PDA

View Full Version : Reflection into Wings

grathrax
06-23-2006, 06:31 PM
It has been stated by many that Reflection is supposed to be in some way connected to Wings for Marie/10000 Days. So while making dream setlists as playlists in itunes, i put them next to each other and while i was giving it a test listen i noticed that the giant boom at the start of Wings is the same note as the last note of the guitar riff that is cut off by the end of reflection before triad starts. Other than that, I cant really say anything more, ill probably discover more as i keep listening.

mr. nikki jensen
06-23-2006, 11:34 PM
i haven't looked at reflection with a connection to the Wings. I think i would try to listen and see if you're right.

Yondo
06-24-2006, 09:57 AM
Maybe Disposition into Wings.... Maybe.

grathrax
06-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Maybe Disposition into Wings.... Maybe.

I just remember that when the album was reviewed with the help of an "insider" prior to release who kept referring to his friends car as a "listening booth", the insider said some comment about the two being connected. I listen to them now, and see that their is a musical connection as I stated earlier.

I came up with another connection last night, but forgot it. Will post when I remember.

morgoth's shadow
08-02-2006, 01:33 AM
lyrically they could hardly be less related to each other, musically i suppose wings is comparable to disposition/reflection but that's it. end thread.

InsolentBystander
08-02-2006, 10:32 AM
It has been stated by many that Reflection is supposed to be in some way connected to Wings for Marie/10000 Days. So while making dream setlists as playlists in itunes, i put them next to each other and while i was giving it a test listen i noticed that the giant boom at the start of Wings is the same note as the last note of the guitar riff that is cut off by the end of reflection before triad starts. Other than that, I cant really say anything more, ill probably discover more as i keep listening.

That “giant boom” is also exactly the same as the one that ends “Merkaba”.