PDA

View Full Version : current favorite

EndEyeQuote
11-24-2002, 02:37 PM
This is my current favorite TOOL song, taking the place of the song LATERALUS, which of course i still love. My favorite song seems to change every six months or so.
Im not sure what it is about this song that i like so much currently, but like any TOOL song i think its just a combination of everything about the songs construction, not to mention that the lyrics kick ass.

For someone experiencing TOOL in order this is a great introduction.

Anyone else currently seeing this as their top choice?

Metalanarchist
11-25-2002, 11:17 AM
This was my first favorite Tool song, when I first heard Opiate in 1993! Maynard's rising voice in the chorus: "It's the way..." ... the middle break when Adam rips off that metal chugger ... Simple but oh-so-effective. Grabbed me and never let go!

EndEyeQuote
11-26-2002, 02:25 AM
yeah TOOL has been my favorite band since undertow which i was very fortunate to hear intolerance the week undertow came out cause my cousin played it for me. i picked up both opiate and undertow right away and have been a TOOL freak ever since.

ad sweat is defiantely the best song on OPIATE, as much as i like the song OPIATE i think its a tad overrated in comparison.

i will note that jerk-off was my favorite for awhile - but that was just because of the line "its only wrong if you get caught"

scorpioali
12-01-2002, 02:53 PM
hush is my favorite song on opiate, but i do like the way maynard sings the "i'm the hunter and the fisherman" part in jerk-off.

Slave#1
12-04-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by scorpioali
hush is my favorite song on opiate, but i do like the way maynard sings the "i'm the hunter and the fisherman" part in jerk-off.

Maynard sings "I'm the hunter and fisherman" in the song "SWEAT", NOT in "jerk off."

orenge_pop
12-04-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by scorpioali

let me tell you how funny that is.......

just like the time a friend of mine said "H" was the best song off of undertow....i tell you its still funny.