PDA

View Full Version : It really is "I love you."

holy reality
04-23-2003, 06:14 PM
Listen to the right channel.... Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiLuUuUuUuUuuuuuvvvvvvuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Come on now... Tool loves to BS us..... how can he take his cat making a weird noise and make it sound like somone saying "I love you." ...... that would take some good editing skills..... plus it doesn't really sound like a cat at all... even with all the alterations....

Plus........ MANTRA.... something you repeat over and over......... hence "I love you" over and over.......

Come on guys.... it's not his cat.... unless his cat can talk or he can manipulate his cat making a weird noise and form sentences out of it.

I know this has been said before, but since none of those threads are visible I thought I would chime in.....

I just recently heard it for the first time a few weeks ago... up until then it just seemed like nonsensical noises and I bought the cat story, but then one day I heard "Love" very clearly and it freaked me out... so I listened closer and I hear "I love you." pretty clearly.

<3 I love you. <3

forty6n2
04-24-2003, 04:35 PM
its his cat, in an interview i believe he said it was one of his two siamese cats. its just slowed down, my cat can make a noise similar to that.

Big_D
04-24-2003, 08:35 PM
I'm pretty sure it's his cat. Just because it sounds like it says "I love you" doesn't mean it does. If that were true then 19th century astronomers WERE seeing canals on the surface of Mars!

Wataru
04-24-2003, 09:04 PM
If Maynard says it's his cat, who can contradict him?

Maybe his cat can speak.
I wish my cat could say "I love you."
I wish I had a cat...

Although this song does have an undeniably sensual "I love you"y feel to it, don't you think? And if you study relational dynamics or interpersonal communications, or any other identical subject with a deceptively sophisticated title, you can draw some pretty clear parallels between the Lateralus album and the stages of a relationship. Mantra does correspond to the euphorically blissful and ephemeral (Mantra's a short song, too) "Intensifying" stage of a relationship.

Dalamar
04-24-2003, 11:34 PM
I myself dont believe its his cat. Yes Maynard did say it was his cat, so that must be true since Maynard and gang have never had any fun with their fans have they/ Dont they allways tell the truth?

holy reality
04-26-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Dalamar
I myself dont believe its his cat. Yes Maynard did say it was his cat, so that must be true since Maynard and gang have never had any fun with their fans have they/ Dont they allways tell the truth?

exactly what I said, but at least someone else thinks the same....

come on... the joy of lachyr..... something.... ology.... remember? lachyrology?

adjkl
04-26-2003, 10:32 PM
It can be anything. If you can make yourself believe that it's a god or a dog, then it is.. to you. It doesn't really matter to me. A good sound is a good sound.

random_1
04-27-2003, 11:44 PM
is that the fucken wierd noise at the ned of mantra,

i was was sorta spacing out when i was first listern to the cd as a whole through. that noise come on and i nearly passed out.
maby i was to tired and it was turned up to high.
but it was intense

i listerned to it over and over and tried to find out if its word's
sorta sounds like them, but maby i just wanted to belive that.
i like the idea of a cat. haha its more lighthearted.

i think the lateralus guy is a commen person. thats enlightened. or meditating or some thing, or maby maynard. shit maby god.

but i know alex grey did the art for them, and he draws alot of pictures of people just praying. and god. check them out, there good

hbynoe
05-12-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Dalamar
I myself dont believe its his cat. Yes Maynard did say it was his cat, so that must be true since Maynard and gang have never had any fun with their fans have they/ Dont they allways tell the truth? damn right dude

i question it too...i dont hear no cat ...meow

Nirvana
05-12-2003, 01:38 AM
i listen to it 10 times... and i cant here anything... maybe im stupid =)