General Motors Place, Vancouver, BC
Tuesday, August 22, 2006

disaxiom
06-20-2006, 01:26 PM
so it is an arena tour!!! now i gotta choose between this one and the gorge one

omnitronic
06-20-2006, 02:10 PM
so it is an arena tour!!! now i gotta choose between this one and the gorge one

I am having the same problem, but I think the sound will be much better at the Gorge. The disadvantage is the drive and the traffic out there. But I am still going to try for both.

parabol4
06-20-2006, 05:08 PM
yay more tool can never be a bad thing! Although tickets are going to be a bitch for me to get for this one.

parabol4
06-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Also the fact that I probably cant get floor wheelchair seats.

omnitronic
06-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Also the fact that I probably cant get floor wheelchair seats.

You should get badass seats for the Gorge show. From what I can tell on the maplink on the ticketmaster website, you will be way up front.

noisetherapy
06-20-2006, 07:27 PM
it was madness last time they were in vancouver... imagine how loud and hotboxed gm place will be this time around

parabol4
06-20-2006, 07:34 PM
I'd like to go to the Gorge show, but i cant.

parabol4
06-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Called GM place, my seats will be way at the back... Hopefully at least the sound is still good from there.

evil agent
06-22-2006, 12:46 AM
WWWWHHAAATT!?!?!?

This is crazy! Tonight I heard, from some guy who doesn't even like Tool, that they were coming to Vancouver. I thought he was wrong, since I was sure I'd have heard about it. But it turns out he was right. I haven't been on this site much for a week or two, and so I missed the announcement. THANK GOD I found out 1.5 days before tickets go onsale!

I saw them here (Vancouver) in 2001, but missed them here in 1996 (such regret!). They played GM Place in 2001, which is usually a terribly venue for sound, but I remember they sounded PERFECT. The only band I've seen in GM Place that sounded perfect. Hopefully this time is just as good, and hopefully they play the Pot (I didn't see it in Toronto last month, because Maynard was sick).

This will be my 6th Tool Show!

omnitronic
06-22-2006, 08:32 AM
WWWWHHAAATT!?!?!?

This is crazy! Tonight I heard, from some guy who doesn't even like Tool, that they were coming to Vancouver. I thought he was wrong, since I was sure I'd have heard about it. But it turns out he was right. I haven't been on this site much for a week or two, and so I missed the announcement. THANK GOD I found out 1.5 days before tickets go onsale!

I saw them here (Vancouver) in 2001, but missed them here in 1996 (such regret!). They played GM Place in 2001, which is usually a terribly venue for sound, but I remember they sounded PERFECT. The only band I've seen in GM Place that sounded perfect. Hopefully this time is just as good, and hopefully they play the Pot (I didn't see it in Toronto last month, because Maynard was sick).

This will be my 6th Tool Show!

I came up to the '96 show because they sold out a small club in Tacoma of all places in about five seconds. But that show in Vancouver was amazing! My favorite quote of the night: "You guys win the prize for being the rudest crowd to an opening band of ours...ever". Thunderous applause ensued. Blue Maynard...I miss you man.

Chalingo
06-22-2006, 08:48 AM
Hope they have a better opening band this time, i'm not much of a Tricky fan. The sound in 2001 at GM place was terrific though. Can't wait!

FickMyDuck
06-23-2006, 12:03 AM
Does anyone know how fast these tickets will sell out, and what are the chances of me getting 2 tickets at the highest price(best seats, basically)?

Spoon
06-23-2006, 07:45 AM
Chill y'all - this is an arena show, last time tool toured arenas people could get tickets days after they initially went on sale.

just be sure to be on right at noon and you'll have 0 problems.

slicknickshady
06-23-2006, 06:08 PM
Tool seating chart. Haha. Ticketmaster Actually Added a Tool Only Seating Chart for this arena. Not that i care I live in michigan and am only going to the Michigan Shows and If they do Toledo. But here for those going to this show.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/139269/15874

105 & 118 look like good sections if you dont like floor.

Tawcan
06-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Any idea what the price is going to be? Ticketmaster listed $35.50 - $69.50. Looking at the seating chart it seems that floor's $69.50, lower bowl ~$55.50, upper bolw $35.50. Would that be a good guess?

FickMyDuck
06-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Chill y'all - this is an arena show, last time tool toured arenas people could get tickets days after they initially went on sale.

just be sure to be on right at noon and you'll have 0 problems.

Not to be noobish, but why do arena shows take longer to sell out? Is it because there's more seats?

And anything wrong with the floor area except having to stand up for the whole thing(if that's a bad thing)?

evil agent
06-23-2006, 07:47 PM
just be sure to be on right at noon and you'll have 0 problems.LOL. You, sir, are hilarious. And a bad, bad man.

evil agent
06-23-2006, 07:50 PM
FickMyDuck: Yeah, I think the reason arena shows take longer to sell out is because of the number of available seats. Whereas the small venue shows were 1,000-3,000 seaters, I think GM Place seats about 15,000 or so. But Tool will still definitely sell the place out, and fairly quickly.

As for floor seats, I don't think you'll be standing. I think its going to be all seated, like the last Vancouver show. Seats on the floors. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I really enjoyed the seated shows in 2001, but the seated show I saw this May left me somewhat... uninvolved. I felt a bit bored just sitting there. I think it was also because of the bad security, though. This time I'll be sure to bring something to smoke or eat for the show, which definitely adds to a seated concert, IMO.

magnolia
06-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Tomorrow (Saturday) I will be the proud owner of two tickets.... hopefully floor.... to this show.

Fuck Seattle was awesome.

TheKettle
06-23-2006, 11:00 PM
When I saw APC open for NIN at GM place, the floor "seats" were you standing, which was fine. Who wants to sit at a concert?

I saw Tool in '96 at the PNE Forum, which was great. You could freely walk to the floor, or grab a seat if you got tired.

omnitronic
06-23-2006, 11:08 PM
When I saw APC open for NIN at GM place, the floor "seats" were you standing, which was fine. Who wants to sit at a concert?

I saw Tool in '96 at the PNE Forum, which was great. You could freely walk to the floor, or grab a seat if you got tired.

That '96 show went off!

tempathy
06-24-2006, 12:12 AM
hopefully i'll be able to get tickets for this show as well.. if anyone is coming up from portland, or i'd like to split gas with you, i will hopefully have a friend with me. pm me if interested

FickMyDuck
06-24-2006, 09:02 AM
just got section 117 seats. Not the best seats in the house, but I am VERY satisfied.

evil agent
06-24-2006, 09:18 AM
Who wants to sit at a concert?I don't know what planet you've been living on, but the 1996 show was TEN YEARS AGO. At THE FORUM, where all shows are standing, general admission. This is Tool's second show at GM Place, and IT WILL ALL BE SEATS, like the last show there. Tool's shows have ALL been seated shows for a long time now. If you're going to this show, YOU WILL BE IN SEATS, so you'd better get used to the idea.

Otherwise, I'm pretty pissed off right now. I got tickets the INSANT they went onsale, and the best it could give me was row 9, section 107 of the 'plaza' (lower level seating). I'm so choked I couldn't get on the floor. This will be my 2nd Tool show this year, and once again I'll be sitting far away. I hate how I can't even get up close to see my favorite band of all time, it's really annoying. Its probably because I bought 8 tickets, for my friends, which definitely forced me to get way worse seats than if I had bought 2 or 3 tickets. Oh well.

Also, why were my plaza seats still full price?!?!? Out of 3 price levels, they were still the top, $69.50 plus $12 of TICKETMASTER RAPE FEES, bringing it to $81.50..... and I'm not even on the floor. WTF?

tempathy
06-24-2006, 09:19 AM
same..117. just before that they tried putting me in section 104 next to the stage. feh! i'll be driving a long ways and didn't wanna be in ga for the event

FickMyDuck
06-24-2006, 09:24 AM
what row you in, Tempest? And did anyone get floor seats? Where's section 120? My friends were sesarching for 6 tix and they got 120 lol

Poolzer
06-24-2006, 09:26 AM
section 116, row 5, seats 7-8

Weapon
06-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Floor Seats

Row 17

Oh yes...

parabol4
06-24-2006, 10:16 AM
I could only get Visions lounge seats... No fucking way all the wheelchair seats sold out that quickly. I think Ticketmaster fucked up, but at least I got a seat :D... Even if its the worst seat in the building.

FickMyDuck
06-24-2006, 10:25 AM
this is fucked up. THe yellow sections are still in the highest price range.

schizophrenic0
06-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Well I got two seats, 25th row of section 105. I hope they aren't too close.

Pickles The Clown
06-24-2006, 10:42 AM
Floor Seats

Row 17

Oh yes...

I got row 16. the bc bud is gonna be burnin' boiiiiiiiiiiiii

Weapon
06-24-2006, 11:06 AM
I got row 16. the bc bud is gonna be burnin' boiiiiiiiiiiiii

haha i'm in seats 18-20

be sure to pass it back

StarScream
06-24-2006, 11:15 AM
just got mine this morning, floor, row 12, seats 28 and 29. see you guys there

tewlarmyof1
06-24-2006, 12:42 PM
section 116, row 8, seats 5 and 6 i think.... good enough for me. I was at the Paramount for the May 2nd show, 5/6ths of the way to the back, and it was still completely and utterly enigmatic. See you all there.

TheKettle
06-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Floor, row 34. You'll have to throw it back to me!

Chalingo
06-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Got two seats section 105 row 7, should be alright. I was on as soon as tickets were on sale and the best i could get was row 31 on the floor. Can't believe all plaza seats were full price, even seats up in the balcony are full price, ftw! Floor should be general admission, gives everybody a chance to get close to the best band on the planet. I also got on ticket in section 107, which is better 107 or 105?

Benf
06-24-2006, 09:33 PM
i got one ticket that was row 5 floor
then i got 2 tickets that are row 3 section 117.
Just so you know, i had row 4 in sec 117 before.... id venture to say that they are the best seats in the house. gm doesnt seem very big when you get there. the seating chart really blows it out of proportion.

[ænima]
06-24-2006, 10:33 PM
got mine...sooo stoked..
waiting ever since i just discovered tool...RIGHT after they came to van in 01'
...anybody wanna trade floor for balcony with extra $$$ and bud? :(
my gf will do anything too ;)

ranjit
06-25-2006, 09:42 AM
I don't know what planet you've been living on, but the 1996 show was TEN YEARS AGO. At THE FORUM, where all shows are standing, general admission. This is Tool's second show at GM Place, and IT WILL ALL BE SEATS, like the last show there. Tool's shows have ALL been seated shows for a long time now. If you're going to this show, YOU WILL BE IN SEATS, so you'd better get used to the idea.....

I'm not sure about that, last time tool came to Calgary it was all standing and that was in 2002. I really doubt it will be seating.

Chalingo
06-25-2006, 10:00 AM
it was all seated in vancouver back in 2001.

Pickles The Clown
06-25-2006, 02:26 PM
I'm definitely primed up for this show. Does any one have a good idea of how long I can expect tool to play?

And I think I'd prefer the show to be seated. I mean who wants to mosh to tool? Plus its much easier to smoke joints and drink beer when sitting down.

Yes boiiiii.

omnitronic
06-25-2006, 06:07 PM
Sec 106, row 19, seat 108. Bought Gorge tix first, so I imagine this is not the best seat. Going to both shows however! I can't complain about that.

parabol4
06-26-2006, 09:30 AM
So I went to get tickets at a ticketmaster outlet. I was told they had only "Wheelchair VIP" seats. They also couldnt tell me where they were located. So I figure okay, just give me those, it must be GA for wheelchairs or something.

I get about half way home when i realize he sold me Visions Lounge seats (400 level of GM Place). I was shocked cause usually there is no way a Tool concert would sell out the wheelchair section that quickly.

So I call the co-ordinator of GM Place to complain and check the situation for me. She checks, and yep, sure enough, there are wheelchair seats available.

So now i'm getting my tickets exchanged for the better ones.

omnitronic
06-26-2006, 09:36 AM
So I went to get tickets at a ticketmaster outlet. I was told they had only "Wheelchair VIP" seats. They also couldnt tell me where they were located. So I figure okay, just give me those, it must be GA for wheelchairs or something.

I get about half way home when i realize he sold me Visions Lounge seats (400 level of GM Place). I was shocked cause usually there is no way a Tool concert would sell out the wheelchair section that quickly.

So I call the co-ordinator of GM Place to complain and check the situation for me. She checks, and yep, sure enough, there are wheelchair seats available.

So now i'm getting my tickets exchanged for the better ones.

Good work. At a non-GA show, they should be setting up a wide range of wheelchair seats.

jonnyroofer
06-26-2006, 04:46 PM
How long has GM place been putting seats on the floor?! I bought floor tickets and to my horror found out that it is assigned seating for "Security Reasons"!!! What an avalanche of horse shit. When i go to a rock show i like to rock out... ie. jump around, crowd surf, and get jolted around and such.... I just moved to the west coast, and I have NEVER heard of this being done. its gonna be really lame when Rosetta Stoned comes on and im confined to my shitty little floor chair space. YEAH! Oh yeah... last show i was at was NIN at the Air Canada Centre and they WERENT SELLING ALCOHOL for "Security" reasons! Josh Hommes was even ridiculing the head honchos of the ACC. I guess us canadians just have too much fun... Im really happy that tool is coming to Vancouver... But I would really like to spread the word that GM Place is a PATHETIC place for a show. Any Gorge tickets left? lol

parabol4
06-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Last GM Place concert was pretty good. Sound quality is good there is supposedly pretty good comparied to other arenas.

Tawcan
06-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Got myself 3 tickets as soon as they went on sale.

Last time when Tool played at GM Place the floor area had seats. To me that's fine. Almost everyone stands up in the concert and having seats allow you to sit down if you ever get tired. At that show Tool had a no moshing rule. You're not suppose to mosh to Tool music anyway, so that's fine as well.

I think last time Tool played for about 1.5 hr?

Looking at the touring page, it seems that there's going to be a North America show this fall. So it seems that this concert in August is more of a "pre" North American tour. Anyone?

omnitronic
06-26-2006, 11:45 PM
Looking at the touring page, it seems that there's going to be a North America show this fall. So it seems that this concert in August is more of a "pre" North American tour. Anyone?

That is what I am thinking.

parabol4
06-26-2006, 11:55 PM
I hope they play a different setlist than the small arena tour

Chalingo
06-27-2006, 07:30 AM
could be the start of the north american tour

jonnyroofer
06-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Last time when Tool played at GM Place the floor area had seats. To me that's fine. Almost everyone stands up in the concert and having seats allow you to sit down if you ever get tired. At that show Tool had a no moshing rule. You're not suppose to mosh to Tool music anyway, so that's fine as well.

Last time i saw them we were surfing the crowd to reflection which was the most peaceful/amazing shit ever. Not supposed to mosh to tool? I guess i should have read the rules.

Oh check out the gorge forum. that show looks to be amazing. weekend of camping and good times, then tool. I sold my shitty gm place Floor SEATS and bought gorge tickets. See you there WA!

FickMyDuck
06-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Does anyone know about the no camera rule? It says no camera on the ticketmaster site. I'm planning to stuff one in the crotch of my pants. Do they do a pat check before you guys go in? Would they take away my camera if i use it during the show? I'm not taking pics though, im using it to record a video

omnitronic
06-27-2006, 03:20 PM
They did a pat down search on the mini tour here in Seattle and told everyone that if they were caught taking pictures they would be removed from the show.

Spoon
06-27-2006, 04:19 PM
^ Ditto for Toronto (and all the other mini shows, and all the other Tool concerts in the past 5 years....)

evil agent
06-27-2006, 05:09 PM
They will defniitely pat you down. But like most shows that I've seen, anything hidden deep in your crotch will probably get in. Just don't expect to be comfortable, and get the camera deep in there. :)

I think one can safely bring in pot, flasks of booze, or even small cameras, with this method.

Chalingo
06-28-2006, 07:28 AM
Has anybody heard any rumors on who is opening?

parabol4
06-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Tricky *laugh* ....

I hope not.

omnitronic
06-28-2006, 09:55 AM
I stand by Zombi.

evil agent
06-28-2006, 10:42 AM
I might have guessed the Mars Volta could open, if they weren't opening for the Chili Peppers around the same time.

Hmm... well, I hope its Mike Patton or something, since I've never seem him live.

omnitronic
06-28-2006, 11:22 AM
I would love to see Patton, but he is busy with Peeping Tom and that would not be a good opener for Tool. But Patton should be touring this fall, so keep an eye open.

tewlarmyof1
06-28-2006, 03:24 PM
They will defniitely pat you down. But like most shows that I've seen, anything hidden deep in your crotch will probably get in. Just don't expect to be comfortable, and get the camera deep in there. :)

I think one can safely bring in pot, flasks of booze, or even small cameras, with this method.

yeah I plan on slippin the smoke in, but i was thinking a few rolled dubs in my shoe would be a good method. What do you think? Are they gonna make me take my shoes off? stip search me?
>;)

parabol4
06-28-2006, 04:24 PM
i think a smoke up the ass is the safest place. :D

omnitronic
06-28-2006, 04:51 PM
yeah I plan on slippin the smoke in, but i was thinking a few rolled dubs in my shoe would be a good method. What do you think? Are they gonna make me take my shoes off? stip search me?
>;)

The shoe works like a charm. Just don't limp too much.

Coren
06-28-2006, 06:02 PM
Damn, floor seats at GM? I woulda done that and GA for the Gorge. Lucky you, that you had a choice.

Too bad MV aren't opening, they'd suit Tool a bit better than APC did when they opened a couple years back.

Chalingo
06-29-2006, 10:50 AM
Saw Mars Volta open for SOAD and they were awesome, they need to headline though because 45mins just isn't enough. The weed in the shoe is the best bet, up beside the tongue if you wear skate shoes works best, no limping that way. I remember getting a good pat down and a nice crotch grab back in 2001. Checked my hat, pockets but not the shoes.

tewlarmyof1
06-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Saw Mars Volta open for SOAD and they were awesome, they need to headline though because 45mins just isn't enough. The weed in the shoe is the best bet, up beside the tongue if you wear skate shoes works best, no limping that way. I remember getting a good pat down and a nice crotch grab back in 2001. Checked my hat, pockets but not the shoes.

perfect. and i wear sk8 shoes (heehee), time for some slick ninja weed stashin' action.

ftm
06-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Hi everybody,

I completely missed the Ticketmaster sale for the Tool Vancouver/GM Place tickets :-( I was wondering if anyone out there has one extra ticket, or a pair of tickets for sale?

I'm open to any asking price. Floor would be awesome but I'm willing to take what I can get as this would only be my second time seeing Tool.

Hope to hear from you!

Best,
Angela

Benf
06-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Hi everybody,

I completely missed the Ticketmaster sale for the Tool Vancouver/GM Place tickets :-( I was wondering if anyone out there has one extra ticket, or a pair of tickets for sale?

I'm open to any asking price. Floor would be awesome but I'm willing to take what I can get as this would only be my second time seeing Tool.

Hope to hear from you!

Best,
Angela
not sure if you noticed, but this show isnt sold out. If you want 2 tickets you can still get row 7 balcony
for a single ticket i believe you can get row 10 on the main level (not floor)

ftm
07-01-2006, 12:32 AM
not sure if you noticed, but this show isnt sold out. If you want 2 tickets you can still get row 7 balcony
for a single ticket i believe you can get row 10 on the main level (not floor)

Thanks for the information. I should have posted in my original ad that I am looking for the closest seats available, I'd rather be giving my money to another Tool fan than Ticketmaster any day.... I figured I was better off enquiring here before going through TM.

~A

Tawcan
07-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Hmmm I want to bring in my camera so I can take some pics but I highly doubt I can hide it in my pants. :(

Chalingo
07-11-2006, 09:20 AM
In case nobody has heard, Isis is opening.

tewlarmyof1
07-11-2006, 04:06 PM
what are they like? I don't really pay attention to most other bands, too much of a waste of time.

parabol4
07-12-2006, 01:45 AM
Metal band.. the songs i heard were less singing and more just lots of really annoyingly loud metal... Not really fond of their music...

Chalingo
07-12-2006, 09:17 AM
They used to really loud and heavy, but now they are more softer and then they get heavy and back and for. Long songs. Kind of toolish, a little mastodon should be good. Their new albums are better than their old stuff.

Vicari0us
07-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Just got tickets, not the greatest but ive watched hockey games from worse angles, Gm place is alright for seating. We allowed binoculars? lol

twistedaxis
07-19-2006, 06:40 AM
ISIS are great. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but I think they will fit quite well with Tool (more so than Meshuggah, and I really like them too).

ftm
07-21-2006, 10:18 AM
If anyone has any tickets (or ticket) to sell for the upcoming Tool show at Gm Place in Van, please PM me here or at feedthemoon(at)hotmail(dot)com

All offers greatly appreciated! Looking foreard to going to the show!

Thanks,
Angela

jonnyroofer
07-26-2006, 08:23 PM
This is for anyone willing to drive to the gorge for the weekend from vancouver or surrounding area. I have extra lawn tickets, and i will give away 2 for free if i can get a lift with someone. I will also pitch in for gas. [email protected] Check out the Gorge thread to see why lawn tickets will kick ass especially if we get there early.

Blueberry
07-27-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm really excited for the Vancouver show, it's going to be my first time seeing Tool live! My seats are pretty far but I don't even care, I can't wait to rock out (even if it is in a seat). Do any of you Vancouverites know where I can couch surf for a night, or know of any cheap accomodations near the GM Place or airport?

Weapon
08-03-2006, 03:19 PM
i can't find a reasonable price on a hotel anywhere

Blueberry
08-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Looks like I'll have to shell out a bit of cash for the night...

I'm starting to get really worried as this show approaches. My flight to Vancouver arrives at 4 p.m. on the 22nd and the show starts at 8. When I got my ticket I didn't even consider that there might be delays, and now I'm soooo worried that something might happen and I'll totally miss the show. :(

disaxiom
08-04-2006, 12:55 AM
don't worry, as long as the plane takes off you'll be fine, if you went straight to the show from the airport it'd only take about 30 minutes tops

[ænima]
08-09-2006, 08:39 PM
anybody want to trade their floor tickets for row 25 and i'll giv eyou 200$ cash?? i need 2 :(

FickMyDuck
08-09-2006, 09:10 PM
don't worry, as long as the plane takes off you'll be fine, if you went straight to the show from the airport it'd only take about 30 minutes tops

doubt it. 4pm from the airport back to vancouver is rush hour. I say it's 40 minutes with regular traffic. With rush hour, I'm guessing an hour. If you land in Vancouver at 4pm, give or take half an hour, you can get there on time for the show, even with checkout and traffic and such

Blueberry
08-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Omg, I am so pissed about this stupid terrorism crap. Now I'm even more worried about the flight leaving on time... And wtf, I can't even carry my lip gloss??? This is just overboard. :(
One good thing is that I'm pretty sure I've got a place to crash now, yay! Anyone have any suggestions as to what I *must* see in Vancouver? I'll only be there for three days.

evil agent
08-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Hmm.. well, I live here.. and its always hard to think of the tourist "must sees". The best thing about Vancouver is how beautiful it is. I'd say:

(if the weather is nice) you definitely have to check out downtown, and English Bay (the beach that's right downtown) and Stanley Park (huge natural forest/park, right downtown). Rent a bike or rollerblades, and go around the seawall (it circles all of Stanley Park, and provides breathtaking views of downtown, the north shore, the ocean, etc... takes about 45 min-1 hour).

You should also check out Granville Island, which has an amazing public market, and sometimes has street performers/musicians, etc.

There's an art gallery, which is alright.. there's the aquarium, which is alright (I think they're getting rid of most of the animals and killer whales though, due to how cruel it really is).

Gastown is downtown, its the oldest part of the city, looks rather quaint (but it's within one block of the worst part of town.. not really dangerous, but full of wandering junkies and dirt poor homeless people who look like zombies.. just preparing you, so you're not too shocked). Chinatown is nice, one of the biggest in North America...

Otherwise.. can't think of anything else right now! But its just a really beautiful city.

FickMyDuck
08-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Richmond Night Market.

Gastown.

Seawall.

DTrain
08-15-2006, 10:06 AM
One good thing is that I'm pretty sure I've got a place to crash now, yay! Anyone have any suggestions as to what I *must* see in Vancouver? I'll only be there for three days.

Depends on what you like to do. If you like trees, there are lots of those, and a tonne of beautiful places to go. If you like clubs, uh, I hate to disappoint you... lol. Vancouver is OK, but not the best club scene.

If you like restaraunts, there are plenty of nice ones here (as with any city) where you can spend 20 bucks or 200 bucks a person.

Any specifics?

---

Oh man I'm so excited... a friend of mine who doesn't like Tool just won 3rd row floor seats and is selling them to me at face value (yes the other one is already spoken for) -- so it DOES pay to be friends with people who aren't tool fans afterall!!

evil agent
08-15-2006, 11:13 AM
ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

I just bid on Ticketmaster's Tool Auction, and got FIRST ROW FLOOR SEATS for $130! For $100, you could have had 3rd-4th row floor. I wanted to tell more people, but can you blame me for not wanting extra bidding competition?

Anyway, that means I have TWO EXTRA TICKETS to get rid of now. I'm not trying to make any money off them, will let them go for face value. IF ANYONE NEEDS TWO TICKETS, PM ME A.S.A.P.

(I think they're section 18, row 20-something... quite close to the stage).

ftm
08-15-2006, 05:11 PM
If anyone has a single Floor ticket available, would you kindly email me at:

feedthemoon(at)hotmail(dot)com

Consider them sold; all offers accepted. Thank you (x 1000) in advance!

~a

Weapon
08-15-2006, 07:05 PM
One week away

oh my fuck..............

DTrain
08-16-2006, 10:11 AM
One week away

oh my fuck..............

Your fuck? What about MY fuck???

Very exciting, and news of bigger greater shows and set lists on toolband.

I would like to note, to all those kind souls who offered to purchase my tickets -- I would like to emphasize that my freind was selling the tickets to ME, and the second one is already spoken for.

I have no tickets for sale.

I'm sorry to all of you who got the wrong impression.

Then again, everything has it's price. For 10,000,000 I will sell my tickets. Er, maybe as low as 1,000,000 -- aaahhh screw it i'm a whore, I'll go as low as 100,000.

Then again, for 10,000,000 I could probably schedule them to play my birthday.

I just found out yesterday that they're 1st row tickets, not 3rd... and nearly dead centre. It would take alot (of money) to get those tickets out of my hands.

DT

evil agent
08-16-2006, 10:30 AM
How do you know they're dead centre? I'm also first row floor, but not sure where my seats are located (seats 32-33 I think). Let me know! :)

And in other news, I STILL HAVE 2 TICKETS AVAILABLE, SEC 118, ROW 23, FACE VALUE. PM ME IF INTERESTED, ASAP.

DTrain
08-16-2006, 10:44 AM
How do you know they're dead centre? I'm also first row floor, but not sure where my seats are located (seats 32-33 I think). Let me know! :)

And in other news, I STILL HAVE 2 TICKETS AVAILABLE, SEC 118, ROW 23, FACE VALUE. PM ME IF INTERESTED, ASAP.

Ticketmaster says the following about GM Place for concerts:

Floor:
The floor setup for most concerts consists of 42 rows, divided into 3 sections. Rows 1-21, rows 22-32, rows 33-42. There are 51 seats in each row.

Assuming it's fairly typical setup, 25/26 should be centre. I'm pretty close to that!

evil agent
08-16-2006, 11:11 AM
You're right, the Ticketmaster dude at the main customer service centre told me the same thing. Apparently I'm just slightly off to the right, which is WAY better than I was expecting, or dared to hope for!

That means I should be right in front of DANNY FUCKING CAREY, and Justin Chancellor. This news is gonna keep me happy all week!

6th Tool show, but best seats ever.

DTrain
08-16-2006, 12:07 PM
That means I should be right in front of DANNY FUCKING CAREY, and Justin Chancellor. This news is gonna keep me happy all week!

Danny Carey told me he was going to be in a different position that night becuase he doesn't like you!!

Lol ok sorry about the useless post/bump.

See yah there dude.

evil agent
08-16-2006, 07:08 PM
LOL, you actually scared me there for a second!

In other hilarious news: My little brother just won the grand prize for the Tool contest, held by the Georgia Straight newspaper. The funny thing is, I MADE him enter his name, cause I knew he wanted tickets but couldn't afford them, So he actually won 2 tickets, SECOND ROW FLOOR (I think he may be directly behind me!), plus the new album. CRAZY!

clayton9610
08-17-2006, 11:38 AM
I went from row 13 floor on one side to row 3 centre thanks to ticketmaster's auction($105 won them). No one even bid on rows 7-11 or plaza seats (they had 200 tickets up for bid) which could of been had for $85. Ticketmaster said that orders taht didn't go through will be released Friday so keep on checking. On craigslist people are willing to pay $160 for floor; if only they knew of the auction. As mentioned above, I would of said something earlier but you know competition and all.

Chalingo
08-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Does anybody here know anyone who is looking for a ticket. I have 1 ticket for sale, selling for the same price that I paid($85.00). E-mail me if interested: [email protected]
I really don't want to stand around outside GM PLace on tuesday to try and sell it.

TheKettle
08-17-2006, 07:30 PM
Evil_Agent, please check your PM's

BadSector
08-17-2006, 09:39 PM
I went from row 13 floor on one side to row 3 centre thanks to ticketmaster's auction($105 won them). No one even bid on rows 7-11 or plaza seats (they had 200 tickets up for bid) which could of been had for $85. Ticketmaster said that orders taht didn't go through will be released Friday so keep on checking. On craigslist people are willing to pay $160 for floor; if only they knew of the auction. As mentioned above, I would of said something earlier but you know competition and all.

Hah.. ya, I felt bad not telling anyone at work about the Edmonton auction. Snagged 5th row center for $90.

Same situation in Edmonton too.. with rows 7-10 and first 10 rows in some decent side sections not even getting any bids.

unifiedtheory
08-20-2006, 08:43 AM
My first post...

3 more days to go. I've been bouncing off the damn walls for about 2 weeks now.

I'm sitting in section 117 (I'm in row 20 I think, I have not looked at my tickets since I bought them, I know it would make me crazy...LOL).

I see from the Hawaii shows they are still playing the "festival" setlist. I'm hoping hoping hoping that we get the first "arena" set list.

Don't get me wrong here. If I see the "festival" setlist I'll be elated but that is more of a "greatest hits" setlist. I'm going to see a 10,000 Days tour. I've seen the band 5 times before so some of the songs (Sober etc.) I've seen before.

Ideally, the setlist would be:

Vicarious
Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
The Pot
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
----Break Time----
Wings/Wings Part 2
Lateralus
Intension/Right in Two
Opiate
Aenema

I know it WON'T happen but hey...I can dream.

noisetherapy
08-20-2006, 09:42 AM
2 tool tickets for sale (i got tickets on the floor) sec 111 row 23 seat 6 & 7
center stage lower bowl about halfway up. face value. email me.

parabol4
08-20-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm pretty sure the setlist will change in Vancouver, due to it being the first stop ISIS will be playing at. If it is the same setlist I hope they play Opiate cause its one song I have never heard live.

parabol4
08-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Well actually I have heard Opiate... But half way through Tricky came out singing his own lyrics which kinda sucked.

evil agent
08-20-2006, 06:59 PM
As far as I could tell, there were no reviews for the Hawaii shows. I guess maybe they're in the forum, and not the tour section?

And who/what is "ISIS"? I thought there was no opening act... I'm not sure how I feel about this. I would prefer there to be no act, and have Tool just play for a little longer. Oh well.

Anyway, I'm getting really excited. It's my 6th show, but the fact that I'm sitting in first row floor brings this to a new level. I can't wait. I only hope they play The Pot because when I saw them in Toronto in May, they left this song out (due to Maynard's cold).

I don't need to hear Opiate, as I've heard it live 4 times. For me, out of all my concerts, the main songs I've never managed to hear are: Third Eye, Intolerance, The Pot,and Prison Sex.

Rare songs I have seen (just to make you jealous): Part of Me, Opiate, Swamp Song, Flood (this was instead of Third Eye), and Ticks and Leeches.

unifiedtheory
08-20-2006, 09:08 PM
As far as I could tell, there were no reviews for the Hawaii shows. I guess maybe they're in the forum, and not the tour section?

And who/what is "ISIS"? I thought there was no opening act... I'm not sure how I feel about this. I would prefer there to be no act, and have Tool just play for a little longer. Oh well.

Anyway, I'm getting really excited. It's my 6th show, but the fact that I'm sitting in first row floor brings this to a new level. I can't wait. I only hope they play The Pot because when I saw them in Toronto in May, they left this song out (due to Maynard's cold).

I don't need to hear Opiate, as I've heard it live 4 times. For me, out of all my concerts, the main songs I've never managed to hear are: Third Eye, Intolerance, The Pot,and Prison Sex.

Rare songs I have seen (just to make you jealous): Part of Me, Opiate, Swamp Song, Flood (this was instead of Third Eye), and Ticks and Leeches.

There isn't really a "review" of the 2nd show in Hawaii. there is a set list though...

stinkfist
the pot
forty-six & 2
jambi
schism
rosetta stoned
sober
intension segue
right in two
lateralus
vicarious
aenema

If they do that I'll be happy but I HAVE to hear Wings Part I and II....

Isis is alright. They have a MySpace and I checked out a few tracks. I'll probably miss them entirely anyway, take advantage of the extra hour before the festivities really begin.

I saw Prison Sex in '94 at the Plaza of Nations. Brilliant show.

I'm sick jealous of your seats. May I ask how you got 'em? Was there a presale? I'm sitting in the lower half of section 107...not too shabby but not front row.

2 more sleeps....

evil agent
08-20-2006, 09:14 PM
I was sitting exactly where you are (lower half of SEC 107). But then, last week, ticketmaster (always looking for more money) held a Tool auction. They saved 200 of the best seats (floor, and lower plaza). I managed to get first row floor by bidding $130 per ticket (2 tickets). Then I found people to sell my old tickets to.

Apparently many people didn't know about the auction, or didn't bid (because ticketmaster fucked them over by already selling them tickets 2 months ago). As such, rows 3-5 on the floor were available for $100, and rows 7-10 for $85.

I am happy I scored front row, but I really feel bad for all the other people (including my 8 other friends) who did not manage to do this. I guess it was better than the presales (which only count for paying tool army members), but in general, it still seems a bit immoral/unfair.

(But hey.. I'd probably trade my first row seats, for the chance to have seen them in 1994!)

parabol4
08-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Pot isnt that great live. I missed out on Right in Two / Intension in seattle.

BadSector
08-20-2006, 09:33 PM
Posting here since the Edmonton thread is gone.. ;)

Also hoping a new setlist is unleashed for Vancouver and beyond. As I've done both other times I've seen them, I will be yelling 4° at every break in the action.. hehehe.

Fuck.. this week is gonna drag so slow.. Glad the show is Friday though.. can go nuts and sleep in Saturday =D

unifiedtheory
08-20-2006, 09:36 PM
I was sitting exactly where you are (lower half of SEC 107). But then, last week, ticketmaster (always looking for more money) held a Tool auction. They saved 200 of the best seats (floor, and lower plaza). I managed to get first row floor by bidding $130 per ticket (2 tickets). Then I found people to sell my old tickets to.

Apparently many people didn't know about the auction, or didn't bid (because ticketmaster fucked them over by already selling them tickets 2 months ago). As such, rows 3-5 on the floor were available for $100, and rows 7-10 for $85.

I am happy I scored front row, but I really feel bad for all the other people (including my 8 other friends) who did not manage to do this. I guess it was better than the presales (which only count for paying tool army members), but in general, it still seems a bit immoral/unfair.

(But hey.. I'd probably trade my first row seats, for the chance to have seen them in 1994!)

Dude...sweet deal for you...big time. I had no idea the "auction" situation existed. I would have bid $200 per for your seats. I actually looked into trying to get into the first half dozen rows but the cost was a little out of my reach at this time.

I wondered why, when I got online the SECOND tix were available I could'nt get a sniff of the first 20 odd rows of the floor.

I think that is bigtime immoral for Ticketmaster to do that...that is basically ticket scalping. They are such thieves, it makes me want to vomit. Someone has to put them out of business. I wish every band tried to screw them like Pearl Jam tried to and put them out of business.

Anyway...

Yes, the '94 show was unreal. I walked in a big Tool fan and I walked out having found a religion.

[ænima]
08-20-2006, 09:36 PM
row 25... :(

well thats disapointing...i would of at least liked to know about this auction..
was this auction online or where?

BadSector
08-20-2006, 09:38 PM
;1324230']row 25... :(

well thats disapointing...i would of at least liked to know about this auction..
was this auction online or where?

ya, was on www.ticketmaster.ca I was going there for some other reason, and saw the ad on the main page.

unifiedtheory
08-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Posting here since the Edmonton thread is gone.. ;)

Also hoping a new setlist is unleashed for Vancouver and beyond. As I've done both other times I've seen them, I will be yelling 4° at every break in the action.. hehehe.

Fuck.. this week is gonna drag so slow.. Glad the show is Friday though.. can go nuts and sleep in Saturday =D

I took Wednesday the 23rd off the minute I heard the concert announcement...LOL.

I think Vancouver will be the "official" unleashing of the arena tour setlist....or should I say i'm hoping.

unifiedtheory
08-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Pot isnt that great live. I missed out on Right in Two / Intension in seattle.

I think "The Pot" sounds the best out of all the bootlegs I've seen.

disaxiom
08-21-2006, 03:49 AM
omg i'm so psyched, my buddy was going to go to this show with a friend but the friend has a wedding to go to (i'd skip it lol) so now just 2 days before the show i find out i'm going!! i get to see them again on sunday at the gorge so this is just gonna be the best week ever ;)

unifiedtheory
08-21-2006, 05:04 AM
1 more sleep.

evil agent
08-21-2006, 07:37 AM
I think that is bigtime immoral for Ticketmaster to do that...that is basically ticket scalping. They are such thieves, it makes me want to vomit. Someone has to put them out of business. I wish every band tried to screw them like Pearl Jam tried to and put them out of business.I couldn't agree more. I feel like vomitting all the time, when dealing with Ticketmaster. The worst part is how blatant their greed is, like charging up to $15 in 'convenience' fees, per ticket. Or doing this auction scalping thing. I like the fact that the auction gave people the chance to get better seats... but I think it's total bullshit that they kept this auction secret until last week. They should have made it clear from the beginning that they were saving the best seats. Like you, I had bought tickets the instant they went onsale, and was stunned to not be anywhere near the floor.

When I think of all the concerts I've been to in the last 12 years (maybe 60+ shows), and how much money I've given to Ticketmaster, I feel sick. I honestly feel them raping me up the ass. Its one of the reasons I'll always love Pearl Jam, because they were the first (and only) band with the balls to sue those evil fuckers.

The only reason I found out about the auction was because ticketmaster sent me an email.

As for the "unleashing of the new arena setlist"... I guess there's a good chance of that. Although it looks like the first show of the tour, in California, was somewhat of an arena show... and it had the same setlist.

I'm almost too nervous about a new setlist, because I have come to expect certain songs. If they change it now, I might be so lost and disoriented during the show! But then again, in the old days, I never knew what I was going to hear at any concert, by any band!

I would be more than happy if they played the full regular setlist (including Right in Two, The Pot, Rosetta Stoned, Vicarious, and Jambi), and also threw in Wings Part II. That would be unreal (to be the first people ever to hear Wings live!). And if they threw in Third Eye, I might just die happy.

Chalingo
08-21-2006, 07:39 AM
Heads up! There's a possible strike at the airport tomorrow, for anybody who is flying in.

parabol4
08-21-2006, 07:56 AM
Wings is really the only one i absolutely want to hear. If they dont play wings i might cry.

[ænima]
08-21-2006, 08:54 AM
i dont know what to do with myself now....
waiting for over 5 years and BAM..its here
im..nervous?

DTrain
08-21-2006, 09:57 AM
I think that is bigtime immoral for Ticketmaster to do that...that is basically ticket scalping. They are such thieves, it makes me want to vomit. Someone has to put them out of business. I wish every band tried to screw them like Pearl Jam tried to and put them out of business.

Ticketmaster has always reserved the best seats for media / fan sites etc. (or is it the bands that ask them to do this? I'm not sure). The auction is probably just a way for them to get rid of seats that were reserved for these purposes, and never used.

Or maybe they're just assholes.

You never know.

DTrain
08-21-2006, 10:22 AM
When I think of all the concerts I've been to in the last 12 years (maybe 60+ shows), and how much money I've given to Ticketmaster, I feel sick. I honestly feel them raping me up the ass. Its one of the reasons I'll always love Pearl Jam, because they were the first (and only) band with the balls to sue those evil fuckers.

I don't necessarily agree with everything ticketmaster does -- but they are a business, which is out for a profit. This is why they do the things they do.

It's a benefit and a curse that they have such a monopoly over it.

The fact is, they make it easy for us to get tickets to nearly any concert we want to go to -- and they make it easy for the bands to distribute tickets. They also make it easier on the places that host the events, becuase those places can carry only one set of equipment and have only one agreement to deal with every event they host. Life actually is easier for everyone with ticketmaster.

How much should they be charging as a service charge? I don't know -- I don't know the costs associated with their business.

All I know is that if we managed to put ticketmaster out of business, we would regret it. That regret comes from the value of their service, and that value is what allows them to charge so much.

Anyway, that doesn't mean they're not assholes. It also doesn't mean that we should lay down and allow them to charge what they want becuase they're the only ones.

If you want to vomit and put them out of business, find away to compete with them. But wait, that would make YOU the asshole with the profit.

Anyway, such is life in captialist America. If you don't like it, do somthing about THAT. That's where the problem is.

Ticketmaster is an example of the result of captialism, but they are also run by people with families who have to eat -- and you feed them when you go the concert. Maybe you feed them too much, but frankly anyone who gets 3 square meals a day in this world has already won the lottery anyway, so why complain?

I have no idea where this came from. I don't really care for Ticketmaster's business model, but I really don't understand how people feel raped by it. They provide a valuable service to the artists, to the venues, and to the fans.

In captialist America, value == $$$. It has to if you want to survive in this country, there is currently no other way.

If you want to change the world, you have to kiss some ass, sell out, play by the rules, and gain enough power in THEIR circles to change things. In captalist society, that means getting rich. Getting rich takes selling out. Plain and simple.

I apologize if everyone loses respect for me now. Frankly, I don't care. I sold out long before you'd ever even heard my name.

If power doesn't corrupt me, perhaps some day you'll hear my name again when they're talking about the changes I've made, and the things I've done to make this a better world.

Or maybe I'll fail miserably trying, and die happy anyway becuase I lived the "good" life for my self, and at least tried to make things better for everyone else.

lalalalala.

I'm done now.

DT

Weapon
08-21-2006, 04:31 PM
;1325179']i dont know what to do with myself now....
waiting for over 5 years and BAM..its here
im..nervous?

i feel the same. tomorrow. 27 hours to go.

evil agent
08-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Well, I guess we all know where DTrain works. ;)

Just kidding. But seriously, I understand the fact that Ticketmaster is out to make a profit, like all big companies... but it just seems that they have a bigger monopoly than any other company I know of. Even Microsoft had to pay the price for its monopoly. But Ticketmaster has never had any action taken against it, besides the Pearl Jam court case. And it seems like Ticketmaster charges far more than it needs to, especially on the service charges. It does not cost them $12 in service to sell you a ticket, not even close. They are capitalizing on their monopoly in an outrageously greedy way. That's all.

Anyway, BRING ON TOMORROW! TUESDAY! TOOLSDAY! Fuck yeah.

unifiedtheory
08-21-2006, 06:35 PM
I couldn't agree more. I feel like vomitting all the time, when dealing with Ticketmaster. The worst part is how blatant their greed is, like charging up to $15 in 'convenience' fees, per ticket. Or doing this auction scalping thing. I like the fact that the auction gave people the chance to get better seats... but I think it's total bullshit that they kept this auction secret until last week. They should have made it clear from the beginning that they were saving the best seats. Like you, I had bought tickets the instant they went onsale, and was stunned to not be anywhere near the floor.

The only reason I found out about the auction was because ticketmaster sent me an email.

As for the "unleashing of the new arena setlist"... I guess there's a good chance of that. Although it looks like the first show of the tour, in California, was somewhat of an arena show... and it had the same setlist.

I'm almost too nervous about a new setlist, because I have come to expect certain songs. If they change it now, I might be so lost and disoriented during the show! But then again, in the old days, I never knew what I was going to hear at any concert, by any band!

I would be more than happy if they played the full regular setlist (including Right in Two, The Pot, Rosetta Stoned, Vicarious, and Jambi), and also threw in Wings Part II. That would be unreal (to be the first people ever to hear Wings live!). And if they threw in Third Eye, I might just die happy.

I totally agree with everything you just said...

One
More
Sleep

Weapon
08-21-2006, 06:48 PM
many say we'll get the new setlist

since it's the first stop with Isis and all

going in not knowing is great though

disaxiom
08-21-2006, 07:16 PM
if y'all haven't checked it out yet isis put out their first song from the new album, i really hope they play some more new stuff too! it sounds awesome
http://ipecac.com/audio/081.mp3

implandnoises
08-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Good luck in getting the new setlist/show first. Wish I could be there. Here is my prediction for the setlist:

Prison Sex
Stinkfist
The Pot
Rosetta Stoned
Schism
Pushit
Lateralus
Vicarious(with video premier)

(Intermisson) - not the song, but a break - music will be Lipan Conjuring haha.

Jimmy
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Undertow
Jambi
Aenema
Opiate
Right in Two

After looking at that guess again, I don't expect to be close, but lets see what happens....

evil agent
08-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Dude... if that was the setlist, I would be pissing my pants and sobbing tears of pure joy. Especially if I got to see Jimmy, Prison Sex, and Wings.

I'm trying not to expect anything new... but I agree, going in unsure is pretty cool.

[ænima]
08-21-2006, 09:24 PM
yeah..im trying to expect a shit setlist...setting myself at VERY low expectations
between that and the chron....adds for some very good "enhancement" :D
im row 25, but my 'girl' friend and i will do..anyting..yes kids, ANYTHING
for floor...watch out security gaurds ;)

but about the set list...theres always the flip side....no quarter? D/R/T? thats just a beauty right there

yeah i said beauty

haha

ok now im just rambling..but i have hte same reason as why we all didn't sleep for the last two months

unifiedtheory
08-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Good luck in getting the new setlist/show first. Wish I could be there. Here is my prediction for the setlist:

Prison Sex
Stinkfist
The Pot
Rosetta Stoned
Schism
Pushit
Lateralus
Vicarious(with video premier)

(Intermisson) - not the song, but a break - music will be Lipan Conjuring haha.

Jimmy
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Undertow
Jambi
Aenema
Opiate
Right in Two

After looking at that guess again, I don't expect to be close, but lets see what happens....

If that happened I'd probably pass out halfway through...

If I leave tomorrow night having heard Wings/10,000 Days, Jambi, Vicarious, Right in Two and The Pot I'll be elated...everything else will be gravy.

DTrain
08-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Well, I guess we all know where DTrain works. ;)

Just kidding. But seriously, I understand the fact that Ticketmaster is out to make a profit, like all big companies... but it just seems that they have a bigger monopoly than any other company I know of. Even Microsoft had to pay the price for its monopoly. But Ticketmaster has never had any action taken against it, besides the Pearl Jam court case. And it seems like Ticketmaster charges far more than it needs to, especially on the service charges. It does not cost them $12 in service to sell you a ticket, not even close. They are capitalizing on their monopoly in an outrageously greedy way. That's all.

Anyway, BRING ON TOMORROW! TUESDAY! TOOLSDAY! Fuck yeah.

hell yeah!! WHoOP. Or somthing.

I'm excited.

DT.

P.s., no I don't work for TM... :P I agree 100% that they have an uber-monopoly... and that it's NOT necessary to have such a monopoly... the equipment could be standardized through an "industry" instead of a company... I just think th ebest way to take them down is to be competition... not sure how... worth a shot though -- you could make some killer money while still dragging the service charges down.

evil agent
08-21-2006, 11:23 PM
HAPPY TOOLSDAY, EVERYONE!

Have a good show. I will be so excited that even a crappy morning at work won't get me down. Screw you, bitchy customers! I laugh in your faces!

See you all in the reviews, tomorrow night.

implandnoises
08-22-2006, 01:41 AM
Dude... if that was the setlist, I would be pissing my pants and sobbing tears of pure joy. Especially if I got to see Jimmy, Prison Sex, and Wings.

I'm trying not to expect anything new... but I agree, going in unsure is pretty cool.

Yeah, its a long shot - and a bloody long setlist! I will time it and tell you what it is in a minute. Fuck its not three hours is it? Actually, nah they could do that in about 2hrs 20mins including breaks. That would rock.

Well, what would rock more would be a three hour show that includes:
Parabol/Parabola
D/R/T
Third Eye
Eulogy
H.
46&2
Sober
The Patient
The Grudge

Need I go on?

disaxiom
08-22-2006, 03:37 AM
add Jimmy, and any track from Opiate to that list and it'd be the perfect concert IMO

evil agent
08-22-2006, 06:36 AM
I'd rather not see D/R/T, as I saw it 3 times in 2001. The only one of that trilogy that I'd really like to see again is Triad.

Tawcan
08-22-2006, 08:15 AM
Triad was absolutely amazing when they played in Vancouver last time. The Schism ppl hanging themselves up-side-down for the entire song. Man that blew my mind!

[ænima]
08-22-2006, 09:49 AM
hahahah fuck man
i just got back from working out..vicarious came on the radio....very intense..

tool effects you.....i've testted it!

im the guy with the TOOL shirt on! hahah

really noticeable!

begmetostay
08-22-2006, 11:09 AM
have fun guys. Pretty much everyone is watching and waiting to hear you come back.You guys are the first ones to experience the arena tour. Everyone is wondering what they are going to play, for how long, and is Isis a good opener. What i wouldn't give to be you right now! heh

Tawcan
08-22-2006, 11:13 AM
I thought Hawaii is the 1st US arena tour???

armmar
08-22-2006, 11:17 AM
I love the feeling of excitement on this thread

Come back with good stories guys and have an amazing time!

<3 Armando

parabol4
08-22-2006, 11:20 AM
This is going to be one hell of a night either way, and only my 3rd Tool concert ever... Im still a rookie.

jeremywize
08-22-2006, 12:29 PM
I know I am not supposed to post here but I need to know if anyone is opening for Tool during the current tour, as in the Gorge on Sunday, anyone know if there is an opening act?????

Cycloz
08-22-2006, 01:02 PM
I believe ISIS will be the opening band starting with tonight's show (22nd).

littlejason
08-22-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm not even goign to this show but i checked the thread thought i might help out...
check it, big tour officially starts tonight by the looks of it:

http://www.toolband.com/index_frames.html

littlejason
08-22-2006, 02:14 PM
I love how excited everybody is, i'm in California, i have nothing to do with this show and i'm extremely excited to see what's in store...it's that lovin' feelin'.

Hear from you guys soon.

akman46&2
08-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Let's hope the set list kicks ass, my brother saw them Saturday night in Hawaii and was blown away...

[ænima]
08-22-2006, 02:34 PM
yeah 100% this thread has carried out the most positive energy...

its like we're going to war...the best fucking war ever!?

WOOOT!

damn its like im going into the afterlife...for a few hours..in a stadium! hahah

(im scared of the afterlife) haha

scared of the unexpecting.....I LOVE IT!

akman46&2
08-22-2006, 02:41 PM
I thought Hawaii is the 1st US arena tour???

Hawaii was a small 2000 person venue...with no opening act...

jackhoffinhan
08-22-2006, 04:36 PM
I know I am not supposed to post here but I need to know if anyone is opening for Tool during the current tour, as in the Gorge on Sunday, anyone know if there is an opening act?????

ISIS

eknal
08-22-2006, 09:02 PM
Let's keep the thread on-topic.

Sol Invictus
08-22-2006, 09:29 PM
?

Sol Invictus
08-22-2006, 09:30 PM
shortly huh?

Tiphareth
08-22-2006, 09:37 PM
Stop it! i keep thinking sumones posted the setlist!!! ahahha

anarcho-commie
08-22-2006, 09:45 PM
"SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES... AGAIN

Having recently attended the 'dress rehearsal' for TOOL's US Summer/Fall ARENA TOUR, I can tell you that all (well, most) of those things you've been e-mailing about and posting on message boards are coming, namely a bigger stage production and different set lists. What I saw was impressive to say the least (and with these guys, that's all I can say at this point), but the new show should be unveiled soon (and for now we'll just have to leave it at that) - with things better suited to the bigger concert halls."

Sounds good, sounds good.

GradyWhite
08-22-2006, 09:47 PM
old news buddy

krzymom
08-22-2006, 09:52 PM
What time is it in Canada anyway??

njm
08-22-2006, 09:55 PM
according to time converter .com it is 1:30 am on the 23rd! where is the set list!?

AMF
08-22-2006, 09:55 PM
What time is it in Canada anyway??

11 PM.

AMF
08-22-2006, 09:56 PM
according to time converter .com it is 1:30 am on the 23rd! where is the set list!?

Nope.

njm
08-22-2006, 09:57 PM
ok I got something wrong there. not long to go now I guess!!

krzymom
08-22-2006, 09:57 PM
I just googled it and it is 10:57pm on 8/22 still....

BlueHalo
08-22-2006, 09:58 PM
FRIENDLY REMINDER FOR YOU DOUCHEBAGS!

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

njm
08-22-2006, 09:59 PM
just think. Right now, some lucky people COULD be experiencing Wings for Marie live! OK, I should stop posting here seeing as I am not at the concert.. sorry moderator!

One Dark Flame
08-22-2006, 09:59 PM

And yet what did you just do??

AMF
08-22-2006, 10:00 PM

Friendly reminder to you!

*Shut up or I'll hang you as a Christmas ornament =)

BlueHalo
08-22-2006, 10:08 PM
And yet what did you just do??

IT WAS A REMINDER YOU STUPID DOUCHEBAG

BlueHalo
08-22-2006, 10:10 PM
HEY LOOK, A THREAD TO TALK ABOUT THE SHOW...

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=52367

One Dark Flame
08-22-2006, 10:15 PM
IT WAS A REMINDER YOU STUPID DOUCHEBAG

But when you informed everyone you joined the club. See the irony??

BlueHalo
08-22-2006, 10:17 PM
But when you informed everyone you joined the club. See the irony??

WELL, IF I DIDN'T POST THAT, THEN MORE DOUCHEBAGS WILL POST HERE WHEN THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD FOR IT. PLEASE STOP NOW.

AMF
08-22-2006, 10:20 PM
WELL, IF I DIDN'T POST THAT, THEN MORE DOUCHEBAGS WILL POST HERE WHEN THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD FOR IT. PLEASE STOP NOW.

Sheeeeeeeesh, will you lighten up a teensy bit? This isn't the military, "douchebag". And turn off capslock, you're gonna give someone a seizure lol.

anarcho-commie
08-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Sheeeeeeeesh, will you lighten up a teensy bit? This isn't the military, "douchebag". And turn off capslock, you're gonna give someone a seizure lol.

You dont understand mayn, CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.

BlueHalo
08-22-2006, 10:23 PM
STOP, OR DON'T. WHATEVER, OUR POSTS ARE GOING TO GET DELETED ANYWAY. AND YES, MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS BROKEN

begmetostay
08-22-2006, 10:33 PM
guys, shhhh wait for the reviews..... sooo close.

anarcho-commie
08-22-2006, 10:44 PM
GHHAA I CANT WAIT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!

*head explodes*

edit: oh god the dissappointment.

krzymom
08-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Just got back, set list was the same as Honolulu

Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Sober
Right In Two
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

New stage. Its a projection screen, but its smaller than the one they normally use and the stage itself is part of it, so it slinks down in a L shape. At least I think thats new, i've never really noticed that at Seattle.

Also flashing lights throughout, and green lasers near the end.

As for the concert itself, amazing as always, the bass was fucking nuts. I don't remember it resonating so loudly.

Holy shit momment of the night: Near the end, right after Lateralus they all sat at the middle of the stage as everyone started screaming. It was loud. This was for about 5 minutes i'd say.

Maynardisms: He said it was good to be back in his favourite english speaking city, something like that. He also complemented on our rising dollar, and suggested we invade USA before something (someone will fill that in i bet).

Hey did ISIS open for them?? If so, how were they??

Cid
08-22-2006, 10:48 PM
Just got back, set list was the same as Honolulu

Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Sober
Right In Two
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

please be joking!!!!!!!

As I've said, what I saw at the dress rehearsal was impressive. It's going to be different. The band will be mixing up the set list and doing some things they've never done before, but, again, let's not get too carried away here. After all, I don't want anyone thinking that what they are watching is a decoy performance.

guess blair was lying once again...

GradyWhite
08-22-2006, 10:57 PM
wow this same shit setlist. I hope its gonna be better the second time around =P

Cid
08-22-2006, 10:58 PM
wow this same shit setlist. I hope its gonna be better the second time around =P

it's going to be the same shit over and over......wow!!!

BlueHalo
08-22-2006, 11:04 PM
In the time it took to post my previous thread I see 2 complaints about the setlist...

Stop it. It was great. I knew going in what to expect and got it and was still blown away.

The ONLY thing that the complainers are looking for is "Wings" and "10,000 Days". I'm sure it'll be played eventually. I wanted to hear "10,000 Days"" more then anything but in the end, I did'nt miss it....or regret not hearing it.

WOW, YOU CAN READ OUR MINDS...NOT REALLY, HOW ABOUT PARABOLA, H, EULOGY, THE GRUDGE, THIRD EYE?????

thautis
08-22-2006, 11:04 PM
In the time it took to post my previous thread I see
The ONLY thing that the complainers are looking for is "Wings" and "10,000 Days". I'm sure it'll be played eventually. I wanted to hear "10,000 Days"" more then anything but in the end, I did'nt miss it....or regret not hearing it.

i disagree, i could go the rest of my life without hearing "wings/10000days" and be more than happy about it

i would like to see some of the older stuff and less of the new stuff

Cid
08-22-2006, 11:05 PM
The setlist isnt actually bad... I agree with unified the only thing else i wanted was 10,000 days...Still Tool is Tool.

it's the same setlist a lot of us have seen 3 or 4 times already though...this is supposed to be a different tour and blair posted news saying it will be different. i think i can be disappointed about this.

mrhand
08-22-2006, 11:07 PM
To everyone looking at the setlist and saying "it's the same etc"....believe me, it will totally blow you out of the water.

I was blown out of the water the first 3 times on the mini-tour. By the 4th and 5th times, I was still in the water, not having been blown out of it. If you think the 6th, 7th, and 8th times with basically the same songs are going to blow me out of the water, you haven't been paying attention.

GradyWhite
08-22-2006, 11:07 PM
no im tired of them just playing there singles in the same order night after night, and i dont want to hear wings or 10'000 days really at all. I have been wanting to see them play older material like eulogy, pushit, sweat or undertoe. I really have no idea why they cant break from this one setlist, its not like there other songs are that hard to play or hard to remember.Im sure they could nail them easily with a day of practice before a show.

unifiedtheory
08-22-2006, 11:10 PM
WOW, YOU CAN READ OUR MINDS...NOT REALLY, HOW ABOUT PARABOLA, H, EULOGY, THE GRUDGE, THIRD EYE?????

Well, considering this is a tour for 10,000 Days you don't have a hope of seeing any of those tracks.

If you want to see "H", "Eulogy" or "Third Eye" you should have gone to the "Ænema" tour.

I'm trying to figure out what some of you expect from this band. You want them to play 4 tracks from "Ænema", 4 from "Lateralus", a few from "Undertow" and all of the "10,000 Days" record.

That would be a 3 hour show. A band that plays with as much energy as TOOL can't go for that long.

GradyWhite
08-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Led Zeppelin used to play for 3 and a half hours strait without any breaks and they had more energy then tool

Cid
08-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Well, considering this is a tour for 10,000 Days you don't have a hope of seeing any of those tracks.

If you want to see "H", "Eulogy" or "Third Eye" you should have gone to the "Ænema" tour.

I'm trying to figure out what some of you expect from this band. You want them to play 4 tracks from "Ænema", 4 from "Lateralus", a few from "Undertow" and all of the "10,000 Days" record.

That would be a 3 hour show. A band that plays with as much energy as TOOL can't go for that long.

they can at least play different songs from each album. they don't have to play sober every fucking show. they don't have to play 46&2 every fucking show....switch it up. i know the new songs will be there, but switch up the old songs, change the order, do something different. it's getting ridiculous.

BlueHalo

UMM, NOT REALLY. HOW ABOUT REPLACE 46&2 WITH H.
SOBER WITH PARABOLA? AENEMA FOR EULOGY...EHHH?

OH YEAH, I DID SEE H, EULOGY, AND THIRD EYE DURING THE "LATERALUS" TOUR.

parabol4
Someone needs to clean up this thread.

unifiedtheory
08-22-2006, 11:14 PM
I was blown out of the water the first 3 times on the mini-tour. By the 4th and 5th times, I was still in the water, not having been blown out of it. If you think the 6th, 7th, and 8th times with basically the same songs are going to blow me out of the water, you haven't been paying attention.
So basically your'e saying that they should note your attendence at a show and play a new setlist for you each time?

I can tell some of you are not and have never been musicians. You can not just flip flop setlists night after night and keep it tight.

I've never heard people that are supposed to "love" a band so much bash them so much.

It was the 1st time I've seen them in 5 years. I'm happy as a pig in shit tonight. I think some of you are whining for the sake of doing so...

Faaip_de_Oiad
08-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Hey guys i'm going to the Calgary show and I was wondering, do they have chairs on the floor or is it standing room?
The reason i'm wondering is that I have floor tickets but they have a row and a seat number assigned to them.

Thanks.

clayton9610
08-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Hey guys i'm going to the Calgary show and I was wondering, do they have chairs on the floor or is it standing room?
The reason i'm wondering is that I have floor tickets but they have a row and a seat number assigned to them.

Thanks.

There are chairs on the floor.