PDA

View Full Version : Dumbass Fan

46&2
11-24-2002, 11:07 AM
I read somewhere that the conversation with the boy detailed in the song aren't fictional and actually took place in a restaurant. Is this true or is it just about dumbass fans in general?

Pushit16
11-29-2002, 09:19 PM
I read Maynard and some pals were chillin on a patio and some kid skated by and he called out "posers" or something. Dunno if that's true, just a rumor I read. Who knows.

xSaveXmondaYx
01-18-2003, 11:18 PM
that would make sense since vans are skate shoes

PearlForum
01-20-2003, 06:57 PM
cant ya see maynard just charge the kid and tackle him off his skateboard. heh heh

Xanadu
01-23-2003, 02:49 PM
I think that the boy just personifies the American "consumer". But hey, it could be refering to a specific event.. if you could post links to where you heard or read this (assuming its in a mag or online) I would be grateful.

Æon
02-01-2003, 11:06 AM
Christ, 4 days after i wanted to post this, i finally get to...

I've got a live version of this song, and it has an interesting part at the start...

MJK - "This is, a love song, and it goes out to our freinds at "Mellies" (Not sure of spelling) its a restaraunt, its over like <I assume MJK points someplace> and its called, Hooker... With... A.... Penis"

And this doesnt have much to do with anything in this "Dumbass fan" post but at 2:33 (Aenima version time) where theres a very short pause, on my live version the insrtruments stop and MJK says (In a sarcastic tone)

"We're selling some new limited edition T-Shirt in the lobby, make sure to pick one up on the way out"

<Insert a quote from a Tool song because for some reason it makes me seem cool and insightful....>

Jack Handy
02-02-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Æon
<Insert a quote from a Tool song because for some reason it makes me seem cool and insightful....>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Good call

Hogpile
02-07-2003, 10:26 AM
Yah, I heard the song is about someone Maynard met at a show or a resturant who he had a conversation with and the guy told him he was selling out. I don't think its about some kid just skating by saying poser, because the song is just too discriptive to be about a quick passer-by talking shit. Also Æon I enjoyed your comment about the quotes. No shit, man. Some people on here are a little too much. Or not enough. I'm not sure which.

FlamingEye
03-20-2003, 02:58 PM
I think that this really happened because why would they make it into a song if it didint