PDA

View Full Version : Maynard's vocals

reign3
04-23-2003, 03:29 PM
If you listen closely on this I think you can hear (at least for most of the song) that there are actualy 2 of maynards vocal tracks. Listen very closely to his singing especialy at the begining. at the begining he has this monotone voice that somehow gets a bit higher-"pure intention juxtaposed, will set two lovers souls in motion." notice how his voice gets higher? if you listen closely, you can hear that the same monotone voice he uses at the begining is still there.

Kind of a useless thread. just wondering if anybody else has noticed this. maybe they use the same technique on other songs?

Edman
04-24-2003, 12:46 PM
I noticed this. The monotone voice works great when recording. When my band made our first album, we used a montone voice over a songs called "Populas" and "Descend". It's a great addition that sounds great, if used in the right song. It was perfect for Schism. I thought it would have been a good idea if they used it for Lateralus too. There's a bit of it at the beginning, but it should have sounded thicker. But that's me.