PDA

View Full Version : Who is that voice?

Comebackrunning
11-24-2002, 10:57 AM
I have heard that often Justin would sing when doing this song. But who is it on the record? It sounds so much like Maynard, but is it?

Chris_Brightwell
11-24-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Comebackrunning
I have heard that often Justin would sing when doing this song. But who is it on the record? It sounds so much like Maynard, but is it?
Yes, it's MJK singing on the Salival version of You Lied.

Thanks.
Chris Brightwell // moderator

Genocidal
11-24-2002, 01:38 PM
Justin wouldn't sing, he'd do backup. That's what he does on Salival, in the last verse.

Death
11-25-2002, 07:13 PM
For those of you with Peach's Giving Birth To A Stone album (A GREAT Album, highly reccomended), Justin sings the entire song on track 5 (Dougal) It's distorted, but thats him singing...

But yea, maynard sings on the salival verson, justin adds in in the last verse...

Andy DV
11-25-2002, 08:23 PM
Wow no kidding, I've been listening to Peach for a while now and had no idea Justin was singing that Dougal. Good to know, thanks.

sk8ingknot4659
12-05-2002, 04:52 PM
yea justin sings dougal but hte only thing that sux is you really can't understand him very well...

Delirus
12-06-2002, 03:38 AM
Peach were great but i think they were really held back by the lead singer he had such a thick brittish accent it kinda ruined it. and compair the way he says YOU LIED at the end of the song to mjk.i know its not fair to compair them but really he just cant do it as well as maynard.or the rest of the song for that matter.other than that they were excellent.

aeonblue
12-28-2002, 01:26 PM
What could you tell me about Peach? I mean, I've been thinking that maybe I should buy Giving Birth To a Stone, but is that worth buying? What kind of music does Peach play, are all of the songs like You Lied [i just love that song...] or what..?

seraph
12-28-2002, 02:25 PM
hmmmmmmmmm....Peach.........instrumentally they're pretty good and the vocals are alright....some kewl lyrics http://www.deadohiosky.net/lyrics.html

go for the album....it's a decent buy

something to tantalize the tastebuds.
Tool also does a cover of the Peach song Spasm. Check your local P2P application for details

LazyE462
12-29-2002, 03:47 PM
Justin would do backup live, I wonder how Maynard could do both voices on Salival, so it would have to be Justin.

xSaveXmondaYx
01-26-2003, 09:37 PM
Maynard has his ways :)

stillclover
02-14-2003, 12:50 PM
for the most part, i really enjoyed peach's music and lyrics, but something about the way oakes phrases it and an occasional word choice just got under me, but thats just me. its definetly worth listening to.

4th Eye
02-16-2003, 04:02 AM
Yeah, I like Peach too but the singer isn't that good. MJK rocks!!!

moonburn
03-16-2003, 08:39 AM
i had my friends convinced that maynard was singing two notes at the same time throughout the song. you can do it with electronic stuff..

it's interesting to note that at the beginning of the concerts of their most recent tour they played overtone singing.
(which IS a person singing two notes at the same time.. i thing it was more like three.)

so it is possible.