PDA

View Full Version : A warning sign?

Washburn
07-06-2006, 07:36 AM
I just thought of 2 other good (in their early days) bands/song writers who went "soft" and sort of dwindled away into poppy crap after writing songs about their son/daughter...Live and Staind. (and perhaps Counting Crows/Adam Duritz)

I know Tool/Maynard is not in the same league, but if Jambi is about his son so much, do you gusy think there's a possibility that Maynard/Tool will go through the same thing? I certainly hope NOT.

Just a thought that occured to me after raeding some threads about Jambi being about MJK's son.

AlltheteainChina
07-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Eh, big difference. Staind rose and fell in like 2 years, can't really comment on live because i haven't listened to them since 96. never considered that thought

something_Dark
07-10-2006, 05:13 PM
umm no...

W_I_E
07-10-2006, 09:06 PM
dude maynard wrote about his son 10 years ("H" - Aenima) and still has "dwindled" away, if it hasnt happend by now i dont think it ever will.

HelenA
07-13-2006, 01:01 AM
Even if there are soft bits about Maynard - they are harder than everything else out there!

rogerdoger
07-13-2006, 07:43 AM
I really doubt this, for one, I don't think Maynard would be one to write a song that basically just says "Hey guys, I've lost my touch and I'm gonna go soft". It doesn't seem quite right.

LRonHubbard
07-29-2006, 07:18 AM
I just thought of 2 other good (in their early days) bands/song writers who went "soft" and sort of dwindled away into poppy crap after writing songs about their son/daughter...Live and Staind. (and perhaps Counting Crows/Adam Duritz)

I know Tool/Maynard is not in the same league, but if Jambi is about his son so much, do you gusy think there's a possibility that Maynard/Tool will go through the same thing? I certainly hope NOT.

Just a thought that occured to me after raeding some threads about Jambi being about MJK's son.

how is wrting about your son, "dwinndling away"
id call it GROWING UP!!

mosquitokillah
07-30-2006, 07:53 AM
Well, I think Live & Staind are two of the baddest bands I ever heard.
You can't compare Tool to them.

Louis_116206
08-13-2006, 11:46 AM
you have a good point there. a lot of bands dwindle into softer stuff but with tool i think its different. most bands play good stuff when they first come out because they want to get noticed but when they become noticed they play shit because they no longer have the need to impress the fans.

however... tool are very secretive and try to keep themselves to theirselves so therefore they have to play decent songs.

i know what you mean when you say the heavy stuff has disappeared but with 10.000 days it seems more experimental than the previous albums. it is effective in its own way.

also i found an interview with MJK and he was asked why he dint play the aggressive stuff anymore and he said something along the lines of that after he got his problems off his chest through song he no longer needed to play the same type of music again.

if i can find the link again i'll post it otherwise search: maynard james keenan interviews :on google