PDA

View Full Version : Addicts

jonboy
06-28-2006, 03:22 AM
http://www.thejakartapost.com/detailnational.asp?fileid=20060628.G06&irec=10

HelenA
07-06-2006, 02:39 AM

Am I doing something wrong? LOL I don't get it.

mr. nikki jensen
07-06-2006, 03:48 AM
me neither

HelenA
07-06-2006, 04:34 AM
me neither

Phew - thought I was just blonde! (and inclined towards self doubt)

swampyfool
07-06-2006, 05:43 AM
Try again- this apparently doesn't work.

Warartist
07-06-2006, 06:06 AM
It works. Go to latest news.

swampyfool
07-06-2006, 04:32 PM
It works. Go to latest news.
But that's just a list of stories- published on 7/6- that weren't there at the time of the original post- posted on 6-28 . . . JonBoy, you should repost this with a link to the actual story . . .

jonboy
07-09-2006, 02:55 PM
But that's just a list of stories- published on 7/6- that weren't there at the time of the original post- posted on 6-28 . . . JonBoy, you should repost this with a link to the actual story . . .

Will see if I can find it again. It was a piece about drug trade in Jambi. Basicly saying that it was an area notorious for its pot

jonboy
07-09-2006, 03:04 PM
ok. the link is dead now. here is the article text from their archives.

JAMBI, Jambi: Drug addiction cases are increasing steadily in Jambi province, according to data at the Orang Kito Information Center (Sikok) Foundation.

The alarming rise in new cases is thought to have been caused by the ease with which certain illicit substances are procured in the area.

The foundation's data, released Monday, showed up 759 addicts were currently being treated at the drug addiction installation at the Jambi Hospital for the Mentally Ill, an increase of 30 percent on last year's figure.

"That number deals only with those reporting their cases for consultation. The real numbers of drug addiction could be much higher than that," Lamtiar Tumanggor, HIV/AIDS program coordinator at the Sikok Foundation, said.

Lamtiar said the increase was likely due to the fact that Jambi province is one of Indonesia's major cannabis cultivating regions. Cannabis is commonly found growing wild in Jambi's Kerinci regency.

Even though a large quantity of the plant had already been destroyed by authorities, many other crops were believed to be still growing, he said.

"About 45 percent of drug-addicted patients consume cannabis," Lamtiar said, adding the remainder were taking ecstasy. -- JP

swampyfool
07-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Hey thanks, JB, although I'm not quite sure I see the relevance.

jonboy
07-10-2006, 12:49 AM
Hey thanks, JB, although I'm not quite sure I see the relevance.

There may be none. Just some more info to add to the pool.

HelenA
07-10-2006, 04:13 AM
ok. the link is dead now. here is the article text from their archives.

JAMBI, Jambi: Drug addiction cases are increasing steadily in Jambi province, according to data at the Orang Kito Information Center (Sikok) Foundation.

Cannabis is commonly found growing wild in Jambi's Kerinci regency.

Wow - cannabis growing wild! What an amazing thought!

It could be a helpful idea actually - if you think about Jambi as a symbol of rich, indulgent, wild temptations then it can add a new light to the song. This sort of thing: "Keep your king's mountains and sultan's feasts away from me (you silent legions), they may tempt me to compromise my fulcrum and led me astray and I would not want that even for one day".

WHAT a great song (by the way)! The drums are amazing. I love it.