swaps
06-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Tool
Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA
Sunday, August 27, 2006

slicknickshady
06-19-2006, 02:11 PM
http://www.kisw.com/

I live in michigan so i could care less but here are some details.

Tickets onsale June 24th.

$45.95, $55, and $65

Capacity 20,000.

GregoryWohlwend
06-19-2006, 05:46 PM
is this the beginning of the arena tour, and from what source did we get this information?

Chris_Brightwell
06-19-2006, 05:50 PM
is this the beginning of the arena tour, and from what source did we get this information?t.d.n/news

mrhubof
06-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Waaaaawhoooooo!!! Tool coming to the great Northwest!!!!!!! They love playing in the canyons of the GORGE!!!! Best place in the States to watch a concert.... Huge Stage, Great Sound, Beautiful Canyon Backdrop, Cool Temps, Great Bands.... You fools in the East don't know what you will be missing.... I'll be in a tent a minute away from the stage partying it up!!!!! Wish you could be there!!!!

disaxiom
06-20-2006, 12:57 AM
man this is perfect, i'm going to head down there for this for sure! i'm assuming by the size that they'll play a full setlist like for the arena tour? and will there be a supporting act?

omnitronic
06-20-2006, 09:14 AM
I have been to the Gorge for a bunch of shows. It is a fantastic night venue and a terrible day venue (no shade). The question I have is where is the reserved seating section? At most shows in a normal venue, the pit is up front and the seats are in the back. But at the Gorge, the seats are usually upfront and the GA is in the back on the grassy area. Anyone know what they are doing with this show?

racinjason
06-20-2006, 12:50 PM
I have been to the Gorge for a bunch of shows. It is a fantastic night venue and a terrible day venue (no shade). The question I have is where is the reserved seating section? At most shows in a normal venue, the pit is up front and the seats are in the back. But at the Gorge, the seats are usually upfront and the GA is in the back on the grassy area. Anyone know what they are doing with this show?

A radio dj here in Seattle said that the seating is up front. Have you been to the Gorge when the seating is up front? How far away is the grassy area? I don't want to be too far from the band.

dan
06-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Seating is up front, grass is pretty far back. I imagine they could just remove some chairs and make a more typical pit area.

omnitronic
06-20-2006, 02:08 PM
A radio dj here in Seattle said that the seating is up front. Have you been to the Gorge when the seating is up front? How far away is the grassy area? I don't want to be too far from the band.

Just what I thought. Well here is the thing about the Gorge. The only way to be up close to the band are in the seats. The grassy area is really far back. So for an up close experience, it looks like reserved seating. But, it you are on the grassy area, the advantage is that you get to take in the entire view of the Columbia River Gorge as the sun is setting and Tool is playing. The other advantage is that you can move around. I am almost thinking that I want to be on the grassy part so I can chill out and take it all in. I have been up close for a bunch of Tool shows, and I think this might be a different sort of experience. Hope to see you there!

evfain
06-20-2006, 03:02 PM
This might be lengthy, but this should have some good info for those not too familiar with The Gorge and all it's glory...

I'm trying to figure out where I want to see it too. Up close is always the initial reaction, but a place like The Gorge and it's GA section demands consideration. I wonder if they'd consider doing a special set list for it... most bands that go there end up playing much longer than normal shows (DMB play 3 hours a night, Pearl Jam last year played almost FIVE with a quadruple encore, no joke... then again they are from Seattle). The grassy area is awesome for seeing a show if you get there early, get in the middle, and cool out at it's low point since you get to take in the entire atmosphere that way. There is a middle section that is in between the reserved seating and the grassy area, where there are strips of land that descent while being separated by faces of rock. This is a happy medium if you want to get a bit closer; I *assume* these are the 55 dollar seats, but I'm not sure (for concerts like DMB, they are not considered GA). This area doesn't have seating, but the view isn't obstructed since the height between you and the next row is good.

Some other points of interest for those who are coming from further away from Seattle: first, it's not Seattle. It's a good two hours away. I strongly suggest camping on Sunday night (my plan is to go up Saturday just so I get there and have a free evening of beautiful camping). The food @ the gorge store is expensive, so I also suggest stopping in Ellensburg (about 30 minutes away) before to get yourself set up with delicious things to eat and drink. Drink especially should be bought, and snacks, but if you're not trying to BBQ and cook a meal, you don't really need to worry since at every show I've ever gone to some concert goers will set up shop and charge like 3 bucks for a burger (there is always a buncha other food you can buy through these good citizens. I've had crepes before...). There is also an additional camp area called Ghetty's Cove thats about 8-10 minutes away; it's smaller, more intimate, but it's not on the actual Gorge site and it means you'll have to pay for parking and wait forever in traffic to get back after the show ends. The Gorge camp police don't really bust you for weed if you're into smoking, but if you're underrage and look it, they DO check your shit out (many friends over the years have had to dump out their entire alcohol stash when security rolls up). Kegs are frowned upon too. Other than that I've found if you keep to yourself and your group, and don't start shit, you can get away with whatever.

One final note: get a ticket. A couple years ago, the Gorge was super easy to sneak into. Now, they have cops circling the areas outside, and I've seen people get beat down with my own eyes. Plus, the area right outside the gorge is either private property or government protected environmental land (there is some rare plant there) so you just wont get an unpleasant experience, you'll be thrown in jail and have your mug shot taken. Plus it's totally worth the price, believe me. I've gone to countless shows there and this will probably top them all so you better believe I want to do it right, and have anyone who is willing to listen and down with Tool to it right too!

Any other questions, don't be afraid to ask. Not like I'm the authority on the subject, but I've been there a bunch...

disaxiom
06-21-2006, 01:53 AM
i figure i'm gonna try and get floor seats at the vancouver show, and if they're sold out i'm gonna try the gorge for either the bottom or top part, it looks amazing

forty6n2
06-22-2006, 08:30 AM
im really happy theyre playing an outdoor show. however, im not so happy about the decision i have to make concerning whether i want to be up front or in the back. especially since im coming from vancouver which is over 4 hours away and it will be my first tool show. yay. i missed them in tacoma a while back and i was on house arrest for the seattle show.

anyway, i have a question about joining the tool army and pre ordering tickets and everything. can anyone tell me how that works and if you think it matters at the gorge since it can hold 20,000? also, how does the sound differ from the front and from the lawn?

i thought id ask since im about to pay the forty bucks, but tickets go on sale in 48 hours anyway so i dont know if it matters at all. if you can give me some info quick id really appreciate it

rgardjr
06-22-2006, 08:53 AM
It's been a while since I've been to a Gorge show. Do they still let you bring in low profile lawn chairs? Seating chart for those who care:

http://www.hob.com/venues/concerts/gorge/seating.asp

I think the terrace lawn area will be GA:

"3. GENERAL ADMISSION - not assigned seating, grass terraced lawn and lawn festival seating. Get the best GA seats by entering the early entry gate."

More detailed seating chart for the golden circle/reserved seating:

http://www.hob.com/venues/concerts/gorge/guideback.pdf

Again, anyone know for sure about low profile lawn chairs?

Thanks-
Rick

racinjason
06-22-2006, 01:59 PM
im really happy theyre playing an outdoor show. however, im not so happy about the decision i have to make concerning whether i want to be up front or in the back. especially since im coming from vancouver which is over 4 hours away and it will be my first tool show. yay. i missed them in tacoma a while back and i was on house arrest for the seattle show.

anyway, i have a question about joining the tool army and pre ordering tickets and everything. can anyone tell me how that works and if you think it matters at the gorge since it can hold 20,000? also, how does the sound differ from the front and from the lawn?

i thought id ask since im about to pay the forty bucks, but tickets go on sale in 48 hours anyway so i dont know if it matters at all. if you can give me some info quick id really appreciate it

I'm a member of the Tool army, and so far there's no pre-order. From what I've read on the message boards, people don't think it's gonna happen.

omnitronic
06-22-2006, 03:10 PM

There were presales back for the Lateralus tours, but so far, 10,000 Days has given Toolarmy members nothing for their 40 bucks.

evfain
06-22-2006, 04:27 PM
About the lawn chairs: I've seen the real low ones for shows at Dave Mattewes Band, so if that's what you're talking about, then I'm pretty sure it's game on.

Also some important news, according to Ticketmaster, this isn't a camping event. That fucking sucks. I'm going to try and call Ghetty's Cove tomorrow to see if they're going to be up and running, and I'll post what I find here. It makes very little sense to me to allow for no camping since I've actually gone and camped at the Gorge site when there is NO concert that night, so this is all very odd to me.

eknal
06-22-2006, 07:44 PM
I live in Ellensburg. I can't believe that I'm only going to have a 30 min. drive to see the best band on the earth play at the greatest venue in the country.

and four days later, I'm going to Dave Matthews on opening night.

I love the Gorge. You all are missing out if you live far, far away.

racinjason
06-23-2006, 12:15 AM
About the lawn chairs: I've seen the real low ones for shows at Dave Mattewes Band, so if that's what you're talking about, then I'm pretty sure it's game on.

Also some important news, according to Ticketmaster, this isn't a camping event. That fucking sucks. I'm going to try and call Ghetty's Cove tomorrow to see if they're going to be up and running, and I'll post what I find here. It makes very little sense to me to allow for no camping since I've actually gone and camped at the Gorge site when there is NO concert that night, so this is all very odd to me.

Definitely let us know, cuz I was planning on camping there. The thought of nothing but Tool fans camping in one place sounds like a damn good time. What has everyone decided about the tickets they're buying(seated vs ga)? I'm still undecided.

evfain
06-23-2006, 01:28 AM
Here's an update for everyone: according to the Getty's Cove site, they allow for camping on any weekend. So, at the absolute least, you can go there, but I suggest reserving in advance (I'll be doing this myself sometime in the next few days). I was with some friends who are going to the show tonight, and one claimed to see a two day camp pass availible for the Tool show, and we got into a little debate about it. It specifically says "THIS IS NOT A CAMPING EVENT" on ticketmaster, but he maintains his side of the story. So more investigation is needed. But like I siad, worse case scenario there is another spot, and Getty's Cove is still damn cool.

As for seats, considering I was with five good buddies who are all going, we still couldn't figure it out. It may seem like an easy decision but if you've been to the Gorge, you know it really isn't. Regardless of what you get it'll be amazing, so it's one of those really nice problems to have...

mrhubof
06-23-2006, 06:19 AM
Can somebody call the Gorge management to find out if this is a camping event or not. I don't trust ticketmaster for concert details. They only provide the tickets.

forty6n2
06-23-2006, 07:41 AM
There were presales back for the Lateralus tours, but so far, 10,000 Days has given Toolarmy members nothing for their 40 bucks.

damn, thats weak. im glad i didnt join now, im gonna need all the cash i can get.

anyhow, how much is it to camp at this so called ghettys cove? and where do i get directions and whatnot? it sucks i wont be able to do any type of partying since im taking my dad with me, or really he's taking me, im just paying for his ticket.

and is the front seating assigned? or do you have to fight for chairs or what?

omnitronic
06-23-2006, 08:22 AM
Does anybody know what regular parking costs? "PREMIER PARKING" is f&*%king $25! I guess you get a $5 hotdog with that. WTF? Anyway, if I just drove to the show and paid to park when I get there, what is the normal price?

eknal
06-23-2006, 09:09 AM
Does anybody know what regular parking costs? "PREMIER PARKING" is f&*%king $25! I guess you get a $5 hotdog with that. WTF? Anyway, if I just drove to the show and paid to park when I get there, what is the normal price?

General parking is free.

Just remember where your damn car is. i can't tell you how many times a gorge concert has ended, and I literally have to wait for most of the other cars to leave just so that I can find mine. i big grass field makes it difficult to accurately pinpoint where you parked cause it all looks the same.

It also probably doesn't help that I'm usually pretty stoned at that point....

omnitronic
06-23-2006, 12:05 PM
General parking is free.

Just remember where your damn car is. i can't tell you how many times a gorge concert has ended, and I literally have to wait for most of the other cars to leave just so that I can find mine. i big grass field makes it difficult to accurately pinpoint where you parked cause it all looks the same.

It also probably doesn't help that I'm usually pretty stoned at that point....

Thanks!

mrhubof
06-23-2006, 05:43 PM
Where are people reading that this a no camping concert. I went to the gorge website and it says the campground is open 24 hours daily!!!
You can purchase camping tickets on ticketmaster:
Information:
THIS IS NOT A PARKING EVENT! NO WILL CALL!
This event is for camping the nights on the tickets text only!
2 DAY PASS: Patrons who purchase Saturday night camping must purchase Sunday night as well ($80 Standard, $120 Premier). If the patron leaves before 12pm Sunday, they will receive a rebate, for the day unattended, on their way out of the campground.
The Rules:
* Campers' vehicles may not exit and re-enter campground.
* Campers must have concert ticket or intention to buy one.
* There is no camping on unauthorized state wildlife areas. Do not camp along the Columbia River in these protected areas.
* No fireworks – we are in a fire danger area.
* No large parties, open fires, firearms or pets.
* No alcohol allowed in public areas.
* Checkout time is 12 Noon the next day.

disaxiom
06-23-2006, 07:35 PM
says you can buy camping tickets for tool actually

racinjason
06-23-2006, 08:13 PM
says you can buy camping tickets for tool actually

I think they just put that up, I didn't see that before.

omnitronic
06-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Yeah, it is new. It used to say it was a no camping event.

omnitronic
06-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Is anyone going to need a ride to this event? My buddy pulled out because he cannot stand the hassle of the Gorge. I kind of understand...but it's Tool. So here is the deal: I will be driving from Seattle the day of the show in a little pickup truck that can hold one other person comfortably and two others somewhat uncomfortably. My vision is splitting the price of gas and the camping space the night of the show to make this concert a little more manageable on everyone's wallets. Does the camping sell out? Can I wait on buying it until later?

eknal
06-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Is anyone going to need a ride to this event? My buddy pulled out because he cannot stand the hassle of the Gorge. I kind of understand...but it's Tool. So here is the deal: I will be driving from Seattle the day of the show in a little pickup truck that can hold one other person comfortably and two others somewhat uncomfortably. My vision is splitting the price of gas and the camping space the night of the show to make this concert a little more manageable on everyone's wallets. Does the camping sell out? Can I wait on buying it until later?

What does your buddy mean by "hassle"????

The Gorge is pretty damn straightforward and easy to get in and out of. No more than any other venue!

Anyways, seeing that this is TOOL, i doubt you'll have a problem finding someone to take you up on your offer.

Good luck, And i'll at least be there with ya.

Wow I can't wait.

I'm still surprised that they are playing the Gorge!!!

racinjason
06-23-2006, 11:42 PM

I was wondering about the camping tickets, also. I'm still not sure if I'm going to camp there, or the other place on the river(can't remember the name). Where is everyone else camping out? Has anyone had a problem buying camping tickets close to the date? Also, I know I've posted this a few times, but what's the final verdict...seats or ga?

tempathy
06-24-2006, 12:09 AM
i'll be taking a friend with me, if it's just us i won't end up camping 2 nights but if i get 2 others (or more) interested in carpooling, splitting gas and camp admission, i'll be down for that. i'll be coming from portland..we can take my car but it's a 2 door fastback. so i'd prefer to go with someone else. pm me if you're interested and we'll work from there - this is only if you want to camp as well, otherwise i'll be haulin up there in my own car.

eknal
06-24-2006, 01:04 AM
I was wondering about the camping tickets, also. I'm still not sure if I'm going to camp there, or the other place on the river(can't remember the name). Where is everyone else camping out? Has anyone had a problem buying camping tickets close to the date? Also, I know I've posted this a few times, but what's the final verdict...seats or ga?

just FYI, from my experience, I don't think they really enfore rules against "bootleg" camping at all for the most part. Just park in GA, then walk your way over to the campgrounds and have a blast. Drink, smoke weed, do whatever. Just do it inside of a tent and you wont get bothered.

That's usually my game plan.

racinjason
06-24-2006, 01:49 AM
We all should decide on the same campground and meet up. I think I've decided on seats for the show since someone on TA gave me the suggestion of bringing binoculars if I'm in GA. Is anyone else coming from the Kitsap County/Gig Harbor area?

mrhubof
06-24-2006, 08:04 AM
Only one hour remains until tickets are onsale!!!! I will be getting upfront seating.... You can always get up and check out the other seating areas... Then you can get right back up there with the band...

racinjason
06-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Good luck with the tickets everyone!!

mike_d1234
06-24-2006, 09:16 AM
section B, row 35. not too bad. should be an outstanding night in eastern washington.

tempathy
06-24-2006, 09:18 AM
this is gonna ruleeee now we gotta wait 2 months. sigh. hope everyone gets tickets ok :) got 3 ga tix.

mrhubof
06-24-2006, 09:19 AM
ticketmaster sucks man.... it took ten minutes from when i logged on at 10. Got section C row 13, seats 17 and 18. Behind the golden circle, whatever the hell that is.

mike_d1234
06-24-2006, 09:27 AM
ticketmaster sucks man.... it took ten minutes from when i logged on at 10. Got section C row 13, seats 17 and 18. Behind the golden circle, whatever the hell that is.

that's about where i sat for Tom Petty at the Gorge a few mos ago. hopefully you wont have the fucking speakers obstructing your view like they were mine.

...by the way, i dont like Petty. went for the wifey. so that could have been part of me being so pissed about sitting there staring at a speaker for 2 hours listening to music i dont even enjoy

omnitronic
06-24-2006, 09:33 AM
Anybody know what the "golden circle" is??? If I have row 12 behind the golden circle, does that mean I am 12 rows from the stage, or does that mean I am way the fuck back there?

racinjason
06-24-2006, 09:46 AM
Anybody know what the "golden circle" is??? If I have row 12 behind the golden circle, does that mean I am 12 rows from the stage, or does that mean I am way the fuck back there?

I think it's from the stage. Damn, I got row 22.

evfain
06-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Ticketmaster can fuck themselves. I got up early, went to stand in line, and they have this lotto garbage now. Guess being out of the country for a while means I missed some changes like this. Of course my group got killed. Of course reserved seating for two sold out 10 minutes after they went on sale. Of course it was my turn in line to find out this information.

But, this matters little because GA is going to rule faces and I'll be able to sit and move around easier. Also I'm glad we figured out that they have camping there, I knew it was odd to see the earlier THIS IS NOT A CAMPING EVENT...

Poolzer
06-24-2006, 09:51 AM
Golden circle is the 1st 5 rows I believe (its been a decade since my last gorge show, may be as much as 10 rows) and are normally reserved for radio station winners, fan clubs, big wigs, cooler than we are people etc.

omnitronic
06-24-2006, 09:54 AM
So if I am in sec C, row 12, seat 24...am I going to be looking at a speaker all night?

eknal
06-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Sweet! Got two GA tix for my girlie and I.

My friends who we are meeting up with had no trouble snagging 4 tix.

Honestly, I prefer GA to the seated tix. Unless you are hoping that some of Maynard's ball sweat will fly off and land on you, GA allows much more freedom, and regardless of where you are, you're gonna be able to see see the stage, the band and the beautiful scenery behind them just PERFECT. I CAN'T WAIT!!

maneva
06-24-2006, 10:59 AM
got 5 lawn tickets. i wanted reserved seating but couldn't get any, but i think i may enjoy the ga tickets more anyways.

anyone know the capacity for the gorge? just curious as to whether or not tickets will sell out, i know it's a huge venue.

TheEpicurus
06-24-2006, 11:11 AM
TOOL will be my first concert at the gorge, I gotta couple of questions for all you vets.

1.) How bad is security?-is it easy to smoke a bowl? I plan on doing a bit of that

2.) Anyone have any idea if TOOL will play an expanded setlist? (as opposed to their typical 1.5 hour)

3.) Is the 25dollar parking pass neccessary?

4.) If you're gonna go to the Gorge to see Tool and you wanna match some greenz HIT ME UP

Poolzer
06-24-2006, 11:12 AM
cap. is 20k

In recent years The George security has become ever so tyrannical, tehy have civilian clothes guys walking around 'watching' in the lawn g/a area. Its easier to get away with things in the reserve seating below.

The parking is necessary, everything else around the gorge is private property or govt land and neither have parking areas.

TheEpicurus
06-24-2006, 11:17 AM
So this isn't the venue where (like I did at Robert Plant when he was at the Chateau St. Michelle's) you can just spark up as you watch the show? Looks like I'll have to use the bathrooms to get my bowlage on

eknal
06-24-2006, 11:42 AM
So if I am in sec C, row 12, seat 24...am I going to be looking at a speaker all night?

I'm not sure about the gorge, but at other venues i've been to (namely when I saw tool @ key arena in 2001, where the band was TOTALLY blocked by the speakers) all that I had to do was go to the ticket counter, explain the situation, and they gave me a brand new set of tickets with a kick-ass view.

Just a thought...

eknal
06-24-2006, 11:44 AM
So this isn't the venue where (like I did at Robert Plant when he was at the Chateau St. Michelle's) you can just spark up as you watch the show? Looks like I'll have to use the bathrooms to get my bowlage on

The Gorge might be the most herb friendly venue in the country. I've smoked many-a-times there with absolutely no problems. In fact, if you're down infront of the stage where it's really crowded, it's rare to NOT have someone pass you a doobie. (when ben harper played Burn one Down, it was like an atmospheric hotbox)

I've also smoked openly right on the grass hill with people all around, and in the camping areas with people walking by constantly.

Of the few people I know who have had any trouble from security, all that happened was the weed/pipes were confiscated. This asshole college guy that i know works security there, and he seriously just pockets all the weed that he confiscates for himself.

Don't worry about finding a place to smoke.

Also, getting weed through their "security" check is no problem. Just be smart. Put it in your boxers or something.

eknal
06-24-2006, 11:50 AM
TOOL will be my first concert at the gorge, I gotta couple of questions for all you vets.

1.) How bad is security?-is it easy to smoke a bowl? I plan on doing a bit of that

2.) Anyone have any idea if TOOL will play an expanded setlist? (as opposed to their typical 1.5 hour)

3.) Is the 25dollar parking pass neccessary?

4.) If you're gonna go to the Gorge to see Tool and you wanna match some greenz HIT ME UP

No, the $25 parking pass is not necessary. General parking is free.

Knowing Tool, I DOUBT that they'll play anything longer than what they usually do. But god, wouldn't it be sweet.....

And for matching some greens, of course I'm down!

eknal
06-24-2006, 11:53 AM
The parking is necessary, everything else around the gorge is private property or govt land and neither have parking areas.

Uhhhmmmm... i've been to quite a few concerts at the Gorge and Parking has always been free. I never have and never would pay $25 just to park.

So are you sure about this $25 fee? I may be incorrect....

evfain
06-24-2006, 12:06 PM

No, the GA section really is massive, just don't be on the perimeters and you should be fine.

Poolzer
06-24-2006, 01:09 PM
you're right....gone spacy..no the 25 dollar parking isnt required, it just gets you closer...plenty of free parking on the premises!

disaxiom
06-24-2006, 01:23 PM
section A row 24, good enough for me! man i can't wait for this concert!!

TheEpicurus
06-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Right on, I'll definitly be passin doobies in the front with ya eknal.

What 1 song are you guys hoping to hear?
-10,000 days (wings pt2) for me. I've heard they haven't played this song yet.

Poolzer
06-24-2006, 04:06 PM
They've sound checked it from what reviewers overseas have said, so assuming it'll debut when they get to the US/CANADA

Hippo
06-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Got some GA tickets... I really hope they play 10,000 Days. That'd pretty much make my year. Or decade.

eknal
06-24-2006, 06:19 PM
I also, really, really want to hear 10,000 days.

other than that, Pushit or The Grudge would be excellent.

(I've also got a deep, deep down hope that for some reason they decide to play Cold and Ugly. But it's not gonna happen.)

eknal
06-24-2006, 06:20 PM
They've sound checked it from what reviewers overseas have said, so assuming it'll debut when they get to the US/CANADA

Where'd you get the info that they've soundchecked it? I'm assuming somewhere on this board?

Poolzer
06-24-2006, 08:17 PM
read the 2006/06/22 - Bologna, ITA - Palamalaguti review,posts 8 and 11 talk about it.

Theman22
06-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Or so I heard, but jeez that places holds 20,000! How long did it take?

pryingopenmybrowneye
06-24-2006, 09:15 PM
they didn't yet... i still could find 2 tix in general admission... give it a few more days

eknal
06-25-2006, 12:00 AM
read the 2006/06/22 - Bologna, ITA - Palamalaguti review,posts 8 and 11 talk about it.

excellent. thank you.

forty6n2
06-25-2006, 01:33 AM
i had a god damn adventure tryin to get my tickets, i went to gi joes and stood in like and they couldnt connect to ticketmaster so i had to ride my bicycle to two different fred meyers and i made it just before ten. good tickets sold out after the first person. lawn will be all right though.

is it hard to get up front on the lawn? should i pay for parking so i can get in early and set up camp so i'm sure for a good spot or what?

mrhubof
06-25-2006, 09:24 AM
So, if the concert starts at 8pm what time will people start trickeling into the Gorge area. I am thinking about 5 to go down to my seats, but that might be to early. What do you guys think.

evfain
06-25-2006, 12:58 PM
So, if the concert starts at 8pm what time will people start trickeling into the Gorge area. I am thinking about 5 to go down to my seats, but that might be to early. What do you guys think.

If you have seats it really isn't going to matter as much. For us GA folk, I'm going to camp overnight like I mentioned earlier and when I wake up, go to the actual venue and start waiting. I know exactly where I'm trying to be for the grass.

soreal
06-25-2006, 01:51 PM
fuck yeah, this is gonna be an amazing show.

i have GA tickets ill trade for good seta is anyone wants a GA. i live in spokane.

mrhubof
06-25-2006, 05:33 PM
if i have a speaker in my view, ill trade you the day of. ;)

omnitronic
06-25-2006, 06:04 PM
If I have reserved seats, and a speaker is in my way, can I go into the GA area? Or do you need a GA ticket to get back on the lawn?

omnitronic
06-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Does anyone know the name of that website where one can type in their venue and row/seat number and it shows a picture of the stage from that seat? I have looked at it before but cannot for the life of me remember what the site is called.

TheEpicurus
06-25-2006, 06:26 PM
Anyone down to get a group together and toke up in a tent before the show starts???? That'd be sick. I got some blueberry I'm savin'!!! Send me a PM and I'll get a list of people 2gether

The 801
06-25-2006, 07:38 PM

I have the same question. I'm in sec B row 18 . But also two others, it's been a long time since I have gone to the Gorge:

1) I have a single ticket in Sec C as well. I realize these are all reserved seats in this area, but once the band starts playing, in your experience, will someone sitting alone in the Sec. C seat be able to move about with some freedom? Or will the security be too tight to allow them moving up and hanging with us up closer?

2) Do cell phones work out there?

TIA

Rtag
06-25-2006, 07:41 PM
Does anyone know the name of that website where one can type in their venue and row/seat number and it shows a picture of the stage from that seat? I have looked at it before but cannot for the life of me remember what the site is called.

Hey I was lookin for the same site. I've got Section A Row 23, and was concerned about speakers blockin the view. I googled for about 20 minutes and couldn't find it. Anyone know the site name?

omnitronic
06-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Hey I was lookin for the same site. I've got Section A Row 23, and was concerned about speakers blockin the view. I googled for about 20 minutes and couldn't find it. Anyone know the site name?

I found the one I was talking about which is called seatadvisor.com, but they don't have any info on the Gorge or GM Place up in Vancouver! Damn. I can't find anything anywhere about my seats, but I think I am going to be way way way over on the side so I am really freaking about the speakers. The only thing I could find was some dude's blog about seeing Roger Waters at the Gorge. He had Sec C row 18 seats 28 and 29. The only thing he said about the view was that it was much much closer to the stage than most 18th row shows. He said he had 12th row at the Key Arena for Yes and that his 18th row Gorge tix were much closer. That was all he said. No complaints about speakers, but who knows...

Keep searching and let me know what you find out...I will do the same.

omnitronic
06-25-2006, 08:04 PM
I have the same question. I'm in sec B row 18 . But also two others, it's been a long time since I have gone to the Gorge:

1) I have a single ticket in Sec C as well. I realize these are all reserved seats in this area, but once the band starts playing, in your experience, will someone sitting alone in the Sec. C seat be able to move about with some freedom? Or will the security be too tight to allow them moving up and hanging with us up closer?

2) Do cell phones work out there?

TIA

From everything I have uncoverd on the net, it looks like you are 18 rows from the stage in the center! Nice fucking tickets. I am row 12, but way over on the side. As far as moving about...I really don't know. I have never been to a reserved show at the Gorge before.

Cell phones? I think they work fine.

NumbAnomaly
06-25-2006, 09:31 PM
okay.....i think i can answer EVERYONES questions. ive been to the gorge (and camped) 25+ times.

1) the best place to camp is BY FAR the gorge campground. it may cost 40 bucks a night, but just think of that as 'cover charge' for a party with 1,500 to 3,000 other people. if you want to smoke, just use some common sense and keep it on the dl. go in the tent if you want to be really safe. the campground security is far more concerned about underage drinking than the ganja.

2) if you have GA, try to get there early. THE GORGE IS NOT SYMMETRICAL! the best and closest GA area are the tiers that are to the lower left of the stage (if youre facing it). most people dont even look down there!

3) TRY to get seats on the floor. the WORST seat on the floor is at least 100 feet CLOSER than the BEST seat on the grass.

4) im putting this baby to rest right now - there are NO obstructed views at the gorge. ...unless youre a midget.

5) ANYBODY can go into the GA area at any time.

6) seating assingments are pretty strict on the floor usually.

7) most cell phones work at the gorge. (farther away from the stage the better)

8) its easy to sneak things in if youre smart about it, and most of the time they will let you bring food in. you can sometimes bring in empty water bottles too. there are a bunch of places to get drinkable water for FREE.

9) i can ABSOLUTLEY match some greens!

.....post or pm if you have further questions

disaxiom
06-26-2006, 01:14 AM
thanks for all the info! i was kinda worried there'd be obstructed views

JOHNBLAZE
06-26-2006, 06:56 AM
i have 2 GA tickets looking to trade for any other tickets will make it worth your while, going to be a badass show

omnitronic
06-26-2006, 09:41 AM
okay.....i think i can answer EVERYONES questions. ive been to the gorge (and camped) 25+ times.

1) the best place to camp is BY FAR the gorge campground. it may cost 40 bucks a night, but just think of that as 'cover charge' for a party with 1,500 to 3,000 other people. if you want to smoke, just use some common sense and keep it on the dl. go in the tent if you want to be really safe. the campground security is far more concerned about underage drinking than the ganja.

2) if you have GA, try to get there early. THE GORGE IS NOT SYMMETRICAL! the best and closest GA area are the tiers that are to the lower left of the stage (if youre facing it). most people dont even look down there!

3) TRY to get seats on the floor. the WORST seat on the floor is at least 100 feet CLOSER than the BEST seat on the grass.

4) im putting this baby to rest right now - there are NO obstructed views at the gorge. ...unless youre a midget.

7) most cell phones work at the gorge. (farther away from the stage the better)

8) its easy to sneak things in if youre smart about it, and most of the time they will let you bring food in. you can sometimes bring in empty water bottles too. there are a bunch of places to get drinkable water for FREE.

9) i can ABSOLUTLEY match some greens!

.....post or pm if you have further questions

Thank you so much for all the info. I have been waiting for a Gorge veteran to come with the facts. I have been there a few times but always for GA shows. All very good info. I am really happy about the empty water bottle thing. I DO NOT want to get fleeced for water.

Coren
06-26-2006, 02:49 PM
For those still searching for tickets, it looks like they opened up some more, had some cancelations, or whatever, as more GA are available (and it was sold out last night). GA seems to be the best they've got for right now, though.

omnitronic
06-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Found this on a Dave Matthews message board. The plot thickens over the reserved seats on the side and the possible obstructed views. I don't know what to think. Someone on this board said the seats are fine, but I am not convinced:

"The reserved seating is in the lower third of the amphitheater. It has a concrete floor and folding chairs that are sometimes tied together to create seating rows. Often these chairs are not attached to each other so they can be folded up and stacked to the side if you and your neighbors would rather stand and dance during the show. Seats on the side of the reserved section can have poor sightlines and sound quality. Try to avoid seats with low numbers in section A and seats with high numbers in section C. Anything in the middle will have excellent sightlines and sound, with the best sound (naturally) near the sound board. There is sometimes a taper’s section just to the right of the sound board.

The upper two-thirds of the amphitheater is the lawn and general admission. The lawn seating is steeply sloped, so sightlines are good. It’s a long way from the top of the bowl to the stage, so bring binoculars if you want to see what’s going on down on the stage. I’ve experienced some instances where the sound system for the upper bowl has failed, resulting in horrible sound quality. As always the light show is best from up high, as is the view of the river, sunset and the surrounding terrain – which as mentioned before is simply spectacular. You can only see unspoiled wilderness and rangeland from the amphitheater. You are truly in the middle of nowhere, which is part of the draw of the Gorge.

Looking at the stage, to the left of the stage is a concession area and a sea of Porta-Potties, as well as the VIP lounge/bar. To the right of the stage and about halfway up the bowl is the largest concession area. Behind this concession area is a beer garden and a food court. You cannot see the stage from this area. There is also another small concession area behind the top of the bowl. There are Porta-Potties at all of these locations.

The entrance to the amphitheater has tight security. You will need to empty your water bottles prior to entering the venue. Contraband can be smuggled in if you’re smart about it, but generally your coolers, booze, chairs and cameras will be confiscated at the gate."

omnitronic
06-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Here is some camping info I found on the same site for those that are unsure what to do about camping the night of the show:

"Gorge Amphitheater Campground – Yes it's a big meadow with more Porta-Potties than you'll ever see. It also has sinks with running water, and garbage pick-up. There are showers and a small general store on site. It has room for literally tens of thousands of cars. It has no shade – bring your own tarp. It's about a 20 minute walk from the campground to the Amphitheater. It's the only campground you can walk to/from the venue. It costs $30 per car per night, so if you have a 15 passenger van or an RV, obviously your per person costs will be less than if you show up on a motorcycle. There is no rhyme and reason to where the parking security folks will make you park. However, once they've put you in a spot and filled in an area, you are free to move to another part of the campground if you'd like to camp with friends or in a different area. They won't let you save spots for friends who haven't arrived yet. Like life, security only finds the stupid ones. As Forrest Gump said, “stupid is as stupid does”. If you're discreet, you'll have fun. If you feel the need to bring five kegs and a PA system for your stereo, you will draw the attention of security and the county sheriff. On the other hand, if you keep your stereo turned down to a reasonable level, keep your alcohol in colored plastic cups (as opposed to bottles and cans) and smoke your weed out of sight, you’ll be fine. Be discreet and the cops and security will leave you alone – just like the real world!

Wild Horses Campground – This campground is located approximately one mile from the amphitheater. It’s similar to the official Gorge campground in that vehicles will be closely parked together and you’re camping on grass. There are a few trees here, breaking the wind and providing some morning and afternoon shade. At mid-day you’ll still be roasting in the blazing sun. They provide a shuttle service to the amphitheater from the campground. It’s a little more controlled setting than the amphitheater campground.

Ginko-Wanapum State Park – This State Park campground along the Columbia River is the nicest place to camp for a show at the Gorge – except that you must drive to and from the show – about a 30 minute drive. The park is south of I-90 on the west side of the river. It’s about a 10 minute drive from I-90. The campground is gorgeous, with lush grass, lots of trees for shade and windbreak, a boat launch, a nice beach, clean restrooms and showers, etc. This is the first campground to book up, so act fast if you find sites available on-line (www.parks.wa.gov).

Potholes State Park – This State Park also has nice facilities, however it’s about an hour’s drive to and from the venue. It’s on Potholes Reservoir, has a boat launch, a nice swimming beach, and some nice grassy campsites. It also has some not so nice campsites with lots of gravel and snake-infested tall grass, weeds and shrubs.

Getty’s Cove Campground – Located about five miles further down the road than Ginko-Wanapum State Park, Getty’s Cove is a poor choice. While they provide a shuttle service to the amphitheater, the campground is dirty, dusty, and cramped. It looks more like a trailer park from redneck-land than it does a nice campground.

Vantage Campground – Located right along I-90 in the rest-area town of Vantage, the campground has access to the river. The sites are on lush grass but are exposed to sun and wind. Also, you will hear the roar of traffic on nearby I-90 24 hours a day.

There are also a few spots along the river where you can drive off the highway and find a place to park your car and set up a tent. These places are on the east side of the river, just south of I-90. These sites are dusty and windy. Keep in mind you are in rattlesnake country. But the price is right.

I hope this information is helpful to those planning on attending the DMB shows at the Gorge."

And another review:

"Wildhorse - haven't stayed there. Pro - VERY close to the venue. Con - not much shade or grass, from the looks of it. No river access. Probably worth a look.

Getty's - stayed there in 2001. Had a good time, good group of DMB fans. There are some good sites along the entrance, maybe 20-25 sites, the majority are in a pit in the middle affectionately called the Ghetto. Fun to party when we were there, but when we stopped by in 04 they gave us a big hassle about coming in to visit other friends. Sounds like the ownership has changed recently and they're cracking down a bit. Good river access, plus a bridge to jump off. :)

Ginko Wanapum - Stayed there in 2002. Really nice place, good grass and tree cover, good amount of DMB fans. Pretty lax on partying, although there was a security presence, and they gave us a hard time more than once. I would stay here again. Decent river access.

Vantage - Stayed here in 2003, 2005, and will be again this year. Good location, decent sites, great people to party with, owners and security very easygoing. Plus it's $10/night per person, and they don't require a deposit. Good river access about 2 blocks away. This is where I like to stay.

Crescent Bar - stayed there in 2004, and will NEVER go back. Nice sites, but they wouldn't let you camp on the grass. Had to pitch tents on the gravel driveways. Sprinklers came on every night and soaked the tents. No noise allowed after 10pm, and people got booted. Awesome river access, and minimal wind, but not worth it for a campground run by Nazis.

Venue Campground - haven't statyed there. From what I have heard, very difficult to go in and out, and a decent security presence. Plus it's in an open field, so there's not much protection from the sun during the day. Sounds like a good party, and it's walking distance from the venue, but it's got it's drawbacks. And no river access.

That's the best I can do off the top of my head. Anyone else feel free to chip in with more/other details."

omnitronic
06-26-2006, 04:59 PM
This is the best seating chart I have been able to uncover so far. (http://folks.harbornet.com/ledjam/gorgeseatingchart.JPG) The rows are curved. Looks like if you had row 5 seat 42 you would essentially have front row seats.

The 801
06-27-2006, 09:38 AM
okay.....i think i can answer EVERYONES questions. ive been to the gorge (and camped) 25+ times......post or pm if you have further questions

Thanks much for the info. This will be my 4th Tool show, the most recent being down at Coachella a few months ago, and they smoked! :O)

What about the in and out urge? I mean, if I'm in the GA partying up a bit, can I make my way into the reserved area again? Move back and forth? Or is that a no-no?

So you think that once my friend in Section C is seated, she won't be able to move up to join us due to the security? Hmmm. So that suggests that the down front area won't be allowed to get too moshy what with all the seats and all? Otherwise I'd think a move up would be do-able, no?

Thanks again!!!

NumbAnomaly
06-27-2006, 01:26 PM
"if I'm in the GA partying up a bit, can I make my way into the reserved area again?"

YES. as long as you have your ticket, you can leave your seat and return as many times as you want. go piss, eat, hang out in GA....whatever.

now, heres a tip........if you want to sneak your friends down into the seats with you, wait until the show starts, and if there are any open seats on your row, ask if the seat is taken. if not, run back up to GA (with 2 floor tickets- borrow one if you have to) and grab one of your friends. hand your friend the borrowed stub, and the security will let you both into the seated area. have them take the open seat, and enjoy!.........repeat as desired.

mrhubof
06-27-2006, 04:56 PM
No one better not take my open seat when I am hanging in the GA. I would fucking kill somebody. You don't do that shit, its uncool.

omnitronic
06-27-2006, 05:26 PM
If I see an open seat that is better than mine, I am taking it. But if the rightful owner shows up I will politely forfeit my position. ;) My seat is way over on the side so I may have to employ this tactic to actually see the band.

Coren
06-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Appreciate that seating chart, far better than anything the Gorge itself or Ticketmaster is providing.

Does anyone know how far back (feetwise) that puts the GA section?

omnitronic
06-27-2006, 08:02 PM
I have heard it is about 100 feet back from the floor and then goes on for a long time.

jonnyroofer
06-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Anyone driving from Vancouver for this show? I MIGHT not be able to find a crew go with... If this is the case I might have to find a ride. Which means of course that i will have extra GA tickets...

eknal
06-28-2006, 03:22 PM
To everyone with GA tickets who is worrying about having a bad view.

Don't worry. That's the beauty of the Gorge. Your view will be amazing, especially once you consider the incredible scenery behind the stage that Tool will be playing on. You will be able to take it all in, and the sound is pretty damn good aswell.

You'll be able to see the band. Don't worry!

On top of all that, I personally find it MUCH more enjoyable to sprawl myself out on a blanket on a nice grass hillside, rather than to sit/stand in rigid, uncomfortable chairs for hours on end.

Don't get me wrong, I am extremely jealous of you motherfuckers that got REALLY nice seats. (I'm talking about 10 rows back, center kind of seats) But really, as long as you get there semi-early (2-3 hours before showtime) and stake out your spot on the hillside, you will have a great view and an awesome time.

Coren
06-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Well, sounds like my mind may be made up then. I mean, I won't turn down floor tickets if they show up at a reasonable price, but 60 bucks for 100-200 feet away doesn't sound bad either.

mike_d1234
06-28-2006, 07:12 PM
"The reserved seating is in the lower third of the amphitheater. It has a concrete floor and folding chairs that are sometimes tied together to create seating rows. Often these chairs are not attached to each other so they can be folded up and stacked to the side if you and your neighbors would rather stand and dance during the show. Seats on the side of the reserved section can have poor sightlines and sound quality. Try to avoid seats with low numbers in section A and seats with high numbers in section C. Anything in the middle will have excellent sightlines and sound, with the best sound (naturally) near the sound board. There is sometimes a taper’s section just to the right of the sound board."

this makes me very happy. i'll be in the 35th row (or about 6 rows from the sound board, in section B. so best sound, and pretty damn good view. if the seats are as good as they sound, this will be the 2nd time i've got lucky with Tool tickets (i got 7th row tix to the show at the Schnitzer a few years ago way after they had sold out...someones credit card must have been denied...)

tarnationsauce2
06-30-2006, 12:58 AM
Wow!
I got lucky and got 4 tickets Sec B Row 12 (all seats in the '20's).

I can NOT wait!

optimistic-pessimist
07-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Ugh... how did I miss this ticket sale? I know I'm WAY late but I got a couple of invitations from friends to come up for this show... just not in time. I saw my second ever concert at the Gorge... Pantera and White Zombie in '96. I'd love to make another trip up to WA for this show. Now I just need to track down a ticket... =/

Poolzer
07-08-2006, 07:51 PM
the show isnt sold out at all...

optimistic-pessimist
07-08-2006, 08:40 PM
That may be true, BUT...

1) As of right now, when I request even ONE ticket on ticketmaster.com, it comes up with nothing...

-AND-

2) I don't really want to travel all the way up to Washington from Louisiana and have to sit back on the lawn.

disaxiom
07-09-2006, 01:46 PM
is isis opening for this show??

NumbAnomaly
07-09-2006, 08:53 PM
is isis opening for this show??

yes

disaxiom
07-09-2006, 10:03 PM
evidence of this? i saw a list of the shows they'd be at and it started on august 30

racinjason
07-10-2006, 01:15 AM
evidence of this? i saw a list of the shows they'd be at and it started on august 30

If you go to Isis's myspace page, they list the Gorge show on there.

disaxiom
07-10-2006, 01:50 AM
awesome, this is gonna be a great show

when i was searching for tool and isis this was the first thing that came up

http://www.isistool.co.uk/ haha

optimistic-pessimist
07-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Those of you who bought tickets from Ticketmaster when they first went onsale... if you don't mind, please post here when you get your tickets in the mail. Thanks!

NumbAnomaly
07-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Those of you who bought tickets from Ticketmaster when they first went onsale... if you don't mind, please post here when you get your tickets in the mail. Thanks!

already got them. about 4 days ago probably. i chose the cheapest/slowest shipping option too....

disaxiom
07-11-2006, 12:34 AM
got them last week, cheapest slowest for me too

greenie67
07-11-2006, 07:25 AM

Bought them the first day of sale and took the slowest shipping option, got them on July 3rd.

optimistic-pessimist
07-11-2006, 08:04 AM
Ok thanks guys. I had to get my tickets, um... elsewhere... and got kind of nervous when they sent me an email saying that tickets hadn't been printed or distributed yet, and it might be August 21st before I got them... I've got it settled now though. *phew* I'm travelling too far away for this show to have problems with my tickets...

disaxiom
07-11-2006, 01:50 PM
that is far, are you driving or flying?

optimistic-pessimist
07-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Well if I was retired or rich, then I'd have the time to drive... Unfortunately I still have to work to fund all these TOOL shows I go to, so I'm planning on flying so I only have to take a little bit of time off of work. ;)

disaxiom
07-11-2006, 08:04 PM
ah.. i just noticed your sig haha, looks like this is the second show we'll both have been to

racinjason
07-11-2006, 10:48 PM

I got mine on the third also. I usually print them out, so I just threw the envelope on the table, thinking it was junk. Thank god I was bored and decided to sort through my mail a few days later!!

optimistic-pessimist
07-12-2006, 05:05 AM
ah.. i just noticed your sig haha, looks like this is the second show we'll both have been to

Hmm lemme guess... one of the Seattle shows with King Crimson?

disaxiom
07-12-2006, 09:22 AM
actually coachella this year haha

racinjason
07-23-2006, 02:48 AM
Is anybody going to the KISW show the night before Tool?

optimistic-pessimist
07-23-2006, 06:56 AM
The what show?

racinjason
07-24-2006, 04:27 AM
The what show?

99.9 KISW(Seattle station) is having a pre-tool party/show featuring Hurt the day before Tool at the Gorge. has anyone ever heard them before? If they're any good, I might show up a day early. did anyone else plan on camping at(or around) the Gorge Sat. night? There's a little info about it on kisw.com

NumbAnomaly
07-24-2006, 10:49 AM
99.9 KISW(Seattle station) is having a pre-tool party/show featuring Hurt the day before Tool at the Gorge. has anyone ever heard them before? If they're any good, I might show up a day early. did anyone else plan on camping at(or around) the Gorge Sat. night? There's a little info about it on kisw.com

i might give it a go. looks like the tickets are only $9.99.

jonnyroofer
07-26-2006, 08:18 PM
This is for anyone willing to drive to the gorge for the weekend from vancouver or surrounding area. I have extra lawn tickets, and i will give away 2 for free if i can get a lift with someone. I will also pitch in for gas. If you are driving from seattle let me know anyway, cause i might take the bus and link up with you there if i cant find a Vancouver driver. [email protected]

Poolzer
07-27-2006, 10:28 AM
Saw Pearl Jam at the gorge over the weekend (sat show) which was sold out as well. Even with sold out g/a there were still plenty of areas to stand/sit to watch the show. Camped out with a cool 30k friends haha, painless to get in and out of the area.

46inme
07-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Did they sell tickets day of show do you know. Were there extras in the lot?

Poolzer
07-28-2006, 12:08 PM
People were selling them at the campground, the ticket lines were long, but I dont know if they were selling or just picking up will call.

racinjason
07-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Saw Pearl Jam at the gorge over the weekend (sat show) which was sold out as well. Even with sold out g/a there were still plenty of areas to stand/sit to watch the show. Camped out with a cool 30k friends haha, painless to get in and out of the area.

Did you camp at the Gorge campground? If so, how was it? I'm still trying to decide if I want to camp there or not.

Poolzer
07-30-2006, 07:09 PM
I enjoyed it. Its just a bunch of open field/lots with 4-5 porta-potties in each of them. You park, pitch thent and camp, pretty basic. People stay up pretty late after the shows and its normal to wander to other groups and hang out/talk about the show.

Drugs are everywhere, as are cops on horses.

For a tool show, I recommend it, get to share your experiences with friends and share conspiricy(sp) stories. Have to be out of the campground by 11am the next morning I believe.

Hippo
08-07-2006, 02:31 PM
20 days left... woo woo, pointless bump.

disaxiom
08-07-2006, 07:10 PM
they better play a new set list!! i'm getting a little worried after the shows the last two nights were the same

pryingopenmybrowneye
08-07-2006, 07:24 PM
How does the camping thing work ?? I bought a ticket for camping along with my tix for the show and I just wanna make sure that I'll be guaranteed a camp site... do you get to choose your site or do they just assign whatever is available when you get there? can you call ahead and reserve a site ?? o.0 also does the campsite gates open at a certain time or just any time is cool to show up ?

disaxiom
08-07-2006, 11:33 PM
there's a lot of talk about the camping in this thread, look around it first before posting

pryingopenmybrowneye
08-08-2006, 10:13 AM
foot in mouth and head up asshole... that's me. teach me right for not reading long posts huh. thnx though to omnitronic that pretty much cleared up my questions. (= 19 more sleeps!!!!

RocktheVisualArts
08-09-2006, 02:20 PM
This will be my first Tool show and I am very excited! My friend got section B tickets row 35 and my seat number is 12. It is going to be awesome seeing Tool perform at the Gorge, which is the best place for a concert. I do hope though that they change the set list a bit. (I wish I would have not looked at the set list, but I couldn't resist.) Hopefully they will add Pushit & The Patient. :) I hope that all of you that are going have a great time!!!

Wizeblood
08-09-2006, 04:50 PM
I am looking for two tickets for the August 27th show at the Gorge in WA. If anyone can help please contact me at [email protected] I would really appreciate anything you can do for me.

optimistic-pessimist
08-10-2006, 06:32 AM
Finally got my tickets in. 9th row Section C... Wahoo. *does a little dance* The end of the month can't come fast enough.

Wizeblood
08-10-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm not sure how many people are activly checking this post but I though I'd try again anyways. I am driving over from Missoula whether I get tiks or not. Maybe there is someone willing to trade a little for a ride for those two tickets I was looking to accuire. I am open to suggestions and really hope that I don't have to deal with any scalpers at the concert. I'd feel better knowing that my girlfriend and I will have a spot at the show, and also then I'll know how much to budget on dank...

Introspectrum
08-12-2006, 01:35 AM
i might give it a go. looks like the tickets are only $9.99.

Actually, if you are holding two-night camping passes, you get into the HURT pre-show event free for two people...just show the camping stub at the gate.

;)

myspace.com/hurt

Introspectrum
08-12-2006, 01:45 AM
I have one ticket, two nights of camping...i do not have a vehicle at the moment. I am requesting two things...

a) my ticket is SEC A, Row 46, Seat 5...would anyone want to trade this for another of equal value...I have a situation where the person who holds the seat next to mine is someone that i do not want to be near right now.

b) i am in need of a ride...i may have the ability in the next couple of weeks to get my vehicle back , but in the meantime, i am looking for a chill person that won't take advantage of a female in a sticky situation, living close to the seattle area, to transport me to the show and stay saturday and sunday at the campground....preferably would like a spacious vehicle...but that is being picky ;) ummm, gas i can pitch in...and whoever does this would get in to see HURT, the pre-show band, for free with me. Oh, and I would love to get to the camp as early Saturday morning/afternoon as possible, I think it opens up at noon....because you know, we all gotta get the party started ASAP!!

Hit me back either here or at [email protected]

pryingopenmybrowneye
08-13-2006, 09:56 PM
If anyone needs a ride out to the show still I should have an extra 2 spots (3 uncomfortably). I'll be doing the camping thing overnight so you'd have to find a ride back or bring a sleeping bag or something. I'm in the Federal Way area but I'm pretty reasonable if you wanna pitch in for gas or something of the smokable green sort. Throw me a pm we'll work out the details.

Wizeblood
08-14-2006, 07:46 PM
!!!!!!!! oh yea... so pumped right now... Just got two tickets in the 8th row in sec. B seen tool a few times before but this will be the closest I've been I believe. Does anyone know if the chairs usually end up getting ripped out and people just start charging the stage at all? hopefully not... also can anyone post some more details on the hurt show and the camping scene?? I'm looking to have a good time getting fucked up the day of and after the show so we were looking to camp out and whatnot. pretty questionable if I will be able to come across the super dank but would be willing to trade some spores for some, really visual spores at that. am driving from MT so if poeple are in need of a ride email me and maybe I can help you out. Look foreward to seeing any of you there and having a good time. [email protected]

Introspectrum
08-15-2006, 12:36 AM
it looks like the gods have shined in my favor, i was able to get my vehicle back, and the other ticket next to my seat....so ix-nay on the eeds-nay... :) have fun everyone....it's going to be kickass!

I have one ticket, two nights of camping...i do not have a vehicle at the moment. I am requesting two things...

a) my ticket is SEC A, Row 46, Seat 5...would anyone want to trade this for another of equal value...I have a situation where the person who holds the seat next to mine is someone that i do not want to be near right now.

b) i am in need of a ride...i may have the ability in the next couple of weeks to get my vehicle back , but in the meantime, i am looking for a chill person that won't take advantage of a female in a sticky situation, living close to the seattle area, to transport me to the show and stay saturday and sunday at the campground....preferably would like a spacious vehicle...but that is being picky ;) ummm, gas i can pitch in...and whoever does this would get in to see HURT, the pre-show band, for free with me. Oh, and I would love to get to the camp as early Saturday morning/afternoon as possible, I think it opens up at noon....because you know, we all gotta get the party started ASAP!!

Hit me back either here or at [email protected]

mrhubof
08-15-2006, 09:50 PM
New TOOL news:
from Toolband.com:

(Having recently attended the 'dress rehearsal' for TOOL's US Summer/Fall ARENA TOUR, I can tell you that all (well, most) of those things you've been e-mailing about and posting on message boards are coming, namely a bigger stage production and different set lists. What I saw was impressive to say the least (and with these guys, that's all I can say at this point), but the new show should be unveiled soon (and for now we'll just have to leave it at that) - with things better suited to the bigger concert halls.)

So with this news what do you all think???? Will they play 10,000 Days???? Will they play Right in Two??? Intension??? Will they bust out some new stuff???? Longer, edited versions of TOOLs old stuff???? Are the changes just for Arenas?

I believe that whatever they do, it will be the best TOOL show of the 10,000 Days tour!!! I can't wait, only a few weeks remain!!! See you all there!!!

disaxiom
08-15-2006, 10:59 PM
i really want to hear the grudge, and i hope we hear at least one of these longer songs: third eye, reflection, pushit

oh and i would think that we'll get the same show as the arenas, i'm pretty sure the stage at the gorge is just as big if not bigger than arenas

optimistic-pessimist
08-16-2006, 05:14 AM
I'm sure we will. Isis is opening, just like the arena shows, and the crowd will probably be larger than most of the arena shows. It's going to be a great night.

46inme
08-16-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm sure we will. Isis is opening, just like the arena shows, and the crowd will probably be larger than most of the arena shows. It's going to be a great night.
I also agree this might be the best Tool show of the hole tour. Not for what their going to play or how, it's the fact that it seems almost like a pilgrimage for most of us. I've never been to this venue and it's a must do, and at this point what other band is worth it ? For all of us heading up there two words, Storm Trooper's!!

RocktheVisualArts
08-16-2006, 10:13 PM
I have a really good feeling that Tool is going to change things up for the Gorge. 10,000 Days and Right In Two would be awesome to hear. Whatever happens it is going to be an amazing experience and I totally agree that this will be the best Tool show!!!

greenie67
08-17-2006, 06:48 AM
it's the fact that it seems almost like a pilgrimage for most of us. I've never been to this venue and it's a must do, and at this point what other band is worth it ? For all of us heading up there two words, Storm Trooper's!!

Yup, this will be my first time going to The Gorge as well, we will be coming up from SW Colorado. Can't wait!

Airport Mesa
08-17-2006, 11:10 AM
GA Tix avaiable right now at ticketmaster.com

BriMan
08-18-2006, 03:39 PM
All I can say is wow. This will be my first Tool show as well as my first time to the Gorge. I can't imagine wanting anything else for my 20th birthday- seeing my favorite band at an incredible venue (from what I've heard) as well as having 2 VIP tickets (for my sister and I). This will be an experience I'll never forget. I will be staying at the camground as well in my pop-up trailer saturday and sunday night wth some friends so I hope to see some of you there! This is going to be so amazing!!!

tarnationsauce2
08-19-2006, 04:25 AM
[QUOTE=WizebloodDoes anyone know if the chairs usually end up getting ripped out and people just start charging the stage at all? hopefully not... [/QUOTE]
I hope not too. :/

Hippo
08-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Hmm, anyone know if Isis will be playing when TicketMaster says the show will start or if that's when Tool comes out?

optimistic-pessimist
08-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Hmm, anyone know if Isis will be playing when TicketMaster says the show will start or if that's when Tool comes out?

Ticketmaster always lists when the show begins... when the first opening band should come onstage.

disaxiom
08-19-2006, 05:15 PM
but they'll probably start like half an hour later or something anyway haha

Wizeblood
08-21-2006, 11:57 AM
three more days folks. are a lot of you thinking of going to the hurt show? also what time does that happen and anything else you might know about it would be helpful... tool.... mmmm.....

racinjason
08-21-2006, 12:18 PM
three more days folks. are a lot of you thinking of going to the hurt show? also what time does that happen and anything else you might know about it would be helpful... tool.... mmmm.....

Three days? Are you talking about the Gorge show?

Carlson
08-21-2006, 03:26 PM
Excited for this. Saw them at the paramount, and now will be 12 rows back in section B. I am going to blaze tough before this, I hope they play 10k days. Then camping and more blazing all night!

teetdogs
08-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Ok so heres the deal, I have 1 GA ticket for the show at the gorge I would like to get $115 for it or $65 if you live near Billings MT and need a ride and can pitch on gas and camping the reason for the sale is everyone in my crew got all pissed at each other and now they bailed, I managed to put together another crew but we are one short so no we have the extra ticket but are out one more person to pitch on gas, We are stopping in Missoula MT so we can pick you up there or anywhere along the way but we would still expect gas to be split 4 ways for the whole trip, it should be about 50 - 75 bucks a person for gas and camping if your interested send me an email to

[email protected]

racinjason
08-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Is there anyone still in need of a ticket? I'm 90% sure that I will have one seated ticket in row 22, sec. C available. I will definitely know by Thurs. night. I just thought I'd throw it out there until I know for a fact my fourth person is going, which I really, really doubt. I'll charge what I paid including ticketbastard charges, etc...80 bucks. I'm not really into giving people rides, but I also don't want to waste precious partying time standing in front of the gate like a dumbass trying to sell my ticket. Let me know if you're interested. Again, I won't know for sure until Thursday.

Airport Mesa
08-23-2006, 09:47 AM
HOB.com lists Tool show sold out. Just checked ticketmaster though, and GA tix available

spunkwater
08-24-2006, 09:56 AM
i have an extra ticket for the show - row 37 seat 25. the catch, however, is that i am in seat 24. i am asking $80 for the ticket (i can make a profit of 4 bucks!). i'd be happy just to meet someone outside the gates, but i am also looking for someone to travel with. i am in the tacoma area now, but will be leaving from the bellingham/mt. vernon area on sunday. send me a message if you are interested! hope to see you all there.

Hippo
08-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Only three more days. I can't wait.

Graf
08-25-2006, 07:38 AM
Row 8, Seat 5, baby!

rgardjr
08-25-2006, 11:32 AM
How early do they start letting people into the show? Just trying to figure out what time we need to get to the Gorge. Looking to get in as early as possible for G.A.
Thanks-
Rick

Hippo
08-25-2006, 02:16 PM
The website says the doors/gates open at 5pm and the concert starts at 8pm.

geekgurl
08-25-2006, 02:27 PM
I see in a couple places on the the gorge website something that says "early entry". Any clues? It says it for GA tickets and for premeire parking.

NumbAnomaly
08-25-2006, 04:49 PM
I see in a couple places on the the gorge website something that says "early entry". Any clues? It says it for GA tickets and for premeire parking.

its a coca-cola promotion. thats about all i know. my buddy called around and even spoke with the corporate office, but nobody knew shit. if anybody can figure this one out, they get a cookie!

disaxiom
08-26-2006, 11:27 AM
i'm off to seattle to check out the EMP today, then i'm driving to the gorge on sunday!! see you all there for the best tool show ever!

mrhubof
08-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Does any one know if we can sleep in our cars in the parking lot?

TheEpicurus
08-27-2006, 01:07 AM
Hey what's up every1 it's the day of the fuckin' show! I was wondering who in here thinks that we'll be treated to a show longer than the 1 1/2 hour norm?

implandnoises
08-27-2006, 03:08 AM
Hey what's up every1 it's the day of the fuckin' show! I was wondering who in here thinks that we'll be treated to a show longer than the 1 1/2 hour norm?

Definately a five hour show including every piece of music you have ever heard on an official Tool CD.

And the Vicarious video.

Oh and the second video (Adam always does two) which will be for Wings for Marie and 10,000 Days. This will star Maynard as Jesus.

jwb
08-27-2006, 06:30 AM

Hopefully they'll throw Wings/10,000 days in the mix. The usual setlist is getting pretty tired.

pryingopenmybrowneye
08-27-2006, 08:48 AM
HAPPY MOTHER (EXPLETIVE)ING TOOL DAY TO THE GORGE AND EVERYONE WHO WILL BE THERE!!! (=

Hippo
08-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Fuck yes and such. Anyone know what they'll do if you, say, smuggle a digital camera in and take some pictures? I've heard that security wears plain clothes, but maybe that isn't so?

RocktheVisualArts
08-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Finally the greatest day on earth has arrived! I hope everyone has a kickass time at the Gorge!

Hippo,
I'm totally wondering about the camera thing too. I plan on just sneaking in a disposable camera though, so just in case if security finds it they can just take it away from me.