Pages : [1] 2 3 4

swaps
07-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Tool
Molson Amphitheatre, Toronto, CAN
Saturday, September 23, 2006

Derock
07-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Nice! Earlier than I thought, and on a Saturday! I'm dissapointed that it's not in the ACC, but the Molson Ampitheatre can be awesome as long as your close to the front.

Nith Sahor
07-08-2006, 07:26 PM
It's way better this way. At the ACC there are gonna be those annoying fuckers shining flashlights in your face and the distance distraction (if you're sitting in the far 100s sections)... when I was at Molson for NIN everybody around us was smoking something (it's open air, what's the point of going at them?)

thepatient_10k
07-08-2006, 07:42 PM
any idea of when it goes on sale

steve99_9
07-08-2006, 08:03 PM
can't wait

jdp
07-09-2006, 12:03 AM
I need to get presale on this one.. Anyone post info once they know details about tix and possible presales

transcend187
07-09-2006, 05:59 AM
AHHHHHHHH!

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go for presale again. Molson is WAY better than ACC. ACC is built for hockey. It sounds like hockey when a band plays there - all of the sounds bouncing off everything. Molson Amphitheatre is a very, very good large venue. When you want to pack a lot of people in for a concert, IMO Molson Amphitheatre is the way to do it. I saw Dave Matthews Band there a few weeks ago, and it was amazing. You gotta be close to get the realllly good experience, but there isn't really a bad seat in the whole place except way back on the lawn.

J A G
07-09-2006, 01:04 PM
TMA is a FAR better venue than the ACC, and it's on a Saturday!!!!

Let's hope for a new/longer setlist! I'm hoping they play 10k.

thepatient_10k
07-09-2006, 02:24 PM
the question is will there be a presale

Underalus
07-09-2006, 02:41 PM
DAMMIT! It's on Rosh Hashannah! They better add a London Ontario date before the TO tickets go onsale so I can make a choice. And it better not be on Yom Kippur.

Nith Sahor
07-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Yeah, they should add another Ontario date, simply because Ontario is such a huge province (and if they don't there are going to be too many people going at the same pool of tickets -> another clusterfuck)

J A G
07-09-2006, 03:20 PM
I'd be very suprised if there is a presale.

Underalus
07-09-2006, 03:55 PM
There are more dates to come, there's no way they're going to shaft ottawa, london and hamilton by clusterfucking toronto. They definitely have a high concentration of fans in Ontario, probably the highest with Vancouver in second.

I've decided that I can miss a little bit of Rosh Hashanah for some Tool.

transcend187
07-09-2006, 08:48 PM
I bet there's at least one person who looked at this thread and said, "What the fuck is Rosh Hashana?"

Spoon
07-10-2006, 07:30 AM
Never been to the Amph - people care to elaborate on what the seating is like, best seats, is it all standing, is it all GA? etc...

J A G
07-10-2006, 07:40 AM
There's not really a bad seat in the house. 200's to 300's from my experience give the most balanced sound. The view is great from there. I've also sat in the 400's and was very pleased with the sound and the view.

There are 2 GA sections. One up front with a capacity of 1000 (I think). Personally I think the pit sucks, but that's only because I can't stand having my personal space invaded. The 2nd GA section is the lawn behind the 400 section. Tickets for this area are typically cheaper (usually half price). No seats but not so far away that you can't see.

100 Level is used alternately as a General Admission "pit" standing room area for some events.
Levels 100-300 are partially covered, Level 400 and Lawns are not covered.

Level 200 is 58'-120' from front of stage
Level 300 is 145'-178' from front of stage
Level 400 is 195'-230' from front of stage

Underalus
07-10-2006, 07:57 AM
I'm going to have to make up for doing this by repenting WICKED HARD on Yom Kippur. Oh Judaism, the things you do to me.

mystictigress
07-10-2006, 07:57 AM
Excitement :D

J A G
07-10-2006, 08:37 AM
I find it odd that the Vancouver show isn't sold out yet. Especially since one of the above posters speculated that Vancouver may have the 2nd highest concentration of Tool fans in Canada.

I imagine the Toronto show will sell-out in minutes, if not seconds!

Spoon
07-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Jag - thanks for that post.

blood_wh0re
07-10-2006, 06:31 PM
I've seen concerts at the Amphitheatre and the sound was pure shit. I can't imagine how a bass-heavy band is going to pull off a good show in that windy whoompy wall-less area....but what the fuck am I thinking? it's TOOL!!! and they're coming back to Toronto!!! and I'm so excited that I need to change my panties!!!

sianspheric
07-11-2006, 07:31 AM
Ampitheatre is a great venue, but yeah.....not very loud.
I'm still way happier this is there than at the ACC.

I think I might just try to get lawns for this.....be cheaper and now as ridiculously hard to get as floors.

Seven Deep
07-11-2006, 06:14 PM
I might have to make the trip up for this one.

I highly doubt you'll see a second Ontario show on this leg.

It wouldn't make any sense to have another show that close to Toronto, unless they play Ottawa.

Underalus
07-11-2006, 06:21 PM
goddamn, come to london you bastards, and not on Yom Kippur.

thepatient_10k
07-11-2006, 07:26 PM
if i could get tickets to the hummingbird centre through ticketmaster the conventional way then hopefully i can get them for this one. Or if theres a presale for toolarmy thatd be nice.

In-0blivian
07-11-2006, 08:45 PM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! I just saw them at the hummingbird and then NIN at the molson, and now tool is coming back, hurray!!!! FUCK YEA~~~~~~

sianspheric
07-12-2006, 04:51 AM
I find it odd that the Vancouver show isn't sold out yet. Especially since one of the above posters speculated that Vancouver may have the 2nd highest concentration of Tool fans in Canada.

I imagine the Toronto show will sell-out in minutes, if not seconds!

I dont know about that dude....I'm sure the GA, 200's and 300's will sell pretty fast, but if they have the lawn open and the 400'as might take a while to fully sell out.

I cant see 17,000 tickets going incredibly fast, I can see it selling out, but it might take a few hours for all the shittier seats to go.

GoLoBuLouS
07-12-2006, 10:37 AM
This sounds like an awesome venu. I'll definately make the trip back out to Toronto for this one... but why have they forsaken Montreal!?

ChrisBurnham
07-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Any guesses as to how much the tickets will be? (If it's $66.66 again, I don't think I can swing that.)

I'm betting this will be sold out in less than five minutes too. The eBay scalpers will undoubtedly be brutal. [/nervous]

slicknickshady
07-12-2006, 04:55 PM
It will not sell out in five minutes. people this is not a theatre tour. When is saw Tool in October of 2002 in East Lansing at the Breslin Center which only holds about 8 K for concerts were available to purchase online two weeks before the show. Now off course to get the best seats you have to purchase right way. I'll be online right when the Detroit Date goes onsale. I just wanted to make it known dont worry about them selling out. you will be able to get great seats if you buy them when they go onsale.

Spoon
07-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Seems like other arena shows have seats on the floor - anyone think the 100 section at the Amph will be reserved seats rather than a pit? I bet tickets will be $35-$60

J A G
07-13-2006, 04:36 AM
Tickets will be priced at $69.50 for good seats/GA, and shitty seats or lawn tickets will be priced at $35.50.

thepatient_10k
07-13-2006, 11:34 AM
has a presale been confirmed or anything?

slicknickshady
07-13-2006, 06:43 PM
nope. none yet. :(

they really wont make a difference though. ill buy it through TA if they do have one but you can just get just as good seats through ticketmaster. I'll let you know if they do. They have to let us know today or tommorow because the first shows go onsale the 15th.

Spoon
07-14-2006, 12:38 PM
I was just looking at the 2001 tool tour schedule, and they played Montreal the day after they played Toronto. This seems likely to happen again, as I really don't see them playing just one date in that geographical area, and they'd have no problem selling out montreal.

Plus, the 24th is open on the schedule...

slicknickshady
07-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Anyway i hope theres another michigan date sceduled after the Chicago show but Before the auburn hills show so i can hit two of them.

kwijibo
07-15-2006, 10:20 AM
why is ticketmaster so slow?? all the new dates aren't even on there yet! i really wanna know when they go on sale!!

Spoon
07-15-2006, 11:59 AM
I'm thinking the tickets will pop up soon and then be on sale this Saturday...

sianspheric
07-15-2006, 03:02 PM
so far nothing today.

so im guessing we might see a thursday onsale at 10, or saturday.

but check ticketmaster.ca and toolband to confirm.

Spoon
07-15-2006, 07:57 PM
I have the tool ticketmaster page bookmarked....is that sad?

fetisha
07-16-2006, 06:13 AM
Hey guys, I have a quick question. I just joined the Tool Army a few days ago. If there is a special presale for the Toronto show specifically for Tool Army members, will I be able to purchase tickets? Obviously it's going to take a while for my membership information to come in the mail but when I log into the Tool Army online it has a number beside my username. I'm guessing that's my membership number?

I really hope I can purchase presale tickets even though I haven't received my membership information in the mail. I had to buy scalped tickets to the Hummingbird Centre show.

Thanks!

Tyrnox
07-16-2006, 07:28 AM
I'm really hoping they set a Montreal date, Toronto is going to be a long drive, but then again, if I manage to get some decent seats i'd probably go see them twice.

Nith Sahor
07-16-2006, 09:45 AM
And why is the Toronto thread always so huge? This is amusing.

Because it's the only date in the eastern half of Canada... Because everybody from Ottawa, London, Hamilton, Montreal and elsewhere in Ontario and Quebec (and even the Maritimes) is going to want to come to this show. A Montreal date really wouldn't be a bad idea...

As for the TA presale, I really, really don't think there will be one. They have not had one for Bakersfield, Minneapolis, Chicago, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Fresno, Seattle or Honolulu - if those cities didn't get presales, we probably aren't getting one either.

thepatient_10k
07-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Because it's the only date in the eastern half of Canada... Because everybody from Ottawa, London, Hamilton, Montreal and elsewhere in Ontario and Quebec (and even the Maritimes) is going to want to come to this show. A Montreal date really wouldn't be a bad idea...

As for the TA presale, I really, really don't think there will be one. They have not had one for Bakersfield, Minneapolis, Chicago, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Fresno, Seattle or Honolulu - if those cities didn't get presales, we probably aren't getting one either.

as much as i dont want to admit it, i think your right.

Maken
07-16-2006, 01:48 PM
Fucking useless TA...

blood_wh0re
07-16-2006, 01:53 PM
the anticipation is getting to me.
damn you ticketmaster!
I can only grovel in front of this blinking monitor and wish with all of my little heart that someone could update that hideous website and I could carry on creating plans and instructions in the future tense, plotting and panting to get the best seats I humanly can dispite all of the competition and corruption.

and about those pre-sales.....doesn't it just piss you off, members of the tool army both old and new, that you paid hard earned money to join a hard up fan club for a hard bodied band of pirates, with the intention of gaining some sort of advantage to be granted early entrance into a many-pronged line to pay more hard earned money for overtly over taxed tickets to gain enterance for the festivities at one of the points of pillage where these men will surely make the earth shake and the women moan and the men whimper and wipe salty tears from their eyes and rejoice in their consumer identities...and then realizing that you were duped and joined the hard up fan club because of a misconception that you held about how your favourite band has a personal vested interest into the individual entertainment opp. available to each and every one of their more dire and fanatic listeners with memberships paid in full? well, does it?

let me know

fetisha
07-17-2006, 05:46 AM

Dang. It wouldn't make sense for them to do a presale in some cities and not others.

Is it better to try to get tickets online or to go down to a Ticketmaster outlet and obtain tickets there? I'm guessing online is better. I'm sure as hell not going to phone.

sianspheric
07-17-2006, 06:06 AM
TOOLARMY is useless.

Derock
07-17-2006, 07:06 AM
Tickets on sale this Saturday (July 22) according to The Edge. They're already giving tickets away.

GoLoBuLouS
07-17-2006, 08:34 AM
TOOLARMY is useless.

Did YOU get a Beanie!? Has anyonever recognized what the beanie logo was? I want a Beanie.

J A G
07-17-2006, 12:31 PM
It's official. Tickets go on sale this Saturday at 10:00 a.m. Should be up on Ticketmaster's website shortly.

http://www.hob.com/venues/concerts/molsonamp/

Spoon
07-17-2006, 01:05 PM
ON SALE SATURDAY, JULY 22 @ 7:00 AM PT:
Tool
**General Admission Floors and Lawns, Reserved Seat Pavillion**
Saturday, September 23
7:30 PM

General Admission Floors....hmm....I wonder if I should shoot for the pit in the front, or maybe aim for the 200 section...

Anyone with Amph experience - what's the pit like? 1000 ish people? Is it close to the stage? Deets people, deets! What tix are y'all gonna go for?

sianspheric
07-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Tool
Saturday, September 23

General Admission Floors....hmm....I wonder if I should shoot for the pit in the front, or maybe aim for the 200 section...

Anyone with Amph experience - what's the pit like? 1000 ish people? Is it close to the stage? Deets people, deets! What tix are y'all gonna go for?

General Admission is probably 1000-1500 people.

the venue overall is amazing, only downside...is not very loud like an arena due to sound restrictions but in general.....WAAAY better of an option compared to the ACC if you ask me.

I think I'm going to go for Lawns, simply because I think getting floors will be fucking impossible. And I'd rather pay $35 for lawns, than like....$70 for 300 level seats.

sianspheric
07-17-2006, 01:16 PM
It's funny......I know a whole bunch of Tool fans who are all gonna be in Tweed, Ontario on that Saturday morning at the World Electronic Music Festival.....poor bastards.

I'll be in the city until noon, and then I'm driving to the festival, so I should be fine.....muahahahaha

Spoon
07-17-2006, 01:45 PM
I think it's cool the Toronto concert threads always dominate :)

mystictigress
07-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Tool
Saturday, September 23

I wonder why it's in Pacific time.
Gods, I don't know how the hell I'm gonna get a ticket blasted worst timing ever *sigh*

Capt. Sith Park
07-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Ahhhh .... All of the Usual Suspects are here once again!

I've had no problems w/ the AmpitheatRE as a venue (other than obviously if it's raining)
Late September Weather - Lawns are not covered

- NIN, Dave Matthews were awesome from center 100's (Visually & Sound-wise)
- Gigantour from the 200's was good (Sound Guy always located at the back of this section)
- Lawns view is far back if your one 4 actually seeing more than the light show (and the weather thing to consider (not covered)
- GA Floors I'd Imagine will be cool if u don't mind the BULLS**T of a pit
- TIX $ this show = $42.50 - $69.50
- There are red-shirted security in the aisles but pretty much smoke what u want

Spoon - Our last Pre-Concert thread kicked some N.Y Ass

New setlist additions please: H-Brd set + The Grudge, Intolerance, Parabola, The Pot, Opiate, Hooker w/ a Penis, Ticks & Leeches (I'd b very happy w/ that)

dornan
07-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Looks like a pretty cool venue. I'm still dissapointed there's no montreal or ottawa dates posted yet. Anyone from the Ottawa region want to carpool down to Toronto that weekend?

thepatient_10k
07-17-2006, 11:05 PM
holy fuck, here comes the anticipation for tool all over again, and barely two months apart, i might have a heart attack man!!

Eighteenth Eye
07-18-2006, 04:41 AM
This is very depressing. Saturday will come and go and I will not be able to purchase my tickets.

Because a co-worker scheduled their wedding on Saturday September 23rd over a year ago I will be unable to attend :(. My gf does not understand how badly I need to be at this show. I was at the Hummingbird Centre, and this would be my 5th Tool show. She seems to think that because I have seen them before that it isn't that big of a deal that I will miss this show.

I will just be waiting quietly and patiently (actually I wont be quiet or patient at all) for another Southern Ontario show to be announced. On the last tour they played Toronto, Hamilton and Buffalo! Let us all pray to Jeebus for a Darien Lake/HSBC show or a Copps show!

I will still be reading this thread and I will read the reviews about how great the show was. One More Show!

fetisha
07-18-2006, 06:07 AM
This is very depressing. Saturday will come and go and I will not be able to purchase my tickets.

Because a co-worker scheduled their wedding on Saturday September 23rd over a year ago I will be unable to attend :(. My gf does not understand how badly I need to be at this show. I was at the Hummingbird Centre, and this would be my 5th Tool show. She seems to think that because I have seen them before that it isn't that big of a deal that I will miss this show.

I will just be waiting quietly and patiently (actually I wont be quiet or patient at all) for another Southern Ontario show to be announced. On the last tour they played Toronto, Hamilton and Buffalo! Let us all pray to Jeebus for a Darien Lake/HSBC show or a Copps show!

I will still be reading this thread and I will read the reviews about how great the show was. One More Show!

That really sucks. Obviously the ceremony is going to be in the afternoon and the reception in the evening. Couldn't you go to the ceremoy and just make an appearance at the reception? The show doesn't start until 7:30 PM. You could miss the opening band and still make it for Tool, while spending some time/eating dinner at the reception. Do your co-worker and girlfriend really expect you to stay for the entire reception? I went to a friend's wedding in January and I didn't stay for the whole reception, and I didn't have anywhere to be afterwards.

Just a thought =)

Capt. Sith Park
07-18-2006, 07:31 AM
If that option/arrangement can't work at all, be at least glad that u caught a rather special show at the H-Brd (better than a kick in the head) :\

mystictigress
07-18-2006, 07:43 AM

The friend I was supposed to go with has this same problem. That day is his dad's wedding and he's an usher so I think that means he's expected to be there the entire time. And well, it's his dad.

I'm getting really frustrated with the slowness of ticketmaster in confirming this. Even though it's on HOB I need ticketmaster confirmation. And I'm unsure why other dates haven't been released yet. I hope they're released before our sale date so people from out of town won't think that this is the only opportunity when there is something else for them closer to where they are.

Bino
07-18-2006, 08:23 AM
So we all meet again, eh? Glad to see some familiar faces...er...names.

Sweet.

Pre-show festivities, anyone?

If anyone is thinking of joining TA for a pre-sale, don't bother. Lots of posts there ranting about the lack of a pre-sale. WTF you gonna do?

Never seen a show at the Molson Amp - not sure what to expect but appreciate the reviews of the venue above.

I leave for Europe (16 days in Italy (Rome/Sicily/Florence) and Holland (Amsterdam, bitches!) the day after the show, so this will be the fucking best September of my life. Wake me up, when September comes!

PS - Going to see Eagles of Death Metal tonight. Mmmmmmmm....Death by Sexy. Porn-stache-a-licious!

PPS - I hope nobody bobs their mellons too vigorously at the upcoming TOOL show! (yeah, that assclown from the T.O. concert review thread still gives me a rash)

Later TOOL peeps.

sianspheric
07-18-2006, 09:40 AM
I will get tickets to this, oh yes....I will get tickets to this.

Fit4Demolition
07-18-2006, 10:18 AM
im from around Philly, but at the time my friend is going to be at Penn State so he cant make the Camden show, so we are gonna try to make the trip up to Toronto on friday and make a weekend out of it. should be a good week if all goes to plan, Tool concert then my birthday then another Tool concert.

Bino
07-18-2006, 11:46 AM
my friend is going to be at Penn State

What, he couldn't get in to Michigan? Just kidding.

GO BLUE!

imbackagain2
07-18-2006, 01:48 PM
hey sith you gonna make another seating chart?

Alveolate
07-18-2006, 02:48 PM
my friend and i are gonna road trip it up for this one. should be fucking awesome.

Spoon
07-18-2006, 06:14 PM
They probably get a bigger cut.

undertoes
07-18-2006, 06:31 PM
why is tool playin so many amphiteatres.

Spoon
07-18-2006, 06:41 PM
They probably get a bigger cut.

Derock
07-18-2006, 06:47 PM
The sound at amphitheatre is fine if your close to the front. I was in the pit in front of the stage for foo fighters and the sound was loud and awesome. I've also sat in the 400 section and the sound is not good, it starts to drift into the atmosphere. If your close to the back or in the lawn section you will have a delay between sight and sound - you'll see the snare drum hit and then hear it a split second later. I think that they try to compensate for the loss of sound to the atmosphere by cranking up the volume for the back sections. What you get is sound that is more ear-piercing than full and overwhelming.

In short, you probably need to be within the 100, 200 or 300 sections (under the covered area) for the best sound experience. But, that's just my opinion.

Spoon
07-18-2006, 06:52 PM
I know I'll be going for the pit.

Maken
07-18-2006, 07:17 PM
I know I'll be going for the pit.

Agreed, pit for the win.

mystictigress
07-18-2006, 08:20 PM
So undecided. Still haven't figured out a concrete way how I'm going to be getting tickets for this. *sigh* Anyone know if you can do ticketmaster over the phone and how risky that would be?

blood_wh0re
07-18-2006, 09:49 PM
seating chart = so cute of a grown man to do that

sianspheric
07-18-2006, 10:10 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/10003CF2F929C02F?artistid=720703&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

ladies and gentlemen....

GOOD LUCK

thepatient_10k
07-18-2006, 10:32 PM
all my buddies who ordered tickets for the hummingbird centre through ticketmaster phone got better seats then i did by buying mine on the net. Im pretty sure the phone is also a good way to do it but ive never done it personally. And its finally up on ticketmaster, which totally rules.

p.s. another seating chart would be awesome, the whole front row on the floor will be filled with us tool navyers.

blood_wh0re
07-18-2006, 10:39 PM
so....if you buy tickets through the net via the "house of blues" site you can buy tickets Sat. at 7 am
and if you try to buy them through ticketmaster in store, online or via the phone you can buy them Sat. at 10 am

is this right????

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I have been possessed by an all consuming need
MUST GET FLOOR TICKETS

Capt. Sith Park
07-18-2006, 11:12 PM
imbackagain2 - I've got some ideas, did u get the last one?

sianspheric - Q 4 U ... Even if you have to sleep w/ an oily samoan? LOL!
For our sake I hope u do (get tix that is)

bino - I find it hard 2 believe u'v never been chinese at the Molson AMP

blood_wh0re - U haven't been taking your medication lately have U?, or maybe u'v been drinking?

Internet Onsale Info - Onsale to General Public: Sat, 07/22/06 10:00 AM EDT

........ cute - WTF - I was aiming for somethin' a lil' more than ...... c u t e

........ Hold on now, did she say ...... cute

........ I'll need a definition 4 cute - WTF?

........ C U T E .......... \m/

J A G
07-19-2006, 04:38 AM
I've been in contact with the Molson Amphitheatre and checked into getting a private box for the show. I've decided not to take advantage of the box because, well... most of my friends are students/unemployed and I'll likely end up covering the cost for a few of them, and since most of them are career students, I'm finding myself less generous with each year that passes.

Anyhow, if anyone wants to go this route, you can contact Amanda Quinn at [email protected]

Here is the message I received from her:

"I have boxes available for Tool, they are $1,300 for 8 seats, dinner for all eight guests in the VIP lounge and two drinks per person. If you prefer the box without hospitality, the cost is $1,000.

Please let me know if you are interested since this show is going to sell out almost immediately.

Thank you,

Amanda"

So if anyone gets the box, I will gladly buy 2 tickets from them, and I will pay cash immediately. PM me if this happens and I'll drive to where you are and pay you cash same day.

sianspheric
07-19-2006, 05:23 AM
I would go for the private box....without hospitalities...

like fuck....lets do that! $130 per person?....so worth it

J A G
07-19-2006, 05:41 AM
I would go for the private box....without hospitalities...

like fuck....lets do that! $130 per person?....so worth it

I agree... it's totally worth it.

GoLoBuLouS
07-19-2006, 06:34 AM
Anyhow, if anyone wants to go this route, you can contact Amanda Quinn at [email protected]

"I have boxes available for Tool, they are $1,300 for 8 seats, dinner for all eight guests in the VIP lounge and two drinks per person. If you prefer the box without hospitality, the cost is $1,000.

Please let me know if you are interested since this show is going to sell out almost immediately.

Thank you,

Amanda"

So if anyone gets the box, I will gladly buy 2 tickets from them, and I will pay cash immediately. PM me if this happens and I'll drive to where you are and pay you cash same day.

Currently we are 5 people that are making this weekend road trip for the show.
We are currently considering this option.

There may be some spots left once it's all confirmed; even for you potentialy dangerous strangers. But definately the all-in deal. I will gladly keep you all posted.

mystictigress
07-19-2006, 06:50 AM
so....if you buy tickets through the net via the "house of blues" site you can buy tickets Sat. at 7 am
and if you try to buy them through ticketmaster in store, online or via the phone you can buy them Sat. at 10 am

is this right????

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I have been possessed by an all consuming need
MUST GET FLOOR TICKETS

HOB Has it in Pacific Time :) (Thus 10 am our time)

For buying tix over the phone, does anyone know if you'd contact molson or go through ticketmaster?

I'm leaving to go up north on Thursday so currently panicing. 2 have offered to try to grab me floor (I'm not too keen on floor, but then I'll be ANYWHERE if it involves seeing Tool), but I don't know if I should try to go with that or try to grab a pair of seats myself some magical unknown way. Any advice?

J A G
07-19-2006, 06:56 AM
I've been in contact with the Molson Amphitheatre and checked into getting a private box for the show. I've decided not to take advantage of the box because, well... most of my friends are students/unemployed and I'll likely end up covering the cost for a few of them, and since most of them are career students, I'm finding myself less generous with each year that passes.

Thank you,

Amanda"

UPDATE from Amanda:

"Hi Jeff,

The price quoted does not include the GST. As for contacting me, please email me to confirm along with your credit card number and mailing address to send tickets to.

Thank you,
Amanda

416-646-8878 Direct"

fetisha
07-19-2006, 08:33 AM
UPDATE from Amanda:

"Hi Jeff,

The price quoted does not include the GST. As for contacting me, please email me to confirm along with your credit card number and mailing address to send tickets to.

Thank you,
Amanda

416-646-8878 Direct"

I COULD KISS YOU!!!

I just called Amanda and spoke with her (VERY nice lady). She said the boxes in the back of the 200 section are corporate boxes and are owned (poo), but that there were boxes in the front of the 300 section available (on the right and left side). The boxes in the 300 section of the center are corporate as well. Meh well.

I just bought a box in the FRONT FUCKING ROW of Section 302!!!!! Amanda said it SEEMS far away but it's not AT ALL. And again, my box is in the very FRONT ROW!!! It was the last box available in the front row. NICE!!! =)

And even though I bought the box without hospitality, the people in my box have access to the VIP LOUNGE. HEY, MAYBE I'LL RUN INTO TOOL??? Haha =)

SEE YOU GUYS THERE!! =)

J A G
07-19-2006, 09:11 AM
I'll be sure to swing by your box to collect my kiss.

fetisha
07-19-2006, 09:43 AM
I'll be sure to swing by your box to collect my kiss.

Haha =) Let me know if you need tickets!

I'm still going to try to buy tickets on Saturday though. I'm too paranoid since I don't have the box tickets physically in my hands, it's a back-up plan. I can always sell them afterwards.

GoLoBuLouS
07-19-2006, 11:09 AM
I COULD KISS YOU!!!

I just called Amanda and spoke with her (VERY nice lady). She said the boxes in the back of the 200 section are corporate boxes and are owned (poo), but that there were boxes in the front of the 300 section available (on the right and left side). The boxes in the 300 section of the center are corporate as well. Meh well.

I just bought a box in the FRONT FUCKING ROW of Section 302!!!!! Amanda said it SEEMS far away but it's not AT ALL. And again, my box is in the very FRONT ROW!!! It was the last box available in the front row. NICE!!! =)

And even though I bought the box without hospitality, the people in my box have access to the VIP LOUNGE. HEY, MAYBE I'LL RUN INTO TOOL??? Haha =)

SEE YOU GUYS THERE!! =)

So cool!

The people I'm going with were slow to answer for the box seats; and I feel that box seats arent worth it unless it's front row.

Since you got the last one, we'll just hope to score some awesome seats. =D

okerguy101
07-19-2006, 12:22 PM
I hope this isn't going to sell out in seconds like the hummingbird center.

jdm23
07-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Anybody know if it will be better to buy tix through HOB.com or ticketmaster.ca? Is there really any difference at all? Thanx.

J A G
07-19-2006, 01:01 PM
No difference. In fact, I'm quite certain that the HOB site will just link you to ticketmaster.

blood_wh0re
07-19-2006, 01:11 PM
I thought it was cute that your seating chart was lamenated since you have a tendency to get so drunk and not remember things. Teehee.

Satival Tributary
07-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Hah...finally. This'll be my first time seeing them. I think I'm going to go for Section 200 seats.

Spoon
07-19-2006, 01:31 PM
100's are GA - think about this:

Even if you are standing at the very back of the GA pit, you're still closer than the front row of 200's, and you won't be smushed. You get a seat to sit in, but who's gonna use that?? Plus you can haul ass and make your way to the front! It's all about the pit!!!

skip tracer
07-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Agreed, I'm definitely going for the pit.

Since my dad is away until Sunday with his credit card, and my friend's parents won't let him use theirs, we can't order off ticketmaster.ca, so we're going to go up to our local Sunrise Records (Ticketmaster outlet) at like 7am (even though tickets don't go onsale until 10am) to make sure we can get pit tickets (or at least I hope we can get them!)

What do all of you think the chances are of us getting pit tickets from a TM outlet?

troutmask
07-19-2006, 06:26 PM
As far as I can tell it's just the luck of the draw. Most TM locations seem to use the random draw policy at 9am to determine line spaces, so it really doesn't matter how early you show up. I haven't lined up for anything at a TM outlet for a while so I don't know if this is necessarily the case, but you should check out how they're going to run it.

skip tracer
07-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Alright, thanks Troutmask. Love the name and pic by the way (I'm a big Beefheart fan). I think I'm going to go down to Sunrise on Friday and see if they can "reserve me" two floor tickets, since I kind of know some of the people who work there.

troutmask
07-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Haha, awesome, best of luck.

Capt. Sith Park
07-19-2006, 11:29 PM
blood_whOre - If u 'ave One frOm the HBrd shOw (and didn't nOtice) dO nOt, I repeat dO nOt use it as a table placemat - It is nOt laminated LoL! (nOt a bad idea thOugh) your entrepreneurial skillz r shOwing thrOugh ... BTW - Iz that Lily in yOur avatar

Q - Iz cute & lamination a good combination .... Hmmmmm

skip tracer - IMO, Aside from scoring good TIX from a fiend on the inside of course (As random as sales go) u would b better served making u'r puchase a different way - by the time u get to the counter (after all of the line placement BULLS**T + plain & simple slow progression of time that it takes) I'm afraid the pit (GA) TIX will b long gone

If that is your only option though I wish u luck & good fortune on what prevails

mystictigress
07-20-2006, 05:34 AM
I'm going to try buying over the phone for first time ever. It will be interesting when I get back and see all the post sale panic where everyone exclaims how they fared.
Good luck in advance all!

Fit4Demolition
07-20-2006, 06:56 AM
the show i saw on the minitour was in a very small place, only about 2000-3000 seats and they sold out within a minute. how big is this place? shitty thing is my friend isnt sure if he will be able to go even though its on a saturday. he might have band work to do. im probably going to get tickets anyway, but he thinks his roomates might want to go too so i have no idea of how many tickets to get. it would be a great roadtrip to take, especially three days before my birthday. i also want to go to the Camden, NJ show since that is local, but the tickets go on sale at the same time i think. it would suck if i ended up with nothing at all.

skip tracer
07-20-2006, 07:10 AM
Dammit, I'll be disappointed if I can't get pit tickets... think it's possible if I get, say, Level 200 tickets, to be able to sneak into the pit? If I'm caught, I could innocently say "I didn't know where I was going" Hehe.

fetisha
07-20-2006, 07:38 AM
Some douchebag is selling GA/Pit tickets on Ebay, claiming the GA tickets are sold out. Dickhead.

fetisha
07-20-2006, 07:42 AM
I'm going to try buying over the phone for first time ever. It will be interesting when I get back and see all the post sale panic where everyone exclaims how they fared.
Good luck in advance all!

Here's a thought. Why don't you try online and the phone? I would park myself in front of the computer and also have the phone in my hand. If you end up getting tickets faster online (and they're decent) and there's still a busy signal on the phone for Ticketmaster, then there you go.

mystictigress
07-20-2006, 07:49 AM
Here's a thought. Why don't you try online and the phone? I would park myself in front of the computer and also have the phone in my hand. If you end up getting tickets faster online (and they're decent) and there's still a busy signal on the phone for Ticketmaster, then there you go.

Thanks for the advice! The problem is that I'm going to be up North (well actually down in Southern ON, but doing what people do up North) in a cabin with no computers nearby. Which totally sucks. So I'm afraid phone is my only option! I'm really hoping it works out. I do have a backup plan set up, so hopefully it works out for one of us. *crosses fingers*

Spoon
07-20-2006, 07:56 AM
Dude just get a parent/relative/friend to buy them for you...

Spoon
07-20-2006, 07:58 AM
"These tickets do not go on sale to the public until Saturday, how is it that you have these tickets and that the pit is sold out?"

I sent that to the ebay dude

Capt. Sith Park
07-20-2006, 08:05 AM
skip tracer - Warning, there are red-shirted MOLSON AMP security at basically every level & section change to prevent ppl from wandering wherever they please

fetisha - Check out most of the TIX broker (Ahem ... bastard) sites, advance prep I guess, same shit as w/ any concerts (they know GA is going 2 b gone and they r guaranteed as having some back-door deal TIX to scalp)

skip tracer
07-20-2006, 08:18 AM
Hmmm... if I were to be caught, I'd innocently say "Sir, I didn't know where I was going!" Would they really kick a 14 year old completely out if he just claimed he "misread" his ticket or went in the wrong direction? Hahahaha

fetisha
07-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the advice! The problem is that I'm going to be up North (well actually down in Southern ON, but doing what people do up North) in a cabin with no computers nearby. Which totally sucks. So I'm afraid phone is my only option! I'm really hoping it works out. I do have a backup plan set up, so hopefully it works out for one of us. *crosses fingers*

Well, if worst comes to worst, I'm going to have some extra tickets to sell. Let me know how it goes. I won't have GA tickets though. I'm HOPING to get 200 Level tickets. I already bought a private box that is right behind the 200 section, but if I get tickets on Saturday for the 200 level, then I'm going to sell the private box tickets I have.

fetisha
07-20-2006, 11:24 AM
skip tracer - Warning, there are red-shirted MOLSON AMP security at basically every level & section change to prevent ppl from wandering wherever they please

fetisha - Check out most of the TIX broker (Ahem ... bastard) sites, advance prep I guess, same shit as w/ any concerts (they know GA is going 2 b gone and they r guaranteed as having some back-door deal TIX to scalp)

Oh, I know, it's a bunch of bullshit. I work for a company that has a relationship with a few ticket brokers. They're reputable companies (as in no scams or fake tickets) but the prices are a shitload (of course).

If all else fails and I want primo seats, I'm going to contact our brokers. If it's for personal use, they will sell us tickets for the price they paid for them, instead of the mark up price. It will still be more than face value, but a lot less than what they would end up selling them for.

fetisha
07-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Hmmm... if I were to be caught, I'd innocently say "Sir, I didn't know where I was going!" Would they really kick a 14 year old completely out if he just claimed he "misread" his ticket or went in the wrong direction? Hahahaha

I wouldn't take the risk my friend. I've seen some rough security at concerts and most of the time you don't get a second chance.

skip tracer
07-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Damn... then I hope I can get GA...

SadSummerSea
07-20-2006, 12:23 PM
i just got a job in oshawa which will set me up nicely for this show.
funny how things work out sometimes.
good thing i got kicked outta school :)

skip tracer
07-20-2006, 06:23 PM
That sucks Sobot. I'm going for 3 floors, I hope I can get them...

fetisha
07-20-2006, 08:11 PM
Come to think of it, I've never purchased tickets online to a show right when they were going on sale.

So I'm thinking this: I just plop my ass in front of my computer at 9:55 AM, log into my account at Ticketmaster, find the page where the tickets for Toronto are going on sale and press the refresh button until 10:00 AM, when the tickets go on sale.

Is that pretty much the best way to do it? I will also have the phone in my hand at the same time to be on the safe side.

Paranoid? Hell yes =)

skip tracer
07-20-2006, 08:45 PM
NO! Only refresh a few times!!!!! If you refresh too much (not sure if there is an exact number or not) Ticketmaster (those bastards!) block your IP!! (for how long, I'm not sure)

Be careful!

Underalus
07-20-2006, 09:33 PM
I just won two tickets today from my radio station. I'm fucking amped although nervous about where the seats are located. I hope I see you all there, good luck guys and gals.

skip tracer
07-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Which station? 102.1 The Edge?

sianspheric
07-21-2006, 03:35 AM
Paranoid? Hell yes =)

We all are :/

Underalus
07-21-2006, 06:27 AM
no, FM96 in London.

skip tracer
07-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Ah, cool. Do you know where your seats are yet.

And a "Good luck" to everyone tomorrow!

skip tracer
07-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Yes, that is what I heard before on the RHCP board right before tickets went on sale. I've never chanced it since, I only refresh in the minute or so before 10am, and only 2 or 3 times.

Underalus
07-21-2006, 11:19 AM
I do not know where my seats are but I'm confident the radio station won't shaft me.

cadmonka
07-21-2006, 11:38 AM
I do not know where my seats are but I'm confident the radio station won't shaft me.

Hey, did you win those tickets at about 5pm yesterday?! If so, I played against you... and by the way, the stupid girl on the radio didn't tell me she was going for quantity of facts, she said to go with whatever "obscure" facts i could come up with... I wasn't listening to the radio and didn't know what was going on but one of my co-workers told me to call in, since she knew i was a moderately large tool fan. So I feel cheated, but happy the tickets went to a real fan.

Anyway, good on ya. But don't be too stoked. I've won tickets from FM96 before -- Pearl Jam at the ACC, Jane's Addiction at the ACC -- and the seats were terrible: back of the arena, second level. I've had friends win tickets for the amphitheatre and end up at the back of the 400s. Just a heads up.

cad

cadmonka
07-21-2006, 11:46 AM
oh, and i second whoever said "London" for a tour stop... the JLC is a fine venue, and there's nothing like seeing your favourite band 5 minutes from home.

Earlier this year there was a quote from mjk floating around that tool would tour "everywhere" in the fall of '06 and "everywhere else" in the new year. My guess is that the band will swing back around and hit either the JLC or Copps in late winter/early spring '07, like they did on the Lateralus tour when they played the ACC first and then came back to play Copps.

So, i'm still crossing my fingers.

thepatient_10k
07-21-2006, 11:53 AM
tickets on sale tomorrow @10am!! :D

im getting all my friends to try for tickets too and ill sell the extras on here :D

does anyone know how many tickets we can purchase through ticketmaster?

cadmonka
07-21-2006, 11:53 AM
last question... sorry to load up the board...

i've been to TMA lots of times, but never in the 100 level... is the floor level or sloped toward the stage down there? I saw the pixies from the mid-200s and thought this was a little far away, but i'm "vertically challenged" and worried about being in the pit and seeing nothing but the backs of everyone's heads... so i need to decided to try for GA or 200s (assuming i even get a chance to have a choice...) If the 100 level is sloped, I can easily stand to the back and still have fine view, but if it's level i'll be screwed.

can anyone give me details? TIA

SadSummerSea
07-21-2006, 12:20 PM
does anyone know how many tickets we can purchase through ticketmaster?

looks like eight.

Capt. Sith Park
07-21-2006, 01:33 PM
I can't find the TIX limit info anywhere? Where r u finding it?

This may b a completely wrong assumption but on the toolshed site under 'TOUR' the Toronto date (and all others) for this stretch of their Tour which ends on (or is listed up until) the 29th of Sept. makes it seem like they may even hit Toronto or surrounding area (London, Ottawa, Hamilton Etc.) even one more time in the proper Fall.

It does say after all of those dates listed 'A fall tour in North America! Start saving up!!'

If they are having a successful time in Canada right now (w/ Platinum Album status Etc.)
this Molson AMP date may even b much the same as the HBrd show :(

w/ another date to come much later this year

jayde
07-21-2006, 04:22 PM
I was at this venue for Nickelback last week.
My girlfriend likes them although I don't (and hate three days grace that opened) and I had GA 100's...they were so ridiculously close.

I'm praying I get GA for TOOL....if I don't get GA or 200's at 10 am...i'll buy from ebay. I'm hoping that tickets won't skyrocket like they did for Hummingbird and that I can get a pair for only slightly more than ticket price. If i'm in GA for TOOL...it's going to be no hold's barred...and no sleep for days before.

dornan
07-21-2006, 04:50 PM
After getting screwed over for tickets for the HB show, i don't know what im gonna do if this one sells out in a second like the last one. Goodluck everyone.

jayde
07-21-2006, 05:00 PM
It likely won't sell out...
i'm pretty sure everyone can get tickets...but I really don't want to shlep all the way there to sit in the 400's.
I'll settle for 200's...but if both that AND ga are sold out...i'll probably try to get GA's for about $200 for 2...I hope.

my heart's racing already

slicknickshady
07-21-2006, 07:12 PM
I was at this venue for Nickelback last week.
My girlfriend likes them although I don't (and hate three days grace that opened) and I had GA 100's...they were so ridiculously close.

I'm praying I get GA for TOOL....if I don't get GA or 200's at 10 am...i'll buy from ebay. I'm hoping that tickets won't skyrocket like they did for Hummingbird and that I can get a pair for only slightly more than ticket price. If i'm in GA for TOOL...it's going to be no hold's barred...and no sleep for days before.

Three Days Grace kicks ass. Nickleback is one of the worst bands ever though.

SadSummerSea
07-21-2006, 08:55 PM
I can't find the TIX limit info anywhere? Where r u finding it?

i was going by what other shows allow, but now that i investigate further it seems some of them are six.

Capt. Sith Park
07-21-2006, 09:33 PM
I see on the seating chart that the capacity for General Admission 100's (Floors) Standing is 1,000 ppl

I'm wondering what capacity is for the entire AMP?

Dave Grohl thanked (during a Foo Fighters show) all 23,000 ppl for attending
The Lawns were packed but that figure sounds just a little high

That would b more than a show at the ACC

troutmask
07-21-2006, 10:01 PM
I think capacity for the entire amp is about 17,000. Oh, and good luck tomorrow tool-junkies.

Underalus
07-21-2006, 11:35 PM
shit, I hope I don't get shafted. And yes, I won the tickets at about 5 o'clock. I'm john, are you nicole?

sianspheric
07-22-2006, 01:29 AM
good luck everyone.

:)

dave.
07-22-2006, 04:52 AM
I'm not going for floors. I'm sick of having a bunch of idiots run into me while I'm trying to enjoy a show.

thepatient_10k
07-22-2006, 05:11 AM
anyone else up and waiting?

Bino
07-22-2006, 05:30 AM
anyone else up and waiting?

Shit yeah!

thepatient_10k
07-22-2006, 05:40 AM
we rule

Bino
07-22-2006, 05:46 AM
we rule

Yup.

Hopefully everyone else is sleeping off a wicked bender and doesn't wake up until 10:02, at which point you and I are printing off our confirmation.

No offence to anyone else...but...you know.

thepatient_10k
07-22-2006, 05:48 AM
:D the early tool catches the tool.

I told a lot of people they went on sale tomorrow to give us better chances...haha im an asshole.

fetisha
07-22-2006, 05:49 AM
:D the early tool catches the tool.

I told a lot of people they went on sale tomorrow to give us better chances...haha im an asshole.

Yes, but a very smart asshole =)

thepatient_10k
07-22-2006, 05:50 AM
im sure there will be a gang of angry tool fans chasing me down with pitchforks soon enough.

Bino
07-22-2006, 05:52 AM
Are you rocking multiple windows with TM locked and loaded?

SadSummerSea
07-22-2006, 05:54 AM
buttie flies!

Bino
07-22-2006, 05:56 AM
buttie flies!

I feel much less nervous for this sale than I did the Hummingbird. With 16K seats, we're all going to get in.

jdp
07-22-2006, 05:57 AM
good luck to all (well not really, only if I end up getting floors too)... :)

thepatient_10k
hah yea im totally rockin 3 windows, this one, ticketmaster and house of blues.

jdp
You think I have much less of a chance to grab floors if I'm going for 4 tickets vs 3 tickets?

adavadas
07-22-2006, 05:59 AM
here it comes....

thepatient_10k
07-22-2006, 05:59 AM
no idea, im grabbin 3 and my friends buying 4, so i guess ill find out.

jdp
07-22-2006, 06:03 AM
200 level, row D.. wanted floors, but this is nice.. i get to sit

Maken
07-22-2006, 06:06 AM
Floor tickets secured. =D

kwijibo
I HAD FUCKIN 100 and it was prosseing and never stopped or went anywhere else!!

NWOW I HAVE NOTHING ANS THEy're GONE!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!! FUCKFUFJDXGOFS{YU{HMLKFGAJFGHSANJRA
RTYSNJRTWJRZAYN MRTDFA
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sianspheric
GOT FLOORS!!!

FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

:)

Bino
07-22-2006, 06:08 AM
Fuck - got 4 tix - selected "Best Avail." and they are fucking 400's!!! WTF?

dornan
07-22-2006, 06:09 AM
Section 401 Row H Seats 9 - 8. Better then nothing!

jdp
07-22-2006, 06:09 AM
these went fast.. i could tell the servers were being overloaded because i tried again and got some weird errors and wait times were ~ 4 minutes to get tickets

cadmonka
07-22-2006, 06:10 AM
i'm on the floor... wooooohooooo!!!!!!

Oh, and John, yes I am nicole. And now that i have floors seats in my hand, i'm not feeling so bad about blowing the "tool challenge" on the radio... and i'm still glad that i lost to a real fan (atleast, I assume you're a real fan, since you're posting here... or maybe you're just a bored guy with too much time on your hands).

kwijibo
07-22-2006, 06:11 AM
anyone have extra floors or 200s????

FUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK

sianspheric
07-22-2006, 06:11 AM
I HAD FUCKIN 100 and it was prosseing and never stopped or went anywhere else!!

NWOW I HAVE NOTHING ANS THEy're GONE!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!! FUCKFUFJDXGOFS{YU{HMLKFGAJFGHSANJRA
RTYSNJRTWJRZAYN MRTDFA
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh man....im sorry to hear that.

the same thing nearly happened to be....got floors and then selected shipping method and clicked ok...and it took like 2 minutes, but it eventually got the confirm screen....did you press back or refresh?

Bino
07-22-2006, 06:12 AM
WTF???

I just checked - I can get 4 seats in the 300's for fucking CHEAPER ($30/ticket cheaper) then the fucking 400's I just bought. FUCK!

Best Available my ass.

fetisha
Well that was crap. First time I checked they had section 301 in row G. I got rid of those because I already bought a private box that is right behind the 200 section.

I was aiming for the 200's. Meh well! If I want better seats, I'll go through the brokers that my company has a relationship with.

Now lawn seats are only left.

Kevin
4 100 GA tickets, WOOT!

jdp
WTF???

I just checked - I can get 4 seats in the 300's for fucking CHEAPER ($30/ticket cheaper) then the fucking 400's I just bought. FUCK!

Best Available my ass.

I'd buy them then sell the 400 seats

jdp
07-22-2006, 06:13 AM
4 100 GA tickets, WOOT!

You bastards.. i thought i was quick.. not quick enough.. :(

kwijibo
07-22-2006, 06:14 AM
oh man....im sorry to hear that.

the same thing nearly happened to be....got floors and then selected shipping method and clicked ok...and it took like 2 minutes, but it eventually got the confirm screen....did you press back or refresh?

none i just waited a couple mins and it just kept loading..... fuck fuck fuck!!!!

Noopie
07-22-2006, 06:15 AM
Did those who gots floors specify floors? I might have a couple of extras to sell in the 300 section, row E...but I can't confirm that yet

thepatient_10k
07-22-2006, 06:17 AM
dude whoever said it was processing and didnt work had to wait a little longer. I was about to exit and it worked. The best i could pull up were 400's but my buddy got floors so i have floors secured.

Bino
Fucking fucking fuck. Fuck! fucking fuckers. FUCK!

dornan
So now after purchasing my Level 400 tickets, I have twice pulled up tickets in the 300s.

Bino
"Best Available" is a fucking crock of fucking shit. FUCK!

jdp
07-22-2006, 06:18 AM
So now after purchasing my Level 400 tickets, I have twice pulled up tickets in the 300s.

Once again -- sell your 400's on ebay or to someone here and buy the 300's..??

dave.
Did those who gots floors specify floors? I might have a couple of extras to sell in the 300 section, row E...but I can't confirm that yet
I'll take them if he doesn't.

Bino

Same exact fucking thing here.

Fitz
Got 5 Section 200s

Bino
Once again -- sell your 400's on ebay or to someone here and buy the 300's..??

I've got no room on my card to play with. Otherwise, yeah.

jdp
07-22-2006, 06:19 AM
I've got no room on my card to play with. Otherwise, yeah.

Good point.. :(

jdp
07-22-2006, 06:19 AM
Got 5 Section 200s

What row/section?

Noopie
07-22-2006, 06:20 AM
I'll take them

Cool man.....you're first in line if they're available. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Fitz
07-22-2006, 06:20 AM
203 row XX, not sure where row XX is but I'm excited

Satival Tributary
07-22-2006, 06:21 AM
Heh, wow. "Best Available" must not be working properly.

I got Section 201, Row N. Pretty good.

jdp
07-22-2006, 06:21 AM
203 row XX, not sure where row XX is but I'm excited

3 rows from the top. ZZ is the top.

Very good seats since a lot of people got shafted with lawns or nothing at all.

So what time did these officially get sold out? 10:15?

sianspheric
07-22-2006, 06:22 AM
Guys...dont use best available. I know its more risky but I chose GA floors, not best available.....and the ticketbastard fairies granted me my wish.

reallly this ENTIRE thing is all luck, I did this exact same method for hummingbird and got shut up. its like rolling a fucking dice.

kwijibo
07-22-2006, 06:22 AM
ANYONE HAVE EXTRAS?? PLEASEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mcallima
07-22-2006, 06:23 AM
Section 301, seats 19-20. I wish the accessible seating was a bit closer, but at least I won't have heads in my way.

Fitz
Yeah, I didn't want to be standing seeing as my girlfriend is under 5'

transcend187
I bought 4x 100 level GA tickets. YEAAHHHHH!!

I might have one extra, I gotta find out from friends. I'll let this thread know if I have any available. It's unlikely, but possible.

jdp
07-22-2006, 06:25 AM
So what time did these officially get sold out? 10:15?

Hmm.. Looks like they haven't yet. I can still pull up single 400 level tickets.

transcend187
07-22-2006, 06:28 AM
Still singles left for 400s. Only lawns left for sets of two or more.

Bino
Guys...dont use best available.

*Now* you fucking tell me.

Man, am I ever pissed off right now.

Derock
Got Fucked by Ticket Master. I pulled up 200 level tickets, but something happened on the final "submit order page" and now I lost them. I got two single tickets in the 300 section instead. WTF

kwijibo
07-22-2006, 06:29 AM
fuck i'm sooo mad!!! i HATE TICKETBASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

transcend187
07-22-2006, 06:29 AM
I was driving home at 10, I had to get my dad to grab the tickets for me. I have no internet at my new house. I'm lucky I told him to go for GA 100s and not Best Available. I didn't even think about it.

Noopie
07-22-2006, 06:30 AM
So here's my full tally for all interested....

We had 3 people trying and were selecting best available in blocks of 2.

201 row S, 203 row T, 305 row AA (pulled up at about 10:05 after I pulled up the 201 tix), and 304 row E (which Sobot has dibs on if we end up not needing them).

dave.
07-22-2006, 06:31 AM
So here's my full tally for all interested....

We had 3 people trying and were selecting best available in blocks of 2.

201 row S, 203 row T, 305 row AA (pulled up at about 10:05 after I pulled up the 201 tix), and 304 row E (which Sobot has dibs on if we end up not needing them).
I'll take 2 together anywhere if they're not needed.

kwijibo
07-22-2006, 06:33 AM
if anyone had 100s or 200s they don't need PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!!! i just need 2!! PLEASE!!!!

Noopie
07-22-2006, 06:34 AM
I'll take 2 together anywhere if they're not needed.

I'll keep you in mind if something falls through for another 2 tickets man, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

thepatient_10k
07-22-2006, 06:37 AM
i feel so sorry for you dudes who didnt get what they want. I had 400's and almost cried until my buddy phoned me with 6 bloody floor tickets. Best of luck to you guys on ebay and such...seriously :D

Noopie
07-22-2006, 06:40 AM
How bad is the lawn guys?

Well the sound will be crap because of the wind/lack of walls, it's not covered in case it's raining, and you will only really be able to see the video screens (there are 3 of them). Other than that though, they're fine.

Capt. Sith Park
07-22-2006, 06:42 AM
Congrats: jdp, maken, dornan, Noopie, cadmonka, kevin, Fitz, Satival Tributary, mcallima, transcend187, thepatient_10K,

Bino - Hope u scored something half decent

SadSummerSea
i went for 200's off the bat and got the shaft

good thing my swedish boyfriend picked up my slack and managed to land us 301's.

lawn 11? no thanks.

jayde
best available right at 10 am were 400's!
so got 2 buy it now for $200 GA floor....thank GOd...my heart can stop beating now.

I suggest on ebay clicking "newly listed items" and keep refreshing and try to snag for a reasonable price those that have BUY IT NOW

fetisha
07-22-2006, 06:47 AM

How many tickets are you searching for? I haven't been able to pull up the 300's at all.

jayde
07-22-2006, 06:48 AM
me too...
but $200 for two isn't bad...
total with ticketmaster cost is $90 a ticket for 400's so only paid a bit more. Unlike Hummingbird where I paid out the ass.
Good luck to you all...I wish we all could get the tickets we want and the system isn't fair.

I have Family Values (200's) and Tool...GA PIT...can't wait.

Noopie
07-22-2006, 06:48 AM
so got 2 buy it now for $200 GA floor....thank GOd...

Wow man, you really really lucked out with that buy....considering face was around $175.

Interesting how 98% of the auctions on eBay are floor tickets. i only see 2 auctions for actual seats.

hENNIFER
07-22-2006, 06:49 AM
Hi guys. Glad to see you guys still haven't mastered the whole 'clicking the mouse' and 'knowing what time it is' -- scored me some 6 in the [much] better half of 201, danny/justin AGAIN! (hummingbird centre, sixth row, circle of friends) -- not to say I don't want to see ADAM or MJK, just danny/justin put on a better show :) so I'm quite pleased. [oh, and HI to the idiot who paid 250/ticket for a pair @ HBC who sat beside me..]

Just wanted to point out not everybody getting six tickets is a scalper. Some people have friends who couldn't purchase tickets today (work/sleep).

What I will say is 6 instances of a convenience charge [+venue charge] on one transaction is a little much, but who cares.. it's like paying for an extra ticket.. one I won't use..

So, yeah, you won't be seeing these on ebay, but you will be seeing them IN MY FIST AS I RAM IT INTO YOUR STOMACH!

adavadas
07-22-2006, 06:50 AM
Well the sound will be crap because of the wind/lack of walls, it's not covered in case it's raining, and you will only really be able to see the video screens (there are 3 of them). Other than that though, they're fine.

I gotta disagree with this assessment of the lawn seats. When I went to see Motley Crue there last summer, the sound was fine and you could see the entire stage clearly. Granted, the sound quality wasn't as good as if you had floors, but that is to be expected.

hENNIFER
07-22-2006, 06:51 AM
I gotta disagree with this assessment of the lawn seats. When I went to see Motley Crue there last summer, the sound was fine and you could see the entire stage clearly. Granted, the sound quality wasn't as good as if you had floors, but that is to be expected.

makes for a good spot to bootleg the show from. Get a taper up close and the unmolested HD digital video from the lawn, and booya, DVD of the show.

hENNIFER
07-22-2006, 06:52 AM
you're cool

just saying, maybe if you spent less time here posting aimlessly you could have had sweet seats. It happens every fucking show here, sure, i'm a whopping two posts now, but instead you sit here complaining about how poorly you performed.. good times

SadSummerSea
07-22-2006, 06:53 AM
Wow man, you really really lucked out with that buy....considering face was around $175.

Interesting how 98% of the auctions on eBay are floor tickets. i only see 2 auctions for actual seats.

how bout the guy selling lawn 13 tickets stating to not miss the "opportunity to see tool playing a small venue"

does he even know what hes selling?

mcallima
07-22-2006, 06:54 AM
How far back is the sound optimal? Will I be fine in the front 300's?

dornan
07-22-2006, 06:56 AM
How many tickets are you searching for? I haven't been able to pull up the 300's at all.

I was searching for 2. That was within 2 or 3 minutes after I got the 400s. Probably people who timed out or passed on the tickets and they became available again.

I still cant believe I'm going to see Tool. After living on the neglected Canadian east coast up until 2 years ago, and then getting shafted on the HB show, I'll finally have the chance hah.

Ash512
07-22-2006, 06:56 AM
Got tickets in the 203. Yay!

hENNIFER
07-22-2006, 06:57 AM
You're an ass. We didn't perform poorly. We picked Best Available, we weren't on this site after we tried.

You should be a scalper. You seem to have a nice attitude for it.

Taken from eBay's rules:

http://pages.ebay.com/buyselltickets/rules.html?type=buyer&state=1094&inState=true

Ontario Ticket Regulations

Ontario restricts its residents from bidding higher than face value (plus fees) for tickets to events taking place in Ontario.

---
http://pages.ebay.com/buyselltickets/selling_policies.html
^-- key to knowing what to spend. Report ended auctions if you have issues with it.

___

Hope this helps you get to the show. I bet if you were sitting in my row you'd have a pretty cheery attitude too.

Noopie
07-22-2006, 06:57 AM

I should have admit that I haven't actually sat in the lawn section before before posting, but I have sat in the last row of the 400 section for Pearl Jam and it was good, but definitely the crappiest spot I've ever been in for a show.

Bino
07-22-2006, 07:00 AM

Painfull LOL

Bino
07-22-2006, 07:01 AM
Bino - Hope u scored something half decent

Nope, and fuck am I pissed. Section 402, Row G.

jdp
07-22-2006, 07:03 AM
Got tickets in the 203. Yay!

What row?

Disco_Stu
HURRAY I GOT TICKETS !!!!

Sorry, had to express my joy :P

However, i have some concern. I was fortunate to get tickets in the 203 section

But the seats are 42 to 45, which is nearly at the far left of the section ( it ends at 50). To the people who have already been at this venue, do you reckon I will have a good view or will I see only the amps ect ....

Sorry to all those who had problems in getting tickets .....

Bino
just saying, maybe if you spent less time here posting aimlessly you could have had sweet seats. It happens every fucking show here, sure, i'm a whopping two posts now, but instead you sit here complaining about how poorly you performed.. good times

Eat it, douchetard. You know not of what your fat fingers type.

Derock
07-22-2006, 07:05 AM
I think I might splurge on ebay tickets. If so, I may have 2 singles 300 section to sell (not scalp).

hENNIFER
07-22-2006, 07:06 AM
Eat it, douchetard. You know not of what your fat fingers type.
> Nope, and fuck am I pissed. Section 402, Row G.

So fat in fact I require two seats to sit down. And they're not in 402! Good times.

Satival Tributary
I was on the lawn too, at the same show. It sounded fine to me.

hENNIFER, what row are you in? I'm in the same section, row N.

Capt. Sith Park
There's always a real winner in every bunch .... well, we've got ours

jayde
07-22-2006, 07:10 AM
i'd suggest the ebay thing with newly listed....
odd a lot of the sellers are in the US...

if not be glad you are going. 200's, 300's, 400's, lawns....we'll all still be there to see our favourite band. And we are all fortunate to do so. Unlike last time when tickets completely sold out and many die hard fans couldn't go at all...here even if the seats are a bit far back, we can all at least go.

hENNIFER
07-22-2006, 07:12 AM
Can I buy tickets more than once through ticketmaster with the same card?

fuck yeah.

hENNIFER
07-22-2006, 07:18 AM
i'd suggest the ebay thing with newly listed....
odd a lot of the sellers are in the US...

if not be glad you are going. 200's, 300's, 400's, lawns....we'll all still be there to see our favourite band. And we are all fortunate to do so. Unlike last time when tickets completely sold out and many die hard fans couldn't go at all...here even if the seats are a bit far back, we can all at least go.

When they came to the HBC our seats got moved around 3 times, and I'm pretty sure the seats we had wound up originally with were "redistributed" -- that is -- being given to Toronto Maple Leafs players. Awesome, thanks Darcy Tucker/Bryan McCabe you douchebags. I can actually blame the venue for selling tickets they weren't supposed to, on that one though.

I'm pretty sure the lawn isn't cordoned off into sections like the blocks are being sold (LAWN1- LAWN10), so it's survival of the fattest up there. The seats will be fine.

Non-lawn singles are still trickling out..

hENNIFER
07-22-2006, 07:21 AM
which I have.

Watching the sun set while tool plays imo.

Now that sounds like a pretty sweet idea. It'll be a fucking amazing day, September on the lake.. might be a tad chilly, but that's Toronto lakefront for you.

It'll be a big stinky hippiefest up there anyways.. hard to have a bad time.

Nickoteen
07-22-2006, 07:21 AM
hmmm Im debating paying 300 for 2 pit tickets

fetisha
07-22-2006, 07:24 AM
I splurged and bought 2 tickets in section 201 row F for $300.00 on Ebay. $150.00 per ticket isn't too bad, considering the face value was almost $100.00 each.

I have no idea where I'm going to sit yet, hehe. I bought a private box right behind the 200 section (8 seats), I also bought 2 tickets in section 402, row B (only seats I could find on Ticketmaster) and now these 2 tickets in section 201.

I'm selling the section 402 tickets. I'm either going to sit in the private box seats or the 201 section.

Haven't decided =)

hENNIFER
07-22-2006, 07:29 AM
I splurged and bought 2 tickets in section 201 row F for $300.00 on Ebay. $150.00 per ticket isn't too bad, considering the face value was almost $100.00 each.

I have no idea where I'm going to sit yet, hehe. I bought a private box right behind the 200 section (8 seats), I also bought 2 tickets in section 402, row B (only seats I could find on Ticketmaster) and now these 2 tickets in section 201.

I'm selling the section 402 tickets. I'm either going to sit in the private box seats or the 201 section.

Haven't decided =)

I know some people around here might chomp at the bit for some of those tickets, even fill up your box (gross!) if you'd let them. Was that 300 USD or CND? (not that it really does matter much anymore..)

fetisha
07-22-2006, 07:31 AM
I know some people around here might chomp at the bit for some of those tickets, even fill up your box (gross!) if you'd let them. Was that 300 USD or CND? (not that it really does matter much anymore..)

LOL. It was $300.00 USD. Meh, it's not much of a deal, I think an extra $40.00.

I'm hoping to make somewhat of a profit off of the tickets I do sell, since I just paid $300.00 for the seats I'm probably going to sit in.

hENNIFER
07-22-2006, 07:37 AM
LOL. It was $300.00 USD. Meh, it's not much of a deal, I think an extra $40.00.

I'm hoping to make somewhat of a profit off of the tickets I do sell, since I just paid $300.00 for the seats I'm probably going to sit in.

If anyone I know's looking I'll let you know. Can they buy into the box seats? [or are you just selling the 400+'s?]
Keeping this out of PM 's so the world can see it too. [and avoid 100 more PM's]

jayde
07-22-2006, 07:37 AM
you know what? you can show up and hang around outside without tickets and probably see it and hear it as well as you would with lawn tickets

fetisha
07-22-2006, 07:40 AM
If anyone I know's looking I'll let you know. Can they buy into the box seats? [or are you just selling the 400+'s?]
Keeping this out of PM 's so the world can see it too. [and avoid 100 more PM's]

I'm selling the 400's and the rest of the box seats (keeping 4 out of the 8 for myself right now). I'll probably sell the 400's for a reasonable price, but more for the box seats.

See, the company I work for has a relationship with ticket brokers. I could probably sell them my tickets for a very nice amount.

I haven't fully decided anything yet. I want to ensure I get all of the tickets physically in my hands before I try to sell them, you know?

fetisha
07-22-2006, 07:43 AM
QUICK! Someone is selling 2 GA tickets for $229.00 on Ebay with Buy It Now. It's way better than what most of them are going for:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-TOOL-TICKETS-TORONTO-MOLSON-AMPHITHEATRE_W0QQitemZ300010334446QQihZ020QQcatego ryZ16122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

joshrd
07-22-2006, 07:44 AM
finally... i get to see them for the first time... its been 8 long years of waiting
i got 300 seats, i actually biked to the fuckin ticketmaster head office, and she managed to lose 200L seats but luckily i got 300's... paid a decent amount.... 85 bucks!
i will see u there!!!

(hows the sound at the molson amphitheatre? i hope its better or equivalent to the bell centre in montreal)

jayde
07-22-2006, 07:45 AM
AWESOME!
yeah
i tell you...keep refreshing and new ones will appear buy it now for $200 and up...
it is your best bet to get them quick.

I'm concerned...my auction said "GA PIT" but what if they are lawns...as they are basically GA pit too.
I emailed to confirm.....im just pessimisstic and waiting for something to go wrong

Derock
07-22-2006, 07:46 AM
QUICK! Someone is selling 2 GA tickets for $229.00 on Ebay with Buy It Now. It's way better than what most of them are going for:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-TOOL-TICKETS-TORONTO-MOLSON-AMPHITHEATRE_W0QQitemZ300010334446QQihZ020QQcatego ryZ16122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think that is miss-labled. The price listed is for 1 ticket. But I could be wrong.

Capt. Sith Park
07-22-2006, 07:49 AM
Happy-Capitalism Fetisha!

Nickoteen
07-22-2006, 07:50 AM
WHOOT!@@@ I just lucked out. got 2 tickets for buyitnow on ebay for the pit for 229 !!!!
guess nobody saw it lol

*well except for fetisha rofl*

skip tracer
07-22-2006, 07:51 AM
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! GOT 2 FLOOOORRSSS!!!! Just got back from the local mall where Sunrise is and even though me, my friend Chris, and a cool bald guy was there first, it ended up being random draw. So I was talking to the bald guy for about an hour, he seemed really cool and nice and a big Tool fan. So anyway, about 15 or 20 people are there, and when it becomes random draw, I'm 5th in line. However, it turned out the bald guy was first!!!! So I asked if I could give him my money, and he would buy his tickets (with his own money of course), and buy mine and my friend's tickets for me! So he did!!!

So I got 2 floors!!!!!! Sorry to everyone who didn't luck out as much as I did, but I'm soooooo excited! I'll see you all there!