PDA

View Full Version : New Tool video

MJK
05-03-2006, 01:20 AM
i heard somewhere there will be a the pot video can someone please tell me if this is true

Steventh
05-03-2006, 09:03 AM
I think the Vicarious video will come first, than a video for the second single (The Pot) will come out. Probably not for a while, though.

ween69
05-03-2006, 09:32 AM
i just hope it's as good as the schism video

a perfect spiral
05-11-2006, 12:55 PM
id rather see a video for viginti tres.

The Useful Idiot
05-11-2006, 05:04 PM
An extended video for Lost Keys+Rosetta Stoned would be sweet

phishman1
05-12-2006, 08:46 AM
Hell, I'd be happy just to see the video for 'Vicarious'. The single has been out for over 3 weeks...

Drunken
05-14-2006, 10:57 AM
This has got to have already been a topic, but I searched and didn't find anything, so if it is, just flame and move on.

But what are some of the tracks off 10,000 days that you would like to see a video for. Personally, I would like to see a video for the Wings songs (sort of like the parabol/parabola video). I also think that Rosetta Stoned would make an interesting video.

Black Rabbit
05-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This has got to have already been a topic, but I searched and didn't find anything, so if it is, just flame and move on.

But what are some of the tracks off 10,000 days that you would like to see a video for. Personally, I would like to see a video for the Wings songs (sort of like the parabol/parabola video). I also think that Rosetta Stoned would make an interesting video. I would like to see a video for Right in Two, with a bunch of Orangutangs kicking the shit out of eachother. If you went to any of the recent NIN shows, they played a movie during Eraser and Right Where it Belongs that would have been perfect. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

TOOLEK
05-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Would love to see "Wings/10k days" video, but I think the topic of the song makes it rather unlikely. However "Rosetta" why not? It would be great to see such a long video. Still, personally I think they will choose sth shorter like "Jambi". Time will show. Now let they finally give us "Vicarious" video!

Windir
05-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Lipan Conjuring.

Foamy
05-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Lipan Conjuring.
lol yes. agleed.

praefector
05-14-2006, 11:51 AM
id watch a video of the whole thing

start to finish

hbynoe
05-14-2006, 11:57 AM
i would love to see what they would do to the
epic lost keys and rosetta stoned.
oh oh dear me

centaur
05-14-2006, 11:59 AM
"id watch a video of the whole thing

start to finish"

ohh yes.... especially that the whole album is like a movie, almost like a concept album.

praefector
05-14-2006, 12:06 PM
"id watch a video of the whole thing

start to finish"

ohh yes.... especially that the whole album is like a movie, almost like a concept album.

exactly

this would make a good yarn thread... i might even make a little film myself. im seeing it now

guy comes home from work. normal day. turns on the TV and there's a brief shock news story about a wife who was eviscerated by her angry husband who was then killed by his son who was inexplicably carrying a handgun he found tossed behind some bushes.

cue vicarious

hushypushy
05-14-2006, 01:12 PM
i think a very literal interpretation of rosetta stoned would be great....just get spike jonze to direct it, and bam we have a winner.

(no sarcasm at all in this post)

steve99_9
05-14-2006, 02:06 PM
I would like to see a video for Right in Two, with a bunch of Orangutangs kicking the shit out of eachother. If you went to any of the recent NIN shows, they played a movie during Eraser and Right Where it Belongs that would have been perfect. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
thats what came to mind originally for me too, those dam dirty apes

Black Rabbit
05-14-2006, 03:13 PM
thats what came to mind originally for me too, those dam dirty apes Down with the Bear agenda!

The Useful Idiot
05-14-2006, 05:13 PM
They should make a short X-Files episode to go with Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned

RÆLITY
05-18-2006, 09:44 AM
During the may 17th show, the big screens they had behind them that were showing edited versions of the videos then other graphics during songs without a video had what looked like a long haired girl and a younger girl walking behind her pulling her hair. As this sank in my mind after a few seconds, i realized those must be the apes. And then the vicarious graphics were just that alex gray three face picture, but i thought it would be amazing if they premiered the videos at on of the shows. I think it would be really cool if when the videos actually come out we realize that we already saw brief parts of them at the shows and just overlooked it.

RÆLITY
05-18-2006, 09:47 AM
does anyone know when the videos for the other stuff came out in relation to when the songs were released. I know schism and parabola were just released on dvd a few months ago, but i don't know when the videos were first shown.

Scarlett
05-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Wait for Vicarious then think about the next video and nobody said that the next single would be the pot

jagshemesh
05-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Here is the 'fake' The Pot video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OC9hHDV59c

Its actually really well done, the editing is definitely in the vein of a live show or one of their videos, just not as dark.

MisterMudd
05-22-2006, 09:24 PM
I called CoSM to check on an order, and I had the opportunity to speak with Alex Grey. In the conversation he mentioned that he has been busy "working on the video with Adam".

I assume that he was speaking of a music video, and he is helping to direct it, has anyone else heard anything on this?

P.S. This was sometime after he put the short commercial clips up on his website, so I am pretty sure he was not talking about those.

maggie72
06-01-2006, 03:38 PM
An extended video for Lost Keys+Rosetta Stoned would be sweet
I agree, get David Duchovny from Xfiles to star in it!!!

DON IOTAE
06-01-2006, 07:42 PM
No, but there is a pot song

SCH/ISM
06-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Fuck i cannot wait for a vicarious video, seeing Tool on MTV/Muchmusic is really satisfying somehow, knowing that so many people will be experiencing tool for the first time like myself with schism. Can't wait.

Primal_regrets
06-02-2006, 08:45 AM
I was going to see them at the humming bird center but the tickets sold out to quickly.

win
06-02-2006, 10:29 AM
i heard somewhere there will be a the pot video can someone please tell me if this is true

i dont think so it is supposed to be vicarious and Wings/10000

Symbia
06-03-2006, 04:32 PM
are you kidding a video for wings/10,000 would be shown on tv like...once...together they would be way to long...even longer than parabola...sure it would be nice but good luck catching that as a video without going on the internet...the pot would be more viable length wise

chekako
06-04-2006, 11:55 PM
not sure if its a legitimate one but, try

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OC9hHDV59c&search=tool

Nate-Dogg85
06-05-2006, 10:15 AM
no way thats legit, but its funny.

rembrandt_q_einstein
06-06-2006, 11:12 PM
id like to a see video for the pot

edit: i think i was smoking pot when i typed this

Foamy
06-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Maybe it was the pot? Thats confusing though, as Adam is touring at the moment.

prime weed
06-18-2006, 04:30 PM
they need to release somethin wih this Vicarious DVD. i never seen a band wait so long for there first single video!? i dont know if its good or bad, but i know cant wait to see that bitch.

Toolfan24
06-19-2006, 10:26 AM
I know what you're talking about Black Rabbit, saw NIN in Green Bay, WI and they did the same thing what with the vidoe of attacking lions, war footage and President Bush ballroom dancing. Always good for a shiver especially with a great song like 'Right Where It Belongs'. A little too overplayed for Tool I think though. 10000 Days and With Teeth are proof that great music is still made by bands other than Radiohead.

progressivo
06-21-2006, 08:08 AM
Hi , does anyone know or have an ideia when the new video single from 10k will come out? And wich song will it be? Vicarious?

koobcam
06-21-2006, 08:18 AM
It's Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned. Released on July the 1st.

I am joking. It's Vicarious. No date so far.

DON IOTAE
06-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Nah, dude. It's Lipan Conjuring. The video shows MJK performing an exorcism. Awesome.

koobcam
06-21-2006, 08:23 AM
shit, sorry.

mr. nikki jensen
06-21-2006, 08:32 AM
it might be Vicarious. but no date yet. hope for intension/right in two as a possible 2th single but i guess it will be the pot

etaipo
06-21-2006, 09:08 AM
If they choose the pot I am gonna kick myself.

DON IOTAE
06-21-2006, 09:12 AM
Ouch.

mr. nikki jensen
06-21-2006, 09:12 AM

hmm, it's defently gonna give you pain in 'bout a ½ year from now. the pot's pretty sure i think

Terry21
06-21-2006, 09:34 AM
How is it think sure at all? They said the single is Vicarious or The Pot.

mr. nikki jensen
06-21-2006, 09:37 AM
How is it think sure at all? They said the single is Vicarious or The Pot.

count on vicarious as their first single and the Pot as their second.

etaipo
06-21-2006, 09:43 AM
hmm, it's defently gonna give you pain in 'bout a ½ year from now. the pot's pretty sure i think

Its not that I dont like it. I just would like to see them pick a different song. Who knows..

mr. nikki jensen
06-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Its not that I dont like it. I just would like to see them pick a different song. Who knows..

yea, me to. i would love to se Right in two as 2nd single and Jambi as 3rd

eonphi
06-21-2006, 11:42 AM
i'm surprised no one has said this yet...so i will...use the SEARCH BUTTON!!!

plexus
06-21-2006, 01:58 PM
not to mention, theres a fucking music video section... why not try there?

TurdEye13
06-21-2006, 02:06 PM

get your foot ready then

Haidar
06-21-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm going with Jambi.

silencer51
06-21-2006, 02:38 PM
The title "New Tool video" is kinda misleading... don't you think?

"At last" I thought to myself as the page loaded... :(

eslupminoyler
06-21-2006, 03:20 PM
I want to see Jambi, with some spiritual and religous metaphors.
Like "shutting up the devil with my song"

or maybe like the son of God floating on a cloud with Bright penetrating eyes, like Alex Grey's Jesus interpretation

Nate-Dogg85
06-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Id like to see 10,000 days. When i hear the damn thing i have my own interpretation for a music video playing in my head, probably thanks to the thunderstorm. Although, the way they do their videos, the only one id care to see would be The Pot. Their style of videos doesnt fit my ideas for a number of the tracks on the cd, and i see them continuing with what theyve done in the past, trying to make it better.

Nate-Dogg85
06-21-2006, 03:42 PM
I want to see Jambi, with some spiritual and religous metaphors.
Like "shutting up the devil with my song"

or maybe like the son of God floating on a cloud with Bright penetrating eyes, like Alex Grey's Jesus interpretation

heh, i dont think theyd ever do that. Maynard hates the term god, and how everyone pictures the man in the clouds. Maybe if he were doing the pot, he could use it as some sort of hpyocritical metaphor though, how about that idea?

new dimension_disposition
06-21-2006, 03:52 PM
Is there any other band that puts out a video of a single almost two months after their CD gets released? Anyone think Adam fucked up with the clay and got delayed?

etaipo
06-21-2006, 04:55 PM
get your foot ready then

foot is ready.

A Tad Bit Catatonic
06-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Is there any other band that puts out a video of a single almost two months after their CD gets released? Anyone think Adam fucked up with the clay and got delayed?

Haha, ah come on we all know how they work by now. Well it is alot of Alex Grey art work after all from what I understand, so give that time. Should be well worth it. Plus at least we have a fucking album and tour - the video's are just icing on the cake, and something to look forward to. There are two snippets on Alex Grey's website, by the way, that are supposed to give you a taste of the video going by one of Blair's posts a few weeks back.

And while The Pot will MOST DEFINITELY be the second single, and it's a poppy song, it will be damn good for Tool's audience. And hell it's not like it's a bad song, just something different. And yeah people just don't adjust well to difference. A bunch of stubborn bastards we are, indeed =).

Stiff13y3
06-21-2006, 10:21 PM

they got the clay from maynards backyard, got halfway through making the vid andf found that most of the clay was cat shit, now they have to start over. true story. ;)

Omar Rodriguez-Mopez
06-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Seeing as how I here Jambi on the radio more then The Pot, I think it's Jambi.

prime weed
06-22-2006, 05:04 PM
what would be really cool is, a tool Video with the members actually in it!!
just dont have them standing there foaming of the mouth naked.
a visually stunning tool video with sick infared or some crazy art metaphors, with all them in it playin a significant role in the actual video. that would be wicked tight chill tight shit man, for real.

implandnoises
06-22-2006, 05:36 PM
what would be really cool is, a tool Video with the members actually in it!!
just dont have them standing there foaming of the mouth naked.
a visually stunning tool video with sick infared or some crazy art metaphors, with all them in it playin a significant role in the actual video. that would be wicked tight chill tight shit man, for real.
You know, Maynard was one of the guys in the crazy vomiting businessman suits in the Parabol section of the Parabola video. He is also one of the guys with the fucked up heads in the Stinkfist video. Another one with a fucked up head is played by Alana (the naked female contortionist from the CD art).

jack's ennui
06-28-2006, 01:58 PM
i want to see a video for jambi. or rosetta stoned. but mainly jambi... and then rosetta stoned

Janos
07-07-2006, 06:43 AM
I thought that there would be a "Wings" video with both tracks merged Parabola way. I'm pretty sure some guy has posted it some time ago, and it was official.

DON IOTAE
07-07-2006, 06:48 AM
How about Jambi, then rosetta stoned? lol

DON IOTAE
07-07-2006, 06:50 AM
You know, Maynard was one of the guys in the crazy vomiting businessman suits in the Parabol section of the Parabola video. He is also one of the guys with the fucked up heads in the Stinkfist video. Another one with a fucked up head is played by Alana (the naked female contortionist from the CD art).
No shit? I didn't know that! How do you know that?

implandnoises
07-07-2006, 04:54 PM
No shit? I didn't know that! How do you know that?
To make a long story short, I know this via Alana. She is also in a lot of the videos that were used in the live shows (Lateralus tours at least - I don't know if they are as old as as the Aenima tour or if they are still in use now).

DON IOTAE
07-08-2006, 09:56 AM
wow

HanInCarbonite
07-10-2006, 06:30 PM
TOOL should really just do a movie like "The Wall" how's that for some eye candy.........2 hrs. worth.

DON IOTAE
07-10-2006, 07:03 PM
^ that would be lame.

count niggula
07-10-2006, 08:59 PM
theres also a "video" for "right in two"
pretty "funny."
......"enjoy"
if you have a fast "connection"
im "done"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yry9rKNYJU&mode=related&search=