Pages : [1] 2

swaps
07-08-2006, 06:32 PM
Tool
AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX
Tuesday, September 12, 2006

operativex
07-09-2006, 10:15 AM
when do tickets go on sale? ticketmaster doesn't have any of these new dates listed...

Khadgar346
07-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Please post as soon as someone finds out! Austin TX represent!

optimistic-pessimist
07-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Looking forward to all 3 Texas dates. Can't wait.

Creation88
07-13-2006, 10:31 AM
tickets on sale: saturday July 22nd at 10AM. www.ticketmaster.com

texan
07-13-2006, 11:15 AM
SA! Here I come!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Don't forget your purple pens!!!!!!

Khadgar346
07-13-2006, 11:05 PM
I'm with ya =]

JoeyVWEA
07-17-2006, 10:48 AM
TICKETS GO ON SALE THIS SATURDAY!!! THE 22ND!!!

Tickets range from $28.65 - $53.65

I checked on Ticketmaster to see if they had ticket info for Dallas and Houston, but no word yet... I hope to see some of you guys and girls at the show!

BoomShakaLaka
07-19-2006, 10:06 AM
tickets for Houston go on sale 22nd just like the san antonio show, i think the dallas show might be the same too, but i'm not 100% sure

texan
07-19-2006, 02:35 PM
You are correct, Boom. Just saw that the Dallas show is on the Ticketmaster site.

US $28.65 - US $53.65 is what is quoted at Ticketmaster for the SA show. What do y'all think will be the final cost with fees and stuff? @ $70? Concerned cuz I promised my sis i'd get her ticket. :) Early bday gift.

BoomShakaLaka
07-20-2006, 09:39 AM
well when i bought my tickets to the dallas show in may service charge was like $11.50, so it will be close to $70

Sanzen
07-21-2006, 11:19 AM
TICKETS GO ON SALE TOMORROW!!!! Really looking forward to this. I'll be seeing the lot of you @ Houston and San An. :D

xPTCx
07-22-2006, 06:53 AM
T minus 5 minutes and counting...................

aziraphale
07-22-2006, 07:04 AM
Well I got a floor ticket really easily. How early should I show up?

texan
07-22-2006, 07:07 AM
mine says floor seating. is that genaral admission/pit area?

aziraphale
07-22-2006, 07:08 AM

That's what I'm assuming.

xPTCx
07-22-2006, 07:09 AM

Mine are "floor seating" as well, Sec F6 row 14, I'm not sure how they will set up the venue

texan
07-22-2006, 07:24 AM
i'm just 12 rows ahead of you, xPTCx. Don't forget your purple pen.

Spiral out!

psims23
07-22-2006, 07:27 AM
I'm stuck in the balcony :( How'd you guys get floor tickets so easily?

texan
07-22-2006, 07:35 AM
Floor tickets don't sound so good. My buddy's gf called ticketmasters and was informed that there would be assigned seats on the floor. LIKE WIGGLES SHOWS! WIGGLES! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! I WANT PIT TICKETS!!!!!!

texan
07-22-2006, 07:35 AM
Does anybody know anything else?

roomservice
07-22-2006, 07:36 AM
there is no general admission, everything is seated.
im stuck in section 105. sucking it up....suckin me dry. 70$ for shitty seats....alright...i was like 4th in line, and those shits were gone fast as hell.

texan
07-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Not quite what I had in mind. : ( Oh, well, might have to trade or barter for better seats.

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey...

unicornpaco
07-22-2006, 07:43 AM
ugh, section 125... i know, i overslept..

i might buy floor tickets from ebay or an asshole.

Khadgar346
07-22-2006, 07:49 AM
no pit? I don't feel let down as much this time =]

I was trying to get floor tix but no dice for me. I keept getting stuck with fucking balcony seats so I bought them. Of course when I did another search afterwards i got sec. 101

I have 3 tickets to sell face value now!

BoomShakaLaka
07-22-2006, 08:03 AM
man i'm in section 208, row 5, cuz i had to buy these and the ones for houston

mindseye
07-22-2006, 08:27 AM
I tried the second they went on sale and i kept getting balcony seats...SUCKED!!! Then i tried an hour later and I got sec. 128.. not bad I guess...

optimistic-pessimist
07-22-2006, 08:34 AM
No presale, and then seats in the pit... nice work TOOL. Fuck. I was buying tickets for three shows at once. Decided to go to a Ticketmaster location. Was first in line and got a good ticket for the Woodlands, then decided to be nice and let the 3 other people in line behind me get their Woodlands tickets before going back for my Dallas and San Antonio... thinking those shows would have GA pits. Fuck. Maybe if Ticketmaster gave a little more info about tickets BEFORE they went onsale... but NO that would be too convenient and intelligent.

As for you folks who got seats in the 200 level... I would be ROYALLY pissed. You were buying tickets right when they went onsale and I see NO reason why you shouldnt have gotten a closer seat. My brother stayed home to get his tickets online and ran into the same problem. I'm wondering just how many of the tickets weren't even available to the public because they were already reserved for the "ticket brokering" companies.

Something is fucked up here. Trent knows how to treat his fanclub. Presales, early entry into shows, sometimes even a soundcheck and meet-and-greet with fanclub members. I'm pretty disgusted here, honestly. I've been going to TOOL shows for 9 years now. The Dallas show will be my 30th (knock on wood)... but I'm starting to lose faith... TOOL has always put on a great show and I've always been entertained, even when Maynard had to walk off the stage in the middle of a song and drop two more songs from the setlist due to throat problems, but surely something could be done about this ticket situation. Maynard released a statement after the fiasco with the minitour shows, but so far it doesn't really seem like they're coming through.

On top of that, I know that planning a tour must be a complicated and involved process, but do you think, maybe... just maybe... they could announce the full tour before beginning to sell tickets? Huh? Would that be too much to ask? Or are they trying to trick people into driving 500 miles to go to a show for fear that they won't play closer... and then... low and behold... "What's this? Hey they're playing in my backyard. Whaddyaknow?" Fuck.

Sorry for the rant... I just had to get it out.

aziraphale
07-22-2006, 09:51 AM
I personally don't know what tool has to do with any of that.

msj
07-22-2006, 10:23 AM
MOTHER FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a friend in line at 9:00 am and I was refreshing at 10. Still no floor tickets and just 2 in 123.

MOTHER FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!!!

optimistic-pessimist
07-22-2006, 10:28 AM
I personally don't know what tool has to do with any of that.

Really. Presales? They don't have anything to do with fanclub presales? Ok...

Edit: ... or about putting seats on the floor? Yes... I'd say they do have everything to do with it. Of course I'm sure the seats thing is an attempt to calm things down at their shows, which I can understand, but I'm still disappointed with it. The lack of presales is what really gets me. Sure we haven't had to renew our membership fee, but I would gladly have renewed EVERY year since TA started for the opportunity to have presales at the shows this year. I think they need to go get some tips from Trent. (Of course, when Trent came back and released With Teeth, he actually thought that he had faded too far away and people wouldn't care about his music any more. When his album sold well and his shows were selling well, he was actually appreciative of his fans, and he decided to show them how appreciative he was. Maybe that's too much to ask for here.)

QuantumMind
07-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Section 8 row 8

iavio
07-22-2006, 08:00 PM
section 22 row 1

thirdseason17
07-23-2006, 08:43 AM
Got 2 balcony tickets for 112$. They're not the greatest seats but oh well, I'm just happy that I'm going to see tool for the first time.

texan
07-23-2006, 09:40 AM
section 22 row 1

That might not be bad, iavio. I saw a SOAD from there and it still was pretty cool from there. Nice part there is that it's easy to get to the concession stand from those seats.

Undone
07-24-2006, 12:37 AM
Section F6 Row 6,

Setup is "End Stage"
NOT "End Stage w/ GA"

whatever.

IciclemanX
07-24-2006, 10:09 AM
Section 107

Fuck I tried to get floor tickets but they were sold out, I even went on at exactly 10:00... FUCK! Oh well at least I got tickets...

optimistic-pessimist
07-24-2006, 10:32 AM
It's possible that more floor tickets may become available in the coming weeks. Sometimes there are tickets held aside for possible promotional or other uses, and those tickets end up not being used in that way, so they then become available to the public. I'd say keep trying periodically, and you might get lucky.

IciclemanX
07-24-2006, 10:45 AM
I dunno I think I'm gonna sell these other seats I have in 209 (WTF look at where that's at) and give in to those fucking bitch scalpers, and buy some floor seats...

FUCK

Oh and I've been hearing some wierd shit about Maynard not liking smoking at the shows, is that just cigarettes, or weed too? Because I never got the impression Maynard disliked smoking weed, and I thought he even might do it if not on a regular basis, periodically...

optimistic-pessimist
07-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Oh and I've been hearing some wierd shit about Maynard not liking smoking at the shows, is that just cigarettes, or weed too? Because I never got the impression Maynard disliked smoking weed, and I thought he even might do it if not on a regular basis, periodically...

I heard something similar, though I think it was in direct reference to some of those small European shows... Germany in particular. I think that show was extremely smoky and I'm sure he doesn't like that... for obvious reasons concerning his throat and singing voice. I doubt a few smokers would affect things in these large arena shows.

texan
07-28-2006, 06:04 AM
So who else besides optimistic-pessimist got tix for the other Texas shows? I thought about also buying some seats for the Houston show but just went with the SA show instead. I'll just have to settle with my F6, row 20 seats. Let me know if your close by. Anybody going to head downtown after the show. Is there anything to do in SA on a Tuesday night?

optimistic-pessimist
07-28-2006, 08:23 AM
My parents live there, but I've never really checked out the nightlife. I'm taking the whole week off though, so I might be up for something that night.

Oh and I'm 4th row, F4. Or was it F6...

texan
07-28-2006, 09:10 AM
My parents live there, but I've never really checked out the nightlife. I'm taking the whole week off though, so I might be up for something that night.

Oh and I'm 4th row, F4. Or was it F6...

Cool. I took Wednesday off. Don't have to worry about going to work the next day. :) After I purchased the tickets I regretted not buying the Dallas tickets instead. Could have had Friday off and taken a 3 day weekend. Oh, well... :(

So what's this I hear about Tool opening up for Metallica in Japan/China? Heard it on Sirius/Octane. WTF!!

optimistic-pessimist
07-28-2006, 09:27 AM
That's news to me...

I think the Japan shows are festival shows. In that case, I don't doubt that they'd put Metallica after TOOL, just because they've been around so much longer.

Take Coachella as an example... Depeche Mode closed the main stage on Saturday night, and played for about 96 minutes. TOOL closed the main stage on Sunday and was only given about 75 minutes.

swaps
07-28-2006, 10:09 AM
So what's this I hear about Tool opening up for Metallica in Japan/China? Heard it on Sirius/Octane. WTF!!
2006/08/15 - Seoul, KOR - Olympic Main Stadium (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=49473)

texan
07-28-2006, 10:17 AM
2006/08/15 - Seoul, KOR - Olympic Main Stadium (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=49473)

Damm! That thread is like a month or 2 old. They just announced this about 1.5 weeks ago on the radio. That's one review I have to read about.

"Luuucky!!!"

optimistic-pessimist
07-28-2006, 10:51 AM
I like Metallica and all... but seeing them AFTER TOOL would be, I dunno, kind of anticlimactic.

mrpresident
08-01-2006, 07:44 AM
Got my tickets F6, Row 17. Anyone know how good/bad these seats are? As far as the floor seating goes, I spoke with a friend who works with the Spurs and he told me that the venue's "SOP" is to have seats on the floor, but if the promoter chooses the seats may be removed and it will be just GA.

optimistic-pessimist
08-01-2006, 08:47 AM
http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-us/tmimages/venue/maps/dal/3234s.gif

I would be very very surprised to see the seats removed after all. Every TOOL arena show I've seen since '98 was sold as GA pit, and that's how it was at the show. Why sell assigned seats if you're not going to have them?

BoomShakaLaka
08-01-2006, 09:35 AM
so is the venue real big?

optimistic-pessimist
08-01-2006, 11:42 AM
*sighs*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT&T_Center

xPTCx
08-01-2006, 02:00 PM
*sighs*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT&T_Center

Uhhhh. Why the sigh for the wikipedia entry?

optimistic-pessimist
08-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Because people ask simple questions when they have the entire internet at their fingertips. A couple minutes of research and you've got your answer. How good is my seat? Oh let me just look up a seating chart. How big is the venue? Oh, let me look up the seating capacity, and pictures of the inside...

Groundbreaking stuff... I know...

Death In June
08-07-2006, 11:35 AM
MY tickets were sold to me as GA on Stub Hub, for $154 each. When they got here in the mail not too long ago, they were for section 125, row 20 something. I was pretty pissed off about it. No refund either. I'm counting on 250 mg of MDA to make up for it.

unicornpaco
08-07-2006, 03:43 PM
MY tickets were sold to me as GA on Stub Hub, for $154 each. When they got here in the mail not too long ago, they were for section 125, row 20 something. I was pretty pissed off about it. No refund either. I'm counting on 250 mg of MDA to make up for it.

i like your name. and the volta, and mda..
im right by you.. we can enjoy together.

Death In June
08-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Row 26. $154! Could've gotten a Floor seat for that much money. Anybody else taking E at the show?

SilverGrudge
08-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Nightlife in SA any good? I live in Houston and i'll be going to both shows so i took wednesday off to soak everything in. I kinda wanted to tour the city after the show on tuesday since I've only been to SA once or twice.

btw i'm section 208 row 5 seat 15.

can someone who has been to that venue tell me if my seat is decent? I've tried looking at the map of it, but those maps can be deciving at times.

Malisk
08-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Say some one was to get tickets way the hell up in section 206 and when they got the chance after the show had started, moved to a seat lower near the front that no one was in? Would that be a completely terrible thing?

Did it at an APC concert here in Austin....no one seemed to mind and since I paid nearly 70 bucks for these tickets I think I should be able to take advantage of such an opportunity.

mrpresident
08-11-2006, 08:45 AM
10 August, 2006 (04:08pm)
**TA Exclusive**
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES... AGAIN

Having recently attended the 'dress rehearsal' for TOOL's US Summer/Fall ARENA TOUR, I can tell you that all (well, most) of those things you've been e-mailing about and posting on message boards are coming, namely a bigger stage production and different set lists. What I saw was impressive to say the least (and with these guys, that's all I can say at this point), but the new show should be unveiled soon (and for now we'll just have to leave it at that) - with things better suited to the bigger concert halls.

SilverGrudge
08-11-2006, 09:20 PM
10 August, 2006 (04:08pm)
**TA Exclusive**
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES... AGAIN

Having recently attended the 'dress rehearsal' for TOOL's US Summer/Fall ARENA TOUR, I can tell you that all (well, most) of those things you've been e-mailing about and posting on message boards are coming, namely a bigger stage production and different set lists. What I saw was impressive to say the least (and with these guys, that's all I can say at this point), but the new show should be unveiled soon (and for now we'll just have to leave it at that) - with things better suited to the bigger concert halls.

So clear this up....is that Blair addressing the TA memebers?

mrpresident
08-12-2006, 07:03 AM
So clear this up....is that Blair addressing the TA memebers?

yessir

unicornpaco
08-27-2006, 02:33 PM
Row 26. $154! Could've gotten a Floor seat for that much money. Anybody else taking E at the show?

most likely.
or mushies.
orr both.
that would be nice.

tabula.rassa
08-28-2006, 07:17 AM
opti-pessi,

do you think that we'll finally see wings/10k days here in TX?

i really think that we have a good chance...

if not on this leg, maybe if they come through in 2007... which i think they will...

PeAcE...

Khadgar346
08-28-2006, 07:21 AM
I really hope so. Would be very dissapointing if we didn't to be honest.

Khadgar346
08-30-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm honestly afriad of all the drunken retards in the pit. chairs will be a-flyin =[ glad I'm not downt here

optimistic-pessimist
08-30-2006, 05:10 PM
opti-pessi,
do you think that we'll finally see wings/10k days here in TX?
i really think that we have a good chance...
if not on this leg, maybe if they come through in 2007... which i think they will...
PeAcE...

I'm definitely hoping for it. I know they're working on it and have been working out some kinks and snags that come from trying to perform it live. I've got my fingers crossed for sure. It would have been cool to have seen them play it on my 27th TOOL show, though. Ah well...

...AND there was some guy on youtube saying that there would be nuclear warfare Sept. 12. Not saying I want a war... but I think it would be pretty sweet to see Right In Two or Aenima the day a nuclear holocaust starts. It would be very special.

Sorry but this is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on here. Congrats.

I'm honestly afriad of all the drunken retards in the pit. chairs will be a-flyin =[ glad I'm not downt here

It's kinda hard to throw chairs when they're tied together. None of the chairs at the Gorge on Sunday left the floor... and that was a crowd full of drunken idiots if I've ever seen one. I don't think it's going to be a problem.

Khadgar346
08-30-2006, 05:23 PM
It's kinda hard to throw chairs when they're tied together. None of the chairs at the Gorge on Sunday left the floor... and that was a crowd full of drunken idiots if I've ever seen one. I don't think it's going to be a problem.

good didn't know that! but I mean, there aren't alot of fat mexicans in Gorge (no offense to any drunk fat mexicans who are reading this.)

I once saw APC at this same Venue and it was an insane pit. Getting crushed by 300lbs+ isn't too much fun ;)

SilverGrudge
08-30-2006, 06:24 PM
I GOT THE WHOLE WORLD IN MY HANDS
I GOT THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD IN MY HANDS

opti-pessi are you keeping some kind of photo journal of all the shows you've been to, and the ppl you've met up with connected to toolnavy?

optimistic-pessimist
08-30-2006, 06:34 PM
I have a collection of photos, setlists, ticket stubs, recordings, and a few other things from the shows I've been to through the years. I haven't been as diligent at keeping it updated lately, but I have all the memoribilia tucked away for someday when I feel like sitting down and archiving it into my albums. Some of my photos from a few shows can be found here...

http://flickr.com/photos/25003079@N00/

SilverGrudge
08-30-2006, 06:36 PM
I have a collection of photos, setlists, ticket stubs, recordings, and a few other things from the shows I've been to through the years. I haven't been as diligent at keeping it updated lately, but I have all the memoribilia tucked away for someday when I feel like sitting down and archiving it into my albums. Some of my photos from a few shows can be found here...

http://flickr.com/photos/25003079@N00/

very very nice.

Beezelbozo
09-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Anyone else bid on tickets through TM?

Mandragora
09-02-2006, 12:12 PM
I won tickets to all three TX shows from the auctions. For SA, I have 5th row, sec F3.

Beezelbozo
09-02-2006, 01:29 PM
I won tickets to all three TX shows from the auctions. For SA, I have 5th row, sec F3.

I lucked out and got 1st row F2, I think dead-center! Sitting KK right in Houston. It should be pretty cool to see them from two different vantage points since they'll probably play the same setlist.

Sp00k
09-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Anyone else bid on tickets through TM?

I didn't even know they did that. It seems like everyone that bid on tickets got kick ass seats. I'm definately going that route next time.

optimistic-pessimist
09-02-2006, 08:59 PM
For those that used the TM auctions... how much did you end up paying for your tickets?

Beezelbozo
09-03-2006, 10:31 AM
For those that used the TM auctions... how much did you end up paying for your tickets?

First and only bid @ $175 a ticket..not bad considering I know someone who spent like $500 a piece for floor tickets through a ticket broker. Hopefully the crowd will just blaze-n-chill and let us enjoy the show. SA shows can sometimes get out of hand

optimistic-pessimist
09-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Hmm... I guess the auctions really do vary pretty widely. Someone in the Houston thread said they got a pit ticket through the auction for $85. Seems hard to believe...

"263739"
09-04-2006, 04:50 PM
Damn if it is actual seating i have F2 row 2 19-20 thanks to the ticket master lottery system Fuck Yeah!!!!

Useful)(Idiot
09-04-2006, 11:57 PM
This is a really stupid question, but does anyone know if the shops selling shirts and stuff take checks? I have a new debit card on the way and don't know if it'll be here in time, my bank doesn't have a local branch here either so i can't take out cash. yeah i know i'm an idiot for having no cash but technology has spoiled me. Anyway, anybody know????

Useful)(Idiot
09-05-2006, 12:12 AM
also (sorry) what about cameras? (this is my first tool concert)

Beezelbozo
09-05-2006, 12:12 AM
SERIOUSLY doubt it... cash AND credit only. Why not take out a cash advance? Bring plenty ... the shirts start at $40.

No cameras/ recording devices.

Undone
09-05-2006, 01:54 PM
one week, a few hours and counting....

Beezelbozo
09-07-2006, 10:21 PM
'Wings' is on the way to TEXAS!!!!!

tabula.rassa
09-08-2006, 07:06 AM
i can't wait... i'm completely freakingthefuck out....

PeAcE...

rachelrabbit23
09-09-2006, 12:42 AM
".......Your way hoooooooooooooome..........ooooooo what are they gonna do when the lights go down, without you to guide them all to ZIOOOOOOON?....What are they going to do when the rivers overrun...Other than tremble incessantly?....Hiiiiigh as a waaaaave....but our eyes are upon the grooooound. You are the light and the waaaaaaave, they'll only read aboooooout. IIIIIIII only praaaaaaay heaven knows when to lift you ooooout. Ten thousand days in the fire is long enough.....you're going hooooooooooome....Oooooo You're the only one who can hold your head up high, Shake your fists at the gates saying: "I HAVE COME HOME NOW!"...Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father. Tell them their pillar of FAITH has ascended. IT'S TIME NOW! MY TIME NOW! GIVE ME MY, GIVE ME MY WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGS!

Give me my wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings!"

*dances*

Watch for me. I'll be the one blocking all of you out, dancing, singing and zoning out. ♥

optimistic-pessimist
09-09-2006, 08:41 AM
Hmm I think it's .. "high is the way"... and "you are the light and the way"... You know like, Jesus said that he was the "Way."

But yeah... I'm excited too. ;)

IciclemanX
09-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Fuck I'm excited, I'm trying not to look at other setlists, I want it all the be a suprise.

Does anyone know how easy it will be to smoke inside the AT&T center? I used to volunteer as an usher during the rodeo, but that was a different thing...

Death In June
09-09-2006, 11:59 AM
I have my tabs. And some extra spending cash. So, I'm set for this Tuesday. Although I doubt I'll buy anything other than water. The Ten Thousand Days line of t-shirts look ridiculous.

Oh, as far as I can remember, the SBC Centers security has been pretty lax. If your digital camera is small enough, you could probably get away with it.

rachelrabbit23
09-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Hmm I think it's .. "high is the way"... and "you are the light and the way"... You know like, Jesus said that he was the "Way."

But yeah... I'm excited too. ;)

Ssshhhhh....don't ruin it for me. ;) I mostly copied it from:

http://toolshed.down.net/lyrics/10kdayslyrics.php

Beezelbozo
09-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Does anyone know how easy it will be to smoke inside the AT&T center? I used to volunteer as an usher during the rodeo, but that was a different thing...

Not easy at all on the floor or lower levels...they will find you. However I"ve heard of some getting away with blazing in the balcony section. Security are all out of shape and won't chase you down...err...up, you may get a flashlight in your face and asked to put it out. There are a few smoking sections; be careful, there will be cops out there.

Useful)(Idiot
09-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Oh, as far as I can remember, the SBC Centers security has been pretty lax. If your digital camera is small enough, you could probably get away with it.

i'm seriously debating trying to get my camera in, i know the worst that could happen would be i would have to go put it up in the car, but i really wanna try and get it in. it's a pretty small camera, the canon elph. what do you think my odds are?

optimistic-pessimist
09-09-2006, 06:22 PM
i'm seriously debating trying to get my camera in, i know the worst that could happen would be i would have to go put it up in the car, but i really wanna try and get it in. it's a pretty small camera, the canon elph. what do you think my odds are?

Getting it in is the easy part. Taking decent pictures without getting caught is tougher. Security will be watching out for cameras.

SilverGrudge
09-10-2006, 08:55 AM
You guys think $200 is going to be enough for the Houston and San Antonio show? The Houston show isn't going to deplete that much of my money since i live in Houston and i wont be driving thus no gas money expended. I will buy 1 shirt at the Houston show and none at the SA show. The SA show is the one that's going to eat alot of my money. I'm driving + hotel + food + drive back.....i dunno

oh btw. do you guys think security is going to be tough inside the venue? you think smoking inside could go unseen or smelled?

HalfwayHouse12a
09-10-2006, 09:30 AM
Houston show will be pretty easy to smoke at. I've been to the Pavilion over 20 times and most of the security is on the lawn. But even if you're on the lawn, you could smoke up a storm because they probably won't see you in the sea of other people and if they do, most of them don't care.

SilverGrudge
09-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Houston show will be pretty easy to smoke at. I've been to the Pavilion over 20 times and most of the security is on the lawn. But even if you're on the lawn, you could smoke up a storm because they probably won't see you in the sea of other people and if they do, most of them don't care.

Ya i know that about the Houston venue, but i'm talking about the AT&T Center...

IciclemanX
09-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Ya i know that about the Houston venue, but i'm talking about the AT&T Center...

Most likely not man, I volunteered there and you'll likely get caught. You could try, or just hot box your car on the way to the show like me

Useful)(Idiot
09-10-2006, 12:18 PM
anyone gonna meet up before the show?

IciclemanX
09-10-2006, 12:20 PM
anyone gonna meet up before the show?

I'd be down to meet up and chill, maybe smoke a little bit

Tool fans 444 lyfe

optimistic-pessimist
09-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Sounds like Maynard is sick. Just figures. He was having trouble when I saw them this summer at MacFarlin in Dallas. He was DEFINITELY having trouble when they came through Texas in summer '02. Let's hope that he's able to recover at least somewhat today, before hitting all these Texas dates.

SilverGrudge
09-10-2006, 07:07 PM
So! Does anyone have a house me and a friend could crash at for the night after the show? :D

I'd be down to meet up and chill, maybe smoke a little bit

Tool fans 444 lyfe

we should do alittle group smoking inside your car before go in....

Beezelbozo
09-10-2006, 07:20 PM
oh btw. do you guys think security is going to be tough inside the venue? you think smoking inside could go unseen or smelled?

Not easy at all on the floor or lower levels...they will find you. However I"ve heard of some getting away with blazing in the balcony section. Security are all out of shape and won't chase you down...err...up, you may get a flashlight in your face and asked to put it out. There are a few smoking sections; be careful, there will be cops out there.

IciclemanX
09-10-2006, 07:44 PM
we should do alittle group smoking inside your car before go in....

Anyone else down?

Death In June
09-11-2006, 12:35 AM
I don't smoke, but I have extra tabs I'm willing to sell to those who want 'em. I've got eight for the show, and I'm only in need of five.

roomservice
09-11-2006, 12:49 AM
how much are you gonna be selling those tabs for???
i might be in need of like 2...maybe just one though???

and if anyone can get any shrooms or hash...definately let me know.,....message me or something and ill get your number so we can discuss these arrangements...

Death In June
09-11-2006, 07:13 AM
$20. My friends are bringing some shrooms, but I don't know if they have enough that they'd be comfortable selling a portion of it off. Is anyone here actually from SA (other than myself)? Seems like people are coming in from Austin and Houston, everywhere but the city itself.

IciclemanX
09-11-2006, 07:42 AM
$20. My friends are bringing some shrooms, but I don't know if they have enough that they'd be comfortable selling a portion of it off. Is anyone here actually from SA (other than myself)? Seems like people are coming in from Austin and Houston, everywhere but the city itself.

I'm from SA. I might be down for the tabs (shrooms would be expensive) In ALL honesty, how good are they?

xPTCx
09-11-2006, 08:30 AM
/Sarcasm on

Why dont you guys just give the cops your meet location and/or plate number to make it that much easier to pick you up. Two letters........PM

/Sarcasm off

Seriously, looking forward to the show. Be cool and have fun!

cgraham
09-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Im came from Ottawa Canada to see them here, I would love to meet up with some texans and do some pre concert party favours!

Would be very kool to meet up!

rachelrabbit23
09-11-2006, 09:51 AM
/Sarcasm on

Why dont you guys just give the cops your meet location and/or plate number to make it that much easier to pick you up. Two letters........PM

/Sarcasm off

Seriously, looking forward to the show. Be cool and have fun!

For real yo. You guys do know that the NSA is watching?

IciclemanX
09-11-2006, 10:11 AM
For real yo. You guys do know that the NSA is watching?

I'm not a dumbfuck. It simply has to be stated so we know to PM each other with the info. I'm not gonna be like "Ok, meet me here I'm the one with this shirt and this is what I have on me" in a board, but I can simply talk about plans so we can know who wants to make them, THEN that's when you PM

Death In June
09-11-2006, 10:16 AM
So, if I could get back to the original post, before the thread was filled with irony and sarcasm (don't get me wrong - It was A-grade irony and sarcasm that I haven't seen examples of thousands and thousands of times before): I'm taking the tabs myself, and I've tried them before. In all honesty, on a scale from 1-10, I'd give them an 8, depending on how long it's been since the last time you took E. PM me if you want to know more. Don't be so paranoid guys... no cop is going to waste their time raiding a public Tool forum. Get real.

IciclemanX
09-11-2006, 10:19 AM
Hmmmm E..... You don't have any LSD?

Death In June
09-11-2006, 10:20 AM
Oh, no, no. Sorry...I call MDMA pills "tabs." I see where that could be confusing.

IciclemanX
09-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Yeah, lol, tabs are blotters to me. It's cool. What kind of base are they?

Death In June
09-11-2006, 10:26 AM
I don't understand how you guys could be comfortable taking shrooms, or lsd in that enviorment. I think I'd freak the fuck out, with so many sweaty, fat, drunk metal-esque fans there. Thankfully, there are chairs to stop the moshing. But, still, not a place I'd feel comfortable enough to be on acid.

As far as I know, it's a mixture of MDMA and MDA. And of course, whatever filler they use (jello?) to give the pill it's shape.

IciclemanX
09-11-2006, 10:29 AM
I don't understand how you guys could be comfortable taking shrooms, or lsd in that enviorment. I think I'd freak the fuck out, with so many sweaty, fat, drunk metal-esque fans there. Thankfully, there are chairs to stop the moshing. But, still, not a place I'd feel comfortable enough to be on acid.

As far as I know, it's a mixture of MDMA and MDA. And of course, whatever filler they use (jello?) to give the pill it's shape.

Hence why I asked you how strong they are. I have a pretty big psychadelic tolerance (I did shrooms the first time at school during finals, it was dumb, I don't suggest it, but I got away with it) but you can never be too safe.

IciclemanX
09-11-2006, 10:30 AM
I'm trying really hard not to look at other setlists, I want it to be a complete suprise when I hear every song.

Death In June
09-11-2006, 10:34 AM
I've looked at some of 'em. I think if I sit there not knowing, anticipating a certain song, I'll leave dissapointed when it doesnt come. This way, I'm dissapointed ahead of time. Got that shit out of my system.

IciclemanX
09-11-2006, 10:38 AM
I've looked at some of 'em. I think if I sit there not knowing, anticipating a certain song, I'll leave dissapointed when it doesnt come. This way, I'm dissapointed ahead of time. Got that shit out of my system.

HAHA I know what you mean. But I think they're gonna pull out enough of what I want to hear to make the other ones they didn't play ok. I'm pulling for a lot of songs, and I know I'm they're not gonna play all of them.

roomservice
09-11-2006, 12:18 PM
yo death in june, i sent you a PM...so if you wanna do that, let me know....

thirdseason17
09-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Hey guys, I'm confused as to what to time I should get to the AT&T Center. On the tickets it says 8:00, and on Isis' myspace is says they are playing at 6:00. What time should I try to get there if I really don't want to see too much of Isis?

IciclemanX
09-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Hey guys, I'm confused as to what to time I should get to the AT&T Center. On the tickets it says 8:00, and on Isis' myspace is says they are playing at 6:00. What time should I try to get there if I really don't want to see too much of Isis?

fuck...that kind of means I have to get there earlier...

And that slightly ruins my smoking plans...

IciclemanX
09-11-2006, 03:21 PM
ONE MORE DAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO It's gonna be my first Tool concert, as well as the three friends I'm going with. We're all in a band, it should be quite the bonding experience.

I wanted to go with my band, but it didn't work out that way

thirdseason17
09-11-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm going with the bassist in my band.

StereoScopicLenses
09-11-2006, 10:18 PM
maynard is sick right now.. vocals arent the best.. shit i hope he's better for this show. That also means shorter set list! damn!? with they'd just jam

roomservice
09-12-2006, 01:20 AM
maynard should get his act together...im sure hes taking all the necessary precautions, but i mean....i fucking paid 70 bucks for this ticket...i better get at least 70 dollars worth of good performance...

optimistic-pessimist
09-12-2006, 01:54 AM

Doors will open at 6, and Isis will go on at 8. They'll only play for half an hour, so why don't you go and check them out and expose yourself to something new? That's why TOOL brings bands like this on tour with them. The Melvins, Fantomas, Tricky, Tomahawk, Meshuggah, Isis... these are all bands that the guys in TOOL like and respect, and they want to bring something new to us fans. You paid $70 (or maybe way more) for your ticket, and you want to miss out on some of the music you paid for? That just makes no sense to me.

xPTCx
09-12-2006, 05:44 AM
I am so going to have trouble working today. Hopefully I can get out of here and not get stuck in traffic and miss ISIS. If I do I could always catch them in Austin on Wednesday. The're playing at EMO's. Here's a quote from the EMO's site.

"On one of their off nights of the TOOL tour, isis will play emos with local favorites My Education and Giant Squid. And if you heard a rumor that TOOL has been getting up and jamming with Isis on their offnights, that rumor may very well be true tonight!"

Tickets are $12.50, I know I'll be there.

deps
09-12-2006, 06:09 AM
man i can't wait!!!!! if anyone wants to hang out before or after the show...let me know...

its gonna be HERBALICIOUS....and i wish i knew where to get some psylocibin...

jlujan28
09-12-2006, 07:06 AM
its gonna be HERBALICIOUS....and i wish i knew where to get some psylocibin...[/QUOTE]

man ill stick around.

IciclemanX
09-12-2006, 07:21 AM
its gonna be HERBALICIOUS....and i wish i knew where to get some psylocibin...

man ill stick around.[/QUOTE]

I might stick around too

optimistic-pessimist
09-12-2006, 09:17 AM
I am so going to have trouble working today. Hopefully I can get out of here and not get stuck in traffic and miss ISIS. If I do I could always catch them in Austin on Wednesday. The're playing at EMO's. Here's a quote from the EMO's site.

"On one of their off nights of the TOOL tour, isis will play emos with local favorites My Education and Giant Squid. And if you heard a rumor that TOOL has been getting up and jamming with Isis on their offnights, that rumor may very well be true tonight!"

Tickets are $12.50, I know I'll be there.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'd love to go... now I just need to figure out a place to stay in Austin on Wed night.

roomservice
09-12-2006, 09:18 AM
why do i keep hearing reports from all my friends and radio and shit that tool is cancelling tonight???? wtf, over...

scrody312
09-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Heard 9/12 San Antonio and 9/14 Dallas are postponed....damn, was looking foward to a short set list and a sick Maynard....

CaseLogic
09-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Heard 9/12 San Antonio and 9/14 Dallas are postponed....damn, was looking foward to a short set list and a sick Maynard....

Is this true? wtf's gonna happen?

optimistic-pessimist
09-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Not to fan the fire or anything, but a cancellation would seem entirely possible. I seem to remember them doing something similar for a show or two back in '01 or '02... also when Maynard was sick. It would be somewhere in the news archives on t.d.n. if that were the case.

Anyway, toolband and toolarmy sites are down for maintainence. Seems like if there were a cancellation, they would have announced it and posted it there by now.

SiriusA
09-12-2006, 09:33 AM
And it's cancelled.why?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SiriusA
09-12-2006, 09:33 AM
it's cancellad niggas

msj
09-12-2006, 09:34 AM
http://www.attcenter.com/events/detail.asp?EventID=707&EventDateID=803

God Damnit.

IciclemanX
09-12-2006, 09:38 AM

God Damnit.

FUCKING GOD DAMNIT THAT RUINED MY WHOLE FUCKING DAY

IciclemanX
09-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Postponed to be more correct

msj
09-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Event Date: September 12, 2006
Event Time: 8:00 PM
TOOL Postpones September 12 Engagement

The September 12 show with TOOL at the AT&T Center in San Antonio has been postponed due to illness.

The September 12 show will be rescheduled for another date and all tickets purchased for the September 12 show will be honored for that rescheduled performance.

Information regarding the rescheduled date will be forthcoming.

Once the rescheduled date has been announced, if you are unable to attend, refunds will be made available at the point of purchase.

QuantumMind
09-12-2006, 09:49 AM
GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY

QuantumMind
09-12-2006, 09:49 AM
At least we wont get a crappy show like the Woodlands got. (just trying to be optimistic)

texan
09-12-2006, 10:03 AM
So they canceled the SA show but are still playing in Dallas? The bottom link is from the Dallas site. I'm at work so any news is appreciated. :(

http://www.americanairlinescenter.com/index.cfm/Fuseaction/Page/PageID/78/EventID/1904

CaseLogic
09-12-2006, 10:08 AM
rumor has it Dallas it cancelled too?

CaseLogic
09-12-2006, 10:09 AM
maybe not, there's no announcement on the A&A center website...

I feel bad for the Houston fans who felt they deserved a reschedule and didn't get one =/

CaseLogic
09-12-2006, 10:10 AM
I don't know why you guys are THAT upset... I was looking forward to the concert all summer, yes, but not to one where Maynard can barely sing.. (read the Woodland reviews). I'd rather have a concert actually worth the money I spent =)

And there's no word on Dallas as of yet (but I'm personally going to the SA show)

CaseLogic
09-12-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm happy about the postponement... I'd rather get a $50 show than pay $50 for a sick Maynard, even though I was looking forward to tonight a whole lot.

Spectrix
09-12-2006, 10:15 AM
I say " Fuck your God, your lord your christ. He did this, made maynard sick and, took our show away, another day, another day, and you never thought to question why. It's not like you fucked someone, it's not like you fucked and broke your knees, talk to maynards dicks as if he knows of the disease, hope he heals soooooooooooooohhhhoooonnnnn."

erkee
09-12-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm depressed, but glad it is postponed... I just hope it doesnt happen to end up as a cancellation cause they cant figure out where to fit it in...

more than anything, get well Maynard.

polyrythmic987
09-12-2006, 10:18 AM
It sucks but then again, I wish that they wouldn't have played last night with Maynard's condition. I was really disappointed with the show last night so I'm glad to see them in a month rather then see them tonight with another short set with hardly any vocals. Hopefully sometime in October maybe they'll come back, just wish they would have cancelled last night also though...plus there's always the prospect of tool remembering the postponement then coming back to tear shit up next time when Maynard's healthy again.

texan
09-12-2006, 10:19 AM
I don't know why you guys are THAT upset... I was looking forward to the concert all summer, yes, but not to one where Maynard can barely sing.. (read the Woodland reviews). I'd rather have a concert actually worth the money I spent =)

And there's no word on Dallas as of yet (but I'm personally going to the SA show)

Ah... Yeah, dude. You go to tonight's show and tell me how it goes. Do that.

Owned.

Violent Rapist
09-12-2006, 10:20 AM
FUCK TOOL THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT, I DROVE 5 FUCKING HOURS TO GET HERE FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT TOUR AND THESE MOTHERFUCKERS CANCEL ON ME, FUCK MAYNARD UP HIS ASS, HE CANCELS MY SHOW BUTSTILL DOES THE CALI ONES?! WHAT THE FUCLK?!?!? FUCK THAT PIECE OF SHIT, I HOPE HE SOMEHOW SEES THIS SHIT, ARE YOU GONNA PAY FOR MY GAS BITCH!? FUCK YOU, seriously though, fuck maynard. ******. FUCK THE POT BITCH I HOPE EVERYONE HITS YOU WITH WATER BOTTLES, PUSSY

plexus
09-12-2006, 10:22 AM
I say " Fuck your God, your lord your christ. He did this, made maynard sick and, took our show away, another day, another day, and you never thought to question why. It's not like you fucked someone, it's not like you fucked and broke your knees, talk to maynards dicks as if he knows of the disease, hope he heals soooooooooooooohhhhoooonnnnn."

that was so... so... .... lame.

does anyone know when they'll play the postponed show? any word at all?

texan
09-12-2006, 10:22 AM
FUCK TOOL THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT, I DROVE 5 FUCKING HOURS TO GET HERE FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT TOUR AND THESE MOTHERFUCKERS CANCEL ON ME, FUCK MAYNARD UP HIS ASS, HE CANCELS MY SHOW BUTSTILL DOES THE CALI ONES?! WHAT THE FUCLK?!?!? FUCK THAT PIECE OF SHIT, I HOPE HE SOMEHOW SEES THIS SHIT, ARE YOU GONNA PAY FOR MY GAS BITCH!? FUCK YOU, seriously though, fuck maynard. ******. FUCK THE POT BITCH I HOPE EVERYONE HITS YOU WITH WATER BOTTLES, PUSSY

Take it easy, Violent Rapis. You should have seen this coming with the reports of him being sick on the California and Arizona reviews. You're just going to have to dig deeper.

Spectrix
09-12-2006, 10:23 AM

polyrythmic987
09-12-2006, 10:24 AM
HE CANCELS MY SHOW BUTSTILL DOES THE CALI ONES?! WHAT THE FUCLK?!?!?

Your show??? haha...it's not his fault he got sick, they could have announced it earlier though. I'm wondering how many people actually know yet, since tool's site is down at the moment anyways...

"263739"
09-12-2006, 10:24 AM
Postponing the show shows that they care...get better soon Maynard

IciclemanX
09-12-2006, 10:26 AM

Get the fucking dildo out of your ass, he's sick, it fucking happens. Yay for us who will go to it when it's rescheduled and see a bigger and more badass setlist to make up for it.

texan
09-12-2006, 10:27 AM
There are going to be alot of upset people out there today. Feel bad for my friend, it would have been her 1st time at a Tool show. I'm not taking the news that bad I've seen them 3 times already.

Spiral out.

texan
09-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Get the fucking dildo out of your ass, he's sick, it fucking happens. Yay for us who will go to it when it's rescheduled and see a bigger and more badass setlist to make up for it.

Definitely. Something bigger will be coming. These guys, when healthy, know how to put a hell of a show on.

F' your short memories.

cgraham
09-12-2006, 10:31 AM
It is for real, I got a message from ticket master saying they will be rescheduling.

I also came from Canada to see them here.

Argh.

Get well Maynard..Please...soon...I am not here forever!

CaseLogic
09-12-2006, 10:34 AM
If I were to take a guess, they will come back to SA at the end of their US tour (mid October). That is, unless they want to fly to SA in between two dates.

Caduceus11
09-12-2006, 10:38 AM
MAYNARD IS SICK...RESCHEDULED....TALK ABOUT DISSAPOINTED...

Chronicle0
09-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Man that sucks, connections to the first live wings for marie maybe?

JoeyVWEA
09-12-2006, 10:42 AM

Calm down asshole... If you don't like them so much... I think you should get off this Forum and well don't go to the concert... I don't need a negative piece of shit ruining my concert simply because you have nothing better to do with your time. Next time don't buy a ticket... simple as that... In fact give your ticket away because there are plenty more deserving fans that aren't able to go. I know a few so if you don't want your ticket i'll take it off your hands. Stop being a pussy!

texan
09-12-2006, 10:46 AM
If I were to take a guess, they will come back to SA at the end of their US tour (mid October). That is, unless they want to fly to SA in between two dates.

You know, they're not playing anywhere on Oct. 31. Hmmm....

Although I have seen APC in SA on Halloween. Was a couple of years ago and 1 fine show. Maynard was in a Bozo the Clown-like suit. Fat belly, red nose, and big clown shoes. Oh well....

mindseye
09-12-2006, 10:53 AM
After seeing the performance last night, I'm sure he's sick as a dog. I don't think he sang trough a full song..... But I do hope this is in fact rescheduled and not eventually cancelled.

Malisk
09-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Shit...well whatever. Get well soon Maynard.

oh ya. and FUCK LA. I now agree with Aenima. I hope to see you all in Arizona Bay.

Spiritual Release
09-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Tonight's show featuring Tool has been POSTPONED due to illness. The show will be rescheduled for a later date and all tickets purchased for tonight's show will be honored for the rescheduled performance.

Well I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer. This sucks....................

paraflux
09-12-2006, 10:59 AM
damn. Perhaps they should have started this yesterday imo.

smirk
09-12-2006, 10:59 AM
damn, I'm goin monday

hope all is good by then

secular glitch
09-12-2006, 11:00 AM
im going thursday...

bozziodrummer000
09-12-2006, 11:01 AM
friday over here

flyin to kansas city ftw..
fuckin soouth east

Dirty Sanchez
09-12-2006, 11:03 AM
Sucks when shows get cancelled on such short notice.

paraflux
09-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Shit happens.

You guys would rather this happen than have a lackluster performance.

Useful)(Idiot
09-12-2006, 11:12 AM
man i was REALLY looking forward to seeing Tool for the first time. I'd be lying if i said i weren't disappointed. does anybody know what he's sick with?

secular glitch
09-12-2006, 11:16 AM
man, after reading the houston reviews, i HOPE they postpone the dallas show.

Skeeler
09-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Does anyone know if they began to set up at the att center or did they never arive

theprosperone
09-12-2006, 11:33 AM

You're a dumb bastard. You should be glad that they realized their show wasn't up to par with him being sick and they wanted you to have the best show they can so they'll reschedule. A 5 hour drive really isn't a big deal either, chill out and grow up.

operativex
09-12-2006, 11:35 AM
sucks that the show is postponed, but like has been said before, it's better to see them rockin out in good health than struggling thru a performance and sounding like doodoo. Get well soon Tool and we'll see ya soon!

rachelrabbit23
09-12-2006, 11:48 AM
It's a good thing they postponed the show for tonight. Last night was horrible and they should play another show for Houston for free when they come back to play S.A.

I do feel sorry for all of those people who were coming from all over to see this show. It does suck to spend all that time, gas money and/or flight tickets for a show to be cancelled. Sorry guys. Come to Austin and go to the ACL fest to see Massive Attack this weekend. ;)

Violent Rapist
09-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Take it easy, Violent Rapis. You should have seen this coming with the reports of him being sick on the California and Arizona reviews. You're just going to have to dig deeper.

are YOU GOING TO PAY FOR MY FUCKING GAS!??!?! DEEPER?! DEEPER INTO MY FUCKING WALLET FOR THE NEXT 5 HOUR TRIP!? FUCK ALL THAT

paraflux
09-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Massive Attack is coming to Houston too... no need for that trip I guess

Violent Rapist
09-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Calm down asshole... If you don't like them so much... I think you should get off this Forum and well don't go to the concert... I don't need a negative piece of shit ruining my concert simply because you have nothing better to do with your time. Next time don't buy a ticket... simple as that... In fact give your ticket away because there are plenty more deserving fans that aren't able to go. I know a few so if you don't want your ticket i'll take it off your hands. Stop being a pussy!

i wrote that about 5 seconds after i found out it was cancelled, i was really pissed, either way, i would rather them cancel it the DAY BEFORE not the DAY of the show, we left yesterday, we could have saved a trip

Violent Rapist
09-12-2006, 11:53 AM
You're a dumb bastard. You should be glad that they realized their show wasn't up to par with him being sick and they wanted you to have the best show they can so they'll reschedule. A 5 hour drive really isn't a big deal either, chill out and grow up.

oh shut the fuck up, i'd feel better if this wasn't the first fucking tool show i was going to, fuck the rest of you that have seen them 10+ times

IciclemanX
09-12-2006, 11:53 AM
are YOU GOING TO PAY FOR MY FUCKING GAS!??!?! DEEPER?! DEEPER INTO MY FUCKING WALLET FOR THE NEXT 5 HOUR TRIP!? FUCK ALL THAT

No, nobody is. I don't really think Maynard gives a fuck about little bitches like you who don't give a fuck about him. He chose quality over speed. He's only human, and problems arise. I would think that he would give a big fuck you to you, and a much better show for us who wished him better. And remember that 5 hours is a bitch drive compared to what a lot of other people went through and paid for, and aren't being crybabies about it, yet they're acting rather respectfully.

IciclemanX
09-12-2006, 11:55 AM
oh shut the fuck up, i'd feel better if this wasn't the first fucking tool show i was going to, fuck the rest of you that have seen them 10+ times

This would have been my first Tool show too. I've had the worst week, no, month of my life, and this was going to be my outlet for all of the pain and frustrations. But oh fucking well, shit happens, we're all human. It's just gonna make the new show all the more better.

Violent Rapist
09-12-2006, 11:56 AM

hopefully he'll stop doing the pot by then

rachelrabbit23
09-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Massive Attack is coming to Houston too... no need for that trip I guess

I'll be there too. :)

Violent Rapist
No, nobody is. I don't really think Maynard gives a fuck about little bitches like you who don't give a fuck about him. He chose quality over speed. He's only human, and problems arise. I would think that he would give a big fuck you to you, and a much better show for us who wished him better. And remember that 5 hours is a bitch drive compared to what a lot of other people went through and paid for, and aren't being crybabies about it, yet they're acting rather respectfully.

175 for non floor seat, 5 hours drive up, five hour drive back, five hour drive up again for the next show, five hour drive back. couldn't they at least post the day before the show? or was he too sick to tell someone?

texan

No, but I can spot you for a couple of beers if your in town. Where are you driving from anyways?

Anybody in Austin up for a pseudo-meet-and-greet? Now we have some time since the show was postponed. We can hit a POS hole-in-the-wall place and drink our sorrows away. 1st UT losing to OSU, Cowboys going down to the Jags, and now this.

IciclemanX
09-12-2006, 12:00 PM
175 for non floor seat, 5 hours drive up, five hour drive back, five hour drive up again for the next show, five hour drive back. couldn't they at least post the day before the show? or was he too sick to tell someone?

Likely it wasn't decided and they were trying to hold out to see if he would get better, not a big deal, they wanted to make sure he couldn't do it.

IciclemanX
09-12-2006, 12:01 PM
No, but I can spot you for a couple of beers if your in town. Where are you driving from anyways?

Anybody in Austin up for a pseudo-meet-and-greet? Now we have some time since the show was postponed. We can hit a POS hole-in-the-wall place and drink our sorrows away. 1st UT losing OSU, Cowboys going down to the Jags, and now this.

Meet and greet?

texan
09-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Or whatever?

IciclemanX
09-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Or whatever?

Oh I thought you meant Tool or Isis was doing a meet and greet, not us

Undone
09-12-2006, 12:06 PM
I just hope they lleave the status at postoned and don't turn it into cancelled! I can wait until whenever, I just don't want to miss out on this part of the tour. Anyone else thinking of buying cheap seats to the Dallas show just in case this SA one ends up cancelled?

Undone
09-12-2006, 12:07 PM
And anyone that's bummed out, check out ISIS at Emo's tomorrow.

optimistic-pessimist
09-12-2006, 12:14 PM

Dude I took my whole week off of work. I got tickets to all three Texas dates. I suffered through last night's lackluster performance. I drove 7 hours to be here and I still have to drive to Dallas to pick my girlfriend up when she flies in, even though there may not be a show there. I'm disappointed and pissed too, but I'm not going to cry and bitch and moan and threaten the band. Goddamn that was a childish post. How old are you? Oh nevermind... you're the kind of person who has "Violent Rapist" and "AK47intheface" as screennames.

IciclemanX
09-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Dude I took my whole week off of work. I got tickets to all three Texas dates. I suffered through last night's lackluster performance. I drove 7 hours to be here and I still have to drive to Dallas to pick my girlfriend up when she flies in, even though there may not be a show there. I'm disappointed and pissed too, but I'm not going to cry and bitch and moan and threaten the band. Goddamn that was a childish post. How old are you? Oh nevermind... you're the kind of person who has "Violent Rapist" and "AK47intheface" as screennames.

Owned

Violent Rapist
09-12-2006, 12:21 PM

i was angry, whatever, i got over it for the most part, i understand why you're pissed too, but, just for the record FUCK YOU DOUCHEBAG YOU WENT TO EVERY OTHER SHOW YOU ASSHOLE, ah fuck getting angry about what you douches say, you're not even real, later

optimistic-pessimist
09-12-2006, 12:21 PM
damn. Perhaps they should have started this yesterday imo.

I agree, they should have postponed the Houston show. As disappointing as that was, it wouldn't have been as bad as the disappointment caused by last night's show.

optimistic-pessimist
09-12-2006, 12:22 PM
i was angry, whatever, i got over it for the most part, i understand why you're pissed too, but, just for the record FUCK YOU DOUCHEBAG YOU WENT TO EVERY OTHER SHOW YOU ASSHOLE

Thanks for the laugh. I'm sorry that I have a good job and can afford to do what I want. It doesn't make this week any less of a disappointment, and it doesn't make you any less of a child.

Violent Rapist
09-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the laugh. I'm sorry that I have a good job and can afford to do what I want. It doesn't make this week any less of a disappointment, and it doesn't make you any less of a child.

fuck it, i do what i can, and i'm not old

Useful)(Idiot
09-12-2006, 12:28 PM
can't we all just mourn together instead of bickering? fans that mourn together stay together! lol jk, this sucks. missing tool on the first time i would've seen 'em really blows. anyway, hopefully we get an awesome show, if and when they do come back.

Parallel
09-12-2006, 12:32 PM
fuck it, i do what i can, and i'm not old

you're not good enough for tool, you know?
obey/respect/honor maynard

Violent Rapist
09-12-2006, 12:33 PM
yeah, sorry for all that pissing and moaning, but this does SUCK. whatever

Parallel
09-12-2006, 12:34 PM
yeah, sorry for all that pissing and moaning, but this does SUCK. whatever

your icon is making me tingly
it's like the vibes are coming off his hair
but really let's compare

me : shitty bob dylan concert for $55, shitty seats, panic attack, too much pot in the air

you : tool rescheduling for a date where they can give you their best performance (which will blow your mind, i promise)

hmm... let's try to compare!

i definitely wouldn't mind a rescheduled date if i could get a '65 bob dylan concert. i wouldn't mind a rescheduled date that i had to REPAY for if i could get a '65 bob dylan concert! ):

AND i guess 5 hours worth of gas sucks for you too, but at least you had people pitching in for that. i wont have that when i gotta drive to mansfield or to hartford, or to any of them. and i'm sure tool will feel like they owe something to you guys for postponing, so you'll more than likely get more than your money's worth. lucky you!

IciclemanX
09-12-2006, 12:47 PM

Are you in SA? That sucks hard that you've went through all that, I can try to make it up if you're in town man, I bought an expensive blunt that I won't smoke for the show now.

TXB4Z
09-12-2006, 12:54 PM
like every one else i am disappointed the show was cancelled but im glad it was cause i dont want to see some sub par performance. i would be real fucking pissed if they still had the show and maynard couldnt sing and the set was shorter. ill just catch them when they do the make up show.

deps
09-12-2006, 01:02 PM
i'm so glad they canceled this show. This would have ben my 9th tool concert and i was the one pissing and moaning about the same setlists every show. now as some sort of magick i will be getting a better show than i could have ever imagined....

do you see what happens when you work around the negative....it becomes a positive....

i hope you get well soon maynard and i hope the guys aren't giving you too much shit for it...hopefully i'll see any of you at austin tommorrow....

Raagers
09-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Hey Violent Rapist, if it makes you feel any better, I drove 6 & 1/2 hours alone for this show.

optimistic-pessimist
09-12-2006, 01:48 PM
obey/respect/honor maynard

Err... that's not what I was going for. He's not god, nor someone that any of us should follow unconditionally. He's a talented musician who has some interesting insights. He's not a prophet, and he's not infallible.

I'm not saying that this situation doesn't suck, and that we shouldn't be allowed to be disappointed. All I'm saying is that he can't control being sick, and it is DEFINITELY a better decision to postpone a show than try to perform when you can't. Trust me on that... because I saw what happened last night. I saw it all too clearly from the front row. The Houston show was going to be the highlight of my week because I got that pit ticket, and now it feels like it was almost wasted. But hey... they made the decision to play, and they did what they thought was best at that moment. Turns out it wasn't the best decision, but that happens sometimes.

Also let me say that... to those of you who believe that we'll get some kind of special performance when they do come back, don't get your hopes up. It might happen, sure... but just don't allow yourself to fall into that trap and then end up disappointed when the show doesn't meet those expectations. Yes they'll come back and play at 100% and it will be a great show, but expecting a longer show/ special songs/ etc. is not wise.

adm
09-12-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm sure you guys know how I feel, being that I'm so popular here. I'm glad they decided to postpone this show. Just cause I'm sure Meneudo will be feeling better when they play in mpls.

xPTCx
09-12-2006, 01:55 PM
"All good things come to those who wait"
I to am sad the show is canceled, but like alot have said, I would rather have it be a full on version of tool instead of one thats ailing.
Sorry to the travelers who will have to return to their place of origin unfulfilled. It will make the rescheduled show that much sweeter, albeit more hurtful to the pocketbook.
I am most certainly going to EMO's tomorrow night to see ISIS, who knows, maybe we will get a surprise.

Later............

Ganjalf
09-12-2006, 02:05 PM
GOOD NEWS

THEY ARE RESCHEDULING IT ACCORDING TO TICKETMASTER
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0C003CED7B083982?artistid=720703&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

thirdseason17
09-12-2006, 02:34 PM
It was really shitty of the band to cancel out on the DAY OF THE SHOW. But whatever, if it means having to wait longer for a better performance, that's fine.

Useful)(Idiot
09-12-2006, 02:47 PM
GOOD NEWS

THEY ARE RESCHEDULING IT ACCORDING TO TICKETMASTER
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0C003CED7B083982?artistid=720703&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

well thank god for that, i was really worried it was just gonna get cancelled altogether.

unicornpaco
09-12-2006, 03:10 PM
does anyone have any idea of when it will be?
has this ever happened before?
im so lost.
and tearful.

IciclemanX
09-12-2006, 03:15 PM
No, we don't know, we only know what the links say, and they don't even know, and yes, it has happened before, and not only to Tool. People get sick, and shit happens. Creed postponed a show here years back because Scott Stapp got in a wreck.

unicornpaco
09-12-2006, 03:18 PM
i meant with tool.
i was wondering about tool's history of dealing with this.
creed can suck my dick.

IciclemanX
09-12-2006, 03:25 PM
i meant with tool.
i was wondering about tool's history of dealing with this.
creed can suck my dick.

Too bad Mark Tremonti is one of the greatest guitar players out there.

And yeah, Tools done it before, but it beats me what happened. I don't pay attention unless it's in my town lol

trenee77
09-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Get well soon, Maynard, speedy recovery. I want my first time to be the very best.

Take plenty of Nyquil and call it a day.

semi-sentient
09-12-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm glad they postponed. I payed $300 for Section 20, Row 1 seats (lame scalpers buying up all the good shit) so I want this show to be as good as possible (like the Lateralus tour in 2k1). Maybe the new date will be on a Friday or something so I don't have to worry about driving my ass back to Austin late at night and working the next day.

AlltheteainChina
09-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Well, obviously Isis is still on for this stop, and like the guy earlier said, maybe you'll get a little more...some Altered Course action w/Justin maybe. Shit, even if he doesn't play with em, go see Isis, take some of the sting away.

Edit: I wasn't even going to this show anyway. Delete away.

IciclemanX
09-12-2006, 03:48 PM
What? Isis isnt still playing are they? :-/

texan
09-12-2006, 03:53 PM
I think he meant Isis in Austin.

erkee
09-12-2006, 03:56 PM
First, Maynard, get well.

What a shitty day...

I just hope they can find time to fit it in... postponed shows can and have turned into cancellations... I am going to stay positive though.

I am still amazed sometimes how much I fiend for Tool's music and their live shows.

thumphrey05
09-12-2006, 04:18 PM
a friend sent me this, thought i'd share:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright l feel like it is important for the Tool fans to know what really went on during last night's performance. I am a security guard at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion and let me first state that this is only my opinion, not the opinion of the Pavilion's staff or the venue itself. I am a big Tool fan, I love the band, the music. I believe they are musical geniuses and I am not here to bash the band or its music.

Everything seemed to be going well for the first three songs, but during Schism, my security supervisor came up to me and told me "The lead singer is about to walk off the stage, they don't know if the whole band is going to stop playing. If there is a riot, get to a safe spot immediately. They are preparing for anything backstage" I immediately thought that this was due to the fact that Maynard was sick. About 10 minutes later, my supervisor informed me that he was going to try to finish the set. He obviously did, and after the show, my supervisor told me that Maynard had threatened everybody numerous times to walk offstage and stop playing because he thought attendance was low. If you noticed, the band was supposed to come on stage at 9:00 but instead, they took the stage at 9:25. This was because Maynard thought there wasn't enough people in the house. I saw the report for the final attendance count, which was recorded at over 15,000 people. The pavilion has a capacity for 16,500. We consider that as being sold out. I don't really believe he was sick because when he sang what he sang, he didn't sound bad, not to mention the Rosetta Stoned scream. I still have a lot of respect for the band, but not for Maynard. Is he trying to imitate Axl?? I don't think it's fair to you, the real fans. And I don't think it's fair for you or for the staff, because he put everybody at risk. If he had walked out, and a riot had happened, it would have been his fault. Nonetheless, the band put on an amazing performance, and a good visual/light show. I hope they dont let us down the next time.

CaseLogic
09-12-2006, 04:47 PM
^^^

Is that a joke? That was posted in a thread earlier (musta been your friend, huh?), and is probably the lamest thing I've ever read, and not only is not rational in any way, but anyone who actually believes that is... gullible, to put it nicely.

I wasn't at the Houston concert, but I can easily tell from the reviews that his voice WASN'T good up until the middle of the concert. Also, the fact that he would possibly think that the crowd wasn't "enough" when the concerts sell out in 2 minutes, and scalpers start selling tickets for several hundred dollars makes no sense.

Stop posting that shit, dammit.

see: http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=1394025&postcount=25

Sp00k
09-12-2006, 05:11 PM
No shit. I find it VERY hard for Maynard or anyone that was at The Woodlands show to say there were not enough people. Every seat was filled and the lawn was a sea of people. No grass to be seen.

thumphrey05
09-12-2006, 05:13 PM
thats what i figured i just didnt see it posted anywhere. miscus'y.

Briznitch
09-12-2006, 05:13 PM

You seem to be the only one who wants to see a half-assed show. Maybe you can convince him to play in your hotel room then. 5 hours is not that bad of a drive. You'd rather have to not drive again but see a lame half-assed vocal-less show? You're an idiot. Calm down and realize how much better the future show is going to be. They cancelled it for YOUR benefit you know. And of course so Maynard could get better. All around there is not 1 reason to let the show go on, circumstances how they are. Man up and quit whining. You'll see it soon enough, and it won't be something that pissed you off cuz he couldn't barely sing.

rachelrabbit23
09-12-2006, 05:39 PM
a friend sent me this, thought i'd share:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright l feel like it is important for the Tool fans to know what really went on during last night's performance. I am a security guard at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion and let me first state that this is only my opinion, not the opinion of the Pavilion's staff or the venue itself. I am a big Tool fan, I love the band, the music. I believe they are musical geniuses and I am not here to bash the band or its music.

Everything seemed to be going well for the first three songs, but during Schism, my security supervisor came up to me and told me "The lead singer is about to walk off the stage, they don't know if the whole band is going to stop playing. If there is a riot, get to a safe spot immediately. They are preparing for anything backstage" I immediately thought that this was due to the fact that Maynard was sick. About 10 minutes later, my supervisor informed me that he was going to try to finish the set. He obviously did, and after the show, my supervisor told me that Maynard had threatened everybody numerous times to walk offstage and stop playing because he thought attendance was low. If you noticed, the band was supposed to come on stage at 9:00 but instead, they took the stage at 9:25. This was because Maynard thought there wasn't enough people in the house. I saw the report for the final attendance count, which was recorded at over 15,000 people. The pavilion has a capacity for 16,500. We consider that as being sold out. I don't really believe he was sick because when he sang what he sang, he didn't sound bad, not to mention the Rosetta Stoned scream. I still have a lot of respect for the band, but not for Maynard. Is he trying to imitate Axl?? I don't think it's fair to you, the real fans. And I don't think it's fair for you or for the staff, because he put everybody at risk. If he had walked out, and a riot had happened, it would have been his fault. Nonetheless, the band put on an amazing performance, and a good visual/light show. I hope they dont let us down the next time.

I think we already decided this was nonsense.

semi-sentient
09-12-2006, 05:49 PM
So, when do you guys think they are going to reschedule this?

I would think mid-October would be perfect. Looking at the tour dates, they don't have anything scheduled from October 8th thru November 2nd.

See here. (http://toolshed.down.net/tour/)

Surely they can make up the San Antonio and Dallas shows in that time frame. If they cancel, I'm going to be extremely pissed due to what I payed for the tickets. That and I've anxiously waited almost 5 years to see them again.

semi-sentient
09-12-2006, 05:51 PM
I might add that it would be awfully nice of the band to possibly do another Houston show with discounted prices for those who held onto their tickets. That seems incredibly unlikely, but would be cool of them nonetheless.

On second thought, scratch Houston. They should come to Austin so I can see them twice. ;)

Parallel
09-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Err... that's not what I was going for. He's not god, nor someone that any of us should follow unconditionally. He's a talented musician who has some interesting insights. He's not a prophet, and he's not infallible.

I'm not saying that this situation doesn't suck, and that we shouldn't be allowed to be disappointed. All I'm saying is that he can't control being sick, and it is DEFINITELY a better decision to postpone a show than try to perform when you can't. Trust me on that... because I saw what happened last night. I saw it all too clearly from the front row. The Houston show was going to be the highlight of my week because I got that pit ticket, and now it feels like it was almost wasted. But hey... they made the decision to play, and they did what they thought was best at that moment. Turns out it wasn't the best decision, but that happens sometimes.

Also let me say that... to those of you who believe that we'll get some kind of special performance when they do come back, don't get your hopes up. It might happen, sure... but just don't allow yourself to fall into that trap and then end up disappointed when the show doesn't meet those expectations. Yes they'll come back and play at 100% and it will be a great show, but expecting a longer show/ special songs/ etc. is not wise.

and the point i was trying to make in defense of violent rapist, is that all of what he said was pretty much on impulse frustration. i might have said worse, really, if i were in that situation and ditched out on school and my job to drive 5 hours for nothing, only to have to repeat the cycle over again whenever they come back. yeah, it would have sucked more had tool not performed up to par, but it would've been cool if they postponed it the day prior to the concert also. when you look forward to something so fucking much ( i dont think ive ever seen violent rapist look forward to ANYTHING with that much enthusiasm and hope and excitement) and it's pulled last minute, you're fucking low. period. whether that transitions into anger or sadness or empathy or whatever, i think it's legitimate to let it all be vented. he cooled down, apologized, and moved on. i just know if i were i nthe same position, my initial reaction would definitely be : PISSED OFF. in general. kind of like when i went to see a couple bands and the band i wanted to see had their lead singer rushed to the hospital a few hours earlier because he was sick. i was fucking mad. i probably said something negative in regard of him (and those fuckfaces didn't even postpone) that i obviously would take back now, but in the moment of finding that shit out, nothing else seems to matter except you're getting fucked over on many counts. and all though there are thousands of other people in the same situation, yours is the only one relevant at the time.

SterileEyes
09-12-2006, 06:20 PM

His screenname is Violent Rapist. Do you really expect him to say anything intelligent?

Dude, want a tissue?

If he didn't cancel you'd be bitching about how he couldn't sing/should've postponed instead of going on sick and you'd still wish for him to get pegged with bottles.

Edit - I see this guy apologized but I can't delete the post, so yeah...I read his retraction. I still say he'd complain either way though. And ok I admit it, I'd be frustrated too. If it makes him feel any better, even being in the 10th row for night two in L.A. couldn't make up for the fact that it was a totally half-assed show with a shorter set. I would've preferred a make-up date instead of what we got as well. Consider yourself lucky and go sell some drugs to make back your gas money ;)

thumphrey05
09-12-2006, 06:26 PM
I'm hoping for an Austin show the next time they come to America (probably the middle of next year or something). I'm planning on going to the San Antonio show sober, then possibly going to the next one high or on shrooms. We'll see I'm ready by then to put myself in that kind of position.

yeah, austin would be nice, live music capitol of the world!

yeah i was planning to go sober to the SA show then roll at the Dallas show but that plan seemed to go through :/

peripheral
09-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Not to fan the fire or anything, but a cancellation would seem entirely possible. I seem to remember them doing something similar for a show or two back in '01 or '02... also when Maynard was sick. It would be somewhere in the news archives on t.d.n. if that were the case.

Anyway, toolband and toolarmy sites are down for maintainence. Seems like if there were a cancellation, they would have announced it and posted it there by now.

you have a good memory. they cancelled a show in late august 2002 in normal, il. i had driven two hours down to my old college campus only to read the headline of the school newspaper TOOL SHOW CANCELLED. i was mad, but not as worked up as violent crybaby (seeabove for their lame post).

kevinskrazyklub
09-12-2006, 06:53 PM
i hope someone bans that violent rapist guy, by the way how can you report him?

optimistic-pessimist
09-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Eh... leave him alone. He was pissed and he posted a hissy fit. He got over it and apologized. Let's move on...

undertoes
09-12-2006, 07:14 PM
i feel sorry for maynard, i really do

mattmav45
09-12-2006, 07:48 PM
I would think mid-October would be perfect. Looking at the tour dates, they don't have anything scheduled from October 8th thru November 2nd.

See here. (http://toolshed.down.net/tour/)

Surely they can make up the San Antonio and Dallas shows in that time frame. If they cancel, I'm going to be extremely pissed due to what I payed for the tickets. That and I've anxiously waited almost 5 years to see them again.
The Dallas show still hasn't been cancelled or postponed yet. Maynard is going to have 2 full days of rest before that one, so we'll see if he's well enough to go on Thursday night.

Beezelbozo
09-12-2006, 08:04 PM

optimistic-pessimist
09-12-2006, 08:12 PM
The Dallas show still hasn't been cancelled or postponed yet. Maynard is going to have 2 full days of rest before that one, so we'll see if he's well enough to go on Thursday night.

I figure if they do decide to postpone Dallas, they'll announce it tomorrow, rather than waiting until Thurday, the day of the show. At least, that would be the decent thing to do.

El Scorcho
09-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Ummmmmmm, yeah... I flew halfway across the country to San Diego to see Audioslave only to find out the show was canceled a few hours beforehand. Granted, it was a side trip from our originally planned trip to LA, but it still cost time, money, hotel room, etc... That show was never made up. I got to see them on Hollywood Blvd the next day taping for Jimmy Kimmel Live, but we really couldn't see well and it just wasn't the same. Luckily I've seen them since then, but they really fucked me over that one time.

You're lucky Tool cares about you so much. Be grateful. I hope Maynard's better for the Chicago show next week...

Beezelbozo
09-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know if they began to set up at the att center or did they never arive

never arrived...the busses and trucks were told to head to Dallas after the Houston show, and 'given the next two days off'.....

goosenesque
09-12-2006, 08:30 PM
^If you don't mind me asking, how do you know they were told to head for Dallas? I'm curious because I figured they would cancel Dallas as well, but you make it sound like the band is planning on going forward with the Dallas show.