PDA

View Full Version : Animus?

RedRum
04-20-2003, 05:58 AM
Does it even exist? Supposedly, this "Animus" Cd was shrink-wrapped to Aenima when it first came out, and contains a 14+ minute cover of Strawberry Fields, along with a Jimmy Hendrix cover and maybe more I don't know about. A lot of people seemed to own it at the site where I saw it (Toolunity), but if it is real then why isn't it in any discographies?

swaps
04-20-2003, 01:57 PM
tooldiscography.com (http://www.tooldiscography.com)

6bit
04-22-2003, 01:39 AM
Sanguis minimus
Corpus animus
Sanguis minimus
Corpus animus

:)

Andy
04-23-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by 6bit
Sanguis minimus
Corpus animus
Sanguis minimus
Corpus animus

:)

So does it exist or not. I can't even figure out how to work tooldiscography. well i can, but its just so complicated and not very well designed.

RedRum
04-23-2003, 04:03 AM
As it isn't listed in the discography, and appeared right around April Fool's Day, I'd say the probability that this was some smart arse's idea of a joke is, well, high to say the least... but it certainly doesn't seem that way. For anyone interested, go here-
http://www.toolunity.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?;act=SF;f=2
and click on either 'which one's better?' or 'animus' to see what I'm talking about. (I go under the same name in both places).

And 6bit...sounds cool, but what does it mean???

6bit
04-23-2003, 07:33 AM
they are lyrics from a song by Fantomas, called the Omen.

Sorry. hehe, I thought someone would get the joke. :(

6bit
04-23-2003, 08:23 AM
On a follow up- I went over there are read all the threads that mention it, interesting to say the least. I get the impression though that its just a group of friends trying to create histeria. It wouldn't have worked if one person said it existed, so they got 3 or 4 to agree with them.. Or they are all the same person in different identities.

Its all too fishy. If it were real, I think I would have heard about it by now. I mean, the beatles cover, I can see happening- because Maynard has covered "Silly Love Song" by Paul, but the Jimi song seems to be a long shot.

Phosphoros
04-24-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by 6bit
Sanguis minimus
Corpus animus
Sanguis minimus
Corpus animus

:) "Satan" in latin is "Satana", "satani" means Satan posses something, for example: "Canis Satani" means "The dog of Satan"......

Yiakovos
05-02-2003, 01:57 PM
Can they make it any more blatently obvious that they're bullshitting us?

VinHelfDog
05-13-2003, 01:05 PM
If the cd does exist (which i doubt but would be fuckin awesome if it did) how bout one of you lucky people who own a copy of the cd rip it. In this day in age of music sharring, although i frown upon it, i do see where it would be beneficial to others. So if someone owns the cd can they please rip it and put it on a site and maybe post the link here.

P.S: To anyone who doesn't know what the term ripping means, it's pretty much taking a song on a CD and putting it on your computer in mp3 format.