illustrates.

crow011
05-05-2003, 04:02 AM
but couldnt there be somewhere in the lyrics section that says "this is what a bunch of people have thought about the inaudible lyrics, so thats why theyre here" or something? . . .

i just think this could be made a bit easier . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .

Adrenalin
05-05-2003, 07:32 AM
wouldnt apilling the lyrics destroy the TOOL magic?i mean listening and listening to the song again and again makes it even better as you discover new stuff in it right?i was lucky to have my stereo fucked up,know it seems i can hear most of tool lyrics better..its either that or the fact that i cleaned my ears after 5 years!!!lol

em-pathy
05-20-2003, 12:41 AM
In the Houston Texas bootleg mentioned in this thread (which is actually the electric factory, philadelphia '96 bootleg) I hear maynard say "you could save me from my own descisions"

Also the last part of the distorted speech that is the subject of this thread, in the houston/philadelphia version I hear "you remind me of elvis" as the very last line of that. I don't want to simply add an "me too" post but after listening to that with the understanding that it's not the standard lyrics being spoken and with no other suggestions as to what it could be, that's what I hear. Perhaps if that is what he is saying though it might shed a tiny bit more light on the rest of the song.

robyeah1
05-21-2003, 04:19 PM
For the the last line of the song I hear either "You remind me of all this" or "You blamed me for all this". Also instead of "ego" I hear "hero" which is what Bill Hicks is refered to as in the booklet.

FragileĆnigma
02-15-2004, 08:12 AM
if you go to www.demonoltry.cjb.net there is a thing called "Secrets Of Tool" click and enjoy!