PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Grooves on the Vinyl

mandruku
04-22-2003, 01:04 AM
This song is on the CD because it is on the Vinyl, and on the vinyl it IS at the end of one side to appear to be hitting the paper, and you think you missed out on a song called usefull idiot, a short song at that. Unless of course you realise that the vinyl actually has a parallel track starting at the start of the song which always gets skipped if you play on from track 3, and i mean, after hearing it once, who purposly goes to track 4? unless you know to put the stylus into the short parallel track. I can't believe somebody hasn't noticed this earlier. Not that it is a particulary interesting song, some lame sound effect and words that sound like :elbillug elbillug or something I can't quite make it out.

Green Man
05-01-2003, 07:29 PM
I was watching MTV"S cribs and they were going through a vj's house, he was going through his vinyl's and he pulled out undertow. I went nuts. .......so where did you get yours.

i totally agree with you. it sounds like something tool would do. i just wish i had the vinyl

sircorn
05-06-2003, 07:35 PM
you messing with us or not? what this about an actual usful idiot song?

jpmanson
05-07-2003, 02:52 PM
is there any way to get this song onto a computer file? id liek to hear it..

Undefined
05-26-2003, 07:30 PM
I think he's just talking about the same version as on CD, but it is a little more eerie because it makes the same sound as the vinyl ends..

mandruku
06-01-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Undefined
I think he's just talking about the same version as on CD, but it is a little more eerie because it makes the same sound as the vinyl ends..

no, its a different song, well, not a song as much, more like ions, you know, sounds and stuff, not so much of a melody etc
anyway, its not hard to find, just get someone with a vinyl copy and listen to it

BazookaJoe
06-21-2003, 12:59 AM
Pretty funny. I've been meaning to aquire all the vynil's latley, although all the one's I have foudn are opiate and undertow. As usual, Tool keeps its reputation as a pretty free thinking, satirical band. I think taking a joke like this seriously is pretty much what they want. Someone following them like a religion to prove their own point.

exojjl
10-03-2004, 06:08 PM

somebody show me a place to get the vinyl, ill have it on the computer within a few minutes of getting the vinyl.

Triangular_Vision
10-06-2004, 07:46 AM
Pretty funny. I've been meaning to aquire all the vynil's latley, although all the one's I have foudn are opiate and undertow. As usual, Tool keeps its reputation as a pretty free thinking, satirical band. I think taking a joke like this seriously is pretty much what they want. Someone following them like a religion to prove their own point.

or perhaps they are attempting to mimick life in the sense that the only reason it is ihteresting is because you can never get it all...