PDA

View Full Version : an old maynard quote

hellenkellerkarate
06-26-2006, 06:44 PM
I had a bootleg, I think from 97, on which Maynard says the following as an introduction to the song H.: "Ever have someone love you so much that they tried to kill you? Like they're sucking you into a hole, and you have to kill them to get away..." Now I guess people don't agree whether or not in Right in Two Maynard says "cutting our love right in two," but I think he does, and I think this quote sheds some light on what he means by it.

Garguantua
06-30-2006, 09:12 PM
I have had that experience.
One word: Stalkers.

Very stressful, and shitty.

Terry21
07-01-2006, 04:19 AM
"Ever have someone love you so much that they tried to kill you? Like they're sucking you into a hole, and you have to kill them to get away..."

So the first sentence means they are killing you and the second sentence means you are killing them?

What? What Maynard said doesn't make sense.

One Dark Flame
07-01-2006, 08:30 PM
I had a bootleg, I think from 97, on which Maynard says the following as an introduction to the song H.: "Ever have someone love you so much that they tried to kill you? Like they're sucking you into a hole, and you have to kill them to get away..." Now I guess people don't agree whether or not in Right in Two Maynard says "cutting our love right in two," but I think he does, and I think this quote sheds some light on what he means by it.
That's actually the quote before "Pushit" starts.

OGT from back in the day
07-01-2006, 08:34 PM
That's actually the quote before "Pushit" starts.
yes, i was about to say that

Jayar
07-01-2006, 08:41 PM
I think I remember him saying 'Yeah, me neither' after.

MarthFTW
07-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure this is what pushit, H. and perhaps more of Aenima is about.

Kundalini108
07-17-2006, 08:44 PM
I think thats what pushit was about...Someone pushing their love on you to a point where you had to kill them to get away...and the statement takes the perception of both sides of the story...and yes he does say "me either". H has nothing to do with that nor does aenima...sorry to say

paraflux
07-18-2006, 12:42 PM
"Ever have someone love you so much that they tried to kill you? Like they're sucking you into a hole, and you have to kill them to get away..."

So the first sentence means they are killing you and the second sentence means you are killing them?

What? What Maynard said doesn't make sense.
Makes perfect sense. If someone (or a group of humanity) is dragging you (or a much smaller, wiser group of humanity) down, in order to survive, you must kill them instead.

I will always love you
as I throw your fucking throat away
it will end no other way

collapsed shell
07-18-2006, 12:47 PM
that is definatly the intro to pushit from that show. for h he does another great intro. this is not quoted but he says something about a devil on one shoulder and and angel on another, but really its just friends trying to give you advice but they don't know whats best for you you have to make the choice for yourself.

its a really cool quote but my cd of that show was stolen so i can't at this time give exact quotes for either.

i believe its a new york show if my memory serves me. it also contains the aenema version with new york instead of la and penn bay instead of az bay.

remember_forget
07-18-2006, 02:43 PM
That was great quote, I'm pretty sure from Woodstock '99's Pushit. Cracked me up. That show shed a lot of light on a lot of different Tool songs.

collapsed shell
07-18-2006, 05:04 PM
That was great quote, I'm pretty sure from Woodstock '99's Pushit. Cracked me up. That show shed a lot of light on a lot of different Tool songs.

what?

blood_wh0re
07-18-2006, 10:07 PM
the quote is from the philadelphia show, 1996. trust me.

collapsed shell
07-18-2006, 10:41 PM
the quote is from the philadelphia show, 1996. trust me.

ok i'll go with that. my mistake on new york. i new it was one or the other. but certainly not woodstock.

too bad lachrymology.com has fallen i would love to have that show back. the recording was decent and as mentioned in this thread maynard had a lot to say.

"this is justin, he's from poland"

No one and nobody
07-18-2006, 10:47 PM
I think the logic behind Right In Two is apparent everywhere, from the fact that we are a country at odds with everything from the War in Iraq, Stem Cells, Coke vs. Pepsi, Apple vs IBM; its everywhere in these threads... we can't agree to disagree, we only argue our point louder and more profanely (present company excluded)... we are divisive by nature.

raz1iss
07-19-2006, 07:41 AM
huh

psykostx
07-19-2006, 07:46 AM
Ok Maynard is well educated and he has a cool way of seeing things, but a lot of his stuff doesn't make much sense. How often do you think he takes LSD? Lost Keys on 10,000 days (hoffman discovered LSD). I'm guessing about five days a week if s***ing the bed is typical! Maynard is smart but hes also crazy!

psykostx
07-19-2006, 07:46 AM
AND I AM IN NO WAY SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THE NEW ALBUM, ITS DEF THE BEST ONE YET!

implandnoises
07-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Ok Maynard is well educated and he has a cool way of seeing things, but a lot of his stuff doesn't make much sense. How often do you think he takes LSD? Lost Keys on 10,000 days (hoffman discovered LSD). I'm guessing about five days a week if s***ing the bed is typical! Maynard is smart but hes also crazy!
clear your mind and wake up. just a little bit. maynard is a normal human being. not everything he sings or says is always entirely true or about himself.

i don't think maynard has disclosed his actually frequency of hallucinogenic drug use, but i would think from various comments that it is not often and a lot less often than it once was.

dave, however, well he sounds like a bit of a fruitloop

bog23
07-26-2006, 04:59 AM

I am too connected to you
to slip away,
to fade away.
Days away I still feel you
touching me,
changing me,
and (considerately killing me)

and yeah u can be killed by too much love...especially when u are fed everyday till oneday when u are let starving
you are sucked in in this dark hole and to escape u must choose-let urself killed or kill the other and survive him and yourself

Warartist
07-26-2006, 05:13 AM
Makes perfect sense. If someone (or a group of humanity) is dragging you (or a much smaller, wiser group of humanity) down, in order to survive, you must kill them instead.

I will always love you
it will end no other way

I thought it was (even as I tare your fucking throat away.)

Warartist
07-26-2006, 05:15 AM
This quote makes since for Pushit, not H. or Right in two.

Warartist
07-26-2006, 05:21 AM
clear your mind and wake up. just a little bit. maynard is a normal human being. not everything he sings or says is always entirely true or about himself.

i don't think maynard has disclosed his actually frequency of hallucinogenic drug use, but i would think from various comments that it is not often and a lot less often than it once was.

dave, however, well he sounds like a bit of a fruitloop

I think he messed with the stuff a bit, but I don't think he does anything now. Why are their so many people that think Maynard is gets fucked up all the time?

remember_forget
07-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Well the bootleg I have of that concert says "Woodstock 1999"

I was assuming that was correct.

weesper
07-26-2006, 10:20 AM

I will always love you
it will end no other way

Just too bad you missed the 'abused-becomes-abuser' theme to the song there...

LetGoLetgoLetGo
07-26-2006, 10:23 AM
I have the boot with the Pushit quote and the H. quote. And its a single track bootleg from some filesharing network. Mine says "Houston, TX - 97"

Caduceus11
07-26-2006, 06:15 PM

You need to do your homework before making these kinds of statements....maybe you should go buy "eMotion" from APC...that will help a little bit.

SiGuy
07-27-2006, 01:16 PM
yes, go buy stuff, that will solve all your problems

barffyman
02-20-2007, 09:49 AM

i thought i read in some interview that he has experimented with drugs, but never to the point of addiction, while unfortunately he knows many people who have.

Inner_Eulogy
02-21-2007, 10:12 AM

As already stated, it's Pushit, not H....and I don't see how Right In Two has anything in common with the above statement. Pushit was obviously about a violent or bad relationship between somebody. Right In Two is regarding mankind in general as being too selfish to learn how to get along and love one another or too ignorant to look past differences.

Inner_Eulogy
02-21-2007, 10:15 AM

I would fairly assume that he's been done with his days of drug use for some time now. I always could be wrong but, he does have a son ya' know.

jevons
02-21-2007, 10:27 AM
I thought it was (even as I tare your fucking throat away.)

Claw, it's "as I claw your fucking throat away."

jevons
02-21-2007, 10:35 AM
As for the drugs, in an/or the only APC DVD, Maynard talks about writing Blue after meeting a girl and commenting on her skin colour, or eye shadow, something like that. After the girl left, his friend told him she was a junky. He's the optimist in there. That is probably my only reference for a long-held idea that he has had far more addiction around him than in him.

I heard a quote before H. once which stated the song was about having kids. A healthy balance to the all-too-easy heroine analysis.

Matthew77
02-21-2007, 11:51 AM

I heard this quote and you forgot to put what he says after it. He says "me either" it was from a show in New York in the late 90's or at least that is what the cd said that a friend burnt for me. Also during Aenima he says see you in Pennsylvania Bay instead of Arizona Bay.

tempo zilch
02-21-2007, 12:54 PM
He used to say that before Prison Sex, I'm sure of it. Maybe some others as well but I definitely had a bootleg where he said it and "yeah, me neither" before Prison Sex OTRM.

Inner_Eulogy
02-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Claw, it's "as I claw your fucking throat away."

agreed

Inner_Eulogy
02-22-2007, 10:44 AM
As for the drugs, in an/or the only APC DVD, Maynard talks about writing Blue after meeting a girl and commenting on her skin colour, or eye shadow, something like that. After the girl left, his friend told him she was a junky. He's the optimist in there. That is probably my only reference for a long-held idea that he has had far more addiction around him than in him.

I heard a quote before H. once which stated the song was about having kids. A healthy balance to the all-too-easy heroine analysis.

H. IS about when Maynard's son was born

latifbp
03-01-2007, 07:40 PM
puss shit

Cheesegreater
03-01-2007, 08:36 PM
H. IS about when Maynard's son was born

So Maynard had a son around 96 or before? I had no idea. I thought he had only just recently had a child. Anyway, just curious.