PDA

View Full Version : Danny drops his sticks

stalkingbutler
04-20-2003, 10:06 AM
About 2:50 into this song i think i can hear Danny drop his drum sticks, now thats just sloppy!

Spiralin
05-08-2003, 11:52 PM
Well,this is not the first time.
You can hear him drop the sticks on "No Quarter" from Salival also.

Raev'n
05-27-2004, 02:16 PM
What are you complaining about?!?!? So what? It's not like evertones perfect guys! And it may not be him dropping his sticks but some crazy effect that he puts on his electronic pieces for a second or so....

Cyanide ChrYst
07-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Yeah. You can also hear Maynard cough at 6:32 into Reflection. Because after all the editing the album went through, NOBODY IN THE ENTIRE STUDIO CAUGHT THAT SOUND, but the casual listener (IE you) did.

Somebody pass me what all of you are smoking?

That is an EFFECT, we used that on our album "The Airport" in my band AmanitA, which is actually oddly named the Butterfly Effect. They also use it in the intro of Patient. It sounds like what a butterfly flittering around would sound like if you were on mad salvia and could actually hear it.

nickknocker
07-23-2004, 06:16 PM
First of all i dont even hear it, secondly the stuff he is playing at that point.....i dont think it's possible that he dropped his sticks

Third....i think stalkingbutler was joking? no?

forth eye
08-06-2004, 02:01 PM
the thing bout maynards coughing and danney possibly dropping his sticks, well, maybe they didnt want to edit it out because it was how they played it in the take or sumthin. also i heard that in one song u can hear a stool slide across the floor so they could not care about these 'mistakes' and leave them in......

Pharmaecopia_stinkfist
08-06-2004, 07:48 PM
who the fuck cares

Cyanide ChrYst
08-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Ditto.

I dont sit there and think the album is completely ruined by some stupid unexplainable noises I DONT EVEN HEAR unless some asshole points them out.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-06-2004, 11:10 PM
I LIKED thinking that black guy actually got curbed in American History X. But noooooooo. Some fucking jackass had to remind me that it was just a movie and that the man was a doll.

I hate kids.

Pharmaecopia_stinkfist
08-07-2004, 11:10 AM
cyanide what band is that in your pic

dead male hooker
08-07-2004, 01:31 PM
I'm assuming that's probably his dumb ass in the picture.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-07-2004, 10:22 PM
That would be my dumb ass in that picture. The band's name is Amanita. We rock. :thumbs up:

zacharyv
08-17-2004, 07:21 PM
On an entirely separate note, where can I hear your band Cyanide?
-zach-

dead male hooker
08-18-2004, 02:13 AM
www.reallyshittymusicwithassholemembers.com

Andvari
08-19-2004, 04:34 PM
www.reallyshittymusicwithassholemembers.com

Yeah, good one, how long did it takes you to come up with that?

2...3...days? thats alot of time blankly staring at a red and black screen.

well all your hard work paid off! you've accomplished.....absolutely nothing!

checks in the mail

zacharyv
08-19-2004, 11:00 PM
well damn. No answers here. I will wait.............................................. ..................
.................................................. .................................................. .............

Alright, I'm outta here.

Cyanide ChrYst
08-23-2004, 12:48 AM
My band can be heard via request. I actually have a new EP that will be done being produced in like two weeks. MyCyanideChrYst = AIM. We also have an entire cd of our live performances; including a few tool covers such as Prison Sex, Lateralus (believe it) and Schism.

And dead male hooker hates me because I'm by far the best looking person on this board, and he cant have me.

the_holy_filament
08-23-2004, 12:52 AM
Why dont you upload it to the TDN Records section? l0ser...

Cyanide ChrYst
08-23-2004, 12:54 AM
Why dont you upload it to the TDN Records section? l0ser...

Never heard of it. And the cd isnt in my hands yet...gonna take a bit longer.

The live stuff is all on DVD, but I can turn that into a batch of steamy .mp3's quicker than Dead Male Hooker can snatch a child from a park.

the_holy_filament
08-23-2004, 01:05 AM
d00d, there's different sub sections to this site, a general dicussion section, TDN Records, Arts, and many more. Check them out sometime . . .

Sahaya the Dude
08-28-2004, 06:43 PM
Yeah. You can also hear Maynard cough at 6:32 into Reflection. Because after all the editing the album went through, NOBODY IN THE ENTIRE STUDIO CAUGHT THAT SOUND, but the casual listener (IE you) did.

Somebody pass me what all of you are smoking?

That is an EFFECT, we used that on our album "The Airport" in my band AmanitA, which is actually oddly named the Butterfly Effect. They also use it in the intro of Patient. It sounds like what a butterfly flittering around would sound like if you were on mad salvia and could actually hear it.

I definately agree. Anything that is in any of the songs is obviously fucking meant to be there. They don't record their music with a microphone on a computer twice, then pick the best version. They do it in a studio and all sound is controlled. Any of those sounds you are hearing are ADDED IN by the music graphics dudes. I don't know what the hell any of you are on, but if you think they accidently made those noises during the songs then you need to get off it.

Raev'n
09-12-2004, 01:34 AM
who cares?!?!?!?!

Cyanide ChrYst
09-12-2004, 08:30 AM
Werd to that, sahaya.

waffel
01-26-2006, 02:23 PM
About 2:50 into this song i think i can hear Danny drop his drum sticks, now thats just sloppy!

btw, he doesnt drop his drumsticks. its part of the computeristic flying bug sound.

moneyisevil
01-26-2006, 03:27 PM
danny drops his sticks on two different occasions on two different bootlegs i have, once during "eulogy" and once during "triad"

Foamy
01-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Ditto.

I dont sit there and think the album is completely ruined by some stupid unexplainable noises I DONT EVEN HEAR unless some asshole points them out.
That scene disturbed me. I hate thinking about that :S. I wish I never saw that movie.

krumz
02-10-2006, 11:58 AM
i have a video where he drops his stick during a concert..playing Triad tho'

moneyisevil
02-10-2006, 03:00 PM
^ i have that one

InterBeing462
02-11-2006, 06:04 AM
But think about some of these things that he is playing. Any drummer is bound to drop a stick every so often playing that type of stuff.

And where did you get a hold of a Triad video?

cantkeepmeaway
02-11-2006, 09:27 AM
i want a video of triad so bad....hook me up...

krumz
02-11-2006, 02:54 PM
i want a video of triad so bad....hook me up...
pm me up....i can get it to u....

Dedicated_TOOLfan
02-17-2006, 08:20 PM
I don't see why it would matter if Danny did drop his sticks I mean the song is still fucking awesome so we should just let it go.....come on.....

The Official Fiction
03-15-2006, 04:14 AM
WTF?

Danny dropping sticks and Maynard coughing?

So what?!?!?1

What's the matter with you people?

blackandwhite
05-16-2006, 11:11 AM
Are there even drums in this song?

Bassmingo
05-17-2006, 05:30 PM
What you are probably hearing is danny dropping his mallets (what hes using to do the cymbal swells) to pick up sticks to perfrom perabola, which shows that he probably did the drums in one take, and it was left in for "vibe" I like hearing stuff like that. It shows it wasnt performed by machines.

inSin
05-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Danny is human too ..even though he doesnt play like one.

Doubt
06-05-2006, 12:04 AM
who the fuck cares !

eulogy09
06-09-2006, 10:56 PM
stalkingbutler, more people would respect you if you didn't have a terrorist in your avatar! I can not hear what you're talking about and like other people, i don't care.

Aunt Acid
06-18-2006, 10:50 AM

If you guys seriously think Danny could have dropped his sticks and then continued recording and actually KEPT that drum track then you've obviously never been in a recording band.

UFOtofu
06-24-2006, 10:57 AM
If that's what it is, then YES, that would be sloppy...BUT I don't hear it. Additionally, some musicians relish the live track and leave the "mistakes" in to show that it is live. Raw. (Eric Clapton's 'from the cradle' album is a perfect example. It's even mentioned int the credits that individual errors were left in to preserve the record of the event of people playing music in a room at the same time.) But I don't think Tool falls into that category. IMO they are the closest thing to a perfect group in their genre, in this era.

psykostx
07-19-2006, 07:31 AM
Ok first of all if danny carrey poked himself in the eye with a stick that STILL doesn't make him sloppy, that just means he was real f***ed up on hallucinogenic drugs. You really can't call danny carrey sloppy in any way...I'm sorry. You may not like his style... and if thats the case then you probably like pop music.

mosquitokillah
07-23-2006, 03:21 AM
Well, I don't mind.

kites in knots
07-25-2006, 11:00 AM
I don't even hear it, first of all.

And if you think that they would use that take if he did, then you're crazy and obviously haven't been in a recording group at all. The only way they would leave that in is, as UFOtofu said, they were going for a "live" or "raw" sound. And Lateralus is pretty damn far from that.

Opiate_Of_The_Mind
08-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Oh, he didn't drop any sticks. He threw them because he was angry. Some guy at the recording studio stole his tea and he threw it at his head.

The Tower That Ate People
08-26-2006, 10:56 AM
So much negativity in here...

I haven't heard any of those "sounds" mentioned, but I have heard other great "sounds". I am not trying to be sarcastic or show some bad humour here, I am dead serious.

Have you noticed that little white noise in the beginning of The Patient? Don't know if it's all of the amps, the tape machines or whatever, but it makes the sound real, breathing and alive.

Parabol have fretnoises from Justins fingers moving around. It all adds to the textures. So when I hear something extra most band probably would have edited away I get thrilled.

There is even more, but I can't remember the exact tracks and time. I actually find it a pity that they have eliminated all excess noise on 10000 Days album, (all those Dolby machines they wrote about once on their newsletters) but not much.