PDA

View Full Version : Meaning

Astrogalis
04-18-2003, 08:02 PM
I ve been listening to Tool seince undrtow and i might be a little slow but here is what i think jimmy is about.

What was it like to see
The face of your own stability
Suddenly look away
Leaving you with the dead and hopeless?

this is refering to Anima /Animus i think it was at the age of 11 when he (Maynard) repressed his anima

Eleven and she was gone.
Eleven is when we waved good-bye.
Eleven is standing still,
Waiting for me to free him
By coming home.

this is about the female charictaristics being repressed or forgotton and he will be free when he can sort of "come back to her"

Moving me with a sound.
Opening me within a gesture.
Drawing me down and in,
Showing me where it all began,
Eleven.

this refers to the subconsious anima surfacing and showing itself in subtle was and showing what he was like before 11

It took so long to realize that
You hold the light that's been leading me back home.

this is about the anima showing him his true self or home

Under a dead ohio sky,
Eleven has been and will be waiting,

ohio i think is whare he was living when he was 11 and whare he left his anima behind

Defending his light,
And wondering...
Where the hell have I been?
Sleeping, lost, and numb.
So glad that I have found you

this line was the hardest for me, it is his animus saying that he was lost and that he has benn numb without her and now he has found her

I am wide awake and heading home.

this line is how he has rediscoverd his anima and is wide awake and no longer numb

Hold your light,
Eleven.
Lead me through each gentle step by step
by inch by loaded memory.

i didn't say anything about the "light" i think this is saying that holding your light is not beeing totaly surpressed and still influncing his actions. and the other part is that now he is "whole" and he will remember memories that he suppresed

I'll move to heal
As soon as pain allows so we can
Reunite and both move on together.

this might be him resolving painful emotions inorder to move on with his life

Hold your light,
Eleven. Lead me through each gentle step by step
By inch by loaded memory

repeated

'till one and one are one, eleven,
So glow, child, glow.
I'm heading back home.

till one and one are one mens putting his anima and animus together to become whole and hed back home

Thank you for reading my view and please write anything you think about my interpretation of this song

Astrogalis
04-19-2003, 06:26 PM
reply!!!!

George Bush Sr.
04-19-2003, 06:35 PM
no

cainecrawford
04-22-2003, 05:51 PM
In alchemy doesn't anima mean male?
11 is the master vibration. The light bearer, Lucifer. All the holy type guys of the past. To return the child to the temple is to awake the father. Like father like son.
Ohio sky, Marilyn mansons home state.
As for where Have I been? Good question.
Till one and one are one, eleven too. In truth this too be two. Number of the Aries or Emporer. Which I am not. However my mothers diary has yet to be read. Much lays in wait. Duel role maybe. Cousin says he is Caine( mind you the women of the Eatern Star say that Caine will wound the beast). I say otherwise. However if we are the sheep as Christ says we are, then Caine was a firstling. Abel killed Caine(yes I spell Caine correctly).Why cause Abel killed the firslings. Placing a murder in heaven and an innocent in hell. Hell being back on earth to toil forever.
Remember he who does not love his brother is a murder. Have you ever raised a harsh word aginst someone. I have. Murder I must be.

Mehhico
04-22-2003, 09:57 PM
I think that is one interesting interpretation, and not one that I have heard or thought of. Well, not exactly, anyway. The references to Jungian theory is one way I didn't look at it.
I had thought that this track was Maynard being drawn back to a past experience (death of his mother) which had been holding him back from the goal of the album - cleansing of the soul.
So, I do agree with you, that it is Maynards animus which this memory had been caught in. Therefore, Maynard had to re-unite with that part of himself.
I think that this song, although personal in reference and origin, is an example of Maynard cleansing his soul. As most people, he has probably got numerous memories buried in his animus/anima.

Mighty fine thoughts there, buddy.

Kind regards,
Andy