PDA

View Full Version : Read This Outraged

random_1
04-24-2003, 10:20 PM
http://www.toolband-sucks.com/tool2.htm

go to this site look around.

i think im going to cry,
freedom of speech this isnt harming any one.
how can they try to ban them. Makening us volient?

fuck heads... maby try ban ganster rap that makes people volient. i carnt walk around at night with out being threaten from some try hard ganster dressed in plastic fake wootang clothing. has any one else noticed that its turning people in idiots.. i dont wanna blame rap its every thing, but it seems the main reason this comes about. does any one agree

my self i dont mind some rap eg jurrasic 5 then again thats not ganster rap its people like tu pac maby this is will anger people but i think his a cock head

he talks about him being a thug angel and raps about killing people and claims he is only like that to survive. well thats only making it worse. the whole idea of gangs is going outta control carnt we learn to live toghere and not fucken kill each other for no fucking reason.

this was a lil off topic i couldnt find a general board. but just go to the website and look around.

Wataru
04-24-2003, 11:14 PM
I'm not a real fan of gangster rap either. But I think that gangster rap isn't the problem. Music is expression, no matter what. You can't get around it... Gangster rap is a biproduct of a deeper problem, I think.

I'm neither an expert of Hip Hop culture nor a psychologist, however. So I won't make any hasty concusions.

How many Tool fans out here also listen to rap? I enjoy a few select popular songs, a few Bone Thugs songs, and a bunch of Dose One songs.

random_1
04-24-2003, 11:32 PM
same i like some of it,
but do u agree it has let loose some problems

look around. look down the street, they dress in there products they where same clothes now they stupid shit on there head.

but also if u talk to some of them, many arnt real rap fans
there just radio kids. eg they only listern to it coz every one else is, they dont really know much about rap, they just want to get involved in some thing. be a part, and many just latch onto the lastest craze. maby im wrong, just my thoughts

but i dont like it. i went to macca's last night and was out the back waiten for a lift home,

some rats saw me and started yellen at me sayen

"hey mate u got 50 bucks and a smoke for me"
and they starten swearing and threating me and getten closer.

lucky my lift come befor they crossed the road
Why did they do that, what makes them cock heads?

Wataru
04-25-2003, 12:01 AM
Ok, I'm gonna say what I think the major problem not just with gangster rap, but all of America is... and I, living in America, am not free of this delusion.

I think America's problem is that everyone is raised to believe that they're special, and that they deserve the best life in the world. Not everyone can have that. In a country where no one does anything except eat at McDonalds, everyone expects to work as CEO of Sony or something. Black people, having just come out of a major civil rights movement, are still influenced by their parents' stories and perhaps feel as though they are owed something because of that. If you watch "Death of a Salesman" (popular movie starring Dustin Hoffman, based on a play), you can see how thinking highly of yourself is counterproductive.

Look at Japan; longest life expectency in the world; least crime of any country in the world; and one of the most well educated countries in the world. Why? Their cultural belief system focuses on the working harmoniously with others, rather than the individual success.

There was an experiment once, where 3 American 5-year olds were given paper and drawing utensils and told to draw a picture of whatever they wanted. Before they had finished getting their directions, each student had already taken their own peice of paper and had begun to draw something. The same experiment was done in Japan. The students waited after the instuctions were given, expecting more, and when they didn't get any, they all began to work cooperatively on a picture.

America celebrates and encourages individuality, which is good, but we celebrate it so much we forget we're not the only ones here. Humanity needs balance.

random_1
04-25-2003, 04:01 AM
i live in aus, besides the rats i enjoy aus, it very friendly.
i wouldnt know about america all though im hoping to go there one day. one thing i hate about america is hollywood.
i seen a tv show a few times during the day called
Entertainment tonight. maby the worest tv show iv ever seen.

i dont know whats worse the acts and there fake lifes and diets or the media, for making them worse and spying on there life. i hate it all.

all though i feel sorry for some actors, how hard it must be to take all that shit from the media, they some times attack the media, then the media show it on a show lie>

"When actors go bad" i mean if i was tryen to have a family night out for my birthday and media gave me shit i punch them in the face. then they try make it like there such a crazy person

if u ask me its all fucked. reminds me of aenima :D and billhicks haha

paraflux
04-25-2003, 07:28 AM
Tupac was a poet. A street poet. If you dont want to make the effort to understand his culture, dont knock him. Name one Tupac song. Hell, name one Tupac album. If you dont listen, dont talk about it.

Wataru
04-25-2003, 02:49 PM
First off, I have a Tupac album, so don't assume I'm the all-hating, finger pointing ignoramus that you seem to be implying I am. Hell, I have a friend who basically lives with Smilez and Southstar, and another (black) friend who makes rap and is always anxious to hear what I think of his new song.

I admit that there is alot of good rap out there, and that there is a culture that it comes from. But when people rap about getting high then fucking hoes and shooting them in the back of the head as they're fucking them, or any combination of the above, (even if it is as a Cultural Statement), there's SOMETHING WRONG.

I HAVE made an honest effort to understand, and I've come with up with my conclusions. And guess what, I'm open to other people's conclusions. Give me reasons why I'm wrong. If you don't wanna back up your statement, don't knock me.

random_1
04-26-2003, 12:40 AM
umm i might of been a lil silly about what i said about him.
his is a good raper i havnt heard much i have a fews songs
i have a cd burnt one
brendas got a baby
california love
u know most the popular main streem stuff i hear around

but ill stay with what i think.
i love rap
jurrasic 5 are the greatest they music makes me so happy.
listern to there stuff they keep it true

tu pac was good but, he spawned off way to much shit
like rappers wanted to be him.
he was such an idle to them,
but rappers arnt as good as him so they talk shit about killing every one coz that all they can rap about then they join gangs and gotta live get a name for them self by being a bad mofo
they inspire people to act like them
eg the white ganster wu tangers i see down the street they dress slike them try rap and talk about killing people for eyeing them off. they walk around talking about thug love and tu pak and crave is on tables. they have no idea what there going on about do they even know what thug love is!
repsect one anougher respect your family.
they act like shits to there perants they just start fights.

i agree what i said about tu pac was a lil judgemental,
but he started alot of shit, i think he would be pissed off if he come back and saw what has happend

its all the image. created by "ganster" rappers

i agree i dont really know shit about tu pac but i know all the wanna be in town kids love him and look up to him, so some where they have got this image of fighting and being a pest to socity.

dont flame the crap outta me im just giving my opinon

paraflux
04-28-2003, 07:14 AM
Wataru, you didnt even mention Tupac. What made you think I was talking to you? I didnt flame the crap out of anyone. It just seems like common sense to know what we are talking about before we speak like we do.

Can Tupac help what happens in his wake? Even when he was alive, could he have done anything about it? Is he even responsible for it? Is Notorious BIG responsible for all the money earned off his name after he died, and the resurgence of Bad Boy Entertainment and the kingdom of Puff Daddy? Nothing makes me sicker than watching people hover over a dead man's fame and gleaning all they can from his demise. Saying that there is something wrong with being an inspiration is ridiculous. People dont get inspired to go out and kill someone. Thats not inspiration. Thats a frenzied ignorance. No, those posers do not know what thug love is, or thug life for that matter. Thats no aspiration, to be a thug. It happens sometimes, but its more like its just where you end up, not a desire. If someone desires to be a thug, they aint really a thug. Kinda like if one aspires to be a prophet, he aint really a prophet. Prophets just end up being leaders because of their magnetic personality. They dont go searching for it. If we desire to be anything other than what we are, and we act on it, we are just posers. I am not responsible for someone trying to be like me who shouldnt, and neither is Tupac. Or Eminem. Or B-Real. Or any member of the Wu-Tang Clan.

Wataru
04-28-2003, 01:58 PM
My apologies to paraflux. I wrote that at 4:00 am, I guess I should know better than to try and think at 4am... But I saw an untargeted negative post, so I jumped to the conclusion it was pointed at me, sorry.

random_1
04-28-2003, 11:20 PM
every time u posted after i said some thing u made me feel stupid, and changed my mind hahaha well done.

my scottish friend who loves tupac told me the other day, most peole are thugs
he said tu pac thought or it as someone who loves life and wants to enjoy it. maby so, i still see the word as thug connecting to voilence. but he might be right

u pretty much sumed it up when u said

"Saying that there is something wrong with being an inspiration is ridiculous. People dont get inspired to go out and kill someone. Thats not inspiration. Thats a frenzied ignorance. No, those posers do not know what thug love is, or thug life for that matter."

i used the term inspired loosly, poser's as they are
there thug poser's tu pac is the most well know person for being a "thug" famous rapper.
they think by being bad and stuff there being like him
it would seem they dont know enuf about him, they only hear about, how he "might" of orginzed killen biggie and in his raps about people diing. and shoot out in his rap's, they musnt listern deep enuf and think that all that is cool. when he is just talking about life. maby this is were a negitive image is picked up

paraflux
04-29-2003, 08:40 AM
I dont want to make anyone feel stupid. I just want people to think, man. I have not posted much about the war on this opinion section, because, guess what? I am not educated enough about the happenings over there to express my opinions intelligently. I AM of the opinion that we didnt really need to go invade Iraq, but most of it probably comes from the bias that I cant stand our cocaine-sniffing money-losing president. Anyway, I actually want to apologize if I did make you feel stupid, because you probably aren't.

random_1
04-30-2003, 05:22 AM
haha im a lil dumb but thats more in the math's science way
dont apolizegize, yeah im 16 so im not how do i say this.
advanced with the world, in other knows know much haha
all comes with experiance

Arkaengel
05-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by random_1
his is a good raper...
The word you want is either rapper (most likely) or rapist (less likely).

I hate to get my language nazi hat on, but your spelling skills - or lack thereof - are making my eyes bleed. Have you considered investing in either a spell checker or an education?

Alexandra
05-11-2003, 01:31 PM
Wow, I think it is sad that some people (who seem actually pretty intelligent, except for the fact that they hate TOOL :) had to create a web site to deter youths from listening to something they want to listent to. Obviously, children do not listen to TOOL (mostly likely), teenagers and adults do. And these people usually know what they're listening to, and know that Maynard's lyrics are a statement and should be taken with the biggest grain of salt known to man. But they have to look deeper, to see the meaning. Evidently, the owners of this web site do not tolerate these messages hidden between the lines.

I also think it's pathetic to create a web site out of pure hatred for something else. How negative! Wow, if people don't want to listen to it, they won't! It's not like these children are forcing themselves, or are being forced, to listen to it. Obviously they understand it, or at least I hope they do.

random_1
05-11-2003, 11:43 PM
im glad some one replyed to the link, and not just corrected my spelling, that was a little un needed

im a bad speller, and i allso type fast, so that makes it worse.
but just replying to correct some ones english was a little lame and made me feel small

i just think its sad they devoted a site agaisnt a band.
maby they need to get some thing better to do

Arkaengel
05-12-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by random_1
iim a bad speller, and i allso type fast, so that makes it worse.
So type slower, and work on your spelling. The internet is mostly a text only medium, in which what you type represents you towards the world. And your sentences make you look like an ungroomed lout standing on the corner with his dick hanging out. Now personally, you may be a very nice and intelligent guy - but your posts don't really support that idea.
but just replying to correct some ones english was a little lame and made me feel small
If you care enough to say something, then say it in proper language. Expecting the people you're trying to communicate with to wade through a sea of poor spelling and lousy grammar just to reach the point you may or may not be making, that's lame. And somewhat rude, in my opinion.

Basically, I hold poor writing to be the online equivalent of bad breath and body odor caused by poor hygiene. It's correctable, it's avoidable, and not doing anything about it is, to me, a sign of laziness and rudeness.

Astrogalis
05-12-2003, 12:06 PM
did you guys see the "question everything you red on the toolband website" part of that site that was kind of ironic.

and i think those people who created that site are going about their .... umm pursuit the wroung way. trying to shelter your children from somethnig that you feel is bad wont work that is why we have kids taking guns to school and killing class mates. you need to teach your kids that killing is wroung and build moral values and let them think for themselfs.

just sayong you are forbidden to listen to this music will just make them want to listen to it more. but if you teach them about thingsso that they understand weather it be violent video games or tv or in this case someones outlook on things the can make up their own minds about right and wrong.

so baisicly what im trying to say is what tool says think for yourself