View Full Version : 2006/08/29 - Salt Lake City, UT - E-Center

swaps
06-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Tool
E-Center, Salt Lake City, UT
Tuesday, August 29, 2006

chiller
06-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Salt Lake fucking City! i am so stoked. i never thought they would come so quickly like jesus H fucking christ!!! sorry i am just really excited because i was planning another cali trip to see them at san diego and now i dont have to. i went all the way to coachella just to see them. hell yes

lateral_circle
06-20-2006, 09:11 PM
I'll be makin my way down from Boise. ;)

tygut1
06-21-2006, 06:08 AM
I will be there if I get tickets, wish me luck on Saturday.

Sprry75
06-21-2006, 07:18 AM
Smith's Tix, right?

tygut1
06-21-2006, 07:53 AM
They said Smith's Tix on the radio today (X96), but there is nothing listed on the site yet. I assume it's Smith's Tix because it's at the E Center and they always use them.

Edit: It's up on Smiths Tix site now.

ZetaOperative
06-22-2006, 08:40 AM
Out of eight announced shows who the hell would have thought Utah would be on there. wow this totally kicks ass.

Sprry75
06-22-2006, 10:34 AM
They generally sell out here, don't they? I went to both of the Lateralus shows (July @ E Center and October @ McKay Center), and I heard that both of those were sold out shows.

It doesn't surprise me that they swoop in and cash out. Plus they probably love sticking around for the unbeatable SLC night life.

tygut1
06-22-2006, 12:52 PM
I was surprised to see Salt Lake City and really nothing else. I am sure there will be more tour dates announced, but it was weird that SLC got announced before everything else. I have noticed that SLC does tend to get a lot of big shows though, so it's no surprise to see them stop here, just that nothing else was announced.
I attended both shows of the Lateralus tour as well, I do believe they both sold out, and quick. That is why I am crossing my fingers that I get tickets on Saturday.

sumsh
06-23-2006, 07:20 AM
I heard Maynard say in a concert once that he likes coming to SLC. Something about how he likes to influence the kids in an overly religious community. Anyway, I'll be there. This will be my 5th time seeing Tool. Yay.

ZetaOperative
06-23-2006, 03:36 PM
I heard Maynard say in a concert once that he likes coming to SLC. Something about how he likes to influence the kids in an overly religious community. Anyway, I'll be there. This will be my 5th time seeing Tool. Yay.

ya. i heard basically the same thing. and i also hear he enjoys teasing the community.

Sprry75
06-24-2006, 05:41 AM
"I'd like to apologize to those of you that are Mormon; I understand mind control's a real bitch."

chiller
06-24-2006, 08:12 AM
i just went to the smiths in provo and there are about 50 people waiting in line. that is crazy. lucky my friends should up there about 8:30 and they are buying me a ticket becuase i am at work. this show is going to sell out fast. i am stoked to see them again

Sprry75
06-24-2006, 08:19 AM
FUCK FUCKING TICKETS.COM. That's the fucking shittiest interface in the world. It fucked me for the Orem show (after no luck trying to log in for a half hour, I drove to the venue and bought tix, but by then GA was sold out), and has fucked me today. Thank God for my lovely wife, who scrambled to Smiths and got tickets on the floor. No GA though? WTF?

My tickets are section FCC, row 22, seats 2 & 3.

The E Center map on fucked up shitty shit Tickets.com doesn't show a section FCC. Anybody know where I'll be?

tygut1
06-24-2006, 08:31 AM
I got in through Tickets.com and got seats. I had to refresh my browser for about 20 minutes to get through though. I got four tickets, 19 rows up one section back on the side. I hope they are good tickets. I had great seats for both shows on the last tour and these are close to where I was at for the E-Center show last year.

FCC is on the floor and you are 22 rows back, should be awesome seats. They had GA last tour, so I assumed that the floor sections this tour would be GA as well, but I guess not.

Go to the E Center's web site, they show all of the sections, so you should know exactly where you will be.

chiller
06-24-2006, 08:31 AM
yeah no GA. that is weird. i got either FCC or section 101. i dont know which one to choose

tygut1
06-24-2006, 08:33 AM
I got 101, I hate being on the floor because I am short.

tygut1
06-24-2006, 08:33 AM
Good luck everyone, I will see you all there.

Towely
06-24-2006, 08:50 AM
yeah no GA. that is weird. i got either FCC or section 101. i dont know which one to choose

I bet they are GA. Not all venues print out tickets that say General Admission on them.

chiller
06-24-2006, 09:23 AM
there are seats in the GA. my tickets have a seat and row number. that is just really different for the e-center to have that

Sprry75
06-24-2006, 12:24 PM
Anyone know where I can get an accurate map of how the venue will be?

Towely
06-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Lets get some people together and take a party bus to and fro the concert... you dig?

tygut1
06-26-2006, 05:59 AM
Anyone know where I can get an accurate map of how the venue will be?

Go to www.theecenter.com and they have a very good map of how the venue will be layed out.

Sprry75
06-26-2006, 07:53 AM
Ah, excellent. Thanks for the tip.

third_eye77
06-26-2006, 10:51 AM
My wife and I went to the Smith's in West Jordan at 8am and were 4th in line. We're in FAA Row 14!! I'm pretty stoked! This will be my 5th Tool experience! I hope they still open with LK/RS...that would be so awesome!

I thought it was weird too that they're coming to SLC as one of the first US cities.

BTW, does anyone know who the opening act(s) are?

tygut1
06-26-2006, 11:22 AM
I haven't heard anything about an opening act. There is nothing online and they haven't said anything on the radio. Actually I would rather them not have an opening act at all. Just Tool.

Sprry75
06-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Apparently they've done the Euro leg without an opening act, and the shows are only going about an hour and a half. If it goes anything like that here, we'll be fleeing the E Center parking lot at about 10:00 p.m.

tygut1
06-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Apparently they've done the Euro leg without an opening act, and the shows are only going about an hour and a half. If it goes anything like that here, we'll be fleeing the E Center parking lot at about 10:00 p.m.

That's fine with me, I don't need an opening act when I see Tool. I don't need a band to "warm up the crowd". Plus it's a Tuesday and I work early the next day, so I don't need it to go late either. I could handle 2 hours although an hour and a half would be a good show. Most other bands I have seen don't play much more than an hour.

Sprry75
06-26-2006, 03:45 PM
I have no problem with no opener (nothing beats Meshuggah, and by that, I literally mean that nothing is actually preferable to sitting through Meshuggah). I'd like a little longer set from Tool, though.

dmoney
06-26-2006, 07:57 PM
Just got my Tickets this weekend, totally stoked I wish I didn't have to wait so long (2 fucking months) I got some good seats though. I hope to god they play Wings for marie and 10000 days (wings pt. 2). They have not played it live yet but someone at the Italy concert posted that they heard them practicing it before the concert they are going to rock it when they come to SLC. YEEEEEEAAAAAA!!!!!!

third_eye77
06-27-2006, 06:37 AM
I agree about the opener. Tool should open for Tool! They should come out and play for an hour, take a 1/2 hour break, then come back out and play 2 more hours! That would be so sweet.

xxx_jpk_xxx
06-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Ok, well, I spent about 40 minutes trying to get in through the phone lines to SmithsTixx while also trying to get into the SmithsTixx on the internet, but I got them! I started trying to get them at like... say about 9:55 a.m. because I'm crazy like that, but I'm hella excited. I'm going to go and see my favorite band with my girlfriend who is also in love with TOOL, so it will be amazing. My tickets kinda suck, though (Section 124, row 6, seats 5-8). I just hope they play the Dispositon, Reflection, and Triad trio. It would be orgasmic.

tygut1
06-28-2006, 06:35 AM
I agree about the opener. Tool should open for Tool! They should come out and play for an hour, take a 1/2 hour break, then come back out and play 2 more hours! That would be so sweet.

I couldn't agree more.

third_eye77
06-28-2006, 10:38 AM
Ok, well, I spent about 40 minutes trying to get in through the phone lines to SmithsTixx while also trying to get into the SmithsTixx on the internet, but I got them! I started trying to get them at like... say about 9:55 a.m. because I'm crazy like that, but I'm hella excited. I'm going to go and see my favorite band with my girlfriend who is also in love with TOOL, so it will be amazing. My tickets kinda suck, though (Section 124, row 6, seats 5-8). I just hope they play the Dispositon, Reflection, and Triad trio. It would be orgasmic.

That's actually not too bad. We sat in that area last time Tool was at the e-center. And that's why I prefer the old fashion way. Go stand in line! :)

xxx_jpk_xxx
06-28-2006, 12:19 PM
That's actually not too bad. We sat in that area last time Tool was at the e-center. And that's why I prefer the old fashion way. Go stand in line! :)

Haha, yeah, I would... but I'm too lazy. ;) How well were you able to see the band? Fairly well? Cus all I care about is being able to see Danny go wild on his drum set.

third_eye77
06-30-2006, 06:38 AM
Haha, yeah, I would... but I'm too lazy. ;) How well were you able to see the band? Fairly well? Cus all I care about is being able to see Danny go wild on his drum set.

I could see them pretty good. We were only about 5 or 6 rows from the floor so it was kinda nice being above GA. Danny had his kit at the front of the stage on the side we were on before, but I don't know how they've been setting up the stage for this tour.

:.Divinity.For.Me.:
07-05-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm so happy you got them. And the tickets do not suck! Stop complaining. Okay, I know, I'm slow on these posts, but I just BARELY got a new membership... >.>

greenie67
07-11-2006, 10:39 AM

Consider yourself lucky for getting the tickets and you will be lucky to get DRT, because they closed the show with that and Lateralus, if I remember correctly, the last time they played the E-Center.

xxx_jpk_xxx
07-14-2006, 05:33 PM
Ok, so I havent been on here for a while, but I am even more excited for this concert. ISIS is now set to open up for TOOL, which will make this even more amazing. ISIS is just freaking incredible, yet nothing compared to TOOL. I love both bands, so this will be a very good concert.

Point Grinder
07-14-2006, 08:52 PM
Fear and Loathing in Salt Lake City.
I will have my golf shoes on...for sure!

chiller
07-18-2006, 12:20 PM
please for the love of god TOOL, please play wings 1 and 2. i will be so happy to hear that live. also H or undertow would be amazing

rogerdoger
07-21-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm so fucking excited for this concert! It's my first time seeing Tool, I new them during the Lateralus tour, but I was only like 11 or 12 so it was before I started going to shows. It's gonna kick ass though. Unfortunatly I was in London when the tickets went on sale (I got into London 2 days after Tool had been there) so I wasn't able to get floor tickets, but I have pretty good lower bowl tickets.

rogerdoger
07-21-2006, 08:13 PM
I hope Maynard makes some good coments on Moronism.

Hoffman27
07-22-2006, 03:26 PM
does anyone have any floor tickets for sale, possibly two?

ShadowSide
07-22-2006, 08:13 PM
YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY

Yee Haw Mother Fuckers. I am in my Count down mode. A friend of mine gave me a set list that I PRAY will change. Cuz I adore every song on it..BUT..it's SOOOO SHORT. And they aren't all the 10 minute songs either.

I was lucky I have such a Sweet friend that spent the night out at the ecenter for tickets and let me meet up with him that morning. AND still we did not get the most FANTASTIC seats that i was hoping for. BUT..who's bitching?? I am Going to TOOL!!!!!!! I am going to be standing there like a dumbass in awe of their brilliance. ha ha..

We are in sec 102 like row 10 or something. I think it's a PERFECT view of the stage.
THANK YOU NATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EDIT:
I don't want to be a downer..but, after row 20 on the floor..if you are even sorta short..it just SUCKS to try and see the stage. I would look for lower bowl seats at this point. BUT..on the other hand..Maybe the seats will get overthrown and it will just be one big cluster-fuck mess. Then it just don't mattah. ah ha ha.

cliff
08-07-2006, 04:41 PM
please for the love of god TOOL, please play wings 1 and 2. i will be so happy to hear that live. also H or undertow would be amazing

They no doubt have to play wings 1 and 2. But we've heard H in SLC, how about a little pushit or third eye!

Sprry75
08-09-2006, 07:15 AM
They no doubt have to play wings 1 and 2. But we've heard H in SLC, how about a little pushit or third eye!

That raises a question I've had for awhile. The Salival CD says that some of the live tracks were recorded in Salt Lake City, and I've always wondered if the Salival version of Pushit was from a show at the E Center.

Anyone know for sure which Salival tracks were recorded in SLC? It's been awhile since I looked through the liners, so I don't know....

And to stay on topic, it's nice to know that it's August and the concert is this month. Woo-hoo!

rogerdoger
08-09-2006, 09:57 AM
And to stay on topic, it's nice to know that it's August and the concert is this month. Woo-hoo!Yea I know! Less than a month till TOOL!

dmoney
08-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Only a few more weeks People, I am so excited it should be a great show since they have a two day break before they hit the stage at the E. Please, Please, Please play Wings 1 and 2 they haven't yet live but I have a feeling after they come back to the states (I think Hawaii is there first show after Japan) they will start including that incredible song in their setlist. I hope everyone is ready because it is a completely sold out show which doesn't happen to often at the E Center, also this will be my 5th time seeing Tool since 92' and everytime they come to SLC, I don't know if they really like the town or what, but they ROCK THE DAMN HOUSE.

P.S.- Let's get some more posts on this thread and represent SLC

dmoney
08-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Is anyone going to be getting a hotel room? I looked online and Crystal Inn (right next to the E Center) has no more rooms available I don't know if it is because of the concert or some stupid convention. I'm trying to hook up a room around the E Center so I can throw a huge after concert party.

cliff
08-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Is anyone going to be getting a hotel room? I looked online and Crystal Inn (right next to the E Center) has no more rooms available I don't know if it is because of the concert or some stupid convention. I'm trying to hook up a room around the E Center so I can throw a huge after concert party.

You throw the party, I'll bring the jello and red punch. You think Maynard likes raisins and carrots in his jello?

chiller
08-13-2006, 04:23 PM
FUCKING TOOL. i really am so excited. and after reading what blair wrote on TOOL army, i am even more stoked. seriously anybody having a really after party after TOOL i am there with bells on and hopefully some live songs from the show.

dmoney
08-13-2006, 09:28 PM
FUCKING TOOL. i really am so excited. and after reading what blair wrote on TOOL army, i am even more stoked. seriously anybody having a really after party after TOOL i am there with bells on and hopefully some live songs from the show.

Yea I think I am going to get a couple rooms at the Baymont hote lsince the Crystal Inn has no more rooms available. I will post some info on where on the Thread so keep checking. I love having a after party to talk about how bad ass the concert was.

rogerdoger
08-14-2006, 05:11 PM
If only my parents would let me go to an afterparty.... too bad, at least I still get free food I guess.

rogerdoger
08-14-2006, 05:12 PM
What did he say? I'm not a member of ToolArmy....

chiller
08-15-2006, 11:44 AM
its now on toolband.com . SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES... AGAIN!!! that is why i am so fucking stoked

rogerdoger
08-16-2006, 01:16 AM
YEA! Wings..... This is gonna be so kickass, I say they just play everything they've got as well as some covers in a massive allnight show!

rogerdoger
08-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Less than two weeks.....

rogerdoger
08-17-2006, 11:57 AM
12 DAYS.

chiller
08-17-2006, 12:38 PM
holy christ on a crucie. i fucking cant wait. that new newsletter was pretty cool. they need to play H so i can pee all over the place! TOOL

dmoney
08-18-2006, 11:27 AM
its now on toolband.com . SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES... AGAIN!!! that is why i am so fucking stoked

That post made me extemely stoked also....that does mean they will play wings for marie and 10000 days I know it. Tonight is the night we will find out, they are playing Hawaii for the first show on their US tour, pretty sure they will be starting this new setlist and stage show there. What would be better is if they wait until SLC and play it for the first time live at the E center. I hope they still play some old stuff though. Sober, Opiate, Stinkfist (extended), of course Aenima, after they play the new stuff. Then after a short break they should play Pushit then a long Wings for marie pt 1 then part 2. I will be completely satisfied, even more so than a smoke would be after fucking Jessica Alba.

chiller
08-18-2006, 04:48 PM
hahahaha^ thats funny. i feel the same. 11 christin days!!!! i am really stoked to see the vicarious video. anybody going to be somking the muggles(weed) at the show? i will have the dankest shit ever if anybody see's me with a undertow shirt on please just come up to me and say smoke me out! because i am going to have the sticky chron. and if you dont like the herb then just say hi to me. i really like to meet other TOOL fans like myself. as you can tell since i post here i am a fuckin huge TOOL fan. BEST DAMN BAND EVER! end of story

rogerdoger
08-18-2006, 05:25 PM
11 DAYS
I almost don't want to see the Hawaii setlist so it'll be a surprise...
We should all meet somewhere in the Ecenter before the show starts but after the doors open...

rogerdoger
08-20-2006, 02:16 PM
9 days now.... just over a week.

ZetaOperative
08-20-2006, 02:48 PM
It Fucking Killing me! This will be my first tool show (events out of my control has had me missing them last time around) I am gonna Go get an APC tattoo the saturday before. It was supposed to have some tool stuff with it, but The price is a bit too high. (Lost Art is expensive, but its gonna be worth it) I cant wait for either. It is gonna be My first tattoo as well... (turned 18 thursday) I Don't know if I can take all this waiting!

Sprry75
08-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Boy, it must be getting close: I woke up this morning and my testicles had ascended.

A sure sign if there ever was one.

rogerdoger
08-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Haha
I keep hoping that they'll unveil Wings in SLC since it's such a religiously repressive city and what not.................... it could happen.........................

ZetaOperative
08-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Haha
I keep hoping that they'll unveil Wings in SLC since it's such a religiously repressive city and what not.................... it could happen.........................

Actually on a serious note that is extemely likely and perhaps part of why we are so early in the tour. He is well Known for teasing us and this could possibly be related.

rogerdoger
08-21-2006, 07:22 AM
YES

rogerdoger
08-21-2006, 11:57 AM
and....
8 DAYS

rogerdoger
08-22-2006, 06:56 AM
7 DAYS

One week!!

tygut1
08-23-2006, 07:35 AM
Less than a week now. It should be really good, I am excited. See you all there.

chiller
08-23-2006, 08:54 AM
hopefully new vicarious video. and god WINGS PT 1 and 2. Dreams my friends, dreams.

chiller
08-24-2006, 09:20 AM
5 mother fucking days bitches. whos stoked? huh? whos going to pee when TOOL gets on the stage?

tygut1
08-24-2006, 12:10 PM
I am excited, but I think I will be able to hold my pee when they hit the stage. Wings 1 and 2 would be awesome, but I wouldn't count on it.

chiller
08-24-2006, 12:30 PM
yeah. the pee thing is just an expression that me and my friends use. its weird but it makes us laugh. i think that there is a good chance that we might hear it, but if we dont i wont be to disapointed. i am stoked to hear extended stinkfist because i went to coachella and they just played the normal stinkfist. i have 4 different live version of stinkfist from different show, so i cant wait to hear it live again.

tygut1
08-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Ok, I guess the pee thing is an inside joke thing. It's cool. I think it would be great to hear the extended Stinkfist as well, how about the "slower" Pushit from the Salival DVD? That would be cool as well. The good thing is that no matter what they play, from any album, it will be an awesome show. From the past couple of shows it sounds like the setlist is pretty finalized. So there may be a few changes, but we pretty much know what to expect. I am way excited for Jambi.

cliff
08-24-2006, 07:25 PM
5 mother fucking days bitches. whos stoked? huh? whos going to pee when TOOL gets on the stage?

I figure in about 120 hours I will be seeing what I've waited to see for so long. The McKay Center in Orem seems like ages ago. Dont care what the setlist is, dont care where my seats are, just fucking stoked to be going and going with 4 tool concert virgins who are going to be blown away.

metpetnet
08-25-2006, 06:15 AM
Wow!! you guys are all getting me realy excited!I think I'm going to pee my pants!! Ha Ha ha... not realy. But yeah!! I'm a Tool virgin too and so I guess that I am in for a suprise? Is it going to be different than I expect? Oh and do they do special effects? Like will they have the thunder and shit? Will it be all loud and make me think that I'm gonna get struck by lightning inside the E-Center? ?? I hope so!!!

dmoney
08-25-2006, 09:07 AM
I am on the verge of not peeing but exploding in my pants (Whatever that means) I can't believe it is so close after waiting 4 years, last time I saw them was in July 02' when they were at the e center, that show was unbelievable and now they are so close to us. We have to be thankful that Tool (the greatest band of ALL TIME!!!) likes to actually come to our city some bands don't even glance our way. FUCK THEM, most bands suck live and I have been to a lot of concerts, Tool is definitely the best live band I have ever seen by far and I'm not just saying that because they are my all time favorite band, it is true and you rookies will find that out shortly. I have liked Tool since 93' and have seen them 5 times each show was an awsome experience, you Tool virgins are going to witness something that you will always remember, forever and be extatic everytime you think about it, just sit back and take it all in and at least once when they are playing, close your eyes and just listen to how great they are. A good song to do that on (well every song is) but the extended version of Stinkfist when he is supposed to sing "Ill keep digging...." at the end, instead they extend it with an awsome guitar and drum solo then Maynard goes nuts at the end. Sorry this was long I am just totally stoked and am happy that you newbies will get to see this because I promise you wouldn't want to trade it for anything in the world.

chiller
08-25-2006, 09:15 AM
4days. four days until TOOL comes to the holy land and crucies everything in its path

rogerdoger
08-25-2006, 09:05 PM
4 DAYS............. hope they play Wings here first.

metpetnet
08-26-2006, 05:56 AM
Too bad my honey won't be able to come with me. I was only able to get one ticket. So I will be on the floor by myself! I will actually be able to enjoy it more without him I think.

chiller
08-26-2006, 12:13 PM
3 days!!!!!!! i am so stoked. everyday i get butterflies just thinking about the show. just reading the reviews from the canada shows makes me so excited. Wings would be great but if they dont play it i dont care. i just want to see the new stage setup and hear rosetta stoned and right in two. i wasnt able to hear those songs at coachella. but i did hear the patient, and holy shit i am so stoked that they played that song. i might never hear the patient ever again, you know? anyways you guys are the sickest and i hope that TOOL changes things up for SLC just because of the religous stuff and just because we are crazy TOOL fans here! Hooray for Utah. uh i mean HOORAY FOR BEER!!!

rogerdoger
08-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Too bad my honey won't be able to come with me. I was only able to get one ticket. So I will be on the floor by myself! I will actually be able to enjoy it more without him I think.

Haha, that's sad...

3 DAYS........... This is going to be amazing, from this point untill the concert I'm going to listen to nothing but TOOL.

cliff
08-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Haha, that's sad...

3 DAYS........... This is going to be amazing, from this point untill the concert I'm going to listen to nothing but TOOL.

Man I guess I'm crazy. Been listening to nothing but Tool since May 2nd!

rogerdoger
08-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Man I guess I'm crazy. Been listening to nothing but Tool since May 2nd!

Same here for the most part, at least 90% of it since then has been TOOL.

ZetaOperative
08-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Man This wait is gonna kill me...... on second thought this is probably whats killing me.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/zetaspawn/abc.jpg

what ya think?

metpetnet
08-27-2006, 04:48 AM
SWEET tatoo!

2 more days muthafukahs!!!

chiller
08-27-2006, 12:46 PM
SWEET tatoo!

2 more days muthafukahs!!!

yes two more days. there are going to be so many people there. i have 15 of my friends going to this show. we are going to go crazy at this show.

ZetaOperative
08-27-2006, 06:50 PM
yes two more days. there are going to be so many people there. i have 15 of my friends going to this show. we are going to go crazy at this show.

me and my closest buddies are all going together. We are even all seated together this is gonna kick so much ass. I am so fucking excited!

rogerdoger
08-27-2006, 08:13 PM
I'm going with my best friend.... I'm still in highschool, and there is no fucking way I'm gonna be able to focus in class the next couple days.

metpetnet
08-28-2006, 09:35 AM
I read in another post that they have been practicing 10,000 days. Maybe we will be the first ones to hear it live!!! Ahhh I can't sleep. I'm gonna be hating life at work tonight.

chiller
08-28-2006, 10:30 AM
I read in another post that they have been practicing 10,000 days. Maybe we will be the first ones to hear it live!!! Ahhh I can't sleep. I'm gonna be hating life at work tonight.

yeah i read that to in the gorge review. i really do wish we see wings and the new vicarious video. but like i have said 15 times in this thread i will still love the show if they dont do wings. anyways tomorrow people. TOOL is in SLC tomorrow, sold out show, crazy utah fans foaming at the mouth to hear some fuckin live TOOL! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! god, i am way to excited. breathe breathe.

ZetaOperative
08-28-2006, 02:05 PM
I can't wait. Its driving me bonkers. Working is gonna be so hard tonight. Especially because I gotta stare at tool Merch all night (working at spencers) And tommorrow is gonna go by so slowly until they walk onto the stage.

chiller
08-28-2006, 02:05 PM
TTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLL!!!!!!!!

rogerdoger
08-28-2006, 04:40 PM
At this time tomorrow I will be standing outside of the E center waiting to get in to see one of the greatest rockbands of all time.... holy shit.

cliff
08-28-2006, 05:09 PM
Picture this if you will. 24 hours away of which I will spend 8 sleeping so you can kick it down to 16 hours. Surely the band is in the city, any ideas where they are staying or where they are hanging tonight?

rogerdoger
08-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Picture this if you will. 24 hours away of which I will spend 8 sleeping so you can kick it down to 16 hours. Surely the band is in the city, any ideas where they are staying or where they are hanging tonight?

Ooh, good question... They're probably down at Temple Sqaure tormenting Mormans.

rogerdoger
08-28-2006, 05:48 PM
And, in 24 hours I think ISIS wil be playing... when do you guys suppose the show will be over? I need to tell my parents so they can come pick me up....

cliff
08-28-2006, 06:35 PM
And, in 24 hours I think ISIS wil be playing... when do you guys suppose the show will be over? I need to tell my parents so they can come pick me up....

Where you sitting Roger?

rogerdoger
08-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Lower bowl section 116, row 24, what about you?

I would have gotten floor tix but I was in London w/ my Grandpa when they went on sale so I had to buy them when I got back.

cliff
08-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Lower bowl section 116, row 24, what about you?

I would have gotten floor tix but I was in London w/ my Grandpa when they went on sale so I had to buy them when I got back.

113 20th row. Its gonna be unreal. Enjoy the show.

rogerdoger
08-29-2006, 04:22 AM
Yea you too, I can't wait.

third_eye77
08-29-2006, 04:29 AM
Looks like they opened w/ "stinkfist" at the last show. The last 2 sets from WA and AB have been identical, I think we can expect to see the same...but who knows!! MJK has a special spot in his heart for SLC - I hope he does a little something special. See you all tonight!!

Sprry75
08-29-2006, 06:49 AM
Seems like they've been alternating "Opiate" with "Right in Two." I've heard Opiate live three times already, and while it's an apt song for this state, I'd still rather hear Right in Two.

From the Gorge reviews, it sounds like those seated a little higher up will actually get a more complete view of the stage set up.

Anyhoo, I can't wait. I won't be worth shit at work all day today.

P.S. Somebody please come into my work and tell this fucking bitch assistant to quit talking to me. I hate her and hope she dies.

Sprry75
08-29-2006, 06:53 AM
One more thing...I am definitely NOT looking forward to the meathead and/or fratboy contingent that is always at Tool shows.

Chill the fuck out you fucking psycho dickheads. Chill the fuck out.

I'm sure nobody here is one of them, mostly because you have to know how to type and I'm pretty sure the assholes I'm thinking of are incapable of doing so.

dan
08-29-2006, 07:06 AM
Hey, I'm a meathead and I'm going. If I see you I'm totally going to kick your ass!

SUCKA.

See (kinda) everyone tonight!

tygut1
08-29-2006, 07:20 AM
I would rather hear Right In Two over Opiate, but maybe we will get both. That would be sweet. I am 19 rows up, so hopefully I have a good view of the stage. I am way excited and along with everyone else am pretty much writing this day of work off, I am worthless. See you all there tonight.

dan
08-29-2006, 07:42 AM
Let us all congregate somewhere and smoke the ceremonial spliff.

Sprry75
08-29-2006, 08:17 AM
Judging from the Polish fans, we're in for a treat.

ćwoki,jeteście gówno warci , w szczególności wydaje wam sie że jesteście fanami toola czy jakiegokliwem zespołu.idzcie słuchać green day i depeche mode.Nie byłem na tym koncercie ale widziełem paru ludzi którzy sie tam wybierali..nic dziwneg0 ze maynard śpiewał do was dupą przez pierwsze 15 minut,kurwamac,no było do chuja nie podobne.it was fake not genuin,FUCK-ALL.bylem na koncercie w krakowie i nigdy tego nie zapomne,czasy sie zmieniły zasady poszły się JEBAĆ, jebajcie sie jebvanne nastolatki i wasze przytoolanki i jbane pedały z włosami w dupie na żelu.

Hell yeah, bitchezzz.

collapsed shell
08-29-2006, 09:09 AM
Let us all congregate somewhere and smoke the ceremonial spliff.

s.e.

dan
08-29-2006, 09:39 AM
oh great a show full of straight edgers? :'(

chiller
08-29-2006, 09:59 AM
hell yeah dan. for sure i will smoke with you. i am going with 15 of my friends and we are all bringing the muggles. in fucking 8 hours TOOL is going to be playing. i am goin to be in a undertow tee shirt and i have a buzzed head(no i am not a straight edgerer, i am a hippy mother fucker). anyways, anybody that see's me and wants to smoke yell at me and i will be more than happy to

dan
08-29-2006, 10:10 AM
edit: heh

chiller
08-29-2006, 10:13 AM
fuckin so stoked! wanna get higggghhhhhh?

dan
08-29-2006, 10:39 AM
yeah dogg yeah.

where are your seats?

chiller
08-29-2006, 10:54 AM
i am in fcc row 30 or 40. not to sure. hopefully not to far from the stage, but it probably is

sonnyboy11
08-29-2006, 10:58 AM
I have been betting on Englewood, CO as the first place to get Wings 1&2. But now that I think about it, SLC is the perfect place to debut that sucker! You guys are getting it- I HAVE SPOKEN! :P

chiller
08-29-2006, 11:24 AM
I have been betting on Englewood, CO as the first place to get Wings 1&2. But now that I think about it, SLC is the perfect place to debut that sucker! You guys are getting it- I HAVE SPOKEN! :P

oh for the love of the bullgod. please be right.

chiller
08-29-2006, 12:58 PM
6 hours. do i sound excited? i dont think so

cliff
08-29-2006, 01:50 PM

Thanks for the positive message, hopefully you got some pull I dont know about.

cliff
08-29-2006, 01:56 PM
So I texted one of the girls I'm going with tonight the message: "Sing it with me now... Eyeballs deep in muddy waters, fuckin' hypocrite!" No shit, at the very moment she looked at the text that shit was playing on her stereo. Dont know what it means, but I'm thinking good things are in store for the show.

EastBayJ1972
08-29-2006, 04:36 PM
GOOD LUCK SLC for a new setlist,..we're all rooting for ya!!!!!