View Full Version : 2006/09/01 - Las Vegas, NV - Theater Under the Stars

swaps
07-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Tool
Theater Under the Stars, Las Vegas, NV
Friday, September 01, 2006

Emericana
07-09-2006, 09:19 AM
any news on to when tickets go on sale to this show?

lauralynn
07-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Does anyone know where this venue is at in vegas? My best friend lives in vegas and we usually see them at the thomas and mack center, but neither of us have ever heard of this venue and couldn't find anything about it on the web??? any info would be appreciated. thanks!

LostSniperLV
07-11-2006, 04:55 AM
The Hard Rock has had a venue called Theater under the stars in the past....
There is also a venue in Summerlin but that has been more family thing.....My money is on the hard rock.....

cheese
07-12-2006, 11:57 PM
it's the parking lot of the hard rock. for those of you familiar with the Hard Rock's 10th anniversary celebration, NIN was inside at The Joint where Tool played last time, while Bon Jovi played outside in the parking lot in a temporary setting... making parking even more of a hell than it normally is, but fuck it, it's tool, I'll park at lake mead and walk for this show.

Cardinal_Syn
07-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Question is.. When do tickets go on sale.

lauralynn
07-14-2006, 12:24 AM
thanks to all for the info on the venue. seems kind of a small place considering last time I saw them at the thomas and mack center and of course it was a sold out show. I understood why the warm-up shows were at small venues, well, cuz it was a warm-up tour, but I thought this was going to be a full show and just surprised to hear that they're playing in the parking lot of the hard rock??? oh-well, I'll be there either way!

keep checking ticketmaster for the onsale date. they just announced the bakersfield onsale for this sat. so I'm sure it's coming soon

Zombie_Jesus
07-17-2006, 09:21 AM
I have been calling the Hard Rock every day since I found out and they keep telling me that there is no info yet. I'll post the info as soon as I get it!

Cycloz
07-17-2006, 04:05 PM
I have been calling the Hard Rock every day since I found out and they keep telling me that there is no info yet. I'll post the info as soon as I get it!

Sweet.. keep us posted.

I can't find anything about the Theater Under the Stars anywhere, I'm beginning to wonder if it even exists (I get that it's the parking lot of the Hard Rock or something but man there's no info online that's for sure).

Been looking for a reason to get back to Vegas.

EDIT: Will this show go through Ticketmaster? Has anyone ever seen a show there help me out, I'm in WI so only luck I'm gonna have to get tix is if it's thru Ticketmaster.

Briznitch
07-17-2006, 05:06 PM
http://www.greatseats.com/seating_charts/Hard_Rock_Hotel_-_Theatre_Under_The_Stars_NV.asp

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GOOGLE SEARCH AND IT COMES UP. Use your heads.

And this place seems to somehow have already gotten tickets.
http://www.onlineseats.com/ResultsTicket.asp?evtid=383070
Just like when they played Hard Rock a few months ago, all tickets will be gone immediately because Tool's tour manager and the show's promoter have already sold them all to Vegas brokers and scalpers. Typical. Looks like we will all be paying over $120 to see them again. They COULD sell out Thomas and Mack, but I doubt the promoter and tour manager would make enough in their own fucking pockets if they played there. Hence, yet again, shitty Hard Rock.

WTF!?! If the first link doesn't work, just use this:
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=theatre+under+stars+las+vegas+NV&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
And scroll down to the "Great Seats" links halfway down the page.

HerbalK
07-17-2006, 06:46 PM
This really kinda pisses me off. I don't have and can't find actual capacity numbers online, but I have to believe the Theater Under the Stars accomodates thousands less than the T&M would. Not to mention how shitty parking would seem like it'd be with the parking lot used for the show. I swear, I'd better get tickets this time...

Cycloz
07-17-2006, 07:18 PM
http://www.greatseats.com/seating_charts/Hard_Rock_Hotel_-_Theatre_Under_The_Stars_NV.asp

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GOOGLE SEARCH AND IT COMES UP. Use your heads.

And this place seems to somehow have already gotten tickets.
http://www.onlineseats.com/ResultsTicket.asp?evtid=383070
Just like when they played Hard Rock a few months ago, all tickets will be gone immediately because Tool's tour manager and the show's promoter have already sold them all to Vegas brokers and scalpers. Typical. Looks like we will all be paying over $120 to see them again. They COULD sell out Thomas and Mack, but I doubt the promoter and tour manager would make enough in their own fucking pockets if they played there. Hence, yet again, shitty Hard Rock.

WTF!?! If the first link doesn't work, just use this:
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=theatre+under+stars+las+vegas+NV&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
And scroll down to the "Great Seats" links halfway down the page.

I do know what Google is. Believe me, I searched and searched. I also noticed some brokers had tickets available and saw the seating chart. What I couldn't find is one review of someone attending a concert there or not one mention of it on the Hard Rock site or forums.

Briznitch
07-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Well regardless what you did or didn't find, it IS in the Paradise Road parking lot of the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas. Godsmack is playing there soon, and many other have done so in the past. I myself am kind of surprised to not find a mention of it on Hard Rock's website, nor any photos anywhere. I know someone who helped set up the stage for Bon Jovi at the 100 year thing, I will ask her what it's like, where it's at, how big it is, etc. I do know they set up bleachers for the seats and the ground is most likely gen admission. And yes, parking will be a huge bitch. I reccommend getting there either 5 hours early and partying, or park at MGM and walk or something. I will probably get a cab from the strip somewhere and not worry about it.

And yes, I'm kind of fucking pissed that it is where it is. It's not even a real venue, and it's smaller than the real venue. I don't know what they are trying to pull, maybe they've got some kind of deal with Hard Rock or something. But it's bullsheite either way.

Briznitch
07-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Here is the message I got from the girl I know who sets up sometimes there:
The theatre under the stars is in the parking lot in front of hard rock. All the concerts I have set up are not huge. It's a normal big sized stage but not that much seating.

With what she compared it to, which none of you will know about, I am guessing it will hold about 7,000 max. Tis only a guess, and it actually may be way less than that. But yeah, it's gonna suck atmosphere wise. Tool, playing on a hot ass Sept 1 night on asphalt in a Las Vegas parking lot. Fucking real bright move. On a good note, if you don't get tickets, you can just stand somewhere across the street and hear the entire thing. Even get a good bootleg I'm sure. Maybe even sit somewhere else in the parking lot.

Fucking stupid ass hardcock.

btravis311
07-19-2006, 05:26 AM
So there's not gonna be any "official" Ticketmaster ticket sales for this show? Or has the info just not come out yet. I do also see that myriad brokers seem to have tickets available, which is discouraging. I've never dealt with any shows in Vegas, so is this how it always is? There's Ticketmaster sale scheduled for the Godsmack show at this same venue, though, so that's something. Any ideas?

Briznitch
07-19-2006, 04:54 PM
Yeah it will be on ticketmaster for sure but who knows when. Unfortunately, this is how all TOOL shows with my experience have been in Vegas. Nobody else has problems or plays stupid places in parking lots or sells out in less than 2 seconds. Then again, most of the bands I follow are way smaller than Tool. Wish they were playing Thomas and Mack or MGM.

toolhead777
07-20-2006, 06:27 AM
i emailed hard rock and the only info i got is that it holds 7,000 people got no info on when they go on sale i would assume it would be soon. regardless i have to get tickets cause i just booked my flight to vegas last night if i have to lie, cheat, and steal i wiil be at this show

Emericana
07-22-2006, 08:23 AM
so does ANYBODY have any info if these will go on sale at ticketmaster? or will the only sale be $125 tickets

usa4jer
07-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Here's the "venue", a la Google Maps.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=hard+rock+hotel,+las+vegas&ie=UTF8&ll=36.109315,-115.153375&spn=0.00309,0.003621&t=h&om=0

Should be....interesting.

Tertius Oculum
07-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Fuck. I really hope this doesn't suck. Last time I saw them was in CA in a huge arena. A parking lot sounds lame.

jake5824
07-24-2006, 10:42 AM
My gf took me to the theatre under the stars last yr to see the killers. The venue is pretty bad for a band like tool to be playing at its just like a small parking lot section next to the hard rock hotel, the sound is average for an outdoor show, but theres an airport close by and the planes fly overhead constantly and are loud.

Rhapsody
07-24-2006, 12:23 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0A003CF8C1747717?artistid=720703&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

spacement
07-24-2006, 03:01 PM
If you've got an Amex Blue Card tickets are on sale:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0A003CF8C1747717?artistid=720703&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Good luck everyone!

Briznitch
07-24-2006, 04:00 PM
FUCK some american express blue card bullshit. So let me get this right, last time they played here, their tour manager and the promoter sold all the tickets to scalpers before they went on sale to the public (told to me by the scalping agency I bought mine from). NOW, only the rich fucks with a fucking blue card can get tickets at first? What happend to FAN PRESALES, not RICH PRESALES. This is fucking bullshit I tell you. But, with 7,000 available I'm sure to at least get 3 of them if I'm on at 11:58am Sat. morning.

I'm still standing my ground saying this is complete bullshit. Way to let your fans have first crack, Tool. It's all about the benjamins.

And true, I didn't even think about the planes flying overhead. Every time I go by the Hard Rock, yeah it's fucking noisy plane city. Great choice to play, all around! I'm really impressed with this venue, wow.

Anybody with a Blue Card, buy 3 tickets and I will wire you the money through paypal immediately from my bank account. They have excellent seats on sale right now.

toolhead777
07-24-2006, 06:07 PM
wtf this is such bs. if i dont get tickets on sat i may do something very bad. tool has really disapointed me this time. if its true wait briznitch said i just might have to start burning shit. i hope there are tickets left on sat. i have to go sit alone now also if anyone with an amex card and has 2 extra tickets u can contact me at [email protected]

Emericana
07-25-2006, 07:17 AM
I got 3 tickets! my dad has a blue card and i called him up and he hooked it up. i didnt get the best seets because i wanna trip at the show and didnt wanna necessarily be upclose and personal this time around... got west bleacher seats..

the thing about this is that they are ONLY LETTING AMEX CUSTOMERS DO WILL CALL TICKETS. which is annoying... makes it hard to sell if you have a extra ticket

jake5824
07-25-2006, 08:14 AM
I got 3 tickets! my dad has a blue card and i called him up and he hooked it up. i didnt get the best seets because i wanna trip at the show and didnt wanna necessarily be upclose and personal this time around... got west bleacher seats..

the thing about this is that they are ONLY LETTING AMEX CUSTOMERS DO WILL CALL TICKETS. which is annoying... makes it hard to sell if you have a extra ticket

tripping at a metal show, have fun with that.

Emericana
07-25-2006, 09:27 AM
will do... have the blotters all ready... gonna be seein E motha fuckin T

maynerdz
07-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Hey E mutha fuckin T,

Is your dad gonna be tripping with you too?

"ONLY the card holder with photo ID and the card used can pick up WillCall tickets."

Lay off the acid, kid.

Emericana
07-25-2006, 07:45 PM
actually he is. we are gonna beat off together into a cup first and then drink it too. that fucks you up even more when you are on acid

Briznitch
07-26-2006, 02:09 AM
I tripped at Tools first leg of Lateralus tour, with the contorsionists and all hanging from the ceiling. I must say, best tripping experience ever was at that show. Madison, WI. The splatterpaint walls were fucking with me by the bathrooms right after Meshuggah, and the entire crowd was like a swarm of ants, watching a fucking amazing band. Tool's videos, along with great music and contorsionists that didn't even look like humans to me, make for an excellent trip concert. Wish I was with ya, man. The new tunes rock tripping, too. I can only imagine.....

toolhead777
07-26-2006, 09:57 AM
anyone score tickets via amex bs. there better be tickets left for sat sale. i will be there no matter what. Im flying in on 8/29 and spending a week there. good luck to everyone on sat. hopefully no 1 will be left out. Acid in vegas? sounds like fear and loathing.................

AcquiredHate
07-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Anyone able to provide a legit URL or number to call for the AMEX deal? Thanks

Briznitch
07-26-2006, 08:25 PM
They were having a presale on the page at ticketmaster.com but it is now over. No more presale, tix are on sale sat at noon vegas time.

Zombie_Jesus
07-27-2006, 05:36 PM
THIS IS GOING TO PISS EVERYONE OFF BUT...
The floor is ALREADY sold out for this show!!! :(
My friend works at the Hard rock and she said there are no more floor seats for the public, all the blue amex business owners bought them all up!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't beleive her so I put in an order (acting like I had a blue amex) for a "floor" ticket and ticketmaster.com said "your request is unavailable", so I put in an order for "best available" and they gave me seats and row numbers!!!!!!!! SO VERY PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!

toolhead777
07-28-2006, 08:36 AM
THIS IS GOING TO PISS EVERYONE OFF BUT...
The floor is ALREADY sold out for this show!!! :(
My friend works at the Hard rock and she said there are no more floor seats for the public, all the blue amex business owners bought them all up!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't beleive her so I put in an order (acting like I had a blue amex) for a "floor" ticket and ticketmaster.com said "your request is unavailable", so I put in an order for "best available" and they gave me seats and row numbers!!!!!!!! SO VERY PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!
i not sure but it looks like there is more floor tickets than seats. also i talked to a rep from ticket master and she said there was a specific section that only amex could buy like west sect. but who knows for sure. i know the venue holds 7,000 so there should be some tickets left........anyone with an amex card get floor?

Briznitch
07-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Seats will be better anyways.

And if nobody noticed yet, up until yesterday it said prices were $65 - $85. Now, it only says $85. Funny how a whole price range worth of seats is gone, before the tickets are even on sale to the public. Vegas Tool shows are fucking bogus as fuck, I might look at the following dates in California instead, this is fucked up shit.

Emericana
07-28-2006, 05:34 PM
TICKETS ARE BACK.

I FUCKING GOT TICKETS FROM PRESALE. TICKETMASTER TOOK THEM AWAY.

TO QUOTE THIS FUCKING EMAIL:

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an
> important alert for
> your recently placed order. Unfortunately, the
> tickets/seats that you
> ordered from Ticketmaster for the Friday, September
> 01, 2006 performance of
> Tool scheduled at the Joint at Hard Rock Live were
> put on sale
> inadvertently, allowing you to order tickets before
> the general public
> onsale of Saturday, July 29, 2006.
>
> Due to this error, your ticket order will be
> refunded in full back to the
> credit card used to make the purchase, and your
> tickets will be cancelled
> and not valid for entry.
>
> If you are interested in attending this event, you
> may participate in the
> general public on-sale which begins Saturday, July
> 29, 2006 at 12PM PACIFIC
> TIME.
>
> We regret that we were not able to provide you with
> the tickets you ordered.
> We really appreciate your business and hope you will
> give us the opportunity
> to better serve you in the future.
>
> Ticketmaster Customer Service
>

COMPLETE FUCKING BULLSHIT

Briznitch
07-29-2006, 03:27 AM
Good, rich fucks don't deserve tickets before fans. Not saying you aren't a fan, but that's unfair and bullshit to begin with.

They are back to advertising both prices again. 6.5 hours.

Emericana
07-29-2006, 08:33 AM
i am a huge fan. you have no idea so please dont even consider not calling me one. yes i know the presale was unfair. i am not syaing that it wasnt. but you have no idea how happy i was that i finally scored tool tickets. i have tried getting tickets for around 10 various dates on this tour and on every single one ticketmaster has fucked me over. i finally got tickets this time and regardless of what you say, just robbing my tickets from me is complete and utter fucking bullshit.

Sp00k
07-29-2006, 09:07 AM
Good, rich fucks don't deserve tickets before fans. Not saying you aren't a fan, but that's unfair and bullshit to begin with.

They are back to advertising both prices again. 6.5 hours.

How does having an amex card make you a rich fuck? It's a credit card not $100,000,000 in cash.

Briznitch
07-29-2006, 10:45 AM
Isn't the blue card the one for richies?

maynerdz
07-29-2006, 10:46 AM
no it's the BLACK CARD... the one that bling bling, p diddy be speaking of

Briznitch
07-29-2006, 10:56 AM
i am a huge fan. you have no idea so please dont even consider not calling me one. yes i know the presale was unfair. i am not syaing that it wasnt. but you have no idea how happy i was that i finally scored tool tickets. i have tried getting tickets for around 10 various dates on this tour and on every single one ticketmaster has fucked me over. i finally got tickets this time and regardless of what you say, just robbing my tickets from me is complete and utter fucking bullshit.
Yeah man, I'm not calling you not a fan at all. I'm sure you are, you were excited bout getting tickets and wrote on this board. Just sayin, my point was that it was unfair. You understand I'm sure.

Hope you get tickets man, good luck to everyone!!!!

Briznitch
07-29-2006, 10:57 AM
no it's the BLACK CARD... the one that bling bling, p diddy be speaking of
I'm pretty sure they have Blue and Black, different limits. I know the black card is like the "anything you want" card. Blue is like a step below but still high limits, from what I've heard. Hence why nobody I know has one.

Briznitch
07-29-2006, 11:02 AM
WHAT THE MOTHER FUCK IS GOING ON???????? SOLD OUT WITHIN 6 SECONDS AGAIN? WHAT THE FUCK???????? I'M GONNA GO BURN DOWN THE HARD ROCK

FUCK THIS SHIT

Tertius Oculum
07-29-2006, 11:02 AM
What the fuck. Did it sell out already?! All I wanted was 2 tickets. But its showing there are none available.

Rhapsody
07-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Just for the heck of it I tryped in for 2 GA seats and had no problem?

Tertius Oculum
07-29-2006, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I got tickets now. Maybe they didn't have tickets until 5 minutes after 12?

Alright sweet, I got 2 floor tickets.

Granger
07-29-2006, 11:09 AM
sold out! Unreal 1 minute

Briznitch
07-29-2006, 11:09 AM
Yeah how the fuck did you do that when I can't get a single one for any section?

Briznitch
07-29-2006, 11:10 AM
I've been trying every 4 seconds

Rhapsody
07-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Sometimes I am successful and other times it says nothing is available...but it isn't sold out.

Briznitch
07-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Just got some on the phone, calling Illinois

dddaaannn93
07-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Finally got some after _many_ tries.....crappy seats i think though....south bleachers row U

HerbalK
07-29-2006, 11:19 AM
Guys, go to 65 dollar tickets, then select reserved seating. Tickets available!

Briznitch
07-29-2006, 11:30 AM
What is up with TM's site then? Sold out, then not sold out, then you can get 3, but not 2. Then, you can get 1. Then, sold out again. Then, you can get them again. Fucked up site I hate TM.

At least I'm goin. PHEW! I was gonna kill someone there.

HerbalK
07-29-2006, 11:30 AM
What is up with TM's site then? Sold out, then not sold out, then you can get 3, but not 2. Then, you can get 1. Then, sold out again. Then, you can get them again. Fucked up site I hate TM.

At least I'm goin. PHEW! I was gonna kill someone there.

Where your seats at?

Briznitch
07-29-2006, 11:35 AM
East Bleachers row 2 seats 52-53. Looks fuckin perfect to me, probably not much further than the sound board, and second row up. Perfect for me.

maynerdz
07-29-2006, 11:36 AM
i agree ticketmaster was screwy.. after 10 mins i got 2 floor tix when all previous tries said either sold out or $65.00 seats

Briznitch
07-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Probably from cards not going through and the system being overwhelmed at the time. I called some who-knows-what city in Illinois and couldn't get 3, but got 2. I'm glad though because they are awesome seats. Now as long as we can hear them over the planes flying overhead, we are set. Congrats guys! Fuck yeah.

HerbalK
07-29-2006, 11:42 AM
East Bleachers row 2 seats 52-53. Looks fuckin perfect to me, probably not much further than the sound board, and second row up. Perfect for me.

Word, the only 65 dollar section was South Bleachers and I got row P. Oh, well. I'm still not sure I'm gonna go, I'll wait to see the early setlists. At least I have the option though. The show WILL sell out, so I'll be able to get rid of the tickets if need be.

Emericana
07-29-2006, 11:55 AM
i managed to get 2 of the expensive floor seats... dont know how i managed to get them.... i am real happy..

dddaaannn93
07-29-2006, 12:17 PM
just got west bleachers, in the 50s, row P....

Briznitch
07-29-2006, 12:40 PM
The entire side bleacher seats are only 90-some seats long, which means almost any seat will be decent. If they are only fitting less than 100 people all the way to the back of the place, yeah. It's gonna rock.

Sp00k
07-29-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm pretty sure they have Blue and Black, different limits. I know the black card is like the "anything you want" card. Blue is like a step below but still high limits, from what I've heard. Hence why nobody I know has one.

Yea I've a blue amex for 6 years, but all it is is just a regular credit card. Nothing special. They came out with the blue cards so you can run a balance on them. The regular amex's you have to pay off every month.

Briznitch
07-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Then I was misinformed, but still glad the presale didn't go through. Rock on.

GullyFoyle
07-29-2006, 06:16 PM
I managed to get two tix to the show, but I had to purchase them one at a time, so they are seperated. If anyone else had this happen and wants to trade out a ticket let me know, My girlfriend isn't that big of a tool fan, and I'm sure she will bitch if she's not sitting next to me.
Seat location: section EAST, row K, seat 26
Seat location: section WEST, row P, seat 83

anyhelp would be appreiciated.
gf

Cycloz
07-29-2006, 07:12 PM
The pricing on these tix are weird. I ended up getting tickets middle South Bleacher Row M. Those tickets were $65 (not including the $12 Ticketmaster Convenience charge... convenient for them maybe).
Also got tix east bleacher Row N but seat number like 80, and these tickets were $20 a piece more. I don't know about you, but I would rather be straight back from the stage then on an angle and pocket twenty bucks.
Oh well, I'm not gonna complain at least I'm going. Just had to go this show, something about Tool outside in the middle of the desert seems like a once in a lifetime experience. Planes or no planes, I'm so pumped for this show!

Louis
07-30-2006, 08:13 AM
Ticketmaster sucks...i started refreshing the page 4 minutes before they went on sale. Once it finally changed to "Buy Tikets", i went trough, with 2 pc's and couldnt get 2 tickets. Eventually after trying for a few minutes, my gf was able to get 2 tickets but they are in the south bleachers!!!I'm coming from FL and i can't believe we'll stuck with nosebleeds after such a long trip, makes me almost not want to go. Anyone know if there'll be any chance, since its outside, to sneak into the floor? if not how's the view form the south bleachers? I read its a small venue maybe I'm not thaaaat far?

Cycloz
07-30-2006, 08:46 AM
I wouldn't worry Louis, as someone mentioned before the east/west bleachers are only 91 seats long to the beginning of the South Bleachers, so it can't be too bad.

Louis
07-30-2006, 09:21 AM
I hope so Cycloz...I'm really trying to get hyphed up for it. Hell i even went as far as going into ebay yesterday and bidding (and eventually winning ) floor tickets, only to have the seller cancel the auction after i had won, claiming there had been a mistake in the ebay ad. Yeah sure..selling tickets he didnt have sounds more like it. I guess 91 seats long isnt too bad....hope to see you guys out there..first time ever in Vegas, had to be for a special occasion. So far seems FL will be getting the shaft in this tour.

jake5824
07-30-2006, 09:44 AM
wow $85 that venue is just a small parking lot, the sounds sucks, the planes flying overhead totally ruin the mood of any show. at least your seeing tool but this board is going to be riddled with complaints unless its your first time seeing tool.

Briznitch
07-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Louis - you should be fine with the south seats. It's not very big from what I hear, plus being there are only 91 seats from stage to south bleachers, that's not bad at all. Yeah, the whole airplane thing sucks, lets just hope they play loud enough to drown it out. I think since it's not entirely huge it shouldn't be too bad. They have shows there all the time and I don't hear too many complaints.

Now if someone can stand outside the bleachers by the street somewhere and get a good bootleg, even video, that would rule. Perhaps there is a rooftop spot nearby, I might have to scope it out and pay someone to do it hehehe. Sept 1 can't come quick enough now.

Cycloz
07-30-2006, 10:13 AM
Found this on a review of The Killers at Theater Under The Stars:

"The far-reaching marketing mavens at the Hard Rock call the venue The Theater Under the Stars.

I call it The Parking Lot Along Paradise Road.

Fortunately, the concert's sharp sound drowned out passing traffic and the jetliners zooming by to land at the nearby airport.

Still, I offer a note to organizers: Throwing some bleachers, Porta-Potties and a stage up atop asphalt and calling it a theater is a bit like me potting a couple of ficus trees in my living room and dubbing it The Kalil Nature Preserve."

Taken from here:
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/Oct-09-Sun-2005/news/3751258.html

LOL, love that last line.

Briznitch
07-30-2006, 11:03 AM
That guy does some alright reviews sometimes.

Here yall go, from City Life this past week:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/briznitch/sept1.jpg

squid
07-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Isn't the blue card the one for richies?

No the blue is the one that lets you finance stuff--it's like a plain old visa card. So it's for "poor" people relatively speaking..

squid
07-30-2006, 12:06 PM
I'm confused--the tickets showed it to be at The Joint, which is inside, same as last time.

When I bought the tickets it said "GA-SRO" -standing room only, gen admission. But when I got the tickets it had seat numbers on it! Do I have seats or is it gen admission?

Briznitch
07-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Is there a section or row number listed or just seats? I've gotten GA tickets before with seat numbers just so they have a count, I suppose.

And Theatre Under The Stars isn't a real venue so maybe that's why it says The Joint on it. Or maybe they just want you to get really blazed since it's outside and it's Tool, hehe.

jake5824
07-30-2006, 04:04 PM
Found this on a review of The Killers at Theater Under The Stars:

"The far-reaching marketing mavens at the Hard Rock call the venue The Theater Under the Stars.

I call it The Parking Lot Along Paradise Road.

Fortunately, the concert's sharp sound drowned out passing traffic and the jetliners zooming by to land at the nearby airport.

Still, I offer a note to organizers: Throwing some bleachers, Porta-Potties and a stage up atop asphalt and calling it a theater is a bit like me potting a couple of ficus trees in my living room and dubbing it The Kalil Nature Preserve."

Taken from here:
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/Oct-09-Sun-2005/news/3751258.html

LOL, love that last line.

yeah if you look at an earlier post i went to that killers show in vegas with my gf the venue is nothing great, i didnt have high expectations because it is after all the killers who only have 1 album. but tools been around for over 15 yrs the only plus i see if you have any bleacher tickets thats basically a bleacher/general admission ticket

anarcho-commie
07-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Wow, you guys are getting ripped off in Vegas, I'm going in Denver and we didn't have to deal with any of this crap.

It's so un-Tool to have these presales. Or maybe it's not, Tool have always been dicks to their fans, yet we still love them unconditionally.

Also, by looking at the location on Google Maps (whoever posted that), wouldn't you be able to hear the show from outside? with out a ticket?

jake5824
07-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Wow, you guys are getting ripped off in Vegas, I'm going in Denver and we didn't have to deal with any of this crap.

It's so un-Tool to have these presales. Or maybe it's not, Tool have always been dicks to their fans, yet we still love them unconditionally.

Also, by looking at the location on Google Maps (whoever posted that), wouldn't you be able to hear the show from outside? with out a ticket?

the venue is right next to the hard rock hotel & casino. but not close enough to the street to see anything theres tree in the way and the bleachers cover up any view from the street, although people that had hotel rooms were able to sit out on their little deck part and watch a free show.

anarcho-commie
07-30-2006, 05:33 PM
the venue is right next to the hard rock hotel & casino. but not close enough to the street to see anything theres tree in the way and the bleachers cover up any view from the street, although people that had hotel rooms were able to sit out on their little deck part and watch a free show.

that's pretty cool, but still, wouldn't you be able to hear it?

I mean even if I couldn't get in, I'd chill outside the venue and listen to Tool play live, even though I wouldn't be able to see them. Better than nothing.

jake5824
07-30-2006, 06:38 PM
that's pretty cool, but still, wouldn't you be able to hear it?

I mean even if I couldn't get in, I'd chill outside the venue and listen to Tool play live, even though I wouldn't be able to see them. Better than nothing.

the sound outside the venue would just sound like noise being so far away.

Briznitch
07-30-2006, 11:51 PM
They probably will have security and not let you chill close enough to hear anything. But I suppose we will see! Too bad there isn't a show there before Tool otherwise I would go scope the situation out.

toolhead777
07-31-2006, 06:22 AM
well i got tickets in south bleachers took me a couple tries on sat threw ticketmaster bs but i scored. i am happy to be going to another tool show in vegas...........regardless what some have been saying im excited. and no matter what anyone says its still going to be TOOL IN VEGAS and that is good enough for me see you at the show!!!!!

Briznitch
08-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Anybody feel like getting together for a bit of partying a few hours before the show? Not sure where, but if anybody wants to hang, lets plan it up. I mean, not like there is much to do in Vegas or anything, but I'm sure we could figure out something..........

toolhead777
08-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Anybody feel like getting together for a bit of partying a few hours before the show? Not sure where, but if anybody wants to hang, lets plan it up. I mean, not like there is much to do in Vegas or anything, but I'm sure we could figure out something..........
sounds good were coming in from chicago and staying all week looking forward to it. always like meating tool fans...

Briznitch
08-01-2006, 07:09 PM
MEATing? Whoa you're scaring me!

hahahaha j/k we should hook something up in the coming weeks.

toolhead777
08-02-2006, 07:07 AM
MEATing? Whoa you're scaring me!

hahahaha j/k we should hook something up in the coming weeks.
lol sorry sometimes i dont even know what im typing what can i say we love "MEAT" up here in Chicago! lol anyways sounds good lets get in touch.............anyone else lets make it a party!

Briznitch
08-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Being from chicago, you ever see Aenima perform? Those dudes are badass, I miss them. I'm from Rockford, I'm sure you know where that is. My buddy from there is coming out too, lucky punk just saw Aenima last weekend.

Louis
08-02-2006, 06:46 PM
I'm guessing Aenima is a cover band, you lucky bastards, we dont even get that here in FL......
Oh yeah... me and me gf are going to be at the NV show as well...flying in thursday nite. There should be a decent TA turn out

Briznitch
08-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Yep, Aenima rules and if I can find somewhere to host free MP3's I'll post a live track I have of theirs. The drummer is god damn amazing, almost note for note with Danny's playing.

And this is not Tool related at all but it IS Hard Rock in Vegas related. Another badass show to go see there now:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/briznitch/massiveattack.jpg

toolhead777
08-03-2006, 06:31 AM
Being from chicago, you ever see Aenima perform? Those dudes are badass, I miss them. I'm from Rockford, I'm sure you know where that is. My buddy from there is coming out too, lucky punk just saw Aenima last weekend.
ive heard of them never seen them before but as you know there is nothing better than the real thing. im sure you dont miss the winter's here how long have you been in vegas?

Briznitch
08-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Been in Vegas since April 2005 and it's badass. Except for the fake people everywhere and nobody gives a shit about anything but themselves, it's nice to have the options we have here.

And yeah, nothing is better than the real deal as far as TOOL, but man, you've gotta catch those guys sometime. toolcoverband.com to see their dates. I'm tellin you, bad fucking ass. Light show, videos on the screens, drummer OWNS, everyone is just great. But man they were one of my favorites, and I saw at least 6 bands every single week when I lived in IL. I was a sound engineer so I saw it all. They fucking rule. Real cool guys too.

toolhead777
08-04-2006, 10:53 AM
i guess ill have to check them out but after tool season.....can you smell it? this is the time where i try to get fired from my job by traveling to as many tool shows as possible but i will check out aenima maybe when tool goes to europe this winter. hey louis you coming to our tool party? anyone else?

Louis
08-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Yeah I'm up for meeting up, where did you guys have in mind?....maybe we can meet up right there in the hard rock (the actual hotel/casino) and have a few drinks before the show?
Like I said we're flying on thursday nite so I am sure friday morning/early afternoon we'll be doing the "tourist thing" since I've never been to Vegas before, but I'm up for meeting up a few hours before the show. Only thing is like i said I really dont know Vegas so..Im sure i can find the hard rock but don't know about much else. I am sure as the date gets closer more people will start posting here and we can meet up. Of course all this assuming i can convince the gf haha..should be no problem though. I'll keep an eye on this thread often and see what develops. I know there's a couple of people in the ToolArmy site that want to get together before the show, maybe we can all meet up

toolhead777
08-06-2006, 06:56 PM
sounds good. hey 2 of my buddies bailed on me i got 2 extra tickets for the show. looking for what i paid 65.00, 10.50 convenience, 3.40 process, total charges $154.40 pm me or contact at [email protected]. thk.....south section row FF seats 15-16

GullyFoyle
08-08-2006, 11:43 AM
I've got a pretty good set (2) of tix I'm pondering getting rid of. They are split from each other:
If their setlist remains basically the same as the minitour, then I definately can't fork over the cash for the plane tix and hotel. However, if they start adding more and different songs then I'm going to try. So, if you haven't already seen a show off of this tour and want a good view, sitting down (read, to jacked up to stand) PM me after we see the setlists of a few more USA shows. Trying to get what I paid for them on TixMaster (100$ a piece after all the fees and crap).

gf

toolhead777
08-08-2006, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=GullyFoyle]I've got a pretty good set (2) of tix I'm pondering getting rid of. They are split from each other:
If their setlist remains basically the same as the minitour, then I definately can't fork over the cash for the plane tix and hotel. However, if they start adding more and different songs then I'm going to try. So, if you haven't already seen a show off of this tour and want a good view, sitting down (read, to jacked up to stand) PM me after we see the setlists of a few more USA shows. Trying to get what I paid for them on TixMaster (100$ a piece after all the fees and crap).

gf

the show should be good u should go

Briznitch
08-08-2006, 11:09 PM
I agree they better start switching up the setlist. There's some songs I'd much rather see than half that setlist they are currently playing. Grudge, Opiate, Third Eye, Pushit, H., Hooker, etc. Gimme some variance TOOL, I don't wanna see the same show I just saw a few months ago. I mean, I will and all, but I'd rather not. As long as I hear The Grudge that would be tight.

Briznitch
08-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Found this today if anybody still needs tickets:

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tix/192166698.html

gunslinger69
08-11-2006, 09:07 AM

We are heading in for the weekend and planned to hit the casino bar at the Hard Rock before the show. We made the Chicago show and it was awesome. Looking forward to this one as well. ANy hot female tool fans can crash in my hotel room as well. Look for me----I'l be the one wearing the black t-shirt

gunslinger69
08-11-2006, 09:10 AM
sounds good were coming in from chicago and staying all week looking forward to it. always like meating tool fans...

You were at the 5-13 show? Fucking awesome wasn't it?

toolhead777
08-11-2006, 11:07 AM
You were at the 5-13 show? Fucking awesome wasn't it?
it was by far the best ive experience out of the 11 times i have seen them. rosetta, lateralus, right in two were the highlights. i had 9th row center everything was perfect that night. you should come to the pre party and we have to get some tool ladies envolved in this...

Louis
08-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Can't wait...20 more days and i'll be on a plane to Vegas....i convinced my gf so we can go to the meet before the show, I guess as the show grows closer we'll sort out the details. The only bummer is i got south bleacher seats...i really hope its small and we can see ok.

Cycloz
08-11-2006, 11:35 PM
See you all there... just booked it tonight, staying at MGM. Where are you at in the south bleachers Louis? I'm in Row M somewhere in the 40's, maybe I'll see you there.

Louis
08-12-2006, 05:12 AM
See you all there... just booked it tonight, staying at MGM. Where are you at in the south bleachers Louis? I'm in Row M somewhere in the 40's, maybe I'll see you there.
According to this ticket we are in Row EE seats 1 and 2....damn sounds far....we even got to the double letters...no idea where that is. We're staying at the Aladdin hotel.

Edit:
I just saw a map of the venue, we're pretty much at the last row in the corner, talk about the worst spot!
Still trying to find some floor tickets...anyone had good experiences in ebay, apparently there's still people selling some for around 200 a pair, not too bad i guess...

Louis
08-16-2006, 01:53 PM
Damn this thread kinda died..anyways, just upgraded my nosebleed tickets to Floor. Can't wait!!!

Briznitch
08-16-2006, 03:05 PM
Craigs list for las vegas has some at cost if you still need any. At least they did the other day.

So who's up for this meetup? Only 16 days left bitches! Very anxious. And one thing I'm not doing is looking at any setlists before the show. From the arena tour that is. I want to be surprised. The internet kind of ruins that element these days so I'm gonna just go and see what I see. I'm hoping The Grudge is on there, if so I'm happy. Third Eye or Pushit would rule too but I'm not holding my breath on those.

Meetup early at Hard Rock or what?

toolhead777
08-16-2006, 05:27 PM
im not looking at any set list also the element of surprise is making my blood boil. i cant wait...meeting up at the hard rock before the show sounds cool but i still have 2 extra tickets to get rid of. im surprised no one has pm me on the tickets i posted but o well i should be able to sell them in vegas i hope but anyways counting the days also see you there...

Louis
08-18-2006, 10:11 AM
Early at the hard rock sounds good...i've never been there before so i guess we'll have to decide on a spot. I only know what I saw in the Food Network that they have a $7.77 "gambler's special" lunch in one of their restaurants haha..my kinda price.
There's one or 2 people I've talked to from ToolArmy who are up for meeting up as well so guess we just need to get a time and place.
I don't know how early you have to be to get in the "theatre" but heard they're pretty long lines so you gotta be there early....

Ps. Toolhead, did you sell your tickets? I am trying to sell mine too (the bleacher ones) and "supposedly" there's 2 people interested in TA. If i can get to sell mine to one of them I can let the other one know you got a pair maybe they're interested...

dmoney
08-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Wow I can't believe this show sold out in 1 minute I wanted to cruise down and see it but it sounds like the pre-sale was a bunch of shit. I'm glad that the SLC show didn't have a pre-sale I would have been pissed as fuck because I got up early and waited in line like you should if you want good seats, the SLC show didn't sell out for a few weeks though they even opened up seats behind the stage and sold those as well. Any of you Vegas fans coming up to Salt Lake to catch the show?

toolhead777
08-18-2006, 06:04 PM
Early at the hard rock sounds good...i've never been there before so i guess we'll have to decide on a spot. I only know what I saw in the Food Network that they have a $7.77 "gambler's special" lunch in one of their restaurants haha..my kinda price.
There's one or 2 people I've talked to from ToolArmy who are up for meeting up as well so guess we just need to get a time and place.
I don't know how early you have to be to get in the "theatre" but heard they're pretty long lines so you gotta be there early....

Ps. Toolhead, did you sell your tickets? I am trying to sell mine too (the bleacher ones) and "supposedly" there's 2 people interested in TA. If i can get to sell mine to one of them I can let the other one know you got a pair maybe they're interested...
no i did not sell them that would be cool if you could pass the word on, but im a ta member but i guess im not looking in the right spots to get rid of my tickets. ive been to the hard rock before when perfect circle was there and there are plenty of places to meet. hopefully the bar. lol but i think there is a couple of them, maybe the PINK TACO. but for sure louis let me know about the tickets. thk

Louis
08-19-2006, 10:17 AM
no i did not sell them that would be cool if you could pass the word on, but im a ta member but i guess im not looking in the right spots to get rid of my tickets. ive been to the hard rock before when perfect circle was there and there are plenty of places to meet. hopefully the bar. lol but i think there is a couple of them, maybe the PINK TACO. but for sure louis let me know about the tickets. thk

I haven't heard back form either...so I'm starting to worry they've backed down....I'll let you know if i hear form them though.

biscuitmega
08-19-2006, 01:53 PM
I Have two tickets I can't use
I'll sell them for Face value and I'll even throw in the shipping.
Section South
Row X
Seats 9-10
$154.40 Ticketmaster Price
I'll Take $150 and I'll ship them UPS 2 day air for free
[email protected]

Briznitch
08-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Meetup should be in the afternoon sometime, so we have plenty of time to see how the line situation is and party before having to wait to get in. I'd say 2 or 3, start drinkin. Anywhere inside the casino would be tight, they've got some bars and what not. Of course. I'll try to head over there in a week or so and scope spots out so we can figure it all out.

Briznitch
08-22-2006, 11:18 PM
Toolhead777 - and anybody else that was interested - I posted 2 songs from that Chicago tool cover band Aenima. Posted The Grudge and Third Eye live from a year and half ago in Rockford. Chizeck it out...

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/8/23/180843/Aenima02.m4a

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/8/23/180843/Aenima10.m4a

Not bad, but of course nobody is like the real thing. These guys jam tho, listen to that drummer. Go see them if you get a chance. toolcoverband.com. Dope light/video show too.

toolhead777
08-23-2006, 12:48 PM
they sound pretty good thk briz, cant wait for the show i leave for vegas tues aug 29th so we need to set final plans for our tool party. i remember there is a bar in the center of the hard rock or what ever you guys want to do, but come the 29th im not looking at a computer till i get home...

Louis
08-24-2006, 06:12 PM
That's pretty good indeed..i mean of course nothing like the real thing..but i wouldn't mind decent cover band play around our area..ya know since the real Tool seems to be avoiding us...Less than a week to go!!!

Ps. I still got my old tickets to get rid of (2) anyone need ticks (and leeches;) for the Vegas show let me know....at this point I rather let them go for less than face value rather than lose the money altogether......

toolhead777
08-24-2006, 06:22 PM
i think we should be able to sell them outside the venue...drunk, ya drunk scalping sounds like fun!!!!!

Briznitch
08-25-2006, 01:51 AM
You'll have people asking you for tickets left and right at the venue, guaranteed. Show up with tix, they'll be gone in no time if you want. Then you can buy us all drinks at the pre-party!

Speaking of, if I get time tomorrow I'll head down for a drink and scope the place out, so we can figure out a spot to meet up. Anybody got any ideas or plans yet, from ToolArmy or anywhere?

I think me and my buddies might park at Barbary Coast and have a couple at Margaritaville, then catch a cab over to Hard Rock. Fuck parking there, it's gonna be insane. Margaritaville at 2pm, head over to Hard Cock after that and party, then TOOL. 1 week away, this is gonna rule. Hope they don't serve strictly Bud inside. It's sponsored by Bud, so that's a bad sign as far as the beer is concerned.

toolhead777
08-25-2006, 07:40 AM
You'll have people asking you for tickets left and right at the venue, guaranteed. Show up with tix, they'll be gone in no time if you want. Then you can buy us all drinks at the pre-party!

Speaking of, if I get time tomorrow I'll head down for a drink and scope the place out, so we can figure out a spot to meet up. Anybody got any ideas or plans yet, from ToolArmy or anywhere?

I think me and my buddies might park at Barbary Coast and have a couple at Margaritaville, then catch a cab over to Hard Rock. Fuck parking there, it's gonna be insane. Margaritaville at 2pm, head over to Hard Cock after that and party, then TOOL. 1 week away, this is gonna rule. Hope they don't serve strictly Bud inside. It's sponsored by Bud, so that's a bad sign as far as the beer is concerned.

"Hard Cock"? whoa your scaring me!!!!! lol ya im sure il be able to get rid of the extras tics and order some shots. what bud is sponsoring it noooooooooo! were staying at the luxor and a cab ride is the only way i go but i dont care where we meet but something needs to be set in stone before i fly out tues. check it out briz and let us know

Briznitch
08-25-2006, 12:31 PM
I'll try to make some time today and get down there.

Briznitch
08-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Alright, went down there and checked it out. First of all, this show is gonna be pretty small. The parking lot is not very big at all. The only open space is pretty small, the rest is crowded by lights and palm trees so it can only be in that one spot. Fuckin sweet.

Second, found 2 bars inside to meetup at. I would suggest the "Viva Las Vegas Lounge", if you go in the main entrance by the valet, it's to the right of the doors. If you come in from the parking garage, it's to the left after you get in the casino part. Otherwise, there is the bar in the center of the place but might get kind of crowded in there with gamblers and shit. The other one is big enough and close to exits so we can get out easy.

So what do ya say about like 2:30 or 3pm at the Viva Las Vegas Lounge inside the Hard Rock?

(I might post a pic of the parking lot, took it from the parking garage. Pretty damn small, this is gonna rule.)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/briznitch/lot1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/briznitch/lot2.jpg

Notice the plane overhead the first picture. That's what we'll be dealing with as well, but it didn't seem too loud so shouldn't be too bad.

toolhead777
08-26-2006, 07:08 AM
nice job briz viva las vegas lounge sounds good but i might be still sleeping at 2-3pm but for sure well go up there. so i guess they set up the stage the day of the show. hows the weather been at night? i hope we wont be sweating our balls off watching tool.

Briznitch
08-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Been in the 90's probably. Its gonna be hot, no doubt. I would hate to be TOOL playing on asphalt in this heat, and I really hope it doesn't affect the performance. Yet again I'll say, stupid fucking place for the show. But what can ya do?

You don't need sleep. It's Vegas. Sleep on your way home, and after you get home. Sleep when you die. It's time to party it up and see some fuckin TOOL.

Louis
08-28-2006, 04:39 AM
I'm coming from "heat central" so I should be ok in that weather. Everyone i talk to from FL who has been to vegas tells me that even though the temperature is technically higher there, its dry heat and 105 in vegas aint as bad as our normal "spring" temps of 85-90 here...cos of the extreme humidity....i mean damn you literally can't walk from the office to the car here without breaking a sweat.
Now i just hope the hurricane doesn't break my travel plans!

sharpie
08-28-2006, 06:32 AM
I have 2 GA tickets for Las Vegas. I'm asking for $200 for both (more than I paid, which was $250). I would also consider trading them for tickets to either one of the shows in L.A. at Staples. Email me at [email protected]

Cycloz
08-28-2006, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the pics Briz! 2 days til I head out to Vegas can't wait.

Someone who went to the Gorge show said they rehearsed Wings/10,000 Days in sound check and are still working out some kinks, man I hope they break it out for this show!

Briznitch
08-28-2006, 04:00 PM
I really don't want to look at the setlist for the Gorge show. Should I? Anything exciting on it, or is it basically the same?

And yeah, the heat, even though it's like 100 lately, not bad at all. I love it personally, the dryness makes it ok. Florida at 80 is probably worse than Vegas at 100.

*EDIT* I looked at the setlist anyways, and jesus christ. Same thing we saw on the fucking mini tour. PLUS they've been playing Right In Two, and it's not on last nights setlist. If I hear every single one of the same songs from a few months ago, I'll be a bit pissed. Granted, as Ive said, its going to rule either way, but even seeing the best band in the world you can be dissapointed with the setlist. God dammit please throw something else in there. Blair shouldn't have opened his fucking dicksucking mouth if he's just gonna lie to everybody. Oh the setlist has changed and it's amazing blah blah blah. I'll kick him in the throat if I ever see him in person.

toolhead777
08-28-2006, 05:24 PM
well last post before i leave and especially cause i saw the words set list. "not cool" but stopped reading. im leaving tues morning and i guess were meeting at the viva las vegas louge i'll be there between 3-5pm ill be the one wearing the tool shirt. lol how are we going to reconize each other. there will be someone with me who stands out. hes tall skinny guy with short "red" hair, i will be wearing my new tool shirt i got in chicago at the warm up show. it has the new alex gray painting on the front. well i hope i see you guys if not remember life moves pretty fast if you dont stop and look around it might just pass you by...enjoy the show

Briznitch
08-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Yeah no more setlist lookups for me, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. Who knows. Still gonna rock I just wanna hear a damn song I haven't heard yet, or barely.

As far as meeting up, I'll be the drunk one. I'm a short dude, and I won't be wearing a Tool shirt. Short spikey red hair, other than that I don't know what to tell ya. I look 16 if that helps. Short redhead spiked hair 16 year old lookin guy, drinkin at the viva las vegas lounge at about 3pm. I'm sure the Tool fans will pop out, and I'm sure there will be some there who don't post on these boards. So mingle and find some cool peeps!

Oh and bring the Tool ladies out with ya, too. Hope to see you guys there.

Louis
08-29-2006, 08:55 AM
I guess viva las vegas it is....I guess me and my gf will be doing the tourist thing in the morning, early afternoon., but after that we'll head out to the hard rock..
We're staying at the Aladdin (planet Hollywood), and from the map seems like its fairly close to the hard rock. It better be cos we got no car so its walking for us.
I'll be wearing my tool shirt, and i think my gf will to so we'll be a tool couple,...damn thats corny.I'll be the short guy with the crew cut w/ the tall blonde...no crew cut. Hopefully Tropical Storm/Hurricane Ernesto won't mess up my plans ...gotta go bunker down now j/k..laterz!

Briznitch
08-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Anybody see this yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD1Fe0Cskew

I really hope this being an outside show in a parking lot (yet again I say, worst possible venue for this show) doesn't mean we don't get this exact same stage setup. Cuz that right there is BAD ASS.

jake5824
08-30-2006, 12:07 PM
i cant believe tool is charging $85 for GA at this venue. it is probably the worst venue i have ever been too. sorry to rain on peoples parade but if youre looking for an intimate tool show you wont get it at theatre under the stars.

jake5824
08-30-2006, 12:18 PM
I look 16 if that helps. Short redhead spiked hair 16 year old lookin guy

Oh and bring the Tool ladies out with ya, too. Hope to see you guys there.

you look 16 so that means youre really late 20's early 30s?

Briznitch
08-30-2006, 01:25 PM
26 to be exact. And yeah this venue is lame, we've been saying that! But not much we can do besides drive 4 hours or more to see them somewhere else. Plus, seeing them here, we can go out on the town in Vegas, and nothing closes. Lots of options. Plus I mean, I live here and all.

Prison Sex
08-31-2006, 04:05 PM
Is the whole venue/whatever "Theater Under the Stars" in Vegas a new thing? Because I don't think I've ever heard of it before.

GullyFoyle
08-31-2006, 05:32 PM
ATTENTION!!!!!!

if anyone in vegas is going to have a camera that's actually decent that can ZOOM and with a tripod. My buddy (who I sold my tix to) has a room at the HARDROCK on like the 10th floor with a great view of the venue from his BALCONY!!!!! Hit me up and I will put you in touch with him.... so maybe we all can finally have some quality video of the 2006 concert series.....

Briznitch
09-01-2006, 02:20 AM
OK I just drove by the stage earlier tonight, and yeah. THIS IS GONNA BE THE SHIT! Tomorrow night baby! The stage is already set up, and the venue is small as hell. The busses are there, and if you stood across the street, you could see/hear the entire show. I drove through the hard rock parking lot after partying at the strip a bit, It's so damn small, I'm so pumped after driving by it. 16 HOURS BITCHES!!!! It's like high-school gymnasium sized. It's actually in an even smaller sized area than I originaly photographed. Fuck yes.

BlueHalo
09-01-2006, 08:52 AM
OK I just drove by the stage earlier tonight, and yeah. THIS IS GONNA BE THE SHIT! Tomorrow night baby! The stage is already set up, and the venue is small as hell. The busses are there, and if you stood across the street, you could see/hear the entire show. I drove through the hard rock parking lot after partying at the strip a bit, It's so damn small, I'm so pumped after driving by it. 16 HOURS BITCHES!!!! It's like high-school gymnasium sized. It's actually in an even smaller sized area than I originaly photographed. Fuck yes.

I FEEEEEEEL YOU. After the nightmare that was Denver, I'm going to party hard tonight. See you there. What did the stage look like? I don't think the white stage will work tonight since most of the venue of standing room only on the floor with a few seats.

GullyFoyle
09-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Come one guys, I know someone has to have a video camera with a tripod..... don't you want a taped version of a whole 2006 tool show?????

gf

Briznitch
09-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Yeah I want a tape of it, but I'm not going to sit in a hotel room and watch it. Plus, I'm not loaning out my video camera. SORRY! But I hope someone comes through on that.

The stage looked the same to me. The white part wasn't up last night I don't think but it was still being set up. The whole top part was set up. The white is the main part of the stage, why would they leave it out? There are still bleachers just like other shows, just not as many.

GullyFoyle
09-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Yeah well, I hear you on the not loaning out your video camera thing, however my friends are not going to be in the room during the concert anyway. They called and told me that they didn't even need to buy tickets because of the great overhead view of the venue from their balcony. I just figured I could hook someone up with them and after meeting them you could decide. Maybe you could call a friend that doens't have tickets and get them to babysit the camera from the balcony and get to watch a FREE show. Come one someone on here has to come thru, quality video taped TOOL shows are RARE and most people would jump at the chance to be a part of putting out a video for the fans..... Any ideas where a camera can be rented?????? Holla back soon guys, it's getting crunch time....

gf

tDoXoMl
09-01-2006, 03:37 PM
i need a ride

GullyFoyle
09-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Well I hope someone that's staying in the HardCock has a camera set up on their balcony for those of us who won't get to make it to an arena show this year...... (crosses fingers)

gf

millermt
09-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Setlist?

moneyisevil
09-01-2006, 10:35 PM
im waiting too

katelyn
09-01-2006, 11:02 PM
wtf? where is it?

Scrunzset
09-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Maynard's like "OK, we'll play 'Days, but you can't go home and post the setlist, k?"