View Full Version : 2006/08/30 - Englewood, CO - Coors Amphitheater

swaps
07-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Tool
Coors Amphitheater, Englewood, CO
Wednesday, August 30, 2006

jgsnyder1
07-09-2006, 07:54 AM
Yes! I have been checking ritually to see if new dates were announced and now I can rejoice! I got shafted at going to the Buell, so now I know just how long until I see Tool. And the other cool part is that I'm going to see Korn, Deftones, etc. 2 weeks before hand.

cloudago
07-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Eh, the Family Values Tour doesn't sound very good mainly because Korn pretty much sold out and Deftones seem like they're going punk. I can't wait for Tool to come around. I've seen videos of their recent performances and they are amazing. Does anyone know when the tickets go on sale? I checked Ticketmaster and they have no inkling of an idea as to when the tickets go on sale and I tried calling the box office at the amphitheatre only to realize it was closed. Pah. I guess I'll try again sometime tomorrow but I'd like to be one of the first people to buy tickets.

Emericana
07-09-2006, 09:16 AM
wow. wow. wow. wow.

i NEED NEED NEED to go to this show. does anone have any info on when tickets go on sale?

jgsnyder1
07-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Of course Family tour won't even compare to Tool. I love Tool much more...

dr_oder
07-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Why Coors Amphitheater and not Red Rocks?

greenie67
07-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Why Coors Amphitheater and not Red Rocks?

Thats what I want to know

ladycommish
07-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Fiddler's Green, huh? Meh. I'll no doubt try to get tickets though. Too bad it's not Red Rocks. :(

mentosman42
07-12-2006, 07:31 AM
any idea when tickets go on sale?

cloudago
07-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Sale for the CA concert on Sept. 2 starts on the 18th of this month. Maybe tickets for the CO show will begin that day too?

Edit: My mistake, the tickets for the CA show go on sale on the 15th, not the 18th.

ladycommish
07-13-2006, 02:31 AM
any idea when tickets go on sale?

I haven't heard anything, or gotten any emails, but then again, I don't listen to local radio much. If anyone knows for sure, let us know!

Kedzie_Matthews
07-15-2006, 11:18 AM
So...anybody know when we can get tickets yet?

ladycommish
07-16-2006, 02:25 AM
Well, I'm sure ticketbastard will sell them, so keep checking, I guess...

Kedzie_Matthews
07-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Isn't it a little strange that we don't know by now? It's 6 weeks from now...

2-Chaos-2
07-17-2006, 12:58 AM
I need to know when they go on sale too, but does any1 know how much they are gonna be?

worstepisodeever
07-17-2006, 08:18 AM
just listed at TM......tix go on sale sat the 22nd, 35.00 - 55.00

Ming
07-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Sweet.

2-Chaos-2
07-17-2006, 10:13 AM
nice, ill be at one saturday morning lol

lucydog
07-17-2006, 10:30 AM
10am from what i heard...

the radio did a little call in this morn for a pair... i couldnt get through.

so should we have a tdn tailgate party?

2-Chaos-2
07-17-2006, 12:13 PM
i dont even bother with radio give aways, its just a waste of time. Im just gonna be up bright an early on saturday

lucydog
07-17-2006, 12:15 PM
you using the net? my ex-gf (im actually not sure where we stand right now) and i are gonna both try, and im going to try to get my dad to try as well. i figure having too many tool tickets is better than not having enough tool tickets.

edit: and i wasnt trying to hard, i just happened to be up right when i heard they were giving them away, so i called.

2-Chaos-2
07-17-2006, 12:55 PM
idk there is a ticket master office really close to me so i might just go there, but if the place is packed then i might try buying em online. but yea im going to buy at least 2 tickets maybe more depending on how much money i have then, cuz i kno for sure ill be able to find some friends who i can sell to.

A.T.O.M.
07-17-2006, 01:59 PM
Sorry this is a little late, I've had some serious internet issues recently - excuses, excuses, I know, anways...

FIDDLER'S GREEN???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS THAT TOOL, QUITE POSSIBLY THE BEST BAND EVER IS GOING TO PLAY AT THE ABSOLUTE WORST VENUE EVER, EVER, EVER!!!! THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE!!!

Fiddler's Green, known affectionately in the corporate world as 'Coors Amphitheater' is hands down the worst venue at least in the state of Colorado, and probably top 10 worst in the entire country! The venue is terrible, the vast majority of the people employed there are terrible, they have a 10:30 pm curfew on weeknights (and guess what night Tool is playing on...) and the sound is ABSOLUTELY APPALING & DISGUSTING! Unfortunately, I've seen more than my share of shows there, and no matter what sound company, soundman, or band is there, I've never, ever, ever heard it sound even decent in there! There is not a worse venue you can see a show at! It sounds like listening to a band inside a tin cup!

I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings here, but I am crushed. I have been looking forward to this concert for so long, and now I don't even think I'm going to attend. Who's idea was this? It couldn't have been the bands idea. I heard from a pretty reliable source that the band wanted 2 nights at Red Rocks - instead they get one night at the worst possible place you can ever play?!?! What has the world come to? I want to support Tool, but who ever is in charge of their booking makes me sick! Hey booking agent - have you ever been to Coors Amp? I will personally GUARANTEE you will be disappointed no matter what show. I never thought anything could possible taint a Tool show, but then again, I never thought it would come to this - Fiddler's Green.

I'm sorry, I guess I just needed to vent. But seriously, my feelings are hurt. I love this band, and I will always, always support them no matter what (so I'll probably end up going, despite this nonsense). The show at the Temple Buell was so incredible - and now this show will be a kitten compared to that lion. I wish it hadn't come to this. To be honest, I feel sorry for the band & the soundmen. They have no idea what a crap-storm they are about to walk into. Again, thanks for letting me vent.

I must say, if there is any band that could possibly put on a decent show at Coors Amp, it will be Tool - so here's hoping! Peace~

lucydog
07-17-2006, 02:16 PM
^^ agreed on all accounts. Fiddlers green sucks. ive only had a good time at festivals there, when you can go around behind the side. whole fucking venue is on a slant, so you cant stand without your ankles killing you by the end of the night. i too was very dissapointed when i heard where they were playing. red rocks would have been fantastic, but they could at least done a fucking arena.

forty6and2ool
07-17-2006, 06:31 PM
well.... we get what we get. no point in fantasizing about RRs anymore cuz it ain't happening this time around. SO lets make the best of it.

for those who have been to fiddler's green... is it better to get GA tickets? how far away is the lawn from the stage? i saw APC in arizona at a similar venue setup and i thought it sounded fantastic...

lucydog
07-17-2006, 08:19 PM
the lawn is in the way back.

then i think there are like 3-4 sections..... it sucks, they floor is all slanted, it a pain in the ankles to stand up. but you probably want to get reserved. tell everyone else to get GA.

savelints8
07-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Fiddler's Green seats 17,000. I doubt the tickets will sell out as fast as they did for the Buell show, but how fast do you guys think they'll go? I don't want to get fucked by Ticketmaster like I did in May.

2-Chaos-2
07-17-2006, 10:31 PM
agreed^^ i was so fuckin pissed at that shit. KBPI and brokers pissed me off by buying up so many damn tickets right off the bat.

anyways, i agree with 46, we should just try and make the best outta the shitty coors amp. If the venue completely runis the concert i might try and catch another show somewhere else cuz i can fly frontier for free anytime i want lol.

lucydog
07-18-2006, 06:22 AM
i doubt they will sell out like the buell. we should actually be able to get tickets, this time around. if some of us go for extras, we can help out others as well.

lucydog
07-18-2006, 06:23 AM
ive been to good shows at fiddlers. its not THAT bad.

eddie75
07-18-2006, 06:41 AM
As long as you get seats the venue really isn't that bad, but if you get lawn seats the sound is terrible. I've been to plenty of shows that were great from the seats, but only a very few that were good from the lawn. They haven't been turning on the back speakers at most of the shows I've been to, so the lawn sounds like you're hearing the concert from outside the venue. Luckily my wife works for coors, so I get the privilage of skipping the whole ticket master BS, since she can get VIP tickets.

taxicabgod
07-18-2006, 08:17 AM
NIN at the journal pavillion in Albuquerque had pathetic sound. From what i'm reading here, this will be more of the same. Oh well. At least I was lucky enough to see them at the Gammage Tempe show. I was already flying in for the Mets vs. Rockies series as a birthday present to myself and then I got this surprise that Tool is playing while I'm there. I'll still go and hopefully I'll get a reserve seat somewhere where the sound doesn't suck balls.

savelints8
07-18-2006, 09:28 AM
The Disturbed show at Fiddler's earlier this month didn't sound all that bad to me.

greenie67
07-18-2006, 09:52 AM
NIN at the journal pavillion in Albuquerque had pathetic sound. From what i'm reading here, this will be more of the same. Oh well. At least I was lucky enough to see them at the Gammage Tempe show. I was already flying in for the Mets vs. Rockies series as a birthday present to myself and then I got this surprise that Tool is playing while I'm there. I'll still go and hopefully I'll get a reserve seat somewhere where the sound doesn't suck balls.

Cool, I am going to the game on the 30th, and I am also seeing the concert the next day. But I also saw them at the Gammage and will see them at The Gorge in WA, so seeing them in Denver will be a bonus and convienent for me. I have not been to the Journal Pavillion but I will be seeing Godsmack and Rob Zombie there in September.

Ming
07-18-2006, 10:25 AM
The Cure last year at Coors (I think last year, shit time flies by) had the best sound I've ever heard live in any venue. Then again, I was center stage 30 feet away from the stage in a comfy seat with 6 dollar beer in hand.

Rush didn't sound too awful from the lawn either.

2-Chaos-2
07-18-2006, 10:55 AM
ya id rather chip in the extra twenty bucks and not have to be on the fucking lawn.

drbrent
07-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Yes, Hittler's Green blows donkey. My only advice, if you get lawn, get in early and set up shop near a speaker stack. The center sections (lower moreso) have decent sound. If you're in the 200 level all the way to either side, the sound will suck and I'd go in early and grab a lawn spot near a speaker tower.

forty6and2ool
07-19-2006, 07:44 AM
sweet. well i'll do what i have to do to get the "best seats". meaning i'll arive early and get good GA spots or i'll search around for some good reserves. come to think of it the GA will probably not even sell out for a few days... right? 17,000???

2-Chaos-2
07-19-2006, 12:15 PM
hopefully not, but im not taking any chances. im gonna be in line at 10 on saturday

savelints8
07-19-2006, 07:43 PM
hopefully not, but im not taking any chances. im gonna be in line at 10 on saturday
Me too. I'm going to the Tower Records at Cherry Creek.

acsguitar
07-20-2006, 09:23 AM
I don't get it. RR's is free on the 30th.

BOOOOO

tool31
07-20-2006, 09:25 AM
What do you think is the best way to get reserve tickets? Ticktemaster online, phone, or go to the box office? And how many people will actually show up at the box office and what would be the best time to get there? Didn't get tickets last time as I had a hockey playoff game as they went on sale, need to get some this time lol.

savelints8
07-20-2006, 11:24 AM
I think going personally is the best way. But at some places, if they have a line, I think they give out random numbers and you go inside according to the number. So even if you're the first one there, you might not be the first one to get tickets. Don't take any chances, though - be the first one there. I'm going at about 8:00 Saturday morning.

2-Chaos-2
07-20-2006, 11:34 AM
yea i dont think online tickets go on sale the same time, and even if they do i know there is still basically a line u have to wait in for that because alotta ppl will be trying to access the site all at once. Id also reccomend going in person. Im with lints, ill be up bright n early waitin in line long before 10.

worstepisodeever
07-20-2006, 12:50 PM
red rocks = 6-8,000 people

coors - almost 17,000 people

thats why they arent playing RR.

2-Chaos-2
07-20-2006, 01:01 PM
makes sense, either way im getting tickets so i would have preferred RR but i guess coors was the better choice.

mentosman42
07-20-2006, 06:28 PM
im actually in new york atm, going to boulder colorado for college so ill be in CO for this show, hopefully i wont get too fucked by ticketmaster and ill be able to get a good ticket

i actually have to work when they go on sale(noon here in NY) so a friend is buying them for me hah, he will probably fuck it up knowing my luck

tool31
07-20-2006, 07:20 PM
im actually in new york atm, going to boulder colorado for college so ill be in CO for this show, hopefully i wont get too fucked by ticketmaster and ill be able to get a good ticket

i actually have to work when they go on sale(noon here in NY) so a friend is buying them for me hah, he will probably fuck it up knowing my luck
lol I it sucks when you have to work or something like that when they go on sale. I had the same thing happen to me last time Tool came here and I had 4 people trying and didn't get any, they went so fast. Hopefully Ill get some this time.

ladycommish
07-20-2006, 08:11 PM
Red Rocks seats 11,000 max. GIve the extra 6,000...good move, on Tool's part, for money, but Fiddler's sucks. Can't hear worth a shit, because it's in a residential area, and the curfew. Bah! Bad move for Tool, for the fans, the actual fans, who want to hear quality music, but what are you gonna do? Compromise. I just can't believe 6800 seats in reserved, plus an additional 10000 on the green. I'll be there, hopefully in reserved, but a box seat would be nice. Anyone work at a radio station who owns a box seat I can "buy"? To Tool fans, Fiddler's Green is better than nothing. ? right?

BuildTool
07-20-2006, 09:46 PM
Is anybody in this forum a member of ToolArmy.com? Are they running a pre-sale?

eddie75
07-21-2006, 06:36 AM
Red Rocks seats 11,000 max. GIve the extra 6,000...good move, on Tool's part, for money, but Fiddler's sucks. Can't hear worth a shit, because it's in a residential area, and the curfew. Bah! Bad move for Tool, for the fans, the actual fans, who want to hear quality music, but what are you gonna do? Compromise. I just can't believe 6800 seats in reserved, plus an additional 10000 on the green. I'll be there, hopefully in reserved, but a box seat would be nice. Anyone work at a radio station who owns a box seat I can "buy"? To Tool fans, Fiddler's Green is better than nothing. ? right?
What is an "actual fan"?

The fact is that the seats sound just as good as any other venue, but the lawn is sketchy at best.

onethirtyeight
07-21-2006, 07:08 AM
Is anybody in this forum a member of ToolArmy.com? Are they running a pre-sale?

No presale so far.

anarcho-commie
07-21-2006, 09:29 AM
Sorry this is a little late, I've had some serious internet issues recently - excuses, excuses, I know, anways...

FIDDLER'S GREEN???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS THAT TOOL, QUITE POSSIBLY THE BEST BAND EVER IS GOING TO PLAY AT THE ABSOLUTE WORST VENUE EVER, EVER, EVER!!!! THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE!!!

Fiddler's Green, known affectionately in the corporate world as 'Coors Amphitheater' is hands down the worst venue at least in the state of Colorado, and probably top 10 worst in the entire country! The venue is terrible, the vast majority of the people employed there are terrible, they have a 10:30 pm curfew on weeknights (and guess what night Tool is playing on...) and the sound is ABSOLUTELY APPALING & DISGUSTING! Unfortunately, I've seen more than my share of shows there, and no matter what sound company, soundman, or band is there, I've never, ever, ever heard it sound even decent in there! There is not a worse venue you can see a show at! It sounds like listening to a band inside a tin cup!

I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings here, but I am crushed. I have been looking forward to this concert for so long, and now I don't even think I'm going to attend. Who's idea was this? It couldn't have been the bands idea. I heard from a pretty reliable source that the band wanted 2 nights at Red Rocks - instead they get one night at the worst possible place you can ever play?!?! What has the world come to? I want to support Tool, but who ever is in charge of their booking makes me sick! Hey booking agent - have you ever been to Coors Amp? I will personally GUARANTEE you will be disappointed no matter what show. I never thought anything could possible taint a Tool show, but then again, I never thought it would come to this - Fiddler's Green.

I'm sorry, I guess I just needed to vent. But seriously, my feelings are hurt. I love this band, and I will always, always support them no matter what (so I'll probably end up going, despite this nonsense). The show at the Temple Buell was so incredible - and now this show will be a kitten compared to that lion. I wish it hadn't come to this. To be honest, I feel sorry for the band & the soundmen. They have no idea what a crap-storm they are about to walk into. Again, thanks for letting me vent.

I must say, if there is any band that could possibly put on a decent show at Coors Amp, it will be Tool - so here's hoping! Peace~

FUCK YOU BUDDY. Not only are you ruining it for everyone else but you are also wrong. Why dont you let people experience it first instead of having them going in there thinking it's going to be a bad show?

I've seen Iron Maiden there, and I have to say that next to Tool at the Buell, Zombie at the Fillmore, and NIN at the Pepsi Center, it was my favorite show. Yes, it was my fourth favorite show out of an assload of shows that I've been to in my life. And it was In this 'tin can" arena.

Just STFU. If you wanna complain, do it after you see the show, not before. Also dont be a bitch and be happy that they're actually coming here, TWICE if not more. There are hundreds of cities that could only dream of Tool coming there. Cities that Tool wont ever even think of touring.

eddie75
07-21-2006, 12:08 PM
FUCK YOU BUDDY. Not only are you ruining it for everyone else but you are also wrong. Why dont you let people experience it first instead of having them going in there thinking it's going to be a bad show?

I've seen Iron Maiden there, and I have to say that next to Tool at the Buell, Zombie at the Fillmore, and NIN at the Pepsi Center, it was my favorite show. Yes, it was my fourth favorite show out of an assload of shows that I've been to in my life. And it was In this 'tin can" arena.

Just STFU. If you wanna complain, do it after you see the show, not before. Also dont be a bitch and be happy that they're actually coming here, TWICE if not more. There are hundreds of cities that could only dream of Tool coming there. Cities that Tool wont ever even think of touring.
I've seen Maiden there a couple of times, and the time before last was better than when I saw tool at the pepsi center and the world arena, though tool at redrocks blew maiden away at fiddlers. The fact is that concerts outside are much much better than concerts inside, and I'm glad they are playing outside, but I also already have seats reserved for me, so I can see why lawn people would not be happy.

a788
07-21-2006, 12:17 PM
i am so pissed that this concert is during the week. it pisses me off to a level that i cant even explain. otherwise, i would be at that concert in a heartbeat.

i swear it. it's decided. God or whoever the fuck is running things doesnt want me to see Tool live.

eddie75
07-21-2006, 12:26 PM
i am so pissed that this concert is during the week. it pisses me off to a level that i cant even explain. otherwise, i would be at that concert in a heartbeat.

i swear it. it's decided. God or whoever the fuck is running things doesnt want me to see Tool live.
I don't think I've ever seen tool play denver on a weekend. Sucks, but I just take the next day off

ladycommish
07-21-2006, 06:43 PM

Wait...isn't that just an opinion? Why would this opinion "ruin" it for others? People will see for themselves. Some like it, some don't. I don't, but that's just my opinion. Who are you to censor opinions to *after* the show? It's just a venue, man, not armegeddon. And they did apologize for venting.....

What is an "actual fan"?

You know...the people who go to see Tool, not just going because their partner/friend/mate/______ brought them somewhat unwillingly, that spend more time at the beer kiosk and walking around during the show. I guess I used "actual fan" incorrectly, loosely. :o)

ladycommish
07-21-2006, 08:13 PM
11+ hours and counting...good luck to us all....I have one other person who is trying too, I just hope my POS internet doesn't go down like it does periodically for no reason at all. When it does, it only goes down for about 30 seconds, but that's enough time to miss out.

2-Chaos-2
07-21-2006, 10:41 PM
9 hrs now lol, i better not get fucked over like last time. I got two other ppl buyin tickets so between the three of us i hope we can get some non-lawn seats

ladycommish
07-22-2006, 01:09 AM
I got screwed last time...a friend was supposed to try as well, but he ended up somewhere else, in the middle of nowhere. He's gonna be there this time.

lucydog
07-22-2006, 08:06 AM
sweet - section 204, row D. hopefully everyone got their tickets this time around.

tool31
07-22-2006, 08:07 AM
YES! I got 2 reserve tickets. Looks like all that is left now is lawn.

edit: section 201 row A.

Kedzie_Matthews
07-22-2006, 08:09 AM
damn - a minute later and all that's available is lawn

section 202 row p - not the best tickets, but could be worse

zzing
07-22-2006, 08:13 AM
sweet - section 202, row H

anyone lucy enough to get section 100 seats?

c4nnon_fodder
07-22-2006, 08:15 AM
Section 103, row PP, seats 103-105 (for my friends and myself)

Section 202, row L, seats 19-21 (for family that wanted to go)

My friend has rediculously fast fingers. He drank a lot of coffee this morning also.

taxicabgod
07-22-2006, 08:16 AM
sweet - section 202, row H

i got 102, fff.
helps alot when you only want 1 tkt.
seemed like it let me in at 9:59 as well

c4nnon_fodder
07-22-2006, 08:17 AM
It seems like it let me in after 10

Emericana
07-22-2006, 08:20 AM
both my friend and i tried... i failed and he succeeded in getting seated tickets... i went on at exactly 10:00 and couldnt get them... he could thank god

tool31
07-22-2006, 08:20 AM
It seems like it let me in after 10
Yeah it wouldnt let me in until like 10:01 or somehthing. Oh well im happy i got tickets, cant complain.

c4nnon_fodder
07-22-2006, 08:24 AM
I've never been to Coors Ampitheater/Fiddlers Green so I hope we aren't too off to the side with our seats.

greenie67
07-22-2006, 08:27 AM
sec 203 row N, never been but according to the seating chart not bad. Does anyone know how many seats are in the rows in sec 203?

ladycommish
07-22-2006, 08:30 AM
Section 203 row S.

ladycommish
07-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Does anyone know how many seats are in the rows in sec 203?

A lot. Probably like 50-75...they are long rows. Either way, you're in the middle.

greenie67
07-22-2006, 08:32 AM
A lot. Probably like 50-75...they are long rows. Either way, you're in the middle.

Right on.... thanks!

anarcho-commie
07-22-2006, 08:42 AM
Yes I got my tix, section 201 row G, right before they sold out. XD

ladycommish
07-22-2006, 08:44 AM

Yes, ticket brokers.

amelliott
07-22-2006, 09:03 AM
section 103, row RR. plus i got tix for the KC show, too! tool fuckin tool!

Watching and mentioning
07-22-2006, 01:41 PM
I got mine, section 205 row h, seats 32 & 33. Also it's a possiblity that one of these seats will go unfilled, so if you need one, keep in touch with me and I'll let you know if it's for sale.

ladycommish
07-22-2006, 04:23 PM
So, if the show starts at 8, and Isis is opening, Tool will get on at 9 at best? The place has a curfew of 10:30? Um, that's only 1 1/2 hours. Bummer. Anyone for sure know the curfew on a Wednesday night?

c4nnon_fodder
07-22-2006, 04:32 PM
I was wondering the same. I hope it isn't 10:30

Ming
07-22-2006, 05:40 PM
oops I was busy today and forgot to order until about 5pm. My wife ordered via phone and got tickets, but I have no idea where. I guess I'll just be content to be there, lol.

mentosman42
07-22-2006, 06:14 PM
102 GG

sweet

2-Chaos-2
07-22-2006, 07:27 PM
i kinda got screwed....i was up at a ticket master booth at fuckin 9 waiting in line and then when 10 rolled around the fucking slut runnin the computer didnt know wtf she was doin so the first person in line didnt even get to buy any until 10:10, which by then all that was left was lawn seats. Luckily i had a friend trying online at the time and he got some for me but they are the second to alst row in 204. I guess its better than lawn but im still pissed at that stupid cunt.

Sp00k
07-22-2006, 07:32 PM
i kinda got screwed....i was up at a ticket master booth at fuckin 9 waiting in line and then when 10 rolled around the fucking slut runnin the computer didnt know wtf she was doin so the first person in line didnt even get to buy any until 10:10, which by then all that was left was lawn seats. Luckily i had a friend trying online at the time and he got some for me but they are the second to alst row in 204. I guess its better than lawn but im still pissed at that stupid cunt.

HAHA that made me laugh. I went to a cd warehouse at 9cst to get tickets for the Dallas and houston shows and the 1st thing I did was ask them if they knew how to work the ticketron machine. When the "stupid cunt" kinda stared blankly at me, I hauled my ass back to my house to press my luck on the net. Pretty good seats for Dallas, last f'n row from woodlands. Just glad to be there though.

2-Chaos-2
07-22-2006, 07:51 PM
yea, its my first tool show so regardless of seats ill have a good time, but next time im just gonna go with the majority of the ppl and do it online, cuz im not gonna trust other ppl with somethin like that again

lucydog
07-22-2006, 08:34 PM
i had no problems online this time, i didnt figure that i would. last time was just crazy because it was such a tiny little show, it was just a feeding frenzy.

Azathoth
07-22-2006, 10:11 PM
Section 103, row PP, seats 103-105 (for my friends and myself)

Section 202, row L, seats 19-21 (for family that wanted to go)

My friend has rediculously fast fingers. He drank a lot of coffee this morning also.

See you in the vicinity.
Section 103, row nn, 126-129, I love my work computer.

c4nnon_fodder
07-23-2006, 08:18 AM
Well done.

Benmandude
07-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Woot, my friend bought six tickets, section 102, row ff.

I saw Tool for the first time in chicago in may. I even had the honor of going backstage and meeting danny.

Hopefully they will play longer than they did when i saw them in chicago. Ill see you guys at the show.

c4nnon_fodder
07-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Wow, 6 in a very good spot. Your friend must have connections or quick hands. I hear there is a curfew for the venue of 10:30 because it is in a residential area. I hope this is either not true or not in effect anymore.

dr_oder
07-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Wow, 6 in a very good spot. Your friend must have connections or quick hands. I hear there is a curfew for the venue of 10:30 because it is in a residential area. I hope this is either not true or not in effect anymore.

There is still a 10:30 curfew. Bands tend to finish exactly on time since they are fined for playing past the curfew. There is also a decibel limit. Bands can only play so loud or they are fined. Fiddler's is a horrible place for a concert although there have been some good shows there.

c4nnon_fodder
07-24-2006, 08:41 PM
That is really not cool. Maybe they will go past the limit, thats why the tickets are so expensive.... Seriously though, I hope they play a long enough set.

shaneyshane41
07-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Hey All!

I will be flying from Missouri, and will be going to the show solo. It would be cool to meet up with some people before the show. Possibly even lining up a ride to and from the show. I can compensate for gas/beer/whatever money. I will be in Westminster. I am a chill type of person. See me @ www.myspace.com/dysfunkyone I have a ticket for sale in the hook up section that is in sec 201 row Y Seat 41 ... See that post for more info...peace! d=) I will be in section 102 row HH Seat 142

drbrent
07-25-2006, 08:26 AM
Got lucky via a HOB pre-sale. 101, row CCC, 2 seats from the aisle towards 102. Wife pulled 103, row GG over towards the side. Thank heavens for her work's high-speed access.

As far as the curfew, doesn't the show start at 7:30? I could see ISIS doing a 45 minute set w/ tool coming on around 8:30-8:45, making it close to a 2 hour show.

zonacruz6
07-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Funny story. My boyfriend and I are actually in Florida and planned to go to Disney World on Jily 22nd and 23rd. We got a little worried when we found out tickets went on sale on Saturday. The time difference is two hours here, so at about 11:45 we stepped into a quiet area (hard to find during tourist season at Disney) and started calling the Colorado ticketmaster. It was busy until about 12:08. We were getting pissed because we knew if we got anything, we'd be stuck with lawn seats when we wanted regular seating. At about 12:10 or so, we called my mom... she is a heroine! She got us two seats in section 103, row LL. We were so relieved and it made our Disney experience even better. Thank God for Tool and thank God for amazing mothers. :) See y'all there!

heliotrpic
07-25-2006, 04:39 PM
looks like the show sold out. I'm in row dd :)

(-) ions
07-25-2006, 06:04 PM
I was able to get in through the member section of HOB.com before tickets were available on Ticketmaster and scored section 103, row CCC - third row! As far as the curfew, I did a little research and 10:30 pm is accurate. However, previously some bands have asked the county commission for an extension to 11:00 pm and had it approved, so there is hope! The show starts at 8:00 pm and I'm afraid Tool might not get out until 9:00 pm, give or take, leaving them only 1 and 1/2 hours. See y'all there!

(-) ions
07-25-2006, 09:21 PM
As of the time I type this, you can still get tickets for the show if you are a House of Blues member and you buy tickets through their website using a VISA Signature card - sections 102 and 202 are available. Email me at [email protected] if you have questions/need help. Spiral out.

worstepisodeever
07-26-2006, 07:46 AM
man, thats awesome....too bad i dont have a visa sig. card.

acsguitar
07-26-2006, 08:13 PM
So I called and was on the internet and got Pavillion seats both ways. Only bought the online ones though probably shoulda checked to see which was better but they don't tell you until you buy them on the phone.

Anyways 4 tickets in 201 row F.

I'm happy. Fucking curfew will blow nut sack though

heliotrpic
07-27-2006, 02:19 PM
looks like the show sold out. I'm in row dd :)

it looks like I spoke too soon. I will go back to lurking now.

Karl

(-) ions
07-27-2006, 06:31 PM
All the tickets are sold out now, for sure.

bennyblanco
08-10-2006, 01:57 PM
ive got some extras...for face value [email protected]

vincentalan
08-10-2006, 02:18 PM
I got a Tickmaster alert saying they're going on sale (again) this Friday. I couldn't find it on the actual Web site, but I didn't look that hard.

But below is a link to the alert (I am sure many of you also got).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/vincerelli/toolalert.jpg

cloudago
08-10-2006, 06:50 PM
That would be the auction for some tickets. Not ticket sales... technically.

heliotrpic
08-10-2006, 08:04 PM
I hope these auctions aren't going to become the whole ticketing process in the future. I also hope ticketmaster isn't holding all the profits for themselves. Instead of beating the scalpers they have joined them.

Karl

cloudago
08-11-2006, 07:47 AM
I don't think TicketMaster will switch to auctions. I think that these tickets are actually people giving up their tickets and TicketMaster thought it would be better to make money with an auction style sale. Of course it wouldn't surprise me if TicketMaster really did stoop to the level of scalpers, as they are already at the level where they give priority to the scalpers instead of to the fans. Equal chances at getting tickets my ass.

vincentalan
08-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Ticketmaster is essentially an organized scalping monopoly. Look at all the added "convenience" charges and whatnot, and without another company to compete with they can charge pretty much what they want through whatever cryptic language they desire. And they do! I think booking should be part of the original cost of the ticket and should not be an add-on "convenience." Whatever.

Thanks, Cloud, for clarifying. I was confused why they would sell tix again.

heliotrpic
08-13-2006, 08:35 AM
One of the auctions is for pit general admission. Where is it located? I have never been to this venue and don't want to assume that the pit is right in front of the stage to find out it's in front of the lawn. Can anyone confirm the location of the pit?

Karl

c4nnon_fodder
08-13-2006, 08:55 AM
I believe the pit is the very front between the stage and the first row of seats. I've never been there either but pit usually suggests right in front of the stage.

cloudago
08-13-2006, 05:27 PM
The auction says GA and that's the lawn... so I'm assuming they're tickets for the lawn. All the maps I've seen of the place say the GA area is the lawn and the area that's supposed to be the pit is 101, 102, and 103 seating.

c4nnon_fodder
08-14-2006, 09:28 AM
When HOB.com had those extra tickets for sale they had ones that were for "GA Pit".

bennyblanco
08-14-2006, 02:34 PM
ive got a couple of vip box seats that id like to see go to a good home. face on them is 170 each but 150 a pop is what ill let em go for

[email protected]

ladycommish
08-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Anyone thinking about meeting up somewhere before? I know of a place real close, but haven't been in a while, so I'm not sure if it'll be packed or what.

heliotrpic
08-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Did anyone else bid on tickets through ticketmaster? I won a pair of pit general admission tickets. I will sell a pair of row DD tickets for $160.

Karl

mystie
08-18-2006, 02:46 PM
I was nearly freaking out for tickets to this show and I almost bought someones extras in sec 204, but I checked ticketmaster today and got me 2 tickets in sec 101! WOW It looks like there are still some left too!

MelloLovesUgly
08-18-2006, 11:52 PM
I got two extras, section 203 row H. If anyone's interested pm or email at [email protected]

amelliott
08-23-2006, 02:07 PM
one week!

heliotrpic
08-23-2006, 06:56 PM
I'm really hoping they change up the setlist for denver.

Karl

VinDieselFiesta
08-23-2006, 07:57 PM
i think denver will see the first official change of the setlist seeing as it was the first of the dates they posted as the official 2006 US arena tour..

taxicabgod
08-25-2006, 12:00 AM
so close i can almost smell it.

ladycommish
08-26-2006, 01:50 AM
Yeah! 4 days! And the weather is supposed to be beautiful. Here's hoping for an extension on the curfew.

Azathoth
08-26-2006, 04:03 AM
Yeah! 4 days! And the weather is supposed to be beautiful. Here's hoping for an extension on the curfew.

On of my buddies who lives in Denver said that he heard on KBPI, that the curfew was extended til 11 pm. Since i don't listen to the radio, and live up in Breck, i have no idea if this is true. . . . . .. . i truly hope it is.

Schist_Head
08-26-2006, 07:39 AM
i think denver will see the first official change of the setlist seeing as it was the first of the dates they posted as the official 2006 US arena tour..

I forsee the show at the Gorge taking the cake for the new setlist. I would love it if the boys break out No Quarter during the show. One can dream eh.

c4nnon_fodder
08-26-2006, 09:26 AM
I really hope we get a new setlist. I don't want a Tool radio singles concert. Please Tool, do it for Colorado.

ladycommish
08-26-2006, 02:38 PM
On of my buddies who lives in Denver said that he heard on KBPI, that the curfew was extended til 11 pm. Since i don't listen to the radio, and live up in Breck, i have no idea if this is true. . . . . .. . i truly hope it is.

Niiiiiice. I don't listen to the radio either, but could be true. I hope so!

sonnyboy11
08-26-2006, 03:20 PM
I really hope we get a new setlist. I don't want a Tool radio singles concert. Please Tool, do it for Colorado.

Your post made me a bit curious about the setlist(s) so far and referring to it as 'radio singles'. So I pulled up the last concert in Edm and was wondering what would be considered a radio single on your (and anyone else who wants to chime in) list.

1. stinkfist
2. jambi
3. 46 & 2
4. the pot
5. schism
6. lost keys
7. rosetta stoned
8. opiate
9. sober
10. lateralus
11. vicarious
12. aenima

Now, I am not sure what CO is gonna get, but let's say this concert is the start of their 'new' setlist. Which of those songs is a 'radio' song that you would like to see replaced? I think you are referring to Sober and Schism in particular. Replace those two for Wings 1&2 maybe?

ladycommish
08-26-2006, 04:41 PM
replace the pot and schism for wings/10000 days

Edit: I will cry like a baby if they play that

anarcho-commie
08-26-2006, 06:32 PM
replace the pot and schism for wings/10000 days

Edit: I will cry like a baby if they play that

Are you fucking serious? The Pot is my favorite song off of 10K days and schism sounds amazing live. Also someone mentioned replacing Sober. TO that I say no, just no. It's all we're getting off of Undertow. And you mustn't heard the new Sober that they're playing, they changed the music up. It fucking rocks.

Everyone stop hoping, you're going to be mucho dissappointed. Just go in knowing that you're going to be a part of this holy reminder. Don't get greedy (of course I would have fucking loved to see Parabola, but they dont paly it because alongside with Parabol, it takes up a lot of time and Maynard seems to fuck up al lot on the "this body" part.)

Anyway, all this is leading to my question, are we gonna get Opiate or Right In Two. I mean both songs fucking own, but I'm wetting my panties here thinking about which they're gonna play. Opiate would be good because it's a taste of old Tool, and it would be great having the whole crowd singing along (kinda like they do in Sober), but I've been hearing some good reviews about Right In Two, with the end drumming being surreal. Man, I fucking want it to be wednesday already.

sonnyboy11
08-26-2006, 08:07 PM
Are you fucking serious? The Pot is my favorite song off of 10K days and schism sounds amazing live. Also someone mentioned replacing Sober. TO that I say no, just no. It's all we're getting off of Undertow. And you mustn't heard the new Sober that they're playing, they changed the music up. It fucking rocks.

Everyone stop hoping, you're going to be mucho dissappointed. Just go in knowing that you're going to be a part of this holy reminder. Don't get greedy (of course I would have fucking loved to see Parabola, but they dont paly it because alongside with Parabol, it takes up a lot of time and Maynard seems to fuck up al lot on the "this body" part.)

Anyway, all this is leading to my question, are we gonna get Opiate or Right In Two. I mean both songs fucking own, but I'm wetting my panties here thinking about which they're gonna play. Opiate would be good because it's a taste of old Tool, and it would be great having the whole crowd singing along (kinda like they do in Sober), but I've been hearing some good reviews about Right In Two, with the end drumming being surreal. Man, I fucking want it to be wednesday already.

Oh I totally agree. Whatever they play is really fine by me (especially anything off the new record). But wouldn't you agree that it's time for them to play Wings 1&2? It's hard to imagine that they are not going to make that the center piece of this tour at some point. It would be great if they would just add it in and keep the rest of the setlist. But I got a feeling they won't do that (again, maybe asking for too much).

(-) ions
08-27-2006, 07:38 AM
I hope and pray that we get Right In Two. I didn't get it during the warm-up tour in AZ and would be bummed if I missed it again. And I got Opiate back in 1997, so I suppose I'm just being greedy. As far as Wings - I'm not sure if or when they'll play it live. It might be too personal for Maynard to do it every other night or so. What do you think? I'll tell you though, I wouldn't mind them playing H. It's been a long, long time...

VinDieselFiesta
08-27-2006, 08:20 AM
I'll tell you though, I wouldn't mind them playing H. It's been a long, long time...

H. would be fucking sick!! 3 days...

sonnyboy11
08-27-2006, 09:33 AM
I'm down for H. just as long as they pull something like Sober for it (or just flat out add an extra song fer Chrissakes!).

As for the Wings issue- it may well be very personal for Maynard, but then so was Judith (APC) and he had no problem kicking that out night after night. I really think that Wings is the missing piece to the puzzle of these setlists. It's time for them to start doing it.

c4nnon_fodder
08-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Your post made me a bit curious about the setlist(s) so far and referring to it as 'radio singles'. So I pulled up the last concert in Edm and was wondering what would be considered a radio single on your (and anyone else who wants to chime in) list.

1. stinkfist
2. jambi
3. 46 & 2
4. the pot
5. schism
6. lost keys
7. rosetta stoned
8. opiate
9. sober
10. lateralus
11. vicarious
12. aenima

Now, I am not sure what CO is gonna get, but let's say this concert is the start of their 'new' setlist. Which of those songs is a 'radio' song that you would like to see replaced? I think you are referring to Sober and Schism in particular. Replace those two for Wings 1&2 maybe?

1. stinkfist (radio single)
2. jambi
3. 46 & 2 (radio single)
4. the pot (radio single)
5. schism (radio single)
6. lost keys
7. rosetta stoned
8. opiate
9. sober (radio single)
10. lateralus (radio single)
11. vicarious (radio single)
12. aenima (radio single)

I have heard all of those on a radio station in CO. Not to say I don't want those songs in the show, because I love all of those songs. I just get tired of Sober and Schism and I could live without Stinkfist and Ænima, I would love to see 3rd Eye in there, of course Wings I and II would be nice. H. would be cool Eulogy, Jimmy, 4 degrees, Undertow, or Swamp Song. I don't know, just something different. It doesn't have to be one of their opuses(sp?) like DRT or Pushit (salival). Variety is the spice of life... I look at those setlist from 01 and 02 and they are great, good length to them as well. Either way I get Tool twice in one year and that will make me happy enough.

Watching and mentioning
08-27-2006, 02:58 PM
As for the Wings issue- it may well be very personal for Maynard, but then so was Judith (APC) and he had no problem kicking that out night after night.

I'm thinking Wings/10k is much more personal than Judith. I think it's much easier to convey a sense of anger than a sense of honor. At least it seems to me that Wings/10k is more about honoring her life.

But in the event that Wings/10k is played live, I will proceed to be overwhelmed with emotion, and quite possibly tear up in the occular area. How would they do the Lustmord backround though, because usually the songs aren't right on time with the album version, you know, like little extra riffs and stuff. It would rock the socks off me if it was played though....seriously.

I would do anything though to hear Disposition/Reflection/Triad live again, but somehow I don't see them fitting another 22 minutes of perfection in with their already amazing setlist.

mentosman42
08-27-2006, 04:19 PM
if ne1 could lend me a hand i need to get from boulder to denver by the busses, im a student at CU and im from new york and have been here only for a few days so im kinda lost hah

ladycommish
08-27-2006, 07:41 PM
http://www.rtd-denver.com/

mentosman42
08-28-2006, 10:30 AM
yeah i saw that a couple mins after i posted this haha, but is there any set time for the show to be over?

thinking im gonna have to print out a bunch of different routes to get back for like 10:30-12:00

c4nnon_fodder
08-28-2006, 01:27 PM
I think the show should be running until 11.

sonnyboy11
08-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Prediction- you guys are gonna be the first to get Wings 1&2. They warmed up with it (sound check) in Washington. And now they've got an extra day to work on it between shows. I'm makin the call! :P

acsguitar
08-28-2006, 02:46 PM
I want Opiate that would make my day

acsguitar
08-28-2006, 02:50 PM
Oh yea have they done any shows that have the same setlist as the club tour??

anarcho-commie
08-28-2006, 10:33 PM
Prediction- you guys are gonna be the first to get Wings 1&2. They warmed up with it (sound check) in Washington. And now they've got an extra day to work on it between shows. I'm makin the call! :P

I fucking hope, but I shouldn't. I'll definately end up dissappointed.

Kedzie_Matthews
08-29-2006, 09:32 AM
32 hours till the concert - w00t!

acsguitar
08-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Ok I'm not going anymore:

I have 4 tickets for 65 each. Thats not scalping is it? I bought from TM and they were like 66 bucks each or something.

Anyways
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&item=190025965383&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

If you want them just buy them now and pay me with paypal. I'll email them

Kedzie_Matthews
08-29-2006, 12:50 PM
that sucks, but don't worry, we'll let you know how amazinly orgasmic it is. It'll kind of like being there for yourself. Almost.

sonnyboy11
08-29-2006, 09:05 PM
No Wings 1&2 in SLC tonight. Looks like Englewood is back on the menu, boys!

Actually, I am starting to get a little pessimistic about them doing it this year, I have to admit. :(

MelloLovesUgly
08-29-2006, 10:01 PM
Hey, I got two tickets section 203 row H gotta go quick, let me know in an e-mail at [email protected] by noon Wednesday and they're saved for you. I'll let 'em go for 100 so i dont lose too much money. If not I'll be standin' outside of the venue for a little before the show tryin' to get rid of 'em. See you guys at the show.

Roffler
08-29-2006, 10:03 PM
I like to believe that Tool rather enjoys CO especially since the tour seems to start here and then go in a big circle around it. I'm probably just being a romantic, but after hosting Danny's birthday on the last tour I'm feeling optimistic.

That and CO has the best fucking fans ever, right!

Kedzie_Matthews
08-30-2006, 06:32 AM
According to kiss we are

VinDieselFiesta
08-30-2006, 07:00 AM
the day has finally arrived!

drbrent
08-30-2006, 09:31 AM
Getting fired up. Work has already ceased. Bring on the rock show!

tool31
08-30-2006, 09:37 AM
have they played basically the same songs on all the shows for this tour so far? I really don't want to check every review thread for the set lists. I can't wait for tonight!

drbrent
08-30-2006, 09:40 AM
From what I've seen there has been no variation. Here's to hoping they change things up tonight. Would love to see Wings/Right in Two/Grudge and some other stuff in place of Sober.

tool31
08-30-2006, 01:04 PM
From what I've seen there has been no variation. Here's to hoping they change things up tonight. Would love to see Wings/Right in Two/Grudge and some other stuff in place of Sober.

I woruld really like to hear right in two and h. But I also love sober, whatever im so excited for this concert, 1st time seeing them live.