Pages : [1] 2

swaps
07-08-2006, 06:34 PM
Tool
American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
Thursday, September 14, 2006

tabula.rassa
07-09-2006, 04:20 PM
pleeease... as soon as anyone can find out when tix go on sale, and how much they will be, please post...

PeAcE...

question93
07-10-2006, 07:15 AM
Who is opening?

Nevermind. Isis is. =)

optimistic-pessimist
07-10-2006, 09:23 AM
I'll be hitting all 3 Texas dates... Should be great.

Sp00k
07-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Helllllllll yes. I'm there for Woodlands and Dallas shows.

Bitch Goddess Sunshine
07-11-2006, 06:26 AM
I have to make this show!!!

mattmav45
07-11-2006, 08:13 AM
It's about fucking time.

bluenote
07-11-2006, 01:00 PM
No word on tickets as far as I can find

toolgirly
07-12-2006, 09:02 AM
HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT!

tabula.rassa
07-12-2006, 07:57 PM
still haven't been able to find any idea of an onsale date or any other information at all for that matter...

i'm literally counting the moments until this show happens and i'm trying to get a schedule worked out with my job so that i can be sure to be off on the day tix go on sale...

i guess all i'm saying is if anyone sees/hears anything, please post it...

maybe i'm just being impatient....

maybe i'm just tired.

PeAcE...

Sp00k
07-12-2006, 08:16 PM
I've seen 3 shows that were announced the same day as the TX shows, post on Ticketmaster for an on-sale date of Jul 15th. Just keep an eye out on the evil ticket empire's site.

texan
07-13-2006, 06:12 AM
Concert ticket usually go on sale Saturday mornings, around 9 or 10:00 am. This Saturday could be the day. Anybody from Toolarmy know anything? I've seen tickets already on some sites but I'm skeptical. Have to check back on them. BTW, some shows go on sale on Friday afternoons. I remember buying tix for a SOAD show on a Friday afternoon around 5:00 pm.

Spiral out!

deftoolsys07
07-13-2006, 06:27 AM
ooooh fuck i'm goin.. i went to the last show at SMU, bought tickets from some asshole scalpers. hopefully it won't be like that this time

optimistic-pessimist
07-13-2006, 07:55 AM
ooooh fuck i'm goin.. i went to the last show at SMU, bought tickets from some asshole scalpers. hopefully it won't be like that this time

Not for a large venue show... unless it's the kind of place that has seats up close and you want to be close. For example, the Woodlands show in Houston will be like that... Unless of course, TOOLArmy decides to come through for the members.

texan
07-13-2006, 11:13 AM
tix for sa go on sale 7/22 on ticketa$$h0le.

solidabyss
07-13-2006, 07:45 PM
ahhh finally after five long years i get to see tool again. i hope to see all you there

tabula.rassa
07-13-2006, 08:45 PM
i can see that the San Antone tix go on sale at 10 am on 7/22, but i don't officially see Dallas...

i guess we can assume that the date will be the same though...

thanx texan. you're appreciated. hope to see you there...

PeAcE...

erin76
07-15-2006, 08:31 AM
I'm midly freaking out. I checked Tickmaster last week to see when concert tickets would go on sale...it didn't say. I checked again today and now it doesn't even have them as coming here. I went to American Airlines Center website...they do not have Tool down on their calender of events (when they were on the calender last week). Please, does anyone know what's going on??!!

abrack29
07-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Nice first post *rolls eyes*
Tool IS playing here September 14th, ticketmaster and AA are just being retards. Tickets most likely go on sale the 22nd at 10 AM CT.

erin76
07-15-2006, 12:27 PM
Nice first post *rolls eyes*
Tool IS playing here September 14th, ticketmaster and AA are just being retards. Tickets most likely go on sale the 22nd at 10 AM CT.
We've all been first time posters some time in our lives. Thanks for the warm invitation *rolls eyes*

erin76
07-15-2006, 12:46 PM
This is the link to American Airlines Calendar of events:

http://www.americanairlinescenter.com/index.cfm/FuseAction/page/PageID/74

unicornpaco
07-15-2006, 06:49 PM
fuck yes.
ill be at all three texas shows.
most definitely.
even if i become a paraplegic.
wait, especially if i become a paraplegic.

solidabyss
07-15-2006, 08:13 PM
next sat tickets are on sale

erin76
07-16-2006, 08:44 AM
You all are under a complete misapprehension if you think Tool is performing in Dallas. The deal was announced before it was finalized. AA center does not have Tool on there schedule...both on line and on the phone. Sales for the San Antonio show go on sale on the 22nd. Not for Dallas! Look it up yourselves!

goosenesque
07-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Maybe AA Center doesn't have it finalized, but I don't think Tool's management is going to accidently announce shows that don't exist. It's Tool, one of the greatest rock bands in history, their not going to post official tour dates on their site just for the hell of it. AA Center is ALWAYS behind when posting shows on their schedule. Trust me, this show is happening, we just need to be patient and wait for tickets.

Look, asshole scalpers already have some tickets for sale:

http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/Tickets.aspx?evtid=383064

optimistic-pessimist
07-16-2006, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't freak out that AA Center doesn't have it listed yet. That's not uncommon. But I also wouldn't assume that tickets go onsale next Sat. just because the San Antonio show is going onsale that day.

Edit: Besides, it's not like the AA Center is like McFarlin. This show isn't going to sell out in a matter of minutes.

goosenesque
07-16-2006, 01:52 PM
From www.toolband.com

Mon-Sep 11-06 The Woodlands, TX/Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion
Tue-Sep 12-06 San Antonio, TX/ AT&T Center
Thu-Sep 14-06 Dallas, TX/American Airlines Center

tabula.rassa
07-17-2006, 08:17 AM
i've now heard on the radio about 3 times that tix will go on sale on Saturday 22nd at 10am. a show on 105.3 just gave away advance tickets.

i guess that answers my question...

erin76
07-17-2006, 10:39 AM
Called Ticketmaster they said they have no confirmation of show in Dallas. Only San Antonio. San Antonio tickets go on sale the 22nd. Called AA center, talked to Kevin Melsbey, Event Coordinator. He said they have not booked the band.

bluenote
07-17-2006, 12:06 PM
erin76 is wearing me out.

goosenesque
07-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Erin, Ticketmaster OBVIOUSLY isn't going to tell you of any show that is not already on their site, and the same holds true for the AA Center. They're not going to say..."hey, we're waiting for them to sign the contract and send the deposit, so sit tight and we will have their show on the schedule once we get it confirmed." I'm sure the show is in the final stages of getting finalized, and when it gets confirmed we will all know the ticket information. I wouldn't put money on tickets coming out this Saturday (though it wouldn't surprise me), but I would bet 234213523 bucks that tickets WILL come out sometime in the next month.

xfalconx2
07-17-2006, 06:40 PM
http://www.kdge.com/cc-common/mainheadlines2.html?feed=104822&article=580530

question93
07-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Called Ticketmaster they said they have no confirmation of show in Dallas. Only San Antonio. San Antonio tickets go on sale the 22nd. Called AA center, talked to Kevin Melsbey, Event Coordinator. He said they have not booked the band.

It's rare that a venue ever directly books an event. There's usually this thing, called a "promoter" that books such things. So yeah, of course the AA center didn't book the band. The promoter that's going to make money off of bringing the band to town is the one making the booking.

And lookie there. The EDGE is the one booking the show!

haileys
07-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Hey anyone from TOOL ARMY? If you sign up do you the option of getting tickets before they go on sale first to the public?

Aggietool
07-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Tool army doesnt have anything listed yet.

optimistic-pessimist
07-19-2006, 01:30 PM
If memory serves, 4 years ago the presales were usually done on the Wednesday before tickets went onsale to the public. I don't expect there to be presales... at least for the shows going onsale this Saturday.

texan
07-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Ticketmaster has Dallas show on, erin. :)

What do you think will be the final cost, guys? With the fees and stuff being added by ticketmaster. Around $70?

mattmav45
07-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Ticketmaster has Dallas show on, erin. :)

What do you think will be the final cost, guys? With the fees and stuff being added by ticketmaster. Around $70?
My dad works for a radio station, so I'm going to get tickets without having to go through all the Ticketmaster bullshit. However, I want pit tickets, so does anyone know how much they will cost?

solidabyss
07-19-2006, 10:01 PM
i heard all tickets would range from 50-65, i cant believe they chose AAA, there are so many more better venues :(

question93
07-20-2006, 04:17 AM
i heard all tickets would range from 50-65, i cant believe they chose AAA, there are so many more better venues :(

Such as?

Granada only holds a couple thousand, Lakewood only holds a couple thousand and their sound sucks. The local clubs are too small. Smirnoff is okay. Where exactly do you think would be a better venue?

The AA center is a state of the art building and Mark Cuban is no techno-slouch. It's setup for media, period. It sounds great in there.

goosenesque
07-20-2006, 06:07 AM
AA Center DOES have great sound. I've seen 2 concerts in there, and both (especially the Incubus one) have been really good. The System one last year wasn't the greatest, but I think their sound crew just fucked up that night, and it had nothing to do with the venue. The AA Center is relatively new and technologically advanced, so there really isn't anywhere in Dallas I'd rather see Tool. I guess Nokia would be pretty cool since it's pretty small, but Smirnoff would suck, I hate that place.

Futant3
07-20-2006, 07:08 PM
So does AA open up the floor when they do concert seating or are there seats to provide a little organization?

goosenesque
07-20-2006, 07:55 PM
No seats. The available space for the pit will be HUGE, so you don't have to worry about being able to score pit tickets from Ticketmaster, there will be plenty available. You have to worry more about the 2,000 people that will be smashed in there with/ahead of you.

mattmav45
07-21-2006, 08:29 AM
I'm getting pit tickets through someone who works at the AAC. I think pit is generally general admission, so get there early if you want to get close.

Futant3
07-21-2006, 10:20 PM
i'm not a big fan of the pit stuff but at reunion many moons ago the pit area was only a little over a third full so you could have gotten floor tickets then backed up a few yards and had an awesome view without the usual annoying crowd shit

oh and thanks for the answer.

bluenote
07-22-2006, 06:30 AM
Thirty minutes

cant_be_faded
07-22-2006, 06:51 AM
Cannot wait to try and muscle some tickets from automated scalpers again.

cant_be_faded
07-22-2006, 06:59 AM
ROFL

i got banned from ticketmaster

too many refreshes, they limit them now in order to get 'fair access to tickets'

how the fuck are we expected to compete with machines if we don't do that

man that is so fucking fucked up

mattmav45
07-22-2006, 07:05 AM
That sucks man. I'm just lucky that I know a person that works with the AAC, so I already reserved my tickets before they went on sale.

bluenote
07-22-2006, 07:08 AM
got in online, section 208. beats going through scalpers again

cant_be_faded
07-22-2006, 07:10 AM
finally got through
it was a temporary banning

sec 213 row G, see yall there, give me a pm if youre close by.

TuralyonW3
07-22-2006, 07:11 AM
my girlfriends loaded before me, and it said section 124, but that's right behind the stage, so i told her to wait. i got 115, towatrd the back but low, so that's where we'll be. not too bad i guess.

cant_be_faded
07-22-2006, 07:12 AM
It still baffles me why they make sections behind the fucking stage available.

goosenesque
07-22-2006, 07:17 AM
Just a little bit of news for everyone...apparantly the pit will be a SEATED pit.

I got section 12, row F, which is the 6th row on the floor right in front of Mr. Justin.
Needless to say, I'm THRILLED!!!

StonedDevil
07-22-2006, 07:19 AM
oh that was just wrong. I wanted pit so bad, especially after what happened with the tickets for the small tour. And well, i got screwed. Got in, said i had 1 minute to wait, and for some reason the 1 minute turned to 5. end up getting the direct right of the stage, section crap, row suck. Twice this year sh1tmaster has done this crap to me.

cant_be_faded
07-22-2006, 07:25 AM
Seated Pit? Weak...

StonedDevil
07-22-2006, 07:26 AM
Seated Pit? Weak...

seated pit is better than the crap i ended up being able to get

goosenesque
07-22-2006, 07:27 AM
Personally I prefer the seated pit, but that's just because I'm a pussy and don't like getting my ass beaten. I liked the way they had the pit at McFarlin.

el_jeffe1006
07-22-2006, 07:28 AM
Ticketmasters system is so fucked. Its happened to me in the past where its blocked me out due to too many refreshes, because I was going for the best seats possible. And another time I asked for best available seating and it gave me decent seats. Then i tried again just to see and 2nd row seats were suddenly available. I swear, if other sites werent so damned expensive, ticketmaster would get 0 service from myself.

The Sven
07-22-2006, 07:28 AM
Section 11 row Q floor seats

cant_be_faded
07-22-2006, 07:29 AM
No, i meant seated pit? Weak--Only reason i didn't try for those was cuz the girl I'm going with said she'd be too short to see anything....WEAK, heh

TuralyonW3
07-22-2006, 07:30 AM
so dallas folks, whats the best way to park for this place? i didn't buy that rediculous $20 parking that ticketmaster offered.

StonedDevil
07-22-2006, 07:32 AM
so dallas folks, whats the best way to park for this place? i didn't buy that rediculous $20 parking that ticketmaster offered.

my ass is parking at a friends loft, very close to the ACC, nice short walk from there.

bluenote
07-22-2006, 07:34 AM
lots of parking near AAC, paid lots and the AAC garage

goosenesque
07-22-2006, 07:44 AM
Usually parking around the AAC is 5-15 bucks.

solidabyss
07-22-2006, 07:47 AM
i got a pit ticket! oh yes!!!! there is a god :D but fuck him

el_jeffe1006
07-22-2006, 08:07 AM
I dont even park at the Arena. I find that the cheapest, and easiest, way to go is to find the nearest Trinity Rail Train and it drops off right in front of the AAC and it picks you up afterwards. And I think it costs only $4. Thats what I do.

Majesty12
07-22-2006, 08:21 AM
sec 108 row U.........................fuck yes. Denied last time they went on sale, although i was able to buy one ticket anyway(fuckin brokers made me broke)

optimistic-pessimist
07-22-2006, 08:29 AM
No presale, and then seats in the pit... nice work TOOL. Fuck. I was buying tickets for three shows at once. Decided to go to a Ticketmaster location. Was first in line and got a good ticket for the Woodlands, then decided to be nice and let the 3 other people in line behind me get their Woodlands tickets before going back for my Dallas and San Antonio... thinking those shows would have GA pits. Fuck. Maybe if Ticketmaster gave a little more info about tickets BEFORE they went onsale... but NO that would be too convenient and intelligent.

My brother stayed home to get his San Antonio tickets online and was only able to get 200 level, which is the top tier. He was logged in right when they went onsale. I'm wondering just how many of the tickets weren't even available to the public because they were already reserved for the "ticket brokering" companies.

Something is fucked up here. Trent knows how to treat his fanclub. Presales, early entry into shows, sometimes even a soundcheck and meet-and-greet with fanclub members. I'm pretty disgusted here, honestly. I've been going to TOOL shows for 9 years now. The Dallas show will be my 30th (knock on wood)... but I'm starting to lose faith... TOOL has always put on a great show and I've always been entertained, even when Maynard had to walk off the stage in the middle of a song and drop two more songs from the setlist due to throat problems, but surely something could be done about this ticket situation. Maynard released a statement after the fiasco with the minitour shows, but so far it doesn't really seem like they're coming through.

On top of that, I know that planning a tour must be a complicated and involved process, but do you think, maybe... just maybe... they could announce the full tour before beginning to sell tickets? Huh? Would that be too much to ask? Or are they trying to trick people into driving 500 miles to go to a show for fear that they won't play closer... and then... low and behold... "What's this? Hey they're playing in my backyard. Whaddyaknow?" Fuck.

Sorry for the rant... I just had to get it out.

cant_be_faded
07-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Yeah i am pretty pissed that we had no prior info of pit seats. The seating chart did have sectioned off pit areas, that should have tipped me off. But still. Fuckers.

ClerickMantra
07-22-2006, 10:27 AM
section 117 row T
im happy

solidabyss
07-22-2006, 02:06 PM
it looks like its seated pit, but thats just how the chart looks, jsut in case its seated, there will not be any seats in the damn pit, people would use the chairs as weapons, i had "seats" in the pit for system and incubus show. so rest assure there will be no seats in the pit

LPPanther
07-22-2006, 03:19 PM
I have 2 in section 106 row K...look to be pretty good seats. My friend actually bought the tickets so I'm gonna see if he may want to trade for 2 of your pit's something_quick (provided you'd like you do it of course)

Futant3
07-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Yea I'm with you guys about the rape that Ticketmaster charges are. But anyway got decent tickets to all three shows in TX doing it online. 116 row 0 for dallas

Seriously though why not release more information about the event setup before they go on sale? It doesn't hurt anything and would actually make it easier to avoid the feeding frenzy because we'd all know what we want before hand, and wouldn't have to figure it out at sale time.

goosenesque
07-22-2006, 06:10 PM
it looks like its seated pit, but thats just how the chart looks, jsut in case its seated, there will not be any seats in the damn pit, people would use the chairs as weapons, i had "seats" in the pit for system and incubus show. so rest assure there will be no seats in the pit

I went to both of those shows, and there was one MAJOR difference that makes me 100 percent sure that the Tool show will be a seated pit. Yes, the System show did have sections for the pit on the seating chart, but on the actual ticket for that show it said PIT/GA. I already have my pit tickets for this Tool show, and not only does it say SECTION 12 on it, it even has specific and row information.

Also, you can check the AAC site for confirmation of the seating chart. They clearly have different sections for the pit. Plus it's not like they haven't done a seated pit before; does warm-up tour ring a bell? I was in the seated pit for the show at McFarlin.

mattmav45
07-22-2006, 07:35 PM
I don't mind a seated pit that much. I'm still not sure where in the pit I will be, since my seats were reserved from someone who works at the AAC. At least with a seated pit you won't have to worry about the morons who try to mosh to TOOL.

bluenote
07-22-2006, 07:53 PM
"My dad works for a radio station, so I'm going to get tickets without having to go through all the Ticketmaster bullshit. However, I want pit tickets, so does anyone know how much they will cost?"

"I'm getting pit tickets through someone who works at the AAC. I think pit is generally general admission, so get there early if you want to get close."

"That sucks man. I'm just lucky that I know a person that works with the AAC, so I already reserved my tickets before they went on sale."

"I don't mind a seated pit that much. I'm still not sure where in the pit I will be, since my seats were reserved from someone who works at the AAC. At least with a seated pit you won't have to worry about the morons who try to mosh to TOOL."

Right.

LPPanther
07-22-2006, 08:43 PM
"My dad works for a radio station, so I'm going to get tickets without having to go through all the Ticketmaster bullshit. However, I want pit tickets, so does anyone know how much they will cost?"

"I'm getting pit tickets through someone who works at the AAC. I think pit is generally general admission, so get there early if you want to get close."

"That sucks man. I'm just lucky that I know a person that works with the AAC, so I already reserved my tickets before they went on sale."

"I don't mind a seated pit that much. I'm still not sure where in the pit I will be, since my seats were reserved from someone who works at the AAC. At least with a seated pit you won't have to worry about the morons who try to mosh to TOOL."

Right.
HAHAHA.

Anyone in section 106? If so lemme know.

(I realize I'm new around here but I've been lurking around for a few months but due to the gmail address's not working I couldnt sign up. But I decided to just use an old AOL account so I could start talking to yall about the show!)

Sp00k
07-22-2006, 09:26 PM

Right.

HAHA I was gonna make the same damn post. awesome. Its great you have soooo many hookups. Life must be tough.

goosenesque
07-22-2006, 09:57 PM
I just dug up my System tickets from their 2005 show at the AA Center, and it says:

Section: FLOOR
Row: GA2

For this Tool show my tickets say:
Section: 12
Row: F

I think it's safe to assume it will be seated pit. I don't think Ticketmaster AND the AA Center web-site are BOTH going to be completely wrong with their seating charts and ticket printing.

The Sven
07-22-2006, 11:08 PM
The Ticketmaster rep who sold me my tickets confirmed with me at three different times during our conversation that the floor will be seated and that the tickets are for actual seats. He said that they're not general admission to the standing pit area, because there won't be a standing pit area.

hubris17
07-23-2006, 04:19 AM
I called the AAC yesterday and they confirmed that the floor is seated including the pit.

goosenesque
07-23-2006, 05:38 AM
Thanks for the confirmations. I don't see why would fuss about a seated pit anyway. If you want to jump around, do it in your spot.

optimistic-pessimist
07-23-2006, 06:54 AM
.... Plus it's not like they haven't done a seated pit before; does warm-up tour ring a bell? I was in the seated pit for the show at McFarlin.

A theater tour is different than an arena tour. Theaters HAVE seats bolted onto the floor BECAUSE they're theaters. Arenas do not. Ever since TOOL has been playing arenas, they have not had seats on the floor. The only exception one could claim would be in 2001 when they played a lot of amphitheater style venues... like the Woodlands Pavilion, for example. But nevertheless... adding seats to the floor for a TOOL show in an arena comes as a real surprise to me.

And as for why someone would complain about seats in the pit...? It keeps you from having the option of getting close the stage and the band, or hanging back and watching the whole stage and presentation at once. You're being forced to watch the show from one spot, and it may not be the spot you want. I was fine with that for the theater shows I went to... there's really no other option. But I was looking forward to the arena tour for two reasons... 1) Likely to be a longer setlist, and 2) I could get GA pit and stand where I want to.

goosenesque
07-23-2006, 07:02 AM
That's a good point about being able to move around, but the comment about theaters having seats bolted in isn't necessarily true. McFarlin doesn't have seats in the pit at all, so they had to bring seats in the day of the concert and set it all up. I admit though, putting seats in a pit that can only hold about 50 people is not quite the same as putting seats in a pit that can probably hold about 1000 (AA Center). I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing, I just think the band is consciously eliminating standing pits from their shows for whatever reason. It's more than a coincidence is all I'm saying, and for me, at least, it's not that surprising...

optimistic-pessimist
07-23-2006, 07:16 AM
Of course it's not a coincidence. It's the band's choice, and I'm sure they're trying to calm the mood down some at their shows. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it's solely to keep the idiots from moshing to Wings and 10k Days.

My complaint isn't so much JUST that there are seated pits... it's a combination of that, added with the fact that there wasn't really any way of knowing before tickets went onsale that there would be seats in the pit, added with the fact that there was no presale for the fanclub.

Of course it's easy to say that you have no problem with seated pits when you get a seat that you like.

goosenesque
07-23-2006, 07:28 AM
I understand your pain. I've been screwed over on tickets before too, but fortunately for Tool shows I've been VERY VERY lucky. To be quite honest, if I was in your position I would be absolutely furious right now. There is no excuse for this. The LEAST you can do for all the fans that PAY to be a part of TA is to give them a decent shot at good tickets. I'm thinking they didn't do the pre-sale possibly because they didn't want an influx of scalpers joining TA, which of course would be disasterous, and would probably be even worse than not having a pre-sale at all. Personally I think they should've just made a small pit in front of the stage and made those tickets only available TA members, and then put seats behind that pit for everyone else. Similar to the Cynthia Woods Pavilion I guess...small pit, then seats behind it. No point in analyzing it right now though, it is what it is.

optimistic-pessimist
07-23-2006, 07:48 AM
For the NIN fanclub, your presale tickets are printed with your name on them on a special ticket. Each fanclub member is allowed to buy one ticket for a non-member, but that non-member HAS to accompany the member to the show. When you arrive at the show, you have a separate entrance from the public, and you show a picture ID with your ticket to get in. I don't see any way that a scalper could take advantage of this. For the NIN show at the Woodlands, it seemed like pretty much all the tickets were available for the presale, because most people chose the pit, which only holds a few hundred people, tops, and then some chose seats, but were all able to get 1st or 2nd row seating. Did it cost Trent or the band anything to do this? I really don't know... but it sure makes for some happy fans.

LPPanther
07-23-2006, 08:32 AM
The only fanclub presale I've ever done was Linkin Park and it sounds to be exactly the same way Tool does it. The NIN folks had a great idea. More bands should adopt that.
(LP IS my favorite band but don't think I'm one of those fans you keep talking about who mosh to Tool and don't understand why people are mad because your moshing at a rock concert...I just have a wide taste in rock)

solidabyss
07-23-2006, 01:30 PM
screw seated pit, that is going to blow asssss, ill just walk up to the stage anyways, i paid for PIT not a damn seat. plus, its not just tool, isis is also playing and i know people will wanna get up and get a little crazy for them, at least i will be.

mattmav45
07-23-2006, 02:57 PM
screw seated pit, that is going to blow asssss, ill just walk up to the stage anyways, i paid for PIT not a damn seat. plus, its not just tool, isis is also playing and i know people will wanna get up and get a little crazy for them, at least i will be.
LOL, if it's a seated pit, I highly doubt you'll be able to "just walk up to the stage anyways." Get over it dude, it's not that big of a deal. Tool isn't a band you're supposed to get crazy for anyway.

The Sven
07-23-2006, 04:01 PM

How do you consider yourself to have paid for a pit ticket? There hasn't been a single pit ticket sold for this show. On the order page it said that all floor tickets are going to be seated. I understand and felt the same way when I first bought my tickets, but now that I think about it, this will probably be my only chance to see the band this up close without having distractions (such as worrying about some fat sweaty rednecks slam into me or grope me).

solidabyss
07-23-2006, 04:25 PM
whatever, yall can settle for whatever yall want and i will settle for what i want

the pit isnt going to be THAT full, the pit at this place is HUGE, if you dont wanna get smashed stand at the back, if you want a front view squeeze up there and hold on for dear life, or if you wanna have fun and enjoy the show however you want do that. but seated pit? come now this is ridculous, i understand its to better absorb the show and what its about, if you wanted to see the show sitting down you shoulda bought a seat ticket not a pit ticket, for $74 i promise you there will be a standing pit.

lowbatt
07-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Kind of off topic. Anyone suggest a website to trade tickets for diffrent seats. I wanted to get 4 tickets together but It didn't work out. I've got some section 219 and 109 and would like to trade for 4 together or just trade the 109 for section 219 tickets if possible

Thirdeye11
07-24-2006, 12:16 PM
I am needing 1 ticket to this show and don't want to sit in 300's. I would preferably like to be on the floor, but wouldn't mind 104-120 or 208-219.

If anyone is willing to sell 1-2 tickets, please PM me.

linkoln228
07-24-2006, 04:37 PM
No presale, and then seats in the pit... nice work TOOL. Fuck. I was buying tickets for three shows at once. Decided to go to a Ticketmaster location. Was first in line and got a good ticket for the Woodlands, then decided to be nice and let the 3 other people in line behind me get their Woodlands tickets before going back for my Dallas and San Antonio... thinking those shows would have GA pits. Fuck. Maybe if Ticketmaster gave a little more info about tickets BEFORE they went onsale... but NO that would be too convenient and intelligent.

My brother stayed home to get his San Antonio tickets online and was only able to get 200 level, which is the top tier. He was logged in right when they went onsale. I'm wondering just how many of the tickets weren't even available to the public because they were already reserved for the "ticket brokering" companies.

Something is fucked up here. Trent knows how to treat his fanclub. Presales, early entry into shows, sometimes even a soundcheck and meet-and-greet with fanclub members. I'm pretty disgusted here, honestly. I've been going to TOOL shows for 9 years now. The Dallas show will be my 30th (knock on wood)... but I'm starting to lose faith... TOOL has always put on a great show and I've always been entertained, even when Maynard had to walk off the stage in the middle of a song and drop two more songs from the setlist due to throat problems, but surely something could be done about this ticket situation. Maynard released a statement after the fiasco with the minitour shows, but so far it doesn't really seem like they're coming through.

On top of that, I know that planning a tour must be a complicated and involved process, but do you think, maybe... just maybe... they could announce the full tour before beginning to sell tickets? Huh? Would that be too much to ask? Or are they trying to trick people into driving 500 miles to go to a show for fear that they won't play closer... and then... low and behold... "What's this? Hey they're playing in my backyard. Whaddyaknow?" Fuck.

Sorry for the rant... I just had to get it out.

I feel ya man, Im driving from the Mississippi coast to see them. Wondering if its the only show, or the closest in the whole tour. I went to Dallas Back in May, and now im going to Houston on 9/11 and Dallas 9/14............just wondering if any thing closer, if not thats why im going to these.

linkoln228
07-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Its 8 and a half hours from gulfport to Dallas.....and 6 to Houston.

Aggietool
07-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Section 10 Row G, anyone near that?

teknofear
07-25-2006, 07:52 AM
Section 117, Row N....

Took both myself and girlfriend hammering the ticketbastard website on two separate machines right when the onsale started...

I'd be fucking damned if we were going to miss this one too, we couldn't get tix for the SMU show, and couldn't afford the scalper prices.

I stayed logged in to see what was left after the initial onslaught - many individual seats VERY CLOSE, but in the lower balcony. We wanted floor seats, but this is fine where we are. We were in 118 for the show in Sept 2001 (I remember it being like a week after 9/11).

thinking man
07-25-2006, 07:58 AM
I got section 112, 4 seats together. That was the best Ticketfucker could get me right at 10 am. For those looking for better seats, stub hub has a shit load of great seats on the floor, but they're like 200$ a piece, ouch!

tabula.rassa
07-25-2006, 09:23 AM
so... my friend and i will be in sec106 in Dallas, and sec 108 in SanAntone... if anyone wants to say 'allo, that would be cool.

i think that these shows are going to be beautiful...

see you there...

The Sven
07-25-2006, 11:31 AM
I paid $213.62 for three floor tickets, section 11 row Q. Yesterday on ebay I saw someone selling two tickets from my section and row for $370.00. Unbelievable. I've learned to never purchase tickets online, this is how I've been able to score good tickets in the past.

karter
07-26-2006, 06:25 AM
Got some extra seating in a luxury seat with an awesome view for the 9/14 Dallas show @ American Airlines Center. I sat in the same suite for NIN last year and was an awesome view.
Dinner and drinks are included in the package and served in the suite. Price per person is $250, and as I stated before, food and drinks included that price. VIP parking is also included. Please contact me @ [email protected] for more details and if you are interested.

Thirdeye11
07-26-2006, 12:01 PM
I still haven't found seats for a decent price. I had one guy here PM me that he had a ticket but no response yet.. Hoping he will call.

As for a backup plan, does anyone have 1 ticket that isn't $250 like the above troll?
Preferably like to be on the floor, but wouldn't mind 104-120 or 208-219.

mattmav45
07-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Got some extra seating in a luxury seat with an awesome view for the 9/14 Dallas show @ American Airlines Center. I sat in the same suite for NIN last year and was an awesome view.
Dinner and drinks are included in the package and served in the suite. Price per person is $250, and as I stated before, food and drinks included that price. VIP parking is also included. Please contact me @ [email protected] for more details and if you are interested.
What a fucking joke. First of all, you can get lower level seats, which are closer to the stage than the luxurty suites, for about $75 with processing fees. So you're saying a parking pass and food and drinks are worth about $175? Absolutely ridiculous.

bluenote
07-27-2006, 09:55 AM
"What a fucking joke. First of all, you can get lower level seats, which are closer to the stage than the luxurty suites, for about $75 with processing fees. So you're saying a parking pass and food and drinks are worth about $175? Absolutely ridiculous."

Mr. "my daddy has the hookup" is questioning the posts of another? Please...

bluenote
07-27-2006, 09:57 AM

The Sven
07-27-2006, 12:29 PM

Haha, funny stuff. I wish I had the hook up too, but I was able to get good tickets anyway. I got lucky this time, I wasn't able to get a ticket for the last Dallas show during the mini-tour.

optimistic-pessimist
07-27-2006, 02:18 PM
These arena shows are probably 4 to 6 times bigger... seating capacity-wise... than the minitour shows were. It shouldn't be a surprise that tickets were easier to come by.

mattmav45
07-27-2006, 03:17 PM
"What a fucking joke. First of all, you can get lower level seats, which are closer to the stage than the luxurty suites, for about $75 with processing fees. So you're saying a parking pass and food and drinks are worth about $175? Absolutely ridiculous."

Mr. "my daddy has the hookup" is questioning the posts of another? Please...
Uh, I still have to pay full price for my tickets dumbass. I just don't have to go through Ticketmaster to get them. That guy is trying to get people to pay $250 for a luxury suite and making it seem fair by saying "but you have a parking pass and free food and drinks."

Thirdeye11
07-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Uh, I still have to pay full price for my tickets dumbass. I just don't have to go through Ticketmaster to get them. That guy is trying to get people to pay $250 for a luxury suite and making it seem fair by saying "but you have a parking pass and free food and drinks."

I don't think he was making fun of the fact that you were getting "free" tickets, quite the contrary.. Just that everyone here seems to know someone who knows someone and it just all sounds ridiculous. We're glad you do, but don't go telling other people how cool you are.

optimistic-pessimist
07-27-2006, 04:06 PM
...but don't go telling other people how cool you are.

... over and over and over again... in the same thread....

karter
07-27-2006, 04:39 PM
What a fucking joke. First of all, you can get lower level seats, which are closer to the stage than the luxurty suites, for about $75 with processing fees. So you're saying a parking pass and food and drinks are worth about $175? Absolutely ridiculous.

Ok, boy wonder, first of all, your not worth wasting words over. I initially thought it was going to be $250 a ticket. I am in no way trying to rip off anyone. I was contacted yesterday by an AA Center salesperson and was informed the suite was going to be cheaper than expected. I paid $3000 for a suite. It will hold 18 people with comfortable seating, so that would be rounding off to $170 a person. Yes it is higher priced and NO it is not so close you can see Danny Carey's ingrown toenail. Just keep your words to yourself and before you call anyone a "troll", " GO FUk YOURSELF!"..lol...had to recite some TOOL. Also...for someone born in '85...did you actually listen to TOOL when they came out? Didn't think so.

karter
07-27-2006, 04:42 PM
sorry mattmav45....I will say you were not the one who called me troll...lol....sorry

karter
07-27-2006, 04:45 PM
I still haven't found seats for a decent price. I had one guy here PM me that he had a ticket but no response yet.. Hoping he will call.

As for a backup plan, does anyone have 1 ticket that isn't $250 like the above troll?
Preferably like to be on the floor, but wouldn't mind 104-120 or 208-219.

This "troll" has tickets.......;)......

The Sven
07-28-2006, 11:05 AM
By the way.. did a single ticket search on ticketmaster.com just now, came up with section 104. Not the worst seats, might be helpful for someone looking for tickets.

The Sven
07-28-2006, 11:07 AM
These arena shows are probably 4 to 6 times bigger... seating capacity-wise... than the minitour shows were. It shouldn't be a surprise that tickets were easier to come by.

Tickets were indeed much easier to come by, but not the good tickets.

Jobu05
07-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Section 212
Row E

solidabyss
07-28-2006, 01:57 PM
if anyones got any mushies PM me, must have for tool show

The Sven
07-29-2006, 03:31 AM
if anyones got any mushies PM me, must have for tool show

Same here.. or even just some high quality bud.

Thirdeye11
07-29-2006, 06:12 PM
This "troll" has tickets.......;)......

Yup and so do I now. Just had to be patient with ticketmaster. More seats were released later apparently.

karter
07-29-2006, 10:45 PM
Yup and so do I now. Just had to be patient with ticketmaster. More seats were released later apparently.

Nice to see that.......ought to be an awesome show

Ross
07-30-2006, 08:37 PM
this will be my first tool show.. cant fucking wait

Thirdeye11
07-30-2006, 09:42 PM
this will be my first tool show.. cant fucking wait

This will be number 7 for me. The best show I ever saw by them was 08.08.98. I travelled from Indianapolis to Dallas to see them here. Now I live here. Go figure.

karter
07-31-2006, 06:28 AM
This will be number 7 for me. The best show I ever saw by them was 08.08.98. I travelled from Indianapolis to Dallas to see them here. Now I live here. Go figure.

sounds like the show was so badass, you decided that living in dallas, you would catch TOOL every time..lmao.....by the way...I was at the same show 08.08.98...and it was freaking awesome...I know the mushies helped, but I think it would have rocked regardless

el_jeffe1006
07-31-2006, 08:02 AM
This is the first Tool show that I am going to attend. I got what look to be pretty good seats - section 116, row E, seat 1. The day cannot get here soon enough.

Ross
07-31-2006, 08:50 AM
i have floor seats for the show sec 15 row s towards the back on the floor so hopefully i will be able to see ok.. and yea the day can not get here fast enough.. i feel like a lil kid counting down the day's till christmas.. or like im back in j high again counting the days till last day of school..

Thirdeye11
08-03-2006, 05:56 AM
I have one extra ticket, section 210, row E seat 13, face value.

The only tickets available now seem to be 300 level seats, this seat is 5th row in platinum, with a nice view of the stage only about mid way back. Not behind the stage or all the way back from it. PM me if interested.

tabula.rassa
08-03-2006, 06:42 AM
i have been spending some time on youtube checking out some of the live clips from the mcfarlad auditorium show... i loved that show, almost more than any other show that i have been to...

i can't wait...

anyone read the new newsletter on toolband? it makes me wonder if it's actually possible that we'll see wings/10k days live... that would blow my mind.

PeAcE...

solidabyss
08-03-2006, 12:20 PM
im at seat 1 row G, floor, see yalls ther

optimistic-pessimist
08-03-2006, 02:12 PM
anyone read the new newsletter on toolband? it makes me wonder if it's actually possible that we'll see wings/10k days live... that would blow my mind.

Q: "Tool hasn't yet performed "Wings For Marie" or "10,000 Days (Wings Pt. 2)" on their tour. Will they work them into their sets eventually?"

A: My guess would be yes. Probably once they're played on the radio as the band's third single off the new CD.

Umm... Looks to me like he's saying that it has a snowball's chance in hell of being played live. When's the last time YOU heard a radio station play an 18 minute long song? But then again, I never take Blair seriously.

Thirdeye11
08-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Umm... Looks to me like he's saying that it has a snowball's chance in hell of being played live. When's the last time YOU heard a radio station play an 18 minute long song? But then again, I never take Blair seriously.

My guess is this song is being prepared for live play right now. I can envision this as a set closer. How incredible would that be. However with the emotional implications involved, this song might never see the light of day in a live set. I personally experienced emotions I never had from any song, when I first heard this. I can't imagine how it affects MJK. Difficult call here on whether or not we will hear this one live. We can only hope.

optimistic-pessimist
08-04-2006, 08:17 AM
I would love to see them played live, but I'm not counting on it. Then again, they're putting seats down in the pit, which I've never seen them do before. They may be doing that to create somewhat of a calmer atmosphere... for a better environment for these songs to be performed. I dunno...

solidabyss
08-04-2006, 09:58 PM
maybe they want us to sit cause we would be wearing 3d glasses? that would be sweeeet

vmyg
08-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Hey everyone, I'm a new poster but I've read through a lot of the threads. I'm so excited about the show! Same thing happened to me as StonedDevil. I logged on to "shitmaster" right on time, had less than one minute to wait then all of a sudden it jumped to 8 minutes. Oh well, at least I'm getting to go to this show. I would have killed to be at McFarlin. I'm in 111 Row S. That's almost the exact spot we were in when I took my daughter to see Green Day last year.

I got into Tool back in 97 when I met my Husband. He turned me onto them. He actually proposed to me with a set of all the CDs. LOL. Anyway, it was his dream to see them live but he was killed in a motorcycle accident before he got the chance.

I saw them in New Orleans back in 2002 and it was AMAZING.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and have fun at the show!

~~Valerie~~

Thirdeye11
08-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Valerie,

I totally wasn't expecting the sad part of your post. That's really really sad. I'm sorry to hear you lost your husband in such a tragic way. A guy who proposed like that had to be awesome. I'm in section 116, see ya at the show!

Ross
08-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Hey everyone, I'm a new poster but I've read through a lot of the threads. I'm so excited about the show! Same thing happened to me as StonedDevil. I logged on to "shitmaster" right on time, had less than one minute to wait then all of a sudden it jumped to 8 minutes. Oh well, at least I'm getting to go to this show. I would have killed to be at McFarlin. I'm in 111 Row S. That's almost the exact spot we were in when I took my daughter to see Green Day last year.

I got into Tool back in 97 when I met my Husband. He turned me onto them. He actually proposed to me with a set of all the CDs. LOL. Anyway, it was his dream to see them live but he was killed in a motorcycle accident before he got the chance.

I saw them in New Orleans back in 2002 and it was AMAZING.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and have fun at the show!

~~Valerie~~

That is very sad to hear, but im sure he has the best seat in the house at all of Tool's shows now..

tabula.rassa
08-06-2006, 01:28 PM
i'm sorry to hear about your husband valerie...

i was at the New Orleans show at voodoo music fest as well... it was an amazing experience... do you remember the "baby steps??" ... amazing...

...in reference to seeing wings 1 & 2 live... all we can do is hope. i know that the more personal songs these men have done in the past have only been played live once or twice or never at all, and i've always thought since the first time i heard them that we would never see these songs live, but...

that's the only thing that could have made the McFarland show better, in my humble opinion...

i could definately see these songs as a closer, or even an encore... how cool would that be.?.?.?...

we should make a pact. it starts here. no one is allowd to stop screaming and leave until we *actually* get them to play an encore... i know they never do anymore, but i believe that if "the collective" could show them how greatful we are.... they would...

can you hear the chants yet?? wings... wings.... wings... wings... wings...

PeAcE...

solidabyss
08-07-2006, 12:29 PM
they did an encore when i saw them in 02, with lateralus. im sure they will for this one, if the crowd deserves it.

optimistic-pessimist
08-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Valerie... I was at that New Orleans show in '02. UNO Lakefront Arena right? I had the unique fortune of meeting Trent Reznor at that show, right in the pit, right during TOOL's set.

tabula.rassa... VoodooFest was 2001, rather than '02. Also a very good show, though. I'm glad I wasn't up front being crushed by the crowd. I had a friend who was up there and said it was a little scary for awhile. The barricade was starting to give way, apparently.

solidabyss... I'm almost positive that they closed every single show in '01 and '02 with Lateralus... with maybe one or two shows as exception (06/01/01 in Germany is one example.) Nevertheless, it was THE closing song for those tours.

vmyg
08-07-2006, 02:24 PM
optimistic-pessimist... Yeah that's the show I was at. How cool is that, to meet Trent Reznor! I think when we lived in New Orleans I got to see his house. If I'm remembering correctly. I think it was on Magazine street or at least over there somewhere. I think I was pretty wasted that night we were walking around so I may be mistaken.

optimistic-pessimist
08-07-2006, 02:30 PM
I never tried to track his house down. I think it was in the Garden District somewhere... Magazine, St Charles... something like that.

But yeah that was a great show. Maynard was having trouble with his throat around that time, but he managed to put The Patient back into the set. I kind of suspected he was trying a little harder so as to put on a good show for his buddy Trent.

LPPanther
08-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Anyone get there tickets yet? My buddy who bought ours got them...seems kinda early to me usually I don't get tickets in the mail till like a week before the show.

Sp00k
08-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Anyone get there tickets yet? My buddy who bought ours got them...seems kinda early to me usually I don't get tickets in the mail till like a week before the show.

I got mine last Wednesday from TM.

The Sven
08-07-2006, 10:29 PM
When I got my three tickets in the mail they were still connected, and going from left to right the seat numbers across the tickets were 9-8-7. Weird Tool connection/coincidence.

AloneOnceAgain97
08-08-2006, 02:49 PM
they did an encore when i saw them in 02, with lateralus. im sure they will for this one, if the crowd deserves it.
I doubt they will; Tool generally avoid encores, thank God.

I'm stoked about this show.

My seats aren't GREAT, but they're not bad either. The lower levels sold REALLY fast.

solidabyss
08-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Valerie... I was at that New Orleans show in '02. UNO Lakefront Arena right? I had the unique fortune of meeting Trent Reznor at that show, right in the pit, right during TOOL's set.

tabula.rassa... VoodooFest was 2001, rather than '02. Also a very good show, though. I'm glad I wasn't up front being crushed by the crowd. I had a friend who was up there and said it was a little scary for awhile. The barricade was starting to give way, apparently.

solidabyss... I'm almost positive that they closed every single show in '01 and '02 with Lateralus... with maybe one or two shows as exception (06/01/01 in Germany is one example.) Nevertheless, it was THE closing song for those tours.

they left the stage for a little while, came back after the crowd cheered (to me thats an oncore) and they played lateralus. a lot of bands do that, planned oncores, its silly i think but oh well, its fuckin tool !!!!!!

solidabyss
08-09-2006, 01:00 PM
i got my tickets a few days ago, so happy, nothing can stop me but tool themselves.

optimistic-pessimist
08-09-2006, 01:30 PM
they left the stage for a little while, came back after the crowd cheered (to me thats an oncore) and they played lateralus. a lot of bands do that, planned oncores, its silly i think but oh well, its fuckin tool !!!!!!

What show was that? Just out of curiosity...

solidabyss
08-10-2006, 12:10 PM
What show was that? Just out of curiosity...
fort worth convention center, july 23 2002, great show, i got almost all of it on dvd, it stops right before the end of opiate, and after that was the triad and lateralus, id kill for footage of those songs from that show, thats when the show got CRAZY.

do you seriously have the flower of life tatted on your back? if so its fucking sweet as hell

solidabyss
08-10-2006, 12:14 PM
anybody in section 16 in the pit? preferably row G close to seat 1. i only have one ticket so i need someone to smoke doobs with during the show

Ross
08-10-2006, 12:41 PM
anybody in section 16 in the pit? preferably row G close to seat 1. i only have one ticket so i need someone to smoke doobs with during the show
i am in section 15 row s, so i will be somewhat close to you so maybe we can figure something out and hit a joint

optimistic-pessimist
08-10-2006, 12:47 PM
fort worth convention center, july 23 2002, great show, i got almost all of it on dvd, it stops right before the end of opiate, and after that was the triad and lateralus, id kill for footage of those songs from that show, thats when the show got CRAZY.

do you seriously have the flower of life tatted on your back? if so its fucking sweet as hell

I sure do. Thank you.

As for another video source...

http://www.collectiveunconscious.org/02arena0723_DVD.html

Thirdeye11
08-10-2006, 07:18 PM

I was also at that show and seem to recall this "semi-encore".

solidabyss
08-13-2006, 10:01 AM
if any of yall can find a video of the fort worth show that is a full show lemme know, or if you can find vid from opiate to the end of the show thats acceptable to. im praying someone will record this coming dallas show :D

optimistic-pessimist
08-13-2006, 10:06 AM
I already posted a link showing you another video source for the Ft. Worth show. Just contact Galen at that website (www.collectiveunconscious.org) and see if he'll trade, though I don't think he does much video trading. You can also try checking on db.etree.org.

solidabyss
08-14-2006, 02:35 PM
i searched far and wide to get what i got, i think this is as good as it gets, just seeing if anyone here might by chance have it. i also got that badass show from 92 on dvd, grrrreat show

optimistic-pessimist
08-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Galen says nothing about that video being incomplete, so I'm betting that it's another, complete source. Just saying...

http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=108634&show_users=true

That looks like about a dozen people with that video in their collections. You might try contacting one of them...

solidabyss
08-14-2006, 07:36 PM
ive tried, everyone wants to trade, its silly, i dont really have anything to offer them, they have tons of shows in their library, that i only wish i had

optimistic-pessimist
08-15-2006, 07:18 AM
I guess you've tried asking for a B&P?

zchgla1
08-15-2006, 02:26 PM
How is the view from sections 105-109 and 120-116? Is it fairly good?

solidabyss
08-15-2006, 05:07 PM
How is the view from sections 105-109 and 120-116? Is it fairly good?
http://www.americanairlinescenter.com/index.cfm/FuseAction/page/PageID/241

here is a seat chart

solidabyss
08-15-2006, 05:08 PM
I guess you've tried asking for a B&P?
yeah, thats how i got what i have, i figured it was maybe cause the dvd was too small or something, but i asked the guy and he said his stopped at the same spot to.

zchgla1
08-15-2006, 05:12 PM
http://www.americanairlinescenter.com/index.cfm/FuseAction/page/PageID/241

here is a seat chart

I've seen the chart. I'm wanting to know from someone who's been there and can give me an opinion of the seats. I can't tell how far the stage is from looking at the chart.

optimistic-pessimist
08-15-2006, 07:10 PM
yeah, thats how i got what i have, i figured it was maybe cause the dvd was too small or something, but i asked the guy and he said his stopped at the same spot to.

That sounds like someone made a poor copy somewhere along the lines and that copy was spread to others. Galen is good about listing if a source is incomplete, so I'm willing to bet that there are full copies out there somewhere.

solidabyss
08-16-2006, 11:38 AM
That sounds like someone made a poor copy somewhere along the lines and that copy was spread to others. Galen is good about listing if a source is incomplete, so I'm willing to bet that there are full copies out there somewhere.
ah you give me hope, ill look around some more

euphaycis
08-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Got my tickets, had to buy them on ebay seeing how all the scalpers and 102.1 snagged them all. Pretty good seats though, can't wait for this concert.

Hope to see some of you people there

ljasonl
08-24-2006, 12:33 AM
What are the odds of sneaking a digital camera in?

Thirdeye11
08-24-2006, 06:34 AM

Maybe a small one, wear large shoes.

optimistic-pessimist
08-24-2006, 06:38 AM

Sneaking cameras in isn't so hard. Using them without being caught is another matter altogether. Make sure you don't use the flash, and turn off the video display so it doesn't show up from behind you. Just use the regular view-finder. Security was a real bitch about it on the small-venue tour this Spring.

Sarfa
08-24-2006, 09:52 AM
my super stealth mics are being custom made as we speak

solidabyss
08-25-2006, 09:06 AM
ahhh! im so glad to hear everyone wants to take pictures and audio, and film i hope. ill try and get a camera or two in there if i can. thing is at AAA you have to walk through a metal detector before you go in. but these tickets say you cant bring cameras but more than half the time i get up to the door and there is a small sign that says just dont use flash, i coulda had pictures of the incubus show if i had seen that sign sooner :(

optimistic-pessimist
08-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Shit. Walk-through metal detectors? Argh.

euphaycis
08-25-2006, 10:06 AM
How visible is Maynard going to be at this one? He going to be hiding in the dark again or are we going to be able to watch him do his Maynard dance

twinheads
08-25-2006, 05:11 PM
I saw em at McFarland and I think the days of the infamous "Maynard dance" is over unfortunately... Maybe it was b/c it was just a warm up tool but I hope he breaks it out this time..

Even on the Lateralus tour he was still goin crazy and shit...That was only like what...four years ago?

Thirdeye11
08-25-2006, 07:01 PM
I saw em at McFarland and I think the days of the infamous "Maynard dance" is over unfortunately... Maybe it was b/c it was just a warm up tool but I hope he breaks it out this time..

Even on the Lateralus tour he was still goin crazy and shit...That was only like what...four years ago?

I saw 2 or 3 shows on that tour and he was less animated than he was at McFarlin. Are you sure you remember the Lateralus tour correct? Tool had a stage setup where Maynard had a smaller rear-projection screen (approx 10ft x 10ft) behind him, and he stood back there, never facing the crowd, and only RARELY did he do any type of movement. He just didn't seem into it.

That particular stage setup paired the band members in such a way that they could "optimize" their sound. That's why the current tour sounds so "shitty" in comparison. I think they threw out that setup because of the disassociation with Maynard to his fans e.g. never facing the crowd, not dancing, not engaging the crowd. Most fans involve themselves based on what a singer ultimately does and how he performs.

Tool simply wanted to bring fans back into the fold on this tour, at least that's my opinion. Maynard came nearly to the edge of the stage once at McFarlin and faced the crowd nearly the entire time. He did not dance much, but check out the newest videos from the 2006 tour, Maynard is going nuts again. Dancing like a hypnotized zombie. It's pretty intense. You should definitely check those out, or just be surprised when this show hits. There will be dancing.

solidabyss
08-26-2006, 09:09 AM
he danced at the lateralus shows, and he even dressed up when i saw him, the bra and the paint. good stuff. i think this coming show is going to be amazing, i bet it will beat the lateralus show, how i dont know, but i know they will.

twinheads
08-27-2006, 05:42 PM
he danced at the lateralus shows, and he even dressed up when i saw him, the bra and the paint. good stuff. i think this coming show is going to be amazing, i bet it will beat the lateralus show, how i dont know, but i know they will.

heh yah for real, I remember him in that bra and face paint...That was also the night when he came out as Rev. Maynard during Tomahawks last song...Where he said "Jesus FUCKING Christ" and proceeded to rip pages out of the bible and tossed it into the crowd.

At McFarland he used a mic stand and didnt do any trademark maynard dancing which is just not the Tool I've grown to love live...But hey, when you get old you get old.

Also, maybe you need to go watch some vids from the Lateralus tour, b/c in every one of them he looked like the old Maynard from the pre Lateralus tours.

prater
08-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Just want to let you guys know, I finally got my tickets in (quite an ordeal) now I need to get rid of one of them.

DALLAS, TEXAS
September 14, 2006
American Airlines Center
Section: 111
Row: G
Seat: 12

Price: $120 which is what this ticket has cost me so far.

Thirdeye11
08-28-2006, 05:06 PM
If I had the cash I'd buy it up from you. I bet if I sold my other ticket I could get it though. I'll let you know.

Mandragora
08-28-2006, 06:08 PM
I have 2 ticketfast tix to this show. Sec 109, row M, seats 11 and 12. I'm asking what I was charged by Ticketbastard. $73.00 for one, $146.00 for the pair. I won better seats on the auction. I have extras to Dallas also (hard copies)-if anyone's interested, check my post on the ticket hook-up. Send me a PM if you're interested. Thanks!

euphaycis
08-29-2006, 08:39 AM
Yeah, got my tickets as well. Looking forward to this show, haven't seen Tool live since 01. Just alittle curious how the show will be, I know it'll be badass, but im hoping for some Maynard dance action going on, I didn't like when i saw APC and he was behind a curtain the whole time. Whatever, anything will be better than not seeing them at all.

optimistic-pessimist
08-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Maynard only stayed behind the curtain for one song on that APC tour...

euphaycis
08-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Yeah, but the rest of the times he was in the middle of a yellow light which just made him a shadow pretty much. Point was that from AEinma tour on, including APC he is becoming more in the distance.

ljasonl
08-29-2006, 10:41 AM
ahhh! im so glad to hear everyone wants to take pictures and audio, and film i hope. ill try and get a camera or two in there if i can. thing is at AAA you have to walk through a metal detector before you go in. but these tickets say you cant bring cameras but more than half the time i get up to the door and there is a small sign that says just dont use flash, i coulda had pictures of the incubus show if i had seen that sign sooner :(

Eep. I wonder how likely a plastic bodied camera is to set one of those off? There can't be much metal in there...

optimistic-pessimist
08-29-2006, 11:25 AM
A disposable camera shouldn't set off a metal detector at all.

ljasonl
08-30-2006, 08:35 AM
Actually I just bought one of those $20 digital cameras from wal mart just for this. It's only 640 x 480 resolution, but it's easy to hide (about 2.5 in x 1 in x 1 cm), holds 100 pictures, and I seriously doubt has enough metal to set off a detector.

Better than risking my good camera. I might have a friend try to sneak in a disposable too just in case.

edit: it does video too but I'm sure it's not worth a shit

optimistic-pessimist
08-30-2006, 08:49 AM
Actually I just bought one of those $20 digital cameras from wal mart just for this. It's only 640 x 480 resolution, but it's easy to hide (about 2.5 in x 1 in x 1 cm), holds 100 pictures, and I seriously doubt has enough metal to set off a detector.

Better than risking my good camera. I might have a friend try to sneak in a disposable too just in case.

edit: it does video too but I'm sure it's not worth a shit

Not a bad idea. Worth a shot I suppose. Be sure to post after the show and let us know how they turn out.

Mandragora
08-31-2006, 05:04 AM
I have 2 ticketfast tix to this show. Sec 109, row M, seats 11 and 12. I'm asking what I was charged by Ticketbastard. $73.00 for one, $146.00 for the pair. I won better seats on the auction. I have extras to Dallas also (hard copies)-if anyone's interested, check my post on the ticket hook-up. Send me a PM if you're interested. Thanks!

*****dallas tickets are sold

mattmav45
08-31-2006, 02:42 PM
Ok, the show is now 2 weeks away, and I'm officially about to go crazy. I will no longer be a TOOL virgin!

Thirdeye11
09-01-2006, 05:58 AM
Matt,

You missed out on the best years, but it will be a great show regardless.

solidabyss
09-01-2006, 07:27 AM
okay so im a little weery right now, the arena tour started, and they mixed up the set list, but its pretty much th same songs, and im not hearing anything about a big crazy stage production, like blair said, so are we seeing this big show? or this little one thats being reproduced? im gunna throw fist if its the little one still

optimistic-pessimist
09-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Nothing personal... just saying in general... proper grammar and spelling go a long way in making an argument more credible.

solidabyss
09-01-2006, 08:19 PM
as long as you get the point across it doesnt matter

euphaycis
09-05-2006, 08:04 AM
I have no idea what to expect for this tour.

secular glitch
09-05-2006, 12:51 PM
see you guys there. maybe.

euphaycis
09-07-2006, 09:30 AM
I am more excited now that I hear "Right in Two" is on the setlist now. My wife, who is not a big Tool fan at all but does like 10,000 days, was bitching because the two songs she likes the best ( Right in Two and 10,000 Days, where not on the setlist. So at least one of the songs are now going to be played. Maybe we will get lucky and see 10k Days at the show. Either way, I can't wait. Less than one week.

Anyone taking the train to AAC or you guys gonna pay the $20 parking fee and the 2 mile walk from the lot to the Arena?

optimistic-pessimist
09-07-2006, 09:34 AM
I am more excited now that I hear "Right in Two" is on the setlist now. My wife, who is not a big Tool fan at all but does like 10,000 days, was bitching because the two songs she likes the best ( Right in Two and 10,000 Days, where not on the setlist. So at least one of the songs are now going to be played. Maybe we will get lucky and see 10k Days at the show. Either way, I can't wait. Less than one week.

Anyone taking the train to AAC or you guys gonna pay the $20 parking fee and the 2 mile walk from the lot to the Arena?

That can't be right. $20 to park and you still have to walk 2 miles??? I find that hard to believe.

euphaycis
09-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Hm last time I was there it was about 20 dollars to park and the parking lot is far from the actually building. Every been to Texas Stadium? Same thing where you have to park far away from the stadium and walk about a mile to get into it.

Me and my wife are going to take the train. It costs $2 per person and is about a 5 minute walk from the train platform to the building.

So much easier.

vmyg
09-07-2006, 11:35 AM
If I remember right, when I took my daughter to see Green Day at the American Airlines Center we parked in a lot that was a short block away from the AAC and paid $5.

Thirdeye11
09-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Adam,

I'll give you a call my place is downtown. You're welcome to meet up with me there and we'll take the dart rail to the arena. Parking probably IS $20 (it's $12-15 during basketball games) and the parking lots are about 1/4-1/2 a mile from the stadium. The 2 miles was grossly overestimated.

That can't be right. $20 to park and you still have to walk 2 miles??? I find that hard to believe.

tabula.rassa
09-08-2006, 06:31 AM

holy shit... holy shit... holy shit...

i just logged on, and hit the news, and i saw the AMAZING news!!! oh my god, i can't wait now.... ( i couldn't wait before, but now i think i'm going to go insane until show time)

wings/10k days live... i just hope and pray that they'll play it in Dallas or San Antonio... i think the chances are good that one of the two will see it...

if they do, my fervent wishes will come true. that dosn't seem to happen very often...

PeAcE...

mattmav45
09-08-2006, 08:06 AM
Well, looks like Tool is finally playing 10,000 Days live. Hopefully they will in Dallas.

animategrayskies
09-08-2006, 08:51 AM
i have one floor ticket to the show. seat is located in sec 13 row P seat 3. im in austin and can send it asap, any way you'd like. asking for 75(what i paid). paypal would be excellent. email me at [email protected]. thanks.

ljasonl
09-09-2006, 02:33 PM
How's the parking, reasonably secure? My car's an attention getter and I'd rather not come out of the concert to find it stripped or keyed or something.

guitarpete987
09-10-2006, 10:59 AM
It's officially the week of the show. Now my anticipation is TRULY hitting peak levels. I was hoping they would start playing the Wings duo live, but please oh please I don't want them to drop Jambi!!!!!! I would be so sad because that's my favorite song off the new record. As long as they play Jambi and Right In Two, I think I'll be happy. I was sad for those other Jambi fans who didn't get to hear it in Arizona.

Anyone know what's up with the regular toolnavy.com boards? WTF is up with that dating service crap??!! I want my old boards back :-(......

goosenesque
09-10-2006, 11:37 AM
^Agreed, I will be seriously unhappy if they don't play Jambi, but I will still probably enjoy the hell out of this show, no matter what they play. In my perfect world, they would play the exact setlist they played the first night in LA.

optimistic-pessimist
09-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Sounds like Maynard is sick. Just figures. He was having trouble when I saw them this summer at MacFarlin. He was DEFINITELY having trouble when they came through Texas in summer '02. Let's hope that he's able to recover at least somewhat today, before hitting all these Texas dates.

mattmav45
09-11-2006, 04:07 PM
So if the concert is supposed to start at 8, does that mean Isis will perform at 8 and Tool will start at a little after 9 or so?

LPPanther
09-11-2006, 07:02 PM
So if the concert is supposed to start at 8, does that mean Isis will perform at 8 and Tool will start at a little after 9 or so?
I'd like to know as well. A friend of a friend caught Tool on one of the earlier dates of the tour (not sure which one) and said that there were so many people trying to get in that he missed half of Tool. Anyone think that holds any truth?

optimistic-pessimist
09-12-2006, 01:58 AM
Doors will open at 6, and Isis will go on at 8. Tool will go on around 9:20 - 9:30. Get there in time to see Isis and give them a fair shot. TOOL likes them and respects them, and brought them on tour to try to expose you to something new or different. You paid for it, so go check them out.

MelbaToast454-1
09-12-2006, 05:26 AM
PLEASE GOD! This is my first Tool show for me and my brother-in-law. Maynard please get better. Drink some honey tea or some shit. Last nite (Houston) got the worst reviews of the tour so far. And just the nights before were the best (Staples).

(lets all pray) or chant....or circle jerk...wait scratch that last one

Thirdeye11
09-12-2006, 08:25 AM
I just want to see 10,000 Days. That's my only request. Although it would be nice to have some older material like Undertow, Jimmy, Eulogy, Third Eye or something of the like. Based on recent set lists, that seems almost a pipe dream though.

optimistic-pessimist
09-12-2006, 08:30 AM
... absolutely a pipe dream at this moment. I'll be happy just to get the same full setlists they got in LA and Phoenix now. Last night was weird and interesting, but ultimately a big disappointment.

mattmav45
09-12-2006, 08:33 AM
Hopefully last night is as sick as Maynard is going to get. The good news is, he will have one day off after tonight before playing in Dallas Thursday. He's been sick since Saturday, so hopefully 5 days will be enough time for him to get better.

optimistic-pessimist
09-12-2006, 08:42 AM
Yes but continuing to perform isn't exactly helping, I'm sure. I was hoping that Sunday's rest would make him solid for last night's show. I was way off.

msj
09-12-2006, 09:43 AM
San antonio show cancelled

http://www.attcenter.com/events/detail.asp?EventID=707&EventDateID=803

optimistic-pessimist
09-12-2006, 09:45 AM
It's postponed. There is a difference.

Anyway, I'd guess that we won't find out about the Dallas show until at least Wednesday, maybe even Thursday. They won't postpone it until they're absolutely sure they have to.

mattmav45
09-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Hopefully two full days off will have him ready for the Dallas show.

Thirdeye11
09-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Yeah we'll see. I've never seen Tool postpone a show that I can recall.

texan
09-12-2006, 10:39 AM
I guess y'all heard the news by now. I guess I should have bought a ticket for the Dallas show.

PS Get well, Maynard. Keep digging.

phdmatt2002
09-12-2006, 01:19 PM
i heard how sick he was on the edge.
Jessie of the edge wants people to send her pictures of themselves wearing tool belts so she can send them to maynard to cheer him up.

she said that he asked people to strip naked for him (at the show) to give him energy or something like that.

optimistic-pessimist
09-12-2006, 01:36 PM
she said that he asked people to strip naked for him (at the show) to give him energy or something like that.

Back in '98 he was constantly telling people to get naked and have sex at their shows. "Just pretend that we're not here and that the music is like your background porno music. Go find a consenting partner, grab a pole, fill a hole, and let's create some positive energy."

plexus
09-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Hey, if anyone here still needs decent tickets to the Dallas show....

I had 2 tickets thats in the 3rd balcony, but its literally the closest section to the stage, and its Row A, so it'd have a perfect view of their new setup.

Well, today, I just bought 2 more tickets that are a a little better.
They're further away from the stage but on the first balcony.
Now I need to get someone to go and give me money for these extra tickets.
All I want is exactly what I paid for them from ticketmaster the day they went on sale.

If the show is still going to happen that is.
Dear God I hope Maynard gets better.

PM me quick if you want them cause I'm trying to find someone to buy them as we speak.

Aggietool
09-12-2006, 04:33 PM
I started listening to Tool late in their Aenima tour and have been a huge fan ever since. Unfortunately something always happened to where I missed them in concert. I have a big group of friends that are also huge tool fans and we all saved money for this tour so that we could go. I was so pumped for the show and still had a great time jamming to the rest of the band and they were great. And we all know that Maynards voice ties it all in. If knowingly knew he could not sing alot, I think we were kinda shafted. I think SA is lucky that they will not get a subpar show. I spent alot of money on those tickets and I paid a whole lot for the dallas show that I hope he is rested for. If not, man we understand just postpone it. I really dont want to see my 200 doller ticket be used when he hardly sings and omits the best parts of the songs. I think Tool at least owes us in houston an explanation with all the allegations circling.

question93
09-12-2006, 05:09 PM
At this point, I'd rather they postpone the show and just come back when Maynard is healthy. If he was sick enough last night to hardly sing, and postpone tonight, it leaves me really un optimistic about him having recuperated enough to put on a decent show by Thursday.

I was pretty disappointed with the show at McFarlin too, because Maynard seriously wasn't trying that night. So yeah. I'd rather have a balls out show with a healthy singer than a half assed show with a recovering singer.

LPPanther
09-12-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm hoping two days will be enough to make him well. I have never seen Tool and I am looking forward to this SO much.

optimistic-pessimist
09-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Anyone ever been to Emo's in Austin? I'm trying to find out their camera policy. I'd like to take some shots of Isis tomorrow night, since the no-camera rule has been so strictly enforced at the TOOL shows this year. Thanks in advance for any help.

animategrayskies
09-13-2006, 07:14 AM
Anyone ever been to Emo's in Austin? I'm trying to find out their camera policy. I'd like to take some shots of Isis tomorrow night, since the no-camera rule has been so strictly enforced at the TOOL shows this year. Thanks in advance for any help.

ive been to emos many of times...and ive seen people with cameras there taking pics of bands with no problems. they dont frisk or anything at the doors, so its not like you have to sneak them in. if your up front, you should be able to get some good shots of isis, since this place is so much smaller than any venue they are playing on tour right now. youll see. take care...

tabula.rassa
09-13-2006, 08:39 AM
i hated to do it, but i called the edge to see what they might say about tomorrows show...

the word is that all is "steady as she goes..."

so, it looks like the show will happen. let's just hope that MJK is mended enough to give us his all...

I know that if he's not, and the show goes on, i'll be singing along with him with all my heart...

PeAcE...

lotsacabbage
09-13-2006, 08:58 AM
ok then ive been waiting all morning for someone to post at least something im gonna leave now and hope for the best ....thanks for the post even if the show dosnt happen ......get well maynard

mr_fang
09-13-2006, 09:53 AM

Cameras are allowed; I've never had any problems there.

I don't know if I will be able to make it down there tonight, but it should be a great show. Be sure to catch Giant Squid, one of the other bands performing.

Sol Invictus
09-13-2006, 11:27 AM
The Edge said this morning that they received some sort of fax from tool's management or something of that sort that said the Dallas show was going to happen.

BlueHalo
09-13-2006, 11:57 AM
Doors will open at 6, and Isis will go on at 8. Tool will go on around 9:20 - 9:30. Get there in time to see Isis and give them a fair shot. TOOL likes them and respects them, and brought them on tour to try to expose you to something new or different. You paid for it, so go check them out.

Tool has been coming out around 9:00 - 9:15. Saved you guys a song or 2.

rachelrabbit23
09-13-2006, 12:30 PM
It'll be 5 days between the Phoenix and Dallas shows. I sure hope he's getting B12 shots, Tamiflu, and/or antibiotics to get better. Come on Memford, take your Emergen-C and chicken soup. :)

optimistic-pessimist
09-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Tool has been coming out around 9:00 - 9:15. Saved you guys a song or 2.

At the Gorge and the Houston shows, they came out at 9:30 and 9:25 respectively.

I don't know why anyone would cut it that close anyway. Get there at 7:30, hang out, have a beer, and enjoy Isis for pete's sake.

mattmav45
09-13-2006, 01:51 PM
At the Gorge and the Houston shows, they came out at 9:30 and 9:25 respectively.

I don't know why anyone would cut it that close anyway. Get there at 7:30, hang out, have a beer, and enjoy Isis for pete's sake.
I agree. I have never missed the opening band of any concert I have been to. It's interesting to hear bands that you wouldn't have if you weren't there.

goosenesque
09-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Well, one interesting thing about this show is that our setlist will probably be fairly unpredictable, at least compared to the rest of the shows on this tour. I'm not saying they will do anything different, but since they've been off for a few days, and Maynard's sickness has caused them to change a couple recent sets, we really could get all four of...Wings, RIT, The Pot, Jambi...or we could get only a couple of those and Opiate. Basically it seems the setlist could be very much up in the air.

Futant3
09-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Seriously I don't understand why people cut it so close when going to a concert. Just get there early and the whole experience will be much more relaxing. Plus you might learn about a band you didn't know about, opening act is how I discovered Mars Volta and a few others in my regular rotation.

It's always interesting to hear everyone's reviews on shows. I thought the Woodlands show was 3/4 of awesome. Maynard was clearly hurting, wearing a jacket when it was fucking hot near the stage. Though I thought the rest of the band played very well and really were trying to make up for Maynard being out of whack. McFarlin I didn't think was Maynard so much as the equipment setup for his vocals. He wasn't going crazy but still performing well.

Can only hope that two days rest will do him some good for the dallas show and that the make up show for SA will rock. Sending some positive energy...

tabula.rassa
09-13-2006, 02:59 PM
a friend just called and said that he's heard that the show is 100% going to happen.

i'm so relieved...

something_quick
09-13-2006, 03:25 PM
yeah, but even if the show does go through, will mjk be able to perform well? does anyone know what he's sick with?

operativex
09-13-2006, 03:34 PM
I'll be at Emo's tonight to see Isis and if we're really lucky, a member or two of Tool as well. Crossing my fingers! I'll be bringing my camera, have been there before and like was stated in the San Antonio thread this place isn't exactly the most uptight about security! :)

I still have my ticket to the SA show :( Hoping for a reschedule and not a full cancellation.

oh and those going to the Dallas show, I hope someone can sneak a camera and full recording gear in. I got some great shots from the McFarlin show earlier this year :)

http://host41.hrwebservices.net/%7Ewacostr/drew/thumbnails.php?album=42

wvalootgrl
09-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Adam Jones called LA radio station 95KISS FM today during the L.A. Lloyd' s show to apologize and explain the postponment of the San Antonio concert on 9/12.
To read about this phone interview, go to KISSROCKS.com and click under Rock Report. You can read Adam's actual interview. Hopefully this will put aside any rumors and gossip about Maynard illness.

wvalootgrl
09-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Sorry people a correction regarding previous post. The Radio station is actually 99.5 KISS FM out of San Antonio.

Fiscal_Penetration
09-13-2006, 04:08 PM
I have a general concern. As many of you all know, the San Antonio, Tx show was "postponed." I understand, being in a band myself, that then the singer is sick, hes sick. I whole-heartedly understand would have done the same. However, I would have by now annouced some sort of date or info to those who paid and bought tickets. Seriously, I think its common courtesy, I am not insulting the band in anyway, they are great and I hope MJK get well for Dallas ( I am not going to that one). Please let mw know if you agree with me, or have anything in regards to the post.

semi-sentient
09-13-2006, 04:17 PM
I'll be at Emo's tonight to see Isis and if we're really lucky, a member or two of Tool as well. Crossing my fingers! I'll be bringing my camera, have been there before and like was stated in the San Antonio thread this place isn't exactly the most uptight about security! :)

I still have my ticket to the SA show :( Hoping for a reschedule and not a full cancellation.

Damn, if I wasn't going to see Thievery and Federico tomorrow I'd head out there. I can see some of the guys jamming with Isis, but I can't imagine "Tool" playing anything. Let us know what happens, and if you happen to get some insight beforehand, post it here.

GullyFoyle
09-13-2006, 04:31 PM
http://host41.hrwebservices.net/%7Ewacostr/drew/thumbnails.php?album=42

You should add those photos to the T.D.N. flickr account. There are a lot of good photos there and its easier to have them all in one place.

gf

cant_be_faded
09-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Any update as to whether or not this show is still on or will be postponed like the SA show?

I'll be heading to the AA center immediately after work, so dont wanna waste time in traffic if the show is cancelled.

Hopefully they jam out harder than ever if he comes back healthy.

The Sven
09-13-2006, 05:59 PM
The AAC's number is 214-222-3687. I won't have a chance to get online before leaving tomorrow to head to Dallas, so I'll be calling them to ensure that the show is still on. I suggest doing the same if you're in the same kind of situation as I am. Can't wait!

abrack29
09-13-2006, 06:18 PM
I have a general concern. As many of you all know, the San Antonio, Tx show was "postponed." I understand, being in a band myself, that then the singer is sick, hes sick. I whole-heartedly understand would have done the same. However, I would have by now annouced some sort of date or info to those who paid and bought tickets. Seriously, I think its common courtesy, I am not insulting the band in anyway, they are great and I hope MJK get well for Dallas ( I am not going to that one). Please let mw know if you agree with me, or have anything in regards to the post.

Well, the thing is, they're not sure when they're coming back. If you look at Adam's interview on KISSROCKS.com, he says they're hoping to come back later this tour or maybe on the next tour. So they obviously don't have anything set yet.