PDA

View Full Version : Spectrum

Matter Specter
04-23-2003, 07:32 PM
eon BLUE apochriphal ... (destruction of blue) , lateralus (black then white are all i see in my infancy RED and YELLOW then came to me reaching out to me , LETS ME SEE . )

maybe this will get some brains working ...

Matter Specter
04-23-2003, 08:37 PM
i forgot to add another thing ... if you understand what i was saying you can understand triad , well at least the name of the song ..

spiralion
04-25-2003, 09:20 AM
ahh, the primary colors. This album makes more and more sense to me everyday. Thanx much man.

Matter Specter
04-25-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by spiralion
ahh, the primary colors. This album makes more and more sense to me everyday. Thanx much man.

im glad someone finaly got it ..

Jimmy Pop
05-17-2003, 10:03 AM
Or maybe somebody just does a little bit to much over thinking and over analyzating...

Red, yellow and blue is NOT the primary colors...

There are two kinds of primary colors...
1: Red, Green and Blue (We all know about RGB)
2: Cyan, Magenta and Yellow (also known as CMYK (K=black, those whos interested in a reason why black is mentioned, mail me at [email protected])

So you see that red, yellow and blue is not primary colors together.. Sorry..

Read about the second sun, the blue sun instead.

DisgracedEffigy
05-17-2003, 10:59 AM
Jimmy Pop, I'm impressed. I was going to say that when I replied, but then saw your post.

What I believe he is talking about (the colors) is the light spectrum. RoYgBiV, is the only pattern that Red, Yellow, and Blue have such a strong connection. But, if that is his theory, he'd better find Violet or Purple is the songs, otherwise, the idea is basically null and void. Because, it would n't be a pattern with out purple/violet. As we all know, though, all of the colors run together and aren't distinctly seperated, so maybe he has a vaild point, maybe not. I don't feel like reading the Lateralus lyrics right now to find purple or a reference towards it. I believe the light spectrum can also be shown as (w)roygbiv(b) for white and black, but I am not 100% sure.

Matter Specter
05-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy Pop
Or maybe somebody just does a little bit to much over thinking and over analyzating...

what hypocricy .. YOU made it overly complicated ... sigh .

and my point still stands BLUE YELLOW RED = TRIAD

Jimmy Pop
05-26-2003, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Matter Specter
what hypocricy .. YOU made it overly complicated ... sigh .

and my point still stands BLUE YELLOW RED = TRIAD
Ok, so thats' your point. Lets see what mister James Keenan himself has to say about it:

"I use the archetype stories of North American aboriginals and the themes or colours which appear over and over again in the oral stories handed down through generations. Black, white, red, and yellow play very heavily in aboriginal stories of creation."

yllwcrystlstr
05-27-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by DisgracedEffigy
Jimmy Pop, I'm impressed. I was going to say that when I replied, but then saw your post.

What I believe he is talking about (the colors) is the light spectrum. RoYgBiV, is the only pattern that Red, Yellow, and Blue have such a strong connection. But, if that is his theory, he'd better find Violet or Purple is the songs, otherwise, the idea is basically null and void. Because, it would n't be a pattern with out purple/violet. As we all know, though, all of the colors run together and aren't distinctly seperated, so maybe he has a vaild point, maybe not. I don't feel like reading the Lateralus lyrics right now to find purple or a reference towards it. I believe the light spectrum can also be shown as (w)roygbiv(b) for white and black, but I am not 100% sure.

check this out

http://toolshed.down.net/opinion/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4170

Matter Specter
05-27-2003, 07:03 PM
Ok, so thats' your point. Lets see what mister James Keenan himself has to say about it:

"I use the archetype stories of North American aboriginals and the themes or colours which appear over and over again in the oral stories handed down through generations. Black, white, red, and yellow play very heavily in aboriginal stories of creation."

is this some kind of attempt to gild yourself in the satisfaction that you think i made some sort of mistake ?

if it is ... i can only laugh
if its not ... then i apologize

and i agree with your quotation .

so the aboriginals passed these storys of creation ,, do you understand them ? .. try to understand that my attempts at explination where only meant to help you understand your little quotation .

plexus
05-27-2003, 08:12 PM
everyone is wrong... WRONG!!!! Red Blue and Yellow are the primary colors... havent you taken ART 1? RGB and CMYK are just types of printing and coloring methods (encryption) of printers and image file formats and screens and such... they just make things more efficient....

what you, J-POP, was talking about is two methods of color in MEDIA

RGB=additive primaries
the way RGB works is the absence of these colors that creates black. Adding them all up creates white. Since the additive system applies to light, this is the format used for controlling color on monitors. Whenever your digital designs are intended for the screen (such as in multimedia presentations or the web) it is recommended to use this color mode.

CMYK=subtractive primaries
The CMYK system starts with white light. When you take white light and put it through three filters: cyan, magenta and yellow, you produce black. They subtract the light out. When white light goes through cyan the red is subtracted out. When the white light goes through the magenta, green light is subtracted out. When the white light goes through the yellow, blue light is subtracted out and you end up with black. This method is used for printing so its well advised to use this method when making printed media....

NOW... THE REAL PRIMARIES AND THE REAL COLOR THEORY

this is how it works

primary colors: RED, BLUE, YELLOW
secondary colors: VIOLET, GREEN, ORANGE
tretiary colors: RED-VIOLET, BLUE-VIOLET, BLUE-GREEN, YELLOW-GREEN, YELLOW-ORANGE, and RED-ORANGE

the whole point of the color theory is that you cant mix any colors to make the primary colors... mix a primary color with another primary color and you get a secondary color

(i.e. yellow and blue mix to make green which is NOT a primary color...... RGB my ass)

then trechiary (or intermediate colors) are formed by combining a primary color with an adjacent secondary color (i.e red with violet makes red-violet...) i thought we all learned this in 3rd grade

and MATTER-SPECTER: you are over thinking a bit too much... yes, tool says thats a good thing... but sometimes you gotta think about what youre thinking... if you look in my thread just below this one, youll see that adam's great dane was named "eon blue" and it got cancer (hence, the apocalypse) the explanation is right there... this is a dedication to his dog... its a somber song... i bet he sure loved that dog... and just cause that guy j-pop sounds like he knows what hes talking about, dont believe what he says...

and Jimmy POP : you sure sounded like a fucking moron when i was reading your cocky ass post (might i add completely wrong)... you just have all the answers, dont you... i guess not... how about you put a mirror by your computer and everytime you decide to try and make someone look stupid or attack someones post, take a moment and have a conversation with yourself about your own life and how you like projecting your own self-hatred onto others... just an idea...

and DisgracedEffigy: color is certain vibrations of light... ceartain speeds emmits certain colors... the order that they come in is ROYGBIV... thats only a portion... small portion of the color theory... read!

i dont think this theory of eon blue has much validity but im not gonna judge you like some fucks... to add to it, (you probly heard this before) but the patient was at a point called "red" because thats the color the band related to the song..... the grudge never struck me as a yellow, neither did schism, and mantra could be just about any color in my head... but anyway... its a seed of thought...

you are now dismissed from plexus' class of color theory and humility... PEACE!

(by the way... you all fail!)

Jimmy Pop
05-30-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by plexus
everyone is wrong... WRONG!!!!

and Jimmy POP : you sure sounded like a fucking moron when i was reading your cocky ass post (might i add completely wrong)... you just have all the answers, dont you... i guess not... how about you put a mirror by your computer and everytime you decide to try and make someone look stupid or attack someones post, take a moment and have a conversation with yourself about your own life and how you like projecting your own self-hatred onto others... just an idea...

i dont think this theory of eon blue has much validity but im not gonna judge you like some fucks...
you are now dismissed from plexus' class of color theory and humility... PEACE!

(by the way... you all fail!)
What a nice post.
I must say. I am in fact impressed. I do not know exactly what you were trying to prove, but you said that everyone that claims to be right are fuckin morons, and then you start and finish your post by saying everyone is wrong, and you're the best.

Well.. I'm a little speechless.

You said that by mixing yellow and blue, you get green, right? Well, I'm sorry. This does not work out, the way you think.

When we talk about the primary colors, it is abour light sources. It means the additive colors, which means that if you mix green and blue light, you'll get yellow.

When you mix painting, the color reflects light. This is the secundary colors. Which means that if you mix NOT yellow and blue, but yellow and cyan, you'll get green(CMYK).

I'm sorry that you think of me as an fuckin moron, I didn't try to sound like one, but it is nothing I can do with that.

When it comes to the dog, Eon Blue, I've got my doubts. Just as Mantra was Maynards siamese cat screaming in very slow motion... :D

Have a nice weekend, folks!

Jimmy Pop
05-30-2003, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Matter Specter
is this some kind of attempt to gild yourself in the satisfaction that you think i made some sort of mistake ?

if it is ... i can only laugh
if its not ... then i apologize

I think you're wrong about the interpretation about red, yellow and blue being primary colors. That's it.

I don't think that Eon Blue Apocalypse and Lateralus is connected with those colors.

What about "Third Eye"? There he also mentions a color. Is there som kind of connection there to?

But hey, it's your own free mind. I cannot say how people in here shall interpret this song. I just said my opinion.

And no, I don't get no satisfaction out of being right and saying others are wrong.

As opposed to Plexus.

plexus
05-30-2003, 08:03 PM
say man.... i guess you are a moron after all... cause the whole tone of that reply was overly sarcastic and satiric... and cynical too.. im a nice guy... i just replied saying that youre a moron because you were acting like an ass to that guys post...

so you see... the whole point of my saying youre all wrong and im right was to mimic and mock the tone of your reply... (telling him he was wrong(which he wasnt)... understand?

You said that by mixing yellow and blue, you get green, right? Well, I'm sorry. This does not work out, the way you think.

are you insane? havent you had a crayola watercolor set when you were 11? mix yellow and blue and you get green.. its true... try it... in fact, i was painting in watercolor in my art 4 class ( a pretty grass field with mountains and a fence) and i was trying to get a nice dark green to accent the yellow highlights of the grass... i mixed blue and a little bit of yellow and you know what??? i got green!!!... (i added a smidge of black for a nice dark -but not too dark- green.. so you see... thats how it works..

and if you still dont believe me, either argue about it with sir issac newton (they guy who came up with the color theory) and while youre at it, you can argue that apples fall up too!...

And no, I don't get no satisfaction out of being right and saying others are wrong.

As opposed to Plexus.

im really sorry if you didnt notice that in your first post (which is what i was making fun of) you were telling the guy he was wrong (and i quote) "Red, yellow and blue is NOT the primary colors... " ... i bet that was sure satisfying... (see how much im stressing that i was mimicing you?...

I'm sorry that you think of me as an fuckin moron, I didn't try to sound like one, but it is nothing I can do with that.
i guess youre right.. theres nothing you can do about it...(sorry about that.. that was mean and un-called-for.. but i just had too... )

oh yea... and heres a nice little color wheel to make sure that you have and ounce of humility left in you...

http://www.steps-to-memories.com/paint-color-basics.html
(sorry thats a wedding coordinating site, but i just typed color wheel in google and clicked on it.. it gets the point across)
see the primary colors? RED...BLUE...and YELLOW? or are they wrong too.. i bet you'd get a hard-on if they were

now that im done being cynical... im really not a bad guy.. but when people attack other peoples ideas like that, it kinda gets to me... HAVE A NICE WEEKEND EVERYBODY!

Jimmy Pop
06-01-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by plexus
bla bla
http://www.steps-to-memories.com/paint-color-basics.html
bla bla

I'm not gonna argue anymore. I do not see the point. You seem to have made up your mind already. And as they say, some people do have problem letting go what they were thought as a kid.

So, the seriouse link (steps-to-memories) really got me there.

For those who are interested in the truth, I will suggest looking here, http://www.adobe.com/support/techguides/color/colormodels/rgbcmy.html ,
at adobe's homepage. The company that made Photoshop, one of the most successful photo-programs.

I'm not gonna reply in this tread anymore. It's no point.

Jimmy Pop
06-01-2003, 10:42 PM
Oh.. Mone more point..

Take a look under CMY. Where they mix yellow and cyan (not blue)... Green. Reflecting colors.

soberwithapenis
06-02-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by yllwcrystlstr
check this out

http://toolshed.down.net/opinion/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4170

Can someone please explain to me how a color has: a musical note, a planet, a chakra, and medical action.

I think its stuff like this that Tool love. How deep we can go to find meaning in anything they do, whether farfetched or absolutley on the mark i think some of us over anylize way too much. but hey...my favorite color is blue.

Secondly, you two arguing, rather done arguing. are both correct. Good god, if you guys would stop trying to be right and try to listen to what the other guy is trying to say i thought you would ave figured this out by now...

Just read the quote on the Opinion Homepage.

plexus
06-02-2003, 02:31 PM
I'm a FUCKING MORON... and.......... I'm not gonna argue anymore. I do not see the point. You seem to have made up your mind already. And as they say, some people do have problem letting go what they were thought as a kid.

So, the seriouse link (steps-to-memories) really got me there.

For those who are interested in the truth, I will suggest looking here, http://www.adobe.com/support/techguides/color/colormodels/rgbcmy.html ,
at adobe's homepage. The company that made Photoshop, one of the most successful photo-programs.

I'm not gonna reply in this tread anymore. It's no point.

goddamn! you really are a moron... i didnt seriously think you were a moron intil now... did you not read my first fucking post that described exactly how CMYK and RGB color mode work??? they are used for MEDIA... CMYK is used for PRINTING.... WITH COMPUTERS... thats why you found that on the adobe website BECAUSE IT DEALS WITH DIGITAL MEDIA!!!!!! now... read what i said in my first post again...

RGB=additive primaries
the way RGB works is the absence of these colors that creates black. Adding them all up creates white. Since the additive system applies to light, this is the format used for controlling color on monitors. Whenever your digital designs are intended for the screen (such as in multimedia presentations or the web) it is recommended to use this color mode.

CMYK=subtractive primaries
The CMYK system starts with white light. When you take white light and put it through three filters: cyan, magenta and yellow, you produce black. They subtract the light out. When white light goes through cyan the red is subtracted out. When the white light goes through the magenta, green light is subtracted out. When the white light goes through the yellow, blue light is subtracted out and you end up with black. This method is used for printing so its well advised to use this method when making printed media....

i didnt say you were wrong about that... you were wrong about saying that red yellow and blue arent primary colors... what i did was elaborate on what you were talking about cause you obviously dont know what you were talking about when you say that blue isnt a primary color...

RGB=SCREEN MEDIA
CMYK=PRINTED MEDIA

thats what youre talking aobut and you dont even know it...

print two pictures out in photoshop... one in RGB color mode and one in CMYK color mode... see which one comes out closest to the original color... whaddya know THE CMYK DID! why? BECAUSE ITS USED WITH PRINTED MEDIA!!!!

now turn your TV on and put your eyeball right next to it.. what do you see? RED BLUE AND GREEN RECTANGLES? why? BECAUSE ITS SCREEN MEDIA!!!!!

thats why adobe photoshop and the adobe website is going to be littered with those methods... becuase it is used either for making pictures for computers (RGB) or printing (CMYK)

PLEASE TELL ME YOU GET IT!!!!

i wasnt planning on arguing.... i was planning on giving this guy enough info to know that him telling Matter Specter that he was wrong.... was wrong... and elaborate on the color theory and the additive and subtracive primary color methods to give him a little knowledge..... but he had be such a smug ass mofo to say shit like "those of you who are interested in the truth" what the fuck was that? now Im spreading color theory propaganda.... i guess i AM the Red/Blue/Yellow Nightmare... well... if this guy got this head out of his head for a second hed know that i told him off like that because he didnt exactly make matter specter feel good about his query about color and symbolism... well... i had to make him feel not so good about being an asshole to an honest attempt to understand a little more...

Clint
06-16-2003, 09:14 AM
hey i was reading this and it was getting good until everyone starts arguing about stuff i never paid attention to in, in art class. What the hell?

spiraleyes
07-12-2003, 07:40 PM
why are you all talking like you know what goes inside maynards head.

timifendrix
07-15-2003, 06:53 PM
I have to agree that yellow is a primary color. Furthermore, the word BLUE in EBA symbolizes saddness and mourning for the death of adam's dog.[playing the blues]

Also, (black then white are all i see in my infancy RED and YELLOW then came to me reaching out to me , LETS ME SEE . ) RED and YELLOW, are literally the first colors you see as an infant, after a period of black and white. This is written to show that there is allways more that you can't even imagine. This is shown also in the forest in the PARABOLA video, when the "man" finds one colored leaf in the black and white forest.[notice what color it is]

P.S.---This is only what I THINK it means, and i of course don't KNOW any of this.

----------------TIMMY--------------------------

b3rn3r
08-25-2003, 12:10 PM
Jimmy is right in saying that red blue and green are the primary colors. And the Cyan Magenta and Yellow colors are known as the color additive theory. It's a physics thing. The Cones or rods (can't remember which one) in our eyes, see three primary colors. Red Green and Blue. That is why some color blind people can see yellow and not green.

neochrist
08-25-2003, 05:44 PM
actually i dont think the whole primary colors thing has anything to do with it, eon blue apocalypse sounds like to me its about a great flood, think about it, eon comes from the word aeon, which means age long, blue relates to water, and apocalypse probably means flooding of the earth, so what you have is the age long flood, this most likely relates to the flood in the bible in which god flooded the earth.

Matter Specter
08-25-2003, 05:55 PM
everything here is BLUE . you people are takeing it to literaly. the songs have nothing to do with color theory , and i never intended it to seem that way .

Cylith
11-03-2003, 10:47 AM
why are you all talking like you know what goes inside maynards head.

Ha ha! Good point! I would also like to add that they seem to be arguing over the meaning of a song that has no words...I understand that you can interpret things from a tittle and from music, but I think it's silly to agrue so cynically over a song that has no words......(even the songs WITH words can be intrepreted in so many ways...much of it is a matter or OPINION!)