PDA

View Full Version : great song...

Revolver_04
11-24-2002, 02:06 PM
this is some of the most beautiful music i have ever heard, anyone agree with me? the piano in it is amazing. everytime i listen to it i want to fall asleep. and the angry guy talking doesn't really bother me. Tool must have put him there for a reason...

C

megadan
11-25-2002, 07:55 AM
The piano is deffintly very nice, very simple and relaxing. Maybe to balance the anger of the speaker, leaving the whole thing sort of neutral.

walking_iris
12-04-2002, 04:10 AM
there is definitely the soft piano/angry words juxtaposition, but i think comparing MTHM with the OTHER song in a foreign language on the album - die eier von satan - is more interesting. when hearing the harsh german and industrial-sounding beat of the latter for the first time, many people have instant thoughts of hitler's speeches, nazis, etc. oh don't they feel silly when they translate it and figure out it's a cake recipie. i think MTHM is on the album for much the same reason--it's funny, but it's also about challenging people's assumptions. the soft italian voice, the sweet piano...and the insulting, angry words. no wonder tool wanted to make it sounds more "like a love poem." it's more of a mindfuck that way.