PDA

View Full Version : Ever have any visions or dreams about the band?

cainecrawford
04-20-2003, 05:30 PM
Aside from my mother telling me to go to West Point in 84. I had a dream about a month ago. It was just after seeing the Heilwing and Manson Hall of Fame pics. A S.W.A.T. agent who I felt was to be Maynard. Was in full gear and gathering data on a schoolyard full of children as the played around the merry go round. I had the overwhelmiing feeling that that was going to have something to do with the next album. Wether or not it is A Perfect Circle or not I couldn't tell you.
So you have any odd or unusual dreams about Maynard or the band?

FlamingEye
04-20-2003, 06:20 PM
I have had a few Tool dreams. I don't remember what exactly happened, but I know I was hanging out with Maynard in one of them, and another I wen't to a concert and the place that they played in was small and it only had like 20 seats for fans, and I was with a couple of people from my school whom i'm not even good friends with, with me. It was a really weird show, there were some creatures from the Sober video everywhere. But yah, it was interesting.

cainecrawford
04-21-2003, 07:04 PM
Sounds like you had an alien experience. Do have opposing yet I dentical marks on the back of your calves and wrists? No seriously. I saw a tv show about people who said they have been abducted and that's one thing in common they all seem to have. Oddly enough I had what could of been termed as a dream where I woke up on there table. One of them ducted beside the table while the other stood and watched. It was odd cause they were in the form of heatwaves. I looked down at myself and the one standing walked over and pulled the corner of my blanket flat. Apparently I wan't supposed to be able to move it. It was a red glowing color. I then just layed back down. even wierder yet. I wake in the mornings and there's this little dragon type thing floating acroos my vision before i can get it cleared up and seeing good. I however thought that it might be from the military. See I once signed up for the Marine Corps. When I was going for my test I could of swore I woke up in the room as someone in a S.W.A.T. outfit covered up my mouth. I remember waking up the next day and the guy's bed beside me wasn't sleep in. Any way when it was time for me to go I called my Senator and said I ain't going. Never heard anymore about it.

stalkingbutler
07-18-2003, 10:38 AM
i Had a dream about them playing my school, eveyone was down in the hall to watch.Maynard was dressed like the devil, and he had a mask on, a mask bearing his own face.He was siiting at a school desk and just roaring into the mic, you couldnt hear his vocals clearly.This worried me, i was starting to panic because people couldnt understand the words, they wouldnt get what tool was about and theyed hate the band.Sure enough people started to walk out and i started screaming and crying at them to stay and listen.

A tool nightmare i suppose.

Dispoflectional
07-30-2003, 02:28 PM
i had a dream not too long ago where i was with maynard in some random house and everytime i would ask him a question he would just stare at me and smile...kinda like in the hush video...

Tantobourne
07-30-2003, 03:01 PM
I had a dream where I was on all fours and Maynard was riding on my back like in that live Pushit video. Carey was that multi-armed drum god and he was smacking a polyrhythm on my ass cheeks while Jones sauntered around the three of us and sqealing like a pig at random intervals. Justin just hung in the background playing that 46&2 bassline. Weird stuff.

but no, I haven't had any dreams or visions other than daydreams.

yllwcrystlstr
08-10-2003, 10:42 AM
Sounds like you had an alien experience. Do have opposing yet I dentical marks on the back of your calves and wrists? No seriously. I saw a tv show about people who said they have been abducted and that's one thing in common they all seem to have. Oddly enough I had what could of been termed as a dream where I woke up on there table. One of them ducted beside the table while the other stood and watched. It was odd cause they were in the form of heatwaves. I looked down at myself and the one standing walked over and pulled the corner of my blanket flat. Apparently I wan't supposed to be able to move it. It was a red glowing color. I then just layed back down. even wierder yet. I wake in the mornings and there's this little dragon type thing floating acroos my vision before i can get it cleared up and seeing good. I however thought that it might be from the military. See I once signed up for the Marine Corps. When I was going for my test I could of swore I woke up in the room as someone in a S.W.A.T. outfit covered up my mouth. I remember waking up the next day and the guy's bed beside me wasn't sleep in. Any way when it was time for me to go I called my Senator and said I ain't going. Never heard anymore about it.

wait, so you had a dream of being abducted by aliens? weird. did you feel like you were in an altered state of consciousness? just wondering, as maybe your brain released dmt...thats be a great dream.

l=a=t=e=r=a=l=u=s
10-28-2003, 12:58 PM
i reckon Tool is a conspiracy to brainwash people.....it sure worked on me!

expect Tool religions and inane Tool loving communist dictatorships to be popping up sometime soon.....

The Grudge
11-26-2003, 08:41 AM
I had a dream where I was on all fours and Maynard was riding on my back like in that live Pushit video. Carey was that multi-armed drum god and he was smacking a polyrhythm on my ass cheeks while Jones sauntered around the three of us and sqealing like a pig at random intervals. Justin just hung in the background playing that 46&2 bassline. Weird stuff.

but no, I haven't had any dreams or visions other than daydreams.

Kinky.

plastichippo
12-16-2003, 08:06 PM
I've had a recurring dream where I meet with Maynard at a library of some description... there are literally thousands of books, in piles on the floor, and stacked on shelves. Maynard will carefully choose a book and just sit quietly and read to me. I can never actually remember the exact words he is saying, or see the title of the books... they always seem to be smudged out, but I don't really see that baring much significance. The dream may symbolise the knowledge that Tool/Maynard have already imparted to me. I guess the dream itself is not especially eventful, but it's evidence of Maynard's workings on the unconscious mind and also represents to me, the importance of this "tool" in my life.

3rd.eye.cov
12-26-2003, 08:47 AM
i dont remember my dreams often, but i do remember a little part of one. i was at some sort of album release party for the next tool album, whenever that may come. someone showed me the cover. it was all black, but with an alien-like face in the center, with an apple balanced on top. you know, like those creepy tool-creatures with the distorted faces..

i woke up at that moment and drew it on a paper, thinking that perhaps that would make a good album cover someday.

.::robin::.

FuneralDesire
01-16-2004, 01:51 PM
For about a week straight, I just had dreams where my friends and I went to a Tool concert. Each time it seemed totally random since during the day time I hadn't thought about Tool's concerts. The worst part of the dreams were waking up... I was having fun and then it's over in a second. I want a refund.

erishkigal
03-20-2004, 10:21 PM
this has nothing to do with anything but is flamingeye's picture a picture of dani from cradle of filth? i would be iterested to see how many people listen to both cradle and tool because there quite different bands.
sorry if i disrupted the flow of the subject.
by the way i am new to this board. my name is joel and i live in New Zealand and are a 16 year old male, nice to meet you all.

Darkest Day 87
03-30-2004, 06:22 PM
this has nothing to do with anything but is flamingeye's picture a picture of dani from cradle of filth? i would be iterested to see how many people listen to both cradle and tool because there quite different bands.
sorry if i disrupted the flow of the subject.
by the way i am new to this board. my name is joel and i live in New Zealand and are a 16 year old male, nice to meet you all.

first to respond.. I am a huge fan of Tool, and, at the same time, a big fan of COF.. so.. that answers your question... BTW, Hi!

Um.. oh yea

I have not had a Tool related dream that I remember...but I do know, for a fact, that every time I listen to Lareralus (the CD, not the song) right before I go to sleep, or laying down with my eyes closed.. I will have these really bad dreams,. that make no sense at all, because they are intangible in that, it's not images so much as feelings.. and that actually scares the crap out of me...

and another thing that’s related.. um..I was once very tired, and fell asleep in my chair, and I had what else but Lateralus playing, and I jumped sky high out of my chair for no apparent reason during Triad.. maybe I heard something that did not agree with my subconscious mind.. I don’t know.,.

MORNING_GLORY
04-01-2004, 05:44 PM
You can learn a lot about people from their dreams...

Darkest Day 87
04-02-2004, 07:08 AM
You can learn a lot about people from their dreams...

and my/our dreams mean...?

Peaceful Moments
04-02-2004, 01:22 PM
I had a few Tool dreams. The weirdest one was when someone knocked on the door. Our doorbell was missing. So I opened the door and there they were all four of 'em. They just asked "can eat somethink here?" First I freaked out, then I said "sure you can". So we ate something. But noone talked. Weird.

awww shoot
07-02-2004, 05:28 PM
if you're dreaming about the band and seeing them everywhere, you might be gay

Carny_Handles
07-05-2004, 02:13 PM
i remember i had a dream i was playing guitar with the band. We were playing 46&2, i think we were shooting a music video for it. You know one of those retarded music videos where all they do is play and sing along with the music. It was still a pretty cool dream though, because it was so life like.

another tool related dream:

I went to my 3rd tool concert and that night i had a dream where i was sitting on maynards back porch drinking lemonade with him. We were talking about pretty deep stuff too, mostly tool related philosophies. Then adam came over and talked with us. It sounds like a pretty boring dream, but i awoke from it excited that i talked to maynard and adam, but then soon realized it was just a dream.

tetragrammatron
08-02-2004, 09:49 PM
no... weirdos

tetragrammatron
08-02-2004, 09:50 PM
weirdos

metalwarriorx
08-03-2004, 01:32 PM
I recently had a tool raleted dream where I was at school and had to stay their after school cuz i missed my bus. so i was walking around school and saw a poster of the Dodger game that night and on the poster was a picture of maynard playing first base, so i went to ask the janitor of the school about this and he said that maynard will be making his major league baseball debut tonight at the dodger game. So i walked back home and noticed that everybody i saw was either talking about maynard's great skill at baseball or watching the game on tv. and when i got back home the game had finished and i was disappointed at myself for missing possibly the most important game in baseball history.

WitheringMyIntuition
08-11-2004, 10:27 AM
lol. My Tool dreams are usually just about weird stuff. Once I was lilstening to Ænima when I fell asleep. All I remember is me at a TOOL show, and when they came onstage Maynard said something about LA and I was like "we're in Baltimore, not LA". Then I woke up. When I turned on the TV , there had been a shootout in LA... and lots of police died. Wierd...