PDA

View Full Version : I found the banana

The Drizzle
07-05-2006, 07:33 AM
I was going for a bicycle ride on the trail near my house late one night last week when a noise behind me caused me to look back. When I did I noticed out of the corner of my eye that i was being chased by a "flaming stealth banana". Upon further inspection I realized it was the cresent moon that apeared to be following when viewed through the trees.

Just a small peice of the puzzle that i beleive is the source of the persona's banana.

mr. nikki jensen
07-05-2006, 07:35 AM
another interesting view on the banana thing...

CaseLogic
07-05-2006, 07:46 AM
I thought it was a reference to a Bill Hicks skit?

Also, no offense, but I could look at an alka-seltzer at a funny angle in a glass of water, in front of a red light, and also claim that this is the source of his flaming stealth banana.

The Drizzle
07-05-2006, 07:55 AM
I thought it was a reference to a Bill Hicks skit?

Also, no offense, but I could look at an alka-seltzer at a funny angle in a glass of water, in front of a red light, and also claim that this is the source of his flaming stealth banana.

No offense taken bro. this is all opinion and speculation, but the "banana" "split the sky wide open" and about the only thing i could imagine that would inspire visions of flaming bananas in the sky is that cresent moon lit up as it was.

as for the bill hicks reference that could be the case also like i said this is all theroy and we won't know until MJK tells us for sure (which I don't see ever happening).

Aunt Acid
07-05-2006, 04:20 PM
as for the bill hicks reference that could be the case also like i said this is all theroy and we won't know until MJK tells us for sure (which I don't see ever happening).

It's not all theory... it is without a doubt a Bill Hicks reference. "Couldn't we feasibly use that technology to shoot food at hungry people? 'Look there's a guy that needs a banana!' *SHOOT* The stealth banana... SMART FRUIT!"

The Drizzle
07-05-2006, 10:20 PM
The term "stealth banana" is probably a reference to bill hicks but, the source of our protagonists vision was what i was investigating.

imagine if you were tweeking and you saw the moon appear as the clouds drifted away. I thing it would be easy for your mind to see it as a "flaming banana". "Stealth" was probably just dropped in there as a allusion to Bill Hicks by Maynard.

Nate-Dogg85
07-06-2006, 06:30 AM
i like this idea, and it builds on what i believe maynard is talking about in the song. (this is my opinion, you can accept it if you want) I really feel that this song brings up the debate of "Who can determine the reality of drugs?" Everyones biased in some sort of way, so who has the right answer? And this idea... is like saying, the man saw the moon, and his mind morphed it into a banana splitting the sky open and tearing his world apart. And its like, the man wasnt taken to a different world, hes just fucked up and seeing things with a different type of glasses on on this particular day.

the darknight
07-17-2006, 09:25 PM
I bet it’s a reference to bill hicks...

but if rosette stoned supposedly has references musically to old riffs in it than maybe it has references to old lyrics in it as well

"the moon tells me a secret" seems similar to a flaming stealth banana...

savelints8
07-17-2006, 10:01 PM
I always thought the "stealth banana" was the spaceship that the narrator saw.

eonblue462
07-18-2006, 11:38 AM
It has to be Willie boy! I mean the man said "stealth bananna", how many other people have used the phrase "Stealth Bananna"?!

remember_forget
07-19-2006, 05:44 PM
The stealth banana could indicate that the person was filled with positive visions, right?

asdf25
07-20-2006, 06:06 AM
I bet it’s a reference to bill hicks...

but if rosette stoned supposedly has references musically to old riffs in it than maybe it has references to old lyrics in it as well

"the moon tells me a secret" seems similar to a flaming stealth banana...

No it doesn't.

slowmo
07-24-2006, 09:45 PM
I found the banana, can you guess where it is?

HEHE j/k

sysyphus
07-31-2006, 09:44 AM
ok how about: flaming stealth banana refers to the bicycle seat. flaming because it's a bright yellow color. and stealth.. well cause you're sitting on it and can't see it. split the sky wide open... i'll let you use your imagination

Crowl
07-31-2006, 10:14 AM
Bill Hicks also talks about mushrooms in cow pats literally being "Holy Fucking Shit"

praefector
07-31-2006, 10:22 AM
are people actually to the point of thinking of the song in this way?

and saying shit like 'our protagonist'

if youre focusing on the literal story, im sad to say, youre missing the point pretty badly

nice observation nonetheless, the C-moon does look like a banana

Matt8
07-31-2006, 01:58 PM
i once had a ninja monkey throw bananas at me and then tried to light me on fire if that counts.

Spaceman Spiff
07-31-2006, 02:14 PM
the "banana" "split the sky wide open" and about the only thing i could imagine that would inspire visions of flaming bananas in the sky is that cresent moon lit up as it was. .
I bet it’s a reference to bill hicks... .

It's probably intended to be both.