PDA

View Full Version : Einstein

jim39n
07-01-2006, 08:20 PM
I was browsing Caduceus.org, when I noticed this quote from Alber Einstein

"“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.”"

This reminded me of "Damn my eyes! If they should compromise A fulcrum Watching me divide me Then I might as well be gone"

Maybe the inspiration for said line?

jim39n
07-03-2006, 07:29 AM
just noticed my typo, to late to edit

*Albert

DON IOTAE
07-03-2006, 07:43 AM
Yep. Absolutely. Here's another one: "Fear is like a broken bridge, a broken promise; and the proof is in the bloodshot eyes of the one who failed to see your Mystery..." Ed Kowalczyk

actualize_epiphanies
07-23-2006, 06:31 PM
"damn my eyes"

Oedipus Rex; Blindness by Jose Saramago

actualize_epiphanies
07-23-2006, 06:38 PM
Saramago: highly recommended.

No one and nobody
07-23-2006, 07:32 PM
How's this for an Einstein quote:

"The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceiling with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books -- a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects."

Gives me goosebumps...