PDA

View Full Version : a link between 4 degrees and freemasonry?

greg vs greg
06-22-2006, 08:19 PM
I was wondering if there was any purposeful connection on the part of one MJK between the song 4 Degrees and freemasonry. I never really had any reason to believe there was until I did a little digging on the subject. In freemasonry, especially within the Scottish Rite, a member goes through several different degrees. Each step in degree is determined by studying and writing about various philosophical ideas. The first degree, that of "Secret Master," is at 4 degrees.

"Get up and free yourself from yourself. Locked up inside you, like the calm beneath castles, is a cavern of treasures that noone has been to."

There is an undeniable link between the freemasons and the knights templar. This link is found in Rosslyn Chaple (one of the sites visited in The Da Vinci Code, a rather horrible book, and even worse movie if I do say so.) In this Chaple, which was built hundreds of years after the Knights Templar were "officially" disbanded and several hundred years before the freemasons were "officially" established, it contains strong symbolism of both organizations. This isn't so much interesting as it is just a clue that there is something more to this chaple. The design of the chaple is unusual for its time in that it doesn't resemble the shape of a cross, but rather is based upon the original design of the ancient holy temple in Jeruselum. The original temple had 3 floors below ground. The Rosslyn Chaple only has 2. Might there be another? The leaders of the chaple are unwilling to do any type of excavation due to the age and instability of the chaple.

The reason why many people believe it is worth looking into is because the great wealth, and possibly even the holy grail itself, which was accumulated by the Knights Templar during their existance seemed to have vanished along with them.

Personally, I think it's all folklore and isn't worth worrying over too much unless you're a wannabe Indiana Jones looking for lost gold. I'm just wondering if the song goes any deeper than just a vagina.

Melanos
06-24-2006, 09:52 PM
all the songs go deeper than "surface value". And yes if you can truly free yourself from yourself and "go diggin" you might just find the secret of the world......and find out that you've "known this all along".

and i think he is talking about the treasures within ones self.

T-13h
06-24-2006, 11:22 PM
It's "chapel," and Blair wants you to eat dead people's pineal glands.

Honestly, it's like some people don't even try...

Edit: eating dead a person's pineal gland is probably illegal in Kansas and probably tastes disgusting.

Zarathustra
07-04-2006, 07:31 AM
guess how much your body temperature rises when you have sex.

paraflux
07-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Guess how much your body temperature rises when you increase your body's vibrational frequencies? Give the elitism a rest.

Cha
07-05-2006, 02:17 PM
burned, but I don't think he was trying to be elite, just humorous.