View Full Version : 2006/09/21 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena

swaps
07-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Tool
Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH
Thursday, September 21, 2006

HookerWithPenis
07-12-2006, 05:29 AM
Ill be there, might take me 5 hours to get there but ill be there. also does anymone know when tix will go on sale?

BÄR intonation
07-12-2006, 06:58 AM
I will also be there, and Nationwide is only 10 minutes from my house!!!

Grey Skiez
07-12-2006, 09:07 AM
I want to move to Columbus, I like the idea of annexation of the suburbs. Makes more sense to me...

Patient5602
07-13-2006, 05:14 AM
How is this arena for concerts? I'm trying to decide between here and Chicago since there's no Indianapolis date yet.

Pu_shitonme
07-13-2006, 10:37 AM
I am going to OSU this fall. This concert happens to fall on the second day of classes. Fuck classes?...most definitely.

oh, and if they played Rosetta Stoned I would sell me soul.

ARC0112358
07-14-2006, 03:49 AM
I am going to OSU this fall. This concert happens to fall on the second day of classes. Fuck classes?...most definitely.

oh, and if they played Rosetta Stoned I would sell me soul.

Well - they opened with it in Detroit so get your soul ready. Ahhh yes, that was a great show.

Nationwide 10 minutes from home - Nice.

MrVinnie77
07-14-2006, 07:14 AM
How is this arena for concerts? I'm trying to decide between here and Chicago since there's no Indianapolis date yet.

The Nationwide isn't bad. It's one of those large, boxy arenas so the sound does have a tendency to bounce around. But, if the sound man knows what he's doing, you won't notice.

I'm debating the trip from Pittsburgh to this one. Cleveland is a definite as it's on a Monday & i've made that drive a thousand times, but this show is smack in the middle of the week and it's a 3 hour haul each way.

Kev1326
07-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Nationwide is good for concerts. Great concessions, lots of good places to eat before and after the show. I'm out in the suburbs of Columbus. I hope I can go. Money is tight right now. But this is the only concert I wanna go to all year. If this has to be an early bithday present, then so be it. (tickets may go on sale in a few weeks, but my b-day isn't til October.) If that shows how bad I wanna go to the show. I'd do damn near anything to go.

xxxtarantismxx
07-19-2006, 06:26 AM
DOES anybody know when they go on sale

mercurykeith
07-19-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm definitely going. This is the one venue in Columbus I'm not really familiar with. Sounds like any other enormo-dome though.

Kev1326
07-19-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm definitely going. This is the one venue in Columbus I'm not really familiar with. Sounds like any other enormo-dome though.

It's really good for concerts. I've been to two there and the sound is as good as who ever performs if not better. So far the best show I've seen there is Britney Spears, her opening night of her Dream within a Dream tour. The pyro was loud, the flames and stuff heated the building or at least the floor. (Fine people may hate me for admitting I went to Britney's show, but it was good, and how many times can someone say they went to an opening night of a huge world tour.)

This is an ideal place for Tool, in fact maybe too good, but it's nice to see them do such an awesome place in a kickass venue and area.

Pu_shitonme
07-21-2006, 04:06 PM
ticekts on sale 7/29/06 at 10am. see you all there.

æmoeba•°·.
07-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Only 50 minutes from my house.

mercurykeith
07-22-2006, 06:16 AM
I haven't gotten tickets through ticketbastard in a long time, anything I need to know for next Saturday? Also, are there any pre-sales going on?

HOTSAUCEMAN
07-22-2006, 10:54 AM
I haven't gotten tickets through ticketbastard in a long time, anything I need to know for next Saturday? Also, are there any pre-sales going on?

there are no presales. main thing you should know about ticketmaster nowadays is that if you refresh your browser too many times right before the sale time... you will get temporarily blocked from the site. just wait until its about 20 secs until sale time... and then start refreshing.

APT
07-22-2006, 11:28 AM
I'll be goin to this show because of football...how far is Columbus from Bowling Green, OH?

HookerWithPenis
07-22-2006, 07:15 PM
I'll be goin to this show because of football...how far is Columbus from Bowling Green, OH?

mapquest!

always works for me

see you there

mercurykeith
07-23-2006, 07:01 AM
there are no presales. main thing you should know about ticketmaster nowadays is that if you refresh your browser too many times right before the sale time... you will get temporarily blocked from the site. just wait until its about 20 secs until sale time... and then start refreshing.

Any idea how many refreshes I get before it locks me out? That's the only way I've managed to get tickets through them in the past was to just refresh like a mad man. I have a bad feeling this is going to suck. Is floor GA or reserved ?

HOTSAUCEMAN
07-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Any idea how many refreshes I get before it locks me out? That's the only way I've managed to get tickets through them in the past was to just refresh like a mad man. I have a bad feeling this is going to suck. Is floor GA or reserved ?

i dont know particularly how many refreshes it takes... but i can tell you that that owl that advertises tootsie pops sez that it only takes 3 licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

your best bet i'd say is to wait until its about 30 secs till 'sale time' then start refreshing. also, use two different browsers... say internet explorer and firefox. if you get blocked on one you can use the other.

ticketmaster will disable you by installing a temporary cookie... the cookie can only be installed on a particular browser... so thats one way to get around it kind of.

i dont know the particulars on if the floor is seated or GA... you'd have to contact the venue for that info.

keep positive... im sure you'll make out with the tickets you need.

HOTSAUCEMAN
07-23-2006, 01:41 PM
also... here's an idea... go to ticketmaster... look for a show thats about to go on sale... and see for yourself how many times you can refresh before you get blocked...

trial and error in all its glory

APT
07-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Alright cool...it's 2 hours from BG. We get out of practice at 5:30 and I'll be done showering and gone by 6 hopefully. Get there around or a little after 8. Probably miss a little bit of Isis. How long do you think they will play for and when do you think Tool will get the stage?

Stinkfyst
07-23-2006, 08:58 PM
I'll be there with afew of my friends. This will be my first Tool concert so I'm pretty happy about that. :)

mercurykeith
07-24-2006, 01:29 PM
also... here's an idea... go to ticketmaster... look for a show thats about to go on sale... and see for yourself how many times you can refresh before you get blocked...

trial and error in all its glory

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll try the firefox thing.

friskysman
07-24-2006, 01:55 PM
I hope to be there as well. Looking around on Nationwide's website and talking to people that have attended concerts there (and based on my memory from when I saw Korn there long ago), I believe the floor is reserved seating. Don't quote me on that, though. If anyone knows for sure, please let us know.

mercurykeith
07-24-2006, 03:50 PM
I got firefox and this may have been a good idea in and of itself. Are you sure it won't lock me out on both for refreshing? I'd like to know what "official" ticketbastard time is to prevent that.

DeepDepth
07-24-2006, 10:13 PM
This will be my first TOOL show as well. The drive from Indianapolis and back will be well worth it. TicketMaster is sending me a text message reminder an hour before they go on sale. I wish they'd throw jimmy into the setlist, just for kicks(I know the odds of that happening are astronomical.)

Where's the T.D.N. after-party? =)

mercurykeith
07-25-2006, 02:05 PM
I called the arena today and they said that they don't have a seating chart yet but that the different prices would likely be $53 for floor, $43 for lower bowl and $33 for upper bowl. Again, I don't think they knew anything official though, and they didn't know if the floor was GA or reserved yet, they said they might know by Thursday. Just thought I'd share.

friskysman
07-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the info, mercurykeith. Let us know if and when you find out if floor if GA or reserved

Sp00k
07-25-2006, 07:04 PM
i dont know particularly how many refreshes it takes... but i can tell you that that owl that advertises tootsie pops sez that it only takes 3 licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

your best bet i'd say is to wait until its about 30 secs till 'sale time' then start refreshing. also, use two different browsers... say internet explorer and firefox. if you get blocked on one you can use the other.

ticketmaster will disable you by installing a temporary cookie... the cookie can only be installed on a particular browser... so thats one way to get around it kind of.

i dont know the particulars on if the floor is seated or GA... you'd have to contact the venue for that info.

keep positive... im sure you'll make out with the tickets you need.

This is true. I was blocked when buying for the Woodlands show within 30 seconds of sale time. PIST ME OFF. However I deleted all my cookies then got right back into the site. Ended up with decent seats. ALSO keep trying for at least 20 min if you dont get seats you want. Seats get released all the time due to credit card failures and such. F the TICKET NAZI!

jairadballerina
07-26-2006, 05:25 AM
I called the arena today and they said that they don't have a seating chart yet but that the different prices would likely be $53 for floor, $43 for lower bowl and $33 for upper bowl. Again, I don't think they knew anything official though, and they didn't know if the floor was GA or reserved yet, they said they might know by Thursday. Just thought I'd share.

PSL holder here. Saw my advance order form and it said 53 dollars for lower bowl and club + 3 dollar handling fee per ticket. See you at the show.

Goatfish
07-26-2006, 06:24 AM
Can't wait for this show, hopefully nearby hotels are open too because I am planning on staying all weekend. Have no classes on Friday this semester so I'm going up on Thursday and staying until Saturday so I can see Gigantour which is also at Nationwide. This will be nuts

HookerWithPenis
07-28-2006, 07:39 AM
sounds like a plan goatfish. Id love to hit gigantour also.

When it says tickets go on sale sat at 10am what time zone is this? does neone know?
if you could pm me that would be great

Bogart
07-28-2006, 09:22 AM
I will be going to the show, and hopefully I can get good floor seats. However, im pissed off that I didn't have an oppurtunity to get pre-sale tix.

mormegil
07-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Question:

Could it be beneficial to try calling to buy tickets as opposed to refreshing a web page until you're blocked? Or are your chances for good seats basically the same?

mercurykeith
07-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Question:

Could it be beneficial to try calling to buy tickets as opposed to refreshing a web page until you're blocked? Or are your chances for good seats basically the same?

I'd say your chances are better on the net really.

Hetaera
07-28-2006, 05:13 PM
yeee!!!

I am so excited...
My first Tool concert as well... and its on my moms birthday. ha.
Im suprising my husband with the tickets, because he has no idea they go on sale tomorrow!
hope to see you all there!

BÄR intonation
07-29-2006, 05:55 AM
Im getting excited. 5 minutes until they go onsale!!!

Hetaera
07-29-2006, 06:11 AM
Got them!

HookerWithPenis
yep me too got 2 section 116

BÄR intonation
Damn!!! No pit tickets. Oh well, I got section 114 Row F.

mercurykeith
07-29-2006, 06:12 AM
Sec 102 Row J mofo's! My only concern, after I got the tickets, is that I might not be able to take in the screen show. Oh well, those are still awesome seats.

friskysman
07-29-2006, 06:13 AM
Got 2 section 102. Can't wait

DeepDepth
07-29-2006, 06:14 AM
See you there BAR, same spot, seats 7-8

Drainer
07-29-2006, 06:15 AM
Sec: FLR4

Row: J

Seat: 5

HELL YEA!

Bogart
07-29-2006, 06:18 AM
Damn, floor tickets sold quickly.
I got section 103 row J

Goatfish
07-29-2006, 06:19 AM
FLR2
Row U
Seats 7-8

Woke up ten minutes too late!

mercurykeith
07-29-2006, 06:20 AM
Got 2 section 102. Can't wait

What row?

Hetaera
07-29-2006, 06:20 AM
FLR6
row P
seats 10 - 11

Pu_shitonme
07-29-2006, 06:22 AM
FLR4
row Y
seats 11-12

and curiously no one to go with...

Goatfish
07-29-2006, 06:29 AM
Anyone know if you should buy garage parking tickets???

DeepDepth
07-29-2006, 06:44 AM
I did, just to be worry free of any potential hold-ups, but I don't know the area nor do I have a guess at how many people will be at the show.

Bogart
07-29-2006, 06:45 AM
I dont think it would be necessary, you will be able to find a garage to park in.

Goatfish
07-29-2006, 06:53 AM
I dont think it would be necessary, you will be able to find a garage to park in.

Yeah, just looked at an area map and it looks ok. Hopefully I can get there early enough to not have to worry about it

Fahque L
07-29-2006, 07:15 AM
hey guys i live in grandview (suburb right near nationwide).
Dont buy the garage tickets!!!!!!

there are other parking places and honestly the best parking option is to go north on Neil Ave. about one or two blocks and there is a Giant Eagle or Kroger Grocery Store with enormous wal-mart style parking lot. I have gone to two shows at nationwide by parking there for free and walking to the show which takes maybe 10 minutes.

I was clicking and ready to go with two credit card accounts set up right at 10 am and still the best I did on tickets was..

113 Row D Seats 13+14
113 Row W 7-8
105 Row N 14-15
112 Row R 15-16

I wanted 6 together but didnt want the really bad seats it was offering.

See you all there.

Kev1326
07-29-2006, 07:21 AM
Got my ticket! Funny I almost had the Floor 4 row J ticket too. Only a 2 row upgrade from what I originally got.

Which is: Floor 4, Row M seat 8

The lucky SOB in front of me got Floor 2 Row B or D (i think). Oh well, hopefully it'll still be a good show. Surprised at how huge this show is here in Columbus.

mormegil
07-29-2006, 07:37 AM
Any idea if the floor seats will be numbered so that seat one is on the aisle or the other end of the row? (I have seats one and two)

mercurykeith
07-29-2006, 07:47 AM
So did anyone get anything really awesome? I'm kind of surprised here, I bet they'll release some of the best seats a few days before the show.

Attila
07-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Yeah I got Floor 1, Row Y, Seat 5. That was on my third try about 10:13. Gotta bust my ass there from band practice ending at 6:30 at Ohio University in Athens. Anyone have a guess as to how long Isis will most likely play?

PAR1SkAtEr
07-29-2006, 08:39 AM
FLR6
Row G
Seats 3-5

HookerWithPenis
07-29-2006, 08:57 AM
damn i was on there at 10:00 on the dot and the best i got was section 116 row w but that is like right by the stage but to the left so I think it will be awesome enough. be a 5 hour drive from where I live though.

thanks for the parking tip congrats to you guys that got floor

PAR1SkAtEr
07-29-2006, 09:00 AM
damn i was on there at 10:00 on the dot and the best i got was section 116 row w but that is like right by the stage but to the left so I think it will be awesome enough. be a 5 hour drive from where I live though.

thanks for the parking tip congrats to you guys that got floor

Dang, did you select Best Available? I went with Floor tickets, waited around 2 minutes and got an error from ticketmaster, so I went back, put 3 tickets for floor again, and my wait time went all the way up to 15 minutes(which took about 4 minutes) and still got floor tickets.

Attila
07-29-2006, 09:02 AM
Yeah, I got pretty lucky. My first was Floor 6. Then I got 116. Then I tried again and got Floor 1. This is gonna kick ass.

HookerWithPenis
07-29-2006, 09:09 AM
yeah i selected best available. I had firefox looking for some and then internet explorer lookin for some 116 was best that came up

o well im going thats all that matters. I may buy some floors from ebay if i can get lucky and find some cheaps and then sell mine on there

edit: mercury keith what makes you think you wont be able to see screen show. Im in 116 which is same spot as you just across arena. Hopefully angle will be good seats. There close but angled i hope this doesnt suck. Ive never seen Tool live before so if anyone has had similar seats (meaning close/angled) let me know how they are.

Edit AGAIN: if you go to www.nationwidearena.com and look at the seating chart they give you a picture of what the view is from your section. So based on that my seat is pretty good.

friskysman
07-29-2006, 09:38 AM
What row?

Row U, unfortunately. I messed up by having two browser windows open at once and had to go to the back of the line or I'm guessing I would have been closer. Guess I know not to do that next time.

Kinesthesis
07-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Section 115 Row R

Might just have a chauffeur friend of mine roll the 4 of us out in a stretched Lincoln. Show some respect and arrive in style.

Hetaera
07-29-2006, 10:35 AM
Im so not paying for parking...
I'd rather take the cota than pay for parking.

mercurykeith
07-29-2006, 01:47 PM
yeah i selected best available. I had firefox looking for some and then internet explorer lookin for some 116 was best that came up

o well im going thats all that matters. I may buy some floors from ebay if i can get lucky and find some cheaps and then sell mine on there

edit: mercury keith what makes you think you wont be able to see screen show. Im in 116 which is same spot as you just across arena. Hopefully angle will be good seats. There close but angled i hope this doesnt suck. Ive never seen Tool live before so if anyone has had similar seats (meaning close/angled) let me know how they are.

Edit AGAIN: if you go to www.nationwidearena.com and look at the seating chart they give you a picture of what the view is from your section. So based on that my seat is pretty good.

I don't know, I always have this concern when I do lower bowl on the side for bands who use a screen show. I was worried about some NIN tickets I had in Cleveland last year that were about in the same spot in Gund and it turned out fine. I think it's just how those seating charts look.

Actually, after looking at the interactive seating chart, I think we'll be fine. Folks in 101 or 117 might have a problem if they sell those. I saw Tool from basically that same location on Maynard's side once and couldn't see the screens, but I did have a fantastic view of the band where others really didn't.

tnjay5
07-29-2006, 01:55 PM
Has anyone who ordered ticketfast tickets got them yet?

Hetaera
07-29-2006, 04:53 PM
yeah I got them about ten minutes after I completed my order...
now if only I could find the cable to my printer!

Bogart
07-29-2006, 06:59 PM
I was pretty disappointed about not getting floor tix, but after checking the Nationwide website and looking at the view of my seats i'm pretty excited now.

mercurykeith
07-30-2006, 07:38 AM
Man I hope I'm not fucked by the angle there, but regardless, I'm going to be watching Tool so it should be great.

DeepDepth
07-30-2006, 07:59 AM
Thus begins the longest 53 days of my life =/

friskysman
07-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Man I hope I'm not fucked by the angle there, but regardless, I'm going to be watching Tool so it should be great.

I'm a little worried about the angle too but I'm more interested in seeing the band than the screen show so hopefully I'll be okay in that respect.

mercurykeith
07-30-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm a little worried about the angle too but I'm more interested in seeing the band than the screen show so hopefully I'll be okay in that respect.

I don't think you'll miss anything there. I just want the full effect, but it will be good regardless.

APT
07-30-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm pretty pissed at my buddy who was in charge of getting the tickets. He had section 115 row M up but then he waited longer than 2 minutes to check out so he trys again and just got the next pair that popped up which happened to be section 113 row W!!! WTF!!!!! Calling him a dumbass would be an understatement.

Attila
07-31-2006, 04:36 AM
Personally I would rather have section 113. But, that's just me. Does anyone have a guess as to how long Isis will play?

Fahque L
07-31-2006, 09:21 AM
I was there at 10 am and trying for lower bowl the whole time. I wanted something in 107 to 111 and had to settle for 113, 112, and 105 which still involved a lot of clicking. Im not one to take chances on getting the side section seats and HOPING nothing blocks my view.

Opening band probably 40 minutes. I would expect Tool at 9 or 9:15 pm. Play til right around 11 pm. Just my expectations.

PAR1SkAtEr
07-31-2006, 10:29 AM
Dang, they must really be wanting to sell tickets. You can select up to 50, but you get no results. I tried 30 tickets and they all came up to buy.

mormegil
07-31-2006, 10:35 AM
PAR1SkAtEr, I'll be fairly close to you. FLR6, row E, seats 1 and 2.

APT
07-31-2006, 07:43 PM
Personally I would rather have section 113. But, that's just me. Does anyone have a guess as to how long Isis will play?

Why? Did you see the views from 115 and 113?

Attila
08-01-2006, 01:31 AM
Yeah. I guess I am just not crazy about seeing them from the side. But again, that's my personal opinion. I'd rater see it from a more straight on perspective. If I were going to sit in the regular seats I would try to get section 110 or 108. But, I guess I can see the pros and cons of sitting in either type of section.

Anaemic
08-01-2006, 06:52 AM
I live in Westerville, but my bf lives in the arena district, so we are just walking from his place to the show. Fuck paying for parking.

I got 3rd row floor tickets.

HookerWithPenis
08-01-2006, 11:27 AM
when are the tickets usually printed and shipped out via standard mail?

ballman17
08-01-2006, 01:33 PM
I just purchased tickets,yeah i know im late, but i got a straight ahead view like i wanted. The tickets are in section 108, but the odd thing is that it says "lower bowl club terrace tables." Has anyone that has been to the venue know what this is all about? Im looking on the arena site and its talking about a full bar behind the seats and a private table and things. Am i to assume this is for Blue Jacket games only?

Bogart
08-01-2006, 08:32 PM
So what bar do you guys want to meet at?

A Spirit of Radio
08-02-2006, 06:38 AM
i got FLR 6
row v
seats 1-4
does anyone know yet if seat 1 starts to the middle or the outside of the row?

there are many many bars and places to eat in the arena district. go to http://www.arena-district.com/ for info on this area. i would love to meet up with some other people before the show.

DeepDepth
08-03-2006, 04:28 AM

The one with the cheapest booze =)

Bogart
08-03-2006, 06:27 PM
The one with the cheapest booze =)
The first round is on you

A Spirit of Radio
08-07-2006, 07:06 AM
local radio station is having a pre-concert party at the wild boar.
might be fun.
of course i will be at sound check with the band.

heehee dream on...................

paraology
08-08-2006, 04:48 AM
I need a few tix for this show. Can anyone on here hook me up? All thats left on ticketmaster is upper bowl. I want some closer.

DeepDepth
08-08-2006, 05:29 AM
The first round is on you

Natural Ice, Milwaukee’s Best , Keystone , and Pabst Blue Ribbon will be your choices.

Choose wisely

HookerWithPenis
08-08-2006, 11:22 AM
i was just wondering about the area that this is in. Do i have to worry about gettin killed walking to the venue or is it safe. Also I wont get car jacked or anythign will I?

geiger
08-09-2006, 06:32 AM
Probably the best bet for drinks before the show would be R Bar right across from the arena on Nationwide, good prices. Places like Frog bear and O'shaugnessey's will likely jack up their prices the night of the show.

HWP, you should have no worries about the neighborhood, very safe and a decent district security/police presence.

I love living next to the arena :)

euphorias_prisoner
08-09-2006, 12:34 PM
We're traveling up from Nashville to see the show. Anyone from the area know if the Red Roof right there by the arena would be a good place to stay? If not please give me some other suggestions. Thanks

collapsed shell
08-09-2006, 05:30 PM
We're traveling up from Nashville to see the show. Anyone from the area know if the Red Roof right there by the arena would be a good place to stay? If not please give me some other suggestions. Thanks

red roof is probably fine never been though.

if you got the money and want something different go to the lofts.

euphorias_prisoner
08-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Yea I was thinking the Lofts would be cool, but I have some tightwad friends. Maybe your advice will help convince them b/c I get tired of staying in "cookie cutter" motels. Thanks man

BÄR intonation
08-22-2006, 08:41 AM
i was just wondering about the area that this is in. Do i have to worry about gettin killed walking to the venue or is it safe. Also I wont get car jacked or anythign will I?

There are parking garages everywhere, with cops everywhere. Very safe area. Mostly just a bunch of frat dudes there.

katelyn
08-23-2006, 05:19 AM
We got 2 tickets in section 116 row b. We are driving all the way up from Orlando to see the show - 12 hour car ride . . . fuck.

euphorias_prisoner
08-25-2006, 03:12 PM
We got 2 tickets in section 116 row b. We are driving all the way up from Orlando to see the show - 12 hour car ride . . . fuck.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it takes about 11 hours to get from here to Orlando and its going to be about a 6 hour drive for us to the show. So you're looking at more like 16-17 hours. You guys might wanna leave a day early and stay somewhere so you won't be total zombies when you get to the show.

katelyn
08-25-2006, 04:17 PM
That's what we were planning on doing. My brother-in-law lives in SC so we are gonna drive up and stay with him for a day then drive over to OH. We have some vacation time so we are going to just make a trip out of it and stay in a cabin in TN for a few days after. Still going to be a helluva drive . . . lots of miles on my car

BÄR intonation
08-29-2006, 11:40 AM
23 MORE DAYS FUCKERS!!!!!

katelyn
08-31-2006, 09:01 AM
3 WEEKS / 21 MORE DAYS!! I think I just wet myself . . .

otisarungus
09-01-2006, 01:40 AM
I have two extra tickets: Sec 110, Row U, the section that faces the stage straight on.

Face value is $108.30. I live in Columbus and will meet up or ship the tickets.

Email: supersonic4evah at hotmail dot com

Jughead
09-01-2006, 10:41 AM

Thats crazy. After the show I am headed back to Lexington, KY for the night, then headed to Nashville for a Built to Spill show at City Hall in Nashville.

Drgonzo1977
09-01-2006, 04:10 PM
i've got seats in section 102 row W seats 3-4-5. does anyone think this will be too close or at too sever of a side angle to see the band as well as the visuals on the stage?

Also which way are the seats numbered?. ! being on the asilse closer to the stage or the ailse further from the stage?

HookerWithPenis
09-03-2006, 06:49 PM
drgonzo1977 go to nationwides website.

www.nationwidearena.com they have a seating chart with photos from each section.

here is direct link to it http://nationwidearena.com/seating/# its end stage 360 chart

not.jesse.cantrall
09-05-2006, 04:44 AM
I've got two tickets to this show. 53.50 face value. These seats are section 115 row P seat 13/14. I'd much rather sell them both at once. My email is [email protected]

katelyn
09-11-2006, 08:11 AM

So where is everyone meeting before the show?

collapsed shell
09-11-2006, 11:18 AM
i've got two for sale. they're a bit to the side, but row a in the section so you don't have anyone in front of you.

with everything from ticketmaster they were around 63 a piece and i will sell for the price i paid.

nexus11313
09-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Has anyone seen a concert here before? I have floor seats and was wondering how well I'd be able to see. Is it just folding chairs bolted to the floor or will those near the back actually be able to see the stage well? Also, am I correct to assume that there will be alcohol for sale. Thanks, I appreciate any info...

collapsed shell
09-11-2006, 06:04 PM
for sure beer and other drinks at venue

don't know about floor seats. its chairs which have their positives and negatives.

DeepDepth
09-13-2006, 05:32 AM
So where is everyone meeting before the show?

Only eight more days, we should get this figured out.

nexus11313
09-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Surely this sickness and postponements won't effect this show, will it?

HookerWithPenis
09-13-2006, 02:56 PM
hope not because I have a Rolling Stones Concert the following week.

euphorias_prisoner
09-13-2006, 10:28 PM
for sure beer and other drinks at venue

don't know about floor seats. its chairs which have their positives and negatives.

Hopefully the venue will be smart enough to remove the seats, if not they might just get smashed into the floor.

Tone Loc
09-15-2006, 06:35 AM
Only 6 days now.

collapsed shell
09-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Hopefully the venue will be smart enough to remove the seats, if not they might just get smashed into the floor.

well the only thing is, is that i thought floor seats were already assinged when you bought tickets.

who knows though

nexus11313
09-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Ya, the tickets I've seen have assigned seats for the floor. I paid enough for these 2 fuckers so they better row H like they say.

nexus11313
09-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Also, I know people were talking about hanging out before the show, but does anyone know of any cool bars or places to grab a few drinks before/after?

Bogart
09-15-2006, 10:09 PM

All venues in Ohio have a ban on general admission on the floor, I think they made an exception when Bruce Springsteen came to town though.

No one has mentioned anything about meeting up somewhere before the show, I would be up for hanging out at a bar and having a few beers...

a big stupid dumbass
09-16-2006, 02:41 PM
So has there been a conclusion as to where people are going to meet up before the show? I'm coming from Muncie, IN and will probably be in the area about 3 hours before the show starts. My friend and I need to kill some time before hand and spending it with some of you people sounds like fun. Also, does anyone know if I will be able to take a pad of paper and a pencil in with me? Even if it is a small pad. My guess is that I won't, but I want accurate records for my review, I'm a nerd like that.

I don't know the area, anyone that does, suggest a nearby place to meet-up and drink/talk/laugh/die of excitement

HookerWithPenis
09-16-2006, 03:57 PM
any idea how strict camera policy is?

id like to take a few actual good looking photos but I'll probably only be taking shitty ones with my phone lol

nexus11313
09-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the info Schism, I was getting worried when I read about the moshing to Wings/10K.

PAR1SkAtEr
09-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Concert is coming soon!!! Oh man, I hope they play The Pot!

datripplen
09-17-2006, 07:59 PM
ok.... I sold both of my good tickets. BUT I have two left. I'm going to use one. Who wants the other one? Oh yeah... Did I mention it's FREE? (It's not a great seat that's why section 217 forget what row off the top of my head) So I'll have a little mini contest if you want to go and don't yet have a ticket and want to go for free. Just tell me what you're willing to do or why you think you deserve it. Email [email protected]

otisarungus
09-18-2006, 02:28 AM
Ohio does not have a ban on GA seating. I've seen dozens of shows at every venue around and many have been GA. I think Nationwide just prefers to have seats on the floor.

Actually I think last time Tool was in town the seats were GA. But that was at the Schott.

I still have 2 in section 110 if anybody needs them. Face value.

katelyn
09-18-2006, 05:10 AM
I don't know the area, anyone that does, suggest a nearby place to meet-up and drink/talk/laugh/die of excitement

Suggestions? I'm from out of town too and would like to get a couple of drinks before the show.

veikley
09-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Suggestions? I'm from out of town too and would like to get a couple of drinks before the show.

I will be there with about 4 friends or so. If anyone wants to get a good beer, there is a bar next to nationwide on the east side called Frog Bear and Wild Boar. They serve some different micro brewery beers. I am 6' 6" and will have a brown Guinness hat on.

a big stupid dumbass
09-18-2006, 02:21 PM
"a bar next to nationwide on the east side called Frog Bear and Wild Boar. They serve some different micro brewery beers. I am 6' 6" and will have a brown Guinness hat on."

Let's plan on this place to meet up....I'll be looking for the Guiness Hat. I'm a tall blonde guy and my friend will have a mohawk in case we get there before you. Anyone else that wants to meet can come as well....don't be scared, I don't think I'm the typical douche-bag tool fan, and hopefully anyone who wants to come and have a good beer before a good show won't be either.

See you all there!!!

nexus11313
09-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Sounds like a good plan...My buddy and I are typical college guys that like to drink and have a good time. Hopefully we'll get to meet some other cool fans too.

veikley
09-18-2006, 05:02 PM
[QUOTE=a big stupid dumbass;1410647]"

I don't think I'm the typical douche-bag tool fan

LOL
I would have to say I am not a douche-bag as well but that is a matter of opinion. If you dont spot my hat just look for the tall guy drinking Guinness.

tip for you out of towners
If you want to park for free you can take nationwide blvd down past the arena heading west. Cross Neil ave and there are streets on the south side (left) where you can park for free on the street. Thats usually where I park for hockey games.

You have to pay to park near the bar. There is a parking garage right across the street thats like 7 bucks or something. But if you dont mind walking 2-3 blocks you can buy me a beer with your savings :)

HookerWithPenis
09-18-2006, 05:26 PM
if any of u guys would like to buy me some beer that would be great Sadly im Only 19 lol

veikley
09-18-2006, 06:16 PM
any idea how strict camera policy is?

id like to take a few actual good looking photos but I'll probably only be taking shitty ones with my phone lol

nationwide wont let you in with a camera unless you can hide it well

this may hurt a little but its something youll get used to..relax..slip away.......

otisarungus
09-18-2006, 08:47 PM
I've got a suggestion: Say hi to all the fratboys at Frog Bear Wild Boar for me. Every bar within 5 blocks is better than that bullshit place. You guys will be out of there before the 2nd techno/nu-metal song gets to the chorus.

Try: The R Bar (my favorite), O'Shaunessy's (sp?), and the Red Star Tavern (a little pricier but nice and lots of beers on tap). They're all right next to the arena.

Kinesthesis
09-19-2006, 06:35 AM
When you see the black stretched roll up, come over for a beer.

Jimmy Stinkfist
09-19-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm in Floor2, Row K, Seats 5 and 6. I'm glad that they have actual seats instead of GA because I want to watch and enjoy the show and not worry about moshing.
By the way, my girlfriend and I are staying at the Hyatt which is apparently across the street. Does anybody know anything about that hotel?

blue laCe meaSLe
09-19-2006, 09:27 AM
thanx for the parking tip veikley, if you see me around one of the bars before the show (will be wearing army cap w/ sideways big red one) sound off and i might get you that beer, that is if i have any money left over after gas.

blue laCe meaSLe
09-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Ohio does not have a ban on GA seating. I've seen dozens of shows at every venue around and many have been GA. I think Nationwide just prefers to have seats on the floor.

Actually I think last time Tool was in town the seats were GA. But that was at the Schott.

i saw tool @ US bank arena in cincinnati '01. seems like they did have seats in the floor section. if i did have floor seats i think i would prefer this anyways due to the posts on recent shows about the moshing idiots. kinda uncalled for @ a tool show, more like going to the opera than a rock show...

A Spirit of Radio
09-19-2006, 11:50 AM
5th row floow in front of Adam. :)

Fahque L
09-19-2006, 12:29 PM
I gave a parking tip earlier in here and I will do so again. If you go west of the arena to Neil ave and go north on Neil (under the I-670 bridge) there will be a Giant Eagle grocery store on your left. You can park in that massive lot for free and walk 10 minutes to the arena.

All of the smaller venues in ohio have open floor GA. I believe the seated vs. standing room floor is at the venue/tour manager request/discretion.

waitingforgodot
09-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Oh crap. The show tonight in Madison is cancelled. I hope this doesn't mean bad news for us as Columbus is next in line.

capthowdy1027
09-19-2006, 12:47 PM
Oh crap. The show tonight in Madison is cancelled. I hope this doesn't mean bad news for us as Columbus is next in line.

yeah, no kidding. my "ex" friend took back my tickets, so i had to go buy new ones today. last time i was supposed to see them was in '01 and it got cancelled, i'll probably cry if this one does too.

stevielouie
09-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Well Maynard has tonight, tomorrow, and all day Thursday (probably till about 9pm) to recover from his illness......i say better Madison than Columbus. :-)

nexus11313
09-19-2006, 03:24 PM
I have a bad feeling about this...Being from Ohio hopefully he'll muster up the strength to go out and put on a good show. I've been looking forward to this shit for so long, I'll be SO PISSED if they have to cancel...

tomb_45662
09-19-2006, 04:04 PM

Theres a lot of parking garages down there that are cheaper, there's one off of long street that I use a lot, its always 5 bucks. You have to walk an extra block or two and go over the train tracks, its where we always park when we go to Bluejacket agmes.
Tom

tomb_45662
09-19-2006, 04:11 PM
I just purchased tickets,yeah i know im late, but i got a straight ahead view like i wanted. The tickets are in section 108, but the odd thing is that it says "lower bowl club terrace tables." Has anyone that has been to the venue know what this is all about? Im looking on the arena site and its talking about a full bar behind the seats and a private table and things. Am i to assume this is for Blue Jacket games only?

Ballman, I'm in section 108 also. The full bar should be open but prepare to get carded every time you get something. Nationwide was cited a cple different times for liqour violations awhile back so now they card EVERYBODY. The "lower bowl" section is the first section of seats that go all the way around the floor area where the ice is normally for the Bluejacket games.

tool/rush/mars
09-19-2006, 04:28 PM
there was an ohio thread in the other section of this forum and now its gone

NOT TIGHT

veikley
09-19-2006, 05:49 PM
anyone know if its definitely maynard that is sick? i havent read any specifics on whats goin on. might be a good time to pick up some tickets for the pitt show....

nexus11313
09-19-2006, 06:04 PM
All of the other reviews quote Maynard as saying he was still sick and that his "doctor advised against singing" certain songs so I would assume so.

Point Grinder
09-19-2006, 06:45 PM
The front row of the Utah show was not only sweet, but the best show I've ever seen.
Flying from Columbus to Utah in a drunken mess wth my three best friends and playing the best "air guitar "of all time, I hope the Columbus concert adds up.
NOT ON ACID!

friskysman
09-19-2006, 06:52 PM
I thought I read somewhere else a rumor that it was Justin that was sick. So who knows. Just keep your fingers crossed and check the website often up until you leave for the show.

Point Grinder
09-19-2006, 07:09 PM
I will be there with about 4 friends or so. If anyone wants to get a good beer, there is a bar next to nationwide on the east side called Frog Bear and Wild Boar. They serve some different micro brewery beers. I am 6' 6" and will have a brown Guinness hat on.

Grove City in the HOUSE!
We'll catch a ride with you.
LOL

veikley
09-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Grove City in the HOUSE!
We'll catch a ride with you.
LOL

I just hope I get to go to a show Thursday....

lurkerguy
09-19-2006, 08:33 PM

NOT TIGHT

umm, page two?

Both Cleveland and Columbus still there.

tool/rush/mars
09-20-2006, 04:00 AM
listen, maynard is not gonna NOT play in Ohio ITS WHERE HE WAS BORN DUDES

conatsas
09-20-2006, 05:41 AM
anyone know what time they have been coming on? Im gonna be cutting it close.

Curbed Enthusiast
09-20-2006, 06:10 AM
anyone know what time they have been coming on? Im gonna be cutting it close.

At the very earliest 9. But most likely around 9:15.

I'm very excited about this show. I hope Maynard is feeling better (and/or ticket sales are adequate), as I've been looking forward to this for quite a while.

Bogart
09-20-2006, 06:56 AM

NOT TIGHT

Its still there, but no one is supposed to post until after the show...hence concert reviews.

datripplen
09-20-2006, 07:01 AM
Can anyone confirm yet that this still is going to go as scheduled? I'm worried....as are a lot of you I'm sure.

blue laCe meaSLe
09-20-2006, 07:13 AM
Can anyone confirm yet that this still is going to go as scheduled? I'm worried....as are a lot of you I'm sure.

i just callec ticketmaster/nationwide arena, as of now the show is still on, they said to call tomorrow morning to confirm and that they wait until promoters contact them w/ cancellations...

isthesystemdown
09-20-2006, 07:43 AM
ok.... I sold both of my good tickets. BUT I have two left. I'm going to use one. Who wants the other one? Oh yeah... Did I mention it's FREE? (It's not a great seat that's why section 217 forget what row off the top of my head) So I'll have a little mini contest if you want to go and don't yet have a ticket and want to go for free. Just tell me what you're willing to do or why you think you deserve it. Email [email protected]

Damn dude I would, but I cant make it. I had tickets for the madison show, but you know how that goes.

capthowdy1027
09-20-2006, 09:37 AM
hey i could for sure use an extra ticket.

it sucks cause both shows have been cancelled day of show. i hate this waiting around to find out whats going on.

i just hope that if it does still happen as planned that Maynard sounds ok and we dont get a crap show.

geiger
09-20-2006, 12:15 PM
I've got a suggestion: Say hi to all the fratboys at Frog Bear Wild Boar for me. Every bar within 5 blocks is better than that bullshit place. You guys will be out of there before the 2nd techno/nu-metal song gets to the chorus.

Try: The R Bar (my favorite), O'Shaunessy's (sp?), and the Red Star Tavern (a little pricier but nice and lots of beers on tap). They're all right next to the arena.

I'll prolly be at R-bar. It's right across the street from the main entrance to the arena. You'd be lucky to get more than 1 drink before the show at Frog Bear.

HookerWithADick
09-20-2006, 12:47 PM
I sure hope Maynard is feeling better!!!! That would really piss me off if this was the second TOOL show that I had tickets for that was cancelled.

veikley
09-20-2006, 03:00 PM
I sure hope Maynard is feeling better!!!! That would really piss me off if this was the second TOOL show that I had tickets for that was cancelled.

i just hope its not maynard.....maybe just a 24 hr flu bug. please, please dont cancel the show...*crosses fingers

timthetoolfan
09-20-2006, 03:14 PM
i just callec ticketmaster/nationwide arena, as of now the show is still on, they said to call tomorrow morning to confirm and that they wait until promoters contact them w/ cancellations...

never been more worried about anything. . . hope he sucks it up and takes one for the team

a big stupid dumbass
09-20-2006, 05:46 PM

I'm worried because last night's show was listed as CANCELLED not POSTPONED. Two days of rest and that killer catering....I bet on shat beds by this time tomorrow night

blitzedge
09-20-2006, 06:18 PM
i'm driving clear from muncie, IN for this, i'd better be able to see this show.

a big stupid dumbass
09-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Hey Blitzedge, I'm driving from Muncie as well, What time are you leaving?? If the show is still happening of course.

Kev1326
09-20-2006, 07:09 PM
I hope this won't be cancelled. If it is, I hope they do a make up date, this is Maynard's home area. If this show is canned, I'll be highly pissed.

Bogart
09-20-2006, 07:37 PM
I just heard on the radio it looks pretty positive that the show will go on...keep the faith guys.

A Spirit of Radio
09-20-2006, 08:21 PM
what did they say on the radio? did they actually talk to a band member? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! i'm sick with worry.

veikley
09-20-2006, 08:53 PM
I just heard on the radio it looks pretty positive that the show will go on...keep the faith guys.

was it 99.7 the blitz ?

Tone Loc
09-20-2006, 09:21 PM
Guys,

TOOL has never, in their history, cancelled two consecutive shows due to illness. This is a show at a major (ok, semi-major) venue, and Maynard has had plenty of rest.

Rest your little heads, my friends. The show must go on.

My limo will arrive at approximately 7:45.

veikley
09-20-2006, 10:27 PM
Guys,

TOOL has never, in their history, cancelled two consecutive shows due to illness. This is a show at a major (ok, semi-major) venue, and Maynard has had plenty of rest.

Rest your little heads, my friends. The show must go on.

My limo will arrive at approximately 7:45.

I'm more afraid that they put on a shortened setlist like in The Woodlands TX on 9/11

nexus11313
09-20-2006, 11:11 PM
Where exactly did you hear that the show will positively go on? I'm driving from Bloomington, IN (home of the only real University in the state) and will be awfully pissed if it turns out to be cancelled. Any info would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

Sevensins
09-21-2006, 12:29 AM
West Lafayette, IN (home of the only real University in the state)

fixed ;)

Jughead
09-21-2006, 03:23 AM
I am up ready for work... ready for some news... I'll be checking here all day.

mercurykeith
09-21-2006, 03:50 AM
I am up ready for work... ready for some news... I'll be checking here all day.

Same here, I know it's pretty early but still. If anybody hears anything please pass it along. Hope to see everyone tonight.

Darth Venome
09-21-2006, 04:09 AM
Where exactly did you hear that the show will positively go on? I'm driving from Bloomington, IN (home of the only real University in the state) and will be awfully pissed if it turns out to be cancelled. Any info would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

I am comingfrom Bloomington too. From what I have seen here so far, it looks positive. I am taking Nationwide Arenas phone number with me (614.246.2000), and will be calling on the road. I would rather turn around an hour into the trip, than get there to find the show cancelled.

phylleb
09-21-2006, 04:16 AM
maybe maynard cracked

capthowdy1027
09-21-2006, 04:37 AM
well today is the day my friends. lets all keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

i know i'll be calling the Nationwide a couple times today, and i will be sure to pass along any info they tell me, good or bad.

blitzedge
09-21-2006, 04:39 AM
i'll probably leave around 4:45. i've got a shitload of stuff to do today. when are you leaving?

capthowdy1027
09-21-2006, 05:00 AM
ill be heading out from Cincinnati around 4.30 or 5, hopefully getting there around 6.30 maybe 7.

i'm hoping to stop at a bar for a few minutes before the show. and if i miss any of Isis i wont really care.

by the way i'm in section 210, Row L, seats 22 & 23.

i'll be wearing the black Tool shirt with the dude with the syringe in his mouth and a red hat that says 'Taxes are Stealing'.

Jughead
09-21-2006, 06:02 AM
Chelsea FC t-shirt

ballman17
09-21-2006, 06:09 AM
This is what i just got from Nationwide...

The trucks for the show have arrived and they have begun loading in the
show. We have no indications that it will be postponed or cancelled.
You may contact our venue at our main number at 246-2000 this afternoon
for any updates.

Cliff Clinger
Director of Marketing
NATIONWIDE ARENA / An SMG Managed Facility
200 West Nationwide Blvd.
Columbus OH 43215

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 10:43 PM
To: Cliff Clinger
Subject: NWA Question

fname :
lname :
email :
category : question
comments : I do not know if this is the correct avenue to ask
this, so if you could point me in the right direction it would be
greatly appreciated.

When will fans find out if the Tool show for tomorrow will be happening?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Bryan

capthowdy1027
09-21-2006, 06:15 AM
awesome post ballman, thanks so much. that finally put a smile on my face today :)

ballman17
09-21-2006, 06:26 AM
It did for me also when i got up this morning, a 15 hour drive from Tampa and no show would not have made my vacation. At least i know the OSU/PSU game will not be cancelled. =)

Anaemic
09-21-2006, 06:48 AM
OMG OMG OMG OMG.

Guy's...........................we are seeing Tool.

I've had a god awful week, this show will make everything alright.

I'll be on the floor, I'm a short chick with emo glasses, I'll be wearing a black tool shirt with 3rd eyes on the back. That description doesn't really help, I'm sure.

Dude
09-21-2006, 07:00 AM
Here's to hoping the show is still on and we don't get a gimped performance.

HookerWithPenis
09-21-2006, 07:12 AM
hopefully we get the full blown show and not a watered down version because of the sickness. Ill be leaving in about 30 mins heading up to columbus from nowhere kentucky for a 5 hour drive and I cant fucking wait

nexus11313
09-21-2006, 07:15 AM
My buddies and I are leaving around 2 cause it takes like 4 hours from Bloomington. Is Muncie really that much closer?

A Spirit of Radio
09-21-2006, 07:25 AM
so if we want a good show, then we gotta be a good audience.
let yourselves go!!!!!!!!!
i know i will in my 5th row floor seat on Adam's side. :)

veikley
09-21-2006, 07:58 AM
Hope to see some of you crazy mofos at the pre-concert party. Heres a link to the site in case you need directions or whatever. Like I said in the previous post its just ont he East side of nationwide for you out of towners. And yes this bar would be lame on a normal Thursday....but its Tool night.

http://www.thebigwazu.com/sections/contests/TOOL_Pre_Concert_Bash.htm

talerenbloodsong
09-21-2006, 08:18 AM
I just got off the line with Nationwide Arena, and they informed me the show is definately on tonight.

capthowdy1027
09-21-2006, 08:19 AM
i was just talking to my friend who lives in columbus and he said that alot of the bars right around the Nationwide have a dress code, and that jeans and a Tool shirt wont cut it to get in.

talerenbloodsong
09-21-2006, 08:21 AM
I've never had a problem getting into the bars around there dressed very casually after a hockey game or such.

nexus11313
09-21-2006, 08:34 AM
I just got off the line with Nationwide Arena, and they informed me the show is definately on tonight.

Music to my ears...

mixgrafix
09-21-2006, 08:34 AM
Have fun in C-bus at the show. I can't wait until tomorrow night in Auburn Hills!

Antcrusher
09-21-2006, 09:17 AM

Music to my ears as well! I won't be at the Columbus show, but I am going to the Detroit and the Toronto shows. I hope they're all feeling better, and I hope you guys get a great show!!

I'm looking forward to the reviews tomorrow. :) Have a great night!!!

Darth Venome
09-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Hope to see some of you crazy mofos at the pre-concert party. Heres a link to the site in case you need directions or whatever. Like I said in the previous post its just ont he East side of nationwide for you out of towners. And yes this bar would be lame on a normal Thursday....but its Tool night.

http://www.thebigwazu.com/sections/contests/TOOL_Pre_Concert_Bash.htm

I'm coming in from Bloomington, IN, and I think I'll check out the pre-party! I'll be wearing the orange "Bad Religion" shirt if anyone wants to say hi!

tomb_45662
09-21-2006, 09:25 AM
i was just talking to my friend who lives in columbus and he said that alot of the bars right around the Nationwide have a dress code, and that jeans and a Tool shirt wont cut it to get in.

Some of the bars/restaraunts around there have dress codes around but it's mostly to keep out so called "urban wear". It's been decried as racist/elitist but that's what's been going on at some of the bars/clubs down there. There's one called gordon bersiceh something that wont let people in wearing sports jereseys, hats to the side, bandannas, etc.

Frog bear wild boar is having a pre show party sponsered by 107.1 the wazu, it's one of the metal/hard rock stations in Columbus. Its on the east side of the arena.

veikley
09-21-2006, 09:35 AM
If anyone has a decent xtra ticket for sale, hit me up at Frog Bear if your there....tall dude with a brown guinness hat/Bardo Being Tool shirt. I have another friend comin thats gonna need a ticket. He will probably buy the first ticket he can get.

DeepDepth
09-21-2006, 09:39 AM
So, anyone know how security usually is around there? They cool, or should I leave teh pot at home?

Jughead
09-21-2006, 09:42 AM
So, anyone know how security usually is around there? They cool, or should I leave teh pot at home?

oh yea, i wanna bring my camera. do i have to stick it up my ass?

Opiate Son
09-21-2006, 09:44 AM

just put it down your pants (or bra if you are female or a cross dresser) you'll be fine.

p.s. just called the arena, show is still on, the girl that answered sounded like she was tired of telling people........she just doesn't understand!

friskysman
09-21-2006, 09:49 AM
I like how so many of you have seemingly been planning for ages what you're going to wear. I will be the guy wearing jeans. I also have hair. See you there!

veikley
09-21-2006, 09:52 AM
I like how so many of you have seemingly been planning for ages what you're going to wear. I will be the guy wearing jeans. I also have hair. See you there!

I wear pretty much the same thing everyday...black shirt with a guinness hat. I guess my style points are lacking but hey...its all comfortable to me.

nexus11313
09-21-2006, 09:54 AM
Can't believe its finally here...hope to meet some of you guys before/during/after...enjoy!

Jughead
09-21-2006, 09:56 AM
I gotta work tomorrow but I can be late. My boss is going to the show as well and is taking the morning off. But that still means I won't get home til' like 3:00am. Oh well, its worth it!

capthowdy1027
09-21-2006, 09:56 AM

haha, i got up, and got dressed. then happened to post what im wearing today.

Save me if you will
09-21-2006, 10:12 AM
post reviews right when you get home in the review section please. I'm going to the show in detroit tommorow so i'm pumped.

talerenbloodsong
09-21-2006, 10:45 AM
I'll be too fubared after the show to post much of anything.

capthowdy1027
09-21-2006, 11:04 AM
my post will be here probably about 1 or 2am or so.

Antcrusher
09-21-2006, 11:07 AM
I'll be too fubared after the show to post much of anything.

Those are the best posts!!

Kev1326
09-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Well, I'm glad the show is on. I'll be there. I have the floor, I also plan on checking out the preshow party at the Frog and Boar. I should be there around 6:30 -7 pm. I'm getting dropped off, mainly cause I don't wanna pay for parking, my own car sucks, and mostly if I'm gonna do some drinking it's best to not drive. I'll be there not sure what I'll wear, jeans or khakis and some shirt. That narrows it huh. Hope to meet some intelligent or semi-intelligent people there. Last time I stood next to some know it all who knew nothing.

capthowdy1027
09-21-2006, 11:31 AM
can somebody give me a better idea where this Frog and Boar place is?

veikley
09-21-2006, 11:37 AM
can somebody give me a better idea where this Frog and Boar place is?

right next to nationwide arena on the east side

capthowdy1027
09-21-2006, 11:39 AM
awesome thanks.
well thats where i shall be before the show.

KATtheZEB
09-21-2006, 11:44 AM
I'm psyched about tomorrows show in Detroit. Can't wait the hear how it goes for you guys in Columbus. Hope all is well with the band and MJK doesn't strain his vocals and cancel or postpone tomorrow. Enjoy the fucking show!!!!

peace out

Bogart
09-21-2006, 11:55 AM
I hope everyone enjoys the show tonight...I was worried it was going to be cancelled, but all is well now. Hopefully my buddy comes through with the shrooms.

Anaemic
09-21-2006, 12:06 PM
Anyone have an idea for when the show will be over? I was thinking between 11 and 11:30.

Just wondering, I have to find a ride back to Westerville.

capthowdy1027
09-21-2006, 12:19 PM
i think they all end at 11 or so.

where is westerville?

Opiate Son
09-21-2006, 12:42 PM
i think they all end at 11 or so.

where is westerville?

it's a suburb about 20-30 minutes from downtown. everyone have a great time tonight, hope to see you all there. be safe driving and have fun!

capthowdy1027
09-21-2006, 01:06 PM
hell yeah man.
we're about to walk out the door.

TTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLL!!!!!!!!!!!111111

veikley
09-21-2006, 08:54 PM
hell yeah man.
we're about to walk out the door.

TTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLL!!!!!!!!!!!111111

unreal show...unreal....scheduled a massage for tomorrow, my neck is killing me.

TOOL OWNS

Antcrusher
09-22-2006, 04:20 AM
Where are the effing reviews! Come on people.

StubAdub78
09-22-2006, 10:28 AM
Excellent, excellent show, seen 'em 4 times now 3 of them in '02
couldn't tell he was getting over being sick at all....flawless. However i do have two things to say and i think most people will agree with, or at least one of them, Tee-Shirts used to be 30 bucks which was pushing it but that was fine, concert tee, 30 bucks OK np, now there 38-43!!! sweatshirts for 70..... WTF! again WTF. seems a little pricey for someone (TOOL) that i would like to think of as "Not all about the money"

The other thing is why has Tool always been so GD anal about camera's/pics?
They rarley put out concert vids, I would be more than happy to buy one, they go out of the way to put a stop to anything of the sort, If you read this Maynard please do us all a favor and answer these 2 questions, some kind of justification would be nice. Its your band, your rules, thats fine, i respect that but it would be nice to know why.....people would kill to be able to get vids of the shows they've been to.. and the thing is.... im not selling, they are for ME. Having a guy in black come over to me last night in Columbus and telling me and i quote "I DONT WORK FOR THESE GUYS........I WORK FOR MAYNARD, MAYNARD SENT ME UP HERE." and escort me out to the front at the very end of the show is B.S. Especially when there's 8000 out of 20000 people with camera phones all around me. Come on...WTF.

Apparently Maynard or as i suspect Adam Jones (being he looked dead at me for about 1 min, and then if you remember walked off stage for about 30 seconds a little bit before the encore started) sent there guy to my seat to personaly take my memory card and batteries is a bit much. Oh well didnt happen, Sorry guys.....i will always have my memories. I lOVE TooL and have always beeen a dedicated fan since '90.

Do what Les Claypool does, post Video of the shows online for purchase, that would make many people very happy and you would make alot of money off of it.

But honestly i really dont think they are like that because of the $$$, i really dont.

anyway i still love you guys and your music, theres nothing like it. keep up the good work.....peace