PDA

View Full Version : How would you arrange the stage?

povvy
11-24-2002, 04:34 PM
If you could, how would you change/set up TOOL's stage layout?

I, personally, would bring back the screen behind Maynard in favor of the "spiraling" platform screen. One thing which is a little more drastic: keep the large backdrops, but project images such as the walking aliens, eyes, smokebox, etc. on to it. Maybe switch Maynard's and Danny's positions for kicks. :-P

Patrick.

brent
11-25-2002, 02:38 PM
for whatever reason in Beaumont, TX they put the screen BEHIND Maynard like the 2001 tour. i saw them this fall in both San Antonio, TX and Beaumont, TX and they only put the screen behind him in Beaumont. Why? i do not know. i wonder if they did this anywhere else during this past fall tour.
it seems to me that they put the screen behind Maynard in 2001 fall (U.S.) tour and they put the screen under Maynard in the 2002 summer and fall (U.S.) tour. i personally agree with you though......i prefer the screen to be behind him rather than the "spiraling" platform screen under him. but i dont think they really care what I prefer.

-s p i r a l - o u t - k e e p - g o i n g-

Dredg
11-28-2002, 08:52 AM
I believe the reason why the band has different spots on the stage is because of sound issues. So I think anytime they do something different with the stage setup is because of sound.

(-)
12-01-2002, 10:00 AM
I would have to respectfully disagree on that point. I don't understand how the sound would be affected by moving Maynard to the back.

I don't think I would tinker with the current setup. I think it works wonderfully.

Dredg
12-01-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by (-)
I would have to respectfully disagree on that point. I don't understand how the sound would be affected by moving Maynard to the back.

I don't think I would tinker with the current setup. I think it works wonderfully.

there was a article about their new setup and how it works better for the bands sound and stuff

if you download an old song you can usually hear Maynards mic go nuts..

blueghost
12-02-2002, 09:45 PM
the stage setup is perfect, it makes you focus on the show and visuals more tan the band members themselves. and by the way the sound would be better with maynard at the back, he couold hear everything in his monitors alot better by being behind the huge speakers on either side

ghost