PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts

DECAY
11-24-2002, 02:23 PM
First off, this song is one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard. It is so simple, but yet it carries with it a very powerful message, and very powerful emotion. Plus, it's great to meditate and cool-down to. Oh well, here's what I think...

I feel the song is about wanting to learn. Wanting to be able to think for oneself. The urge to learn, see things for how they are, change because of your new knowledge, and finally adapt and become comfortable with oneself and one's new situation and way of thinking. This, of course, leads into "Reflection."

I feel that "mention this to me" refers to my thought on the urge to learn, the desire to experience, and "watch the weather change" refers to my thought on the person, in this case, Maynard, changing. Whereas the "weather" would be his outlook, his views, his way of life.

This is then where it ties into "Reflection." Where you take a look at what you've become and how you got there.

Ultimately, I think, this song is about growth, and the desire to grow, learn, and change.

TheHollow
11-24-2002, 02:29 PM
Excellent post man! To put it in a few words, "Disposition", gets you ready to take a look at your "Reflection"!