PDA

View Full Version : 2006/08/06 - Fresno, CA - Selland Arena

jkarp
06-17-2006, 07:30 AM
Tool
Selland Arena, Fresno, CA
Friday, August 6, 2006

I'm not sure where to post this since we can't start new threads in the "Upcoming Concerts" section. In addition, I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I can't find any threads on it.

Anyways, has anyone else heard about Tool at Selland Arena in Fresno, CA on August 6th? It looks like it's only Tool as opposed to a Street Scene type thing, correct? Is this the beginning of their US tour or just a one off show? Anyone have more info on the rest of the tour?

http://www.fresnoconventioncenter.com/venues/EventDetail.asp?EventNo=5957

thanks... josh

sonnyboy11
06-17-2006, 10:08 AM
Most likely it's a one-off and not the start of the regular tour since it's the very next day after Street Scene. And they still go to Japan the following week. And this (Fresno show) still needs to be confirmed anyway.

livid star
06-21-2006, 12:01 PM
So its confirmed. I will see you all there. I am so stoked. And it's on my birthday!

Agenda
06-21-2006, 03:05 PM
Saturday Tickets the go on sale through ticket master. Its a 10,000 seat arena, so I think everyones gonna get a pretty good shot at tickets.

Lacerda
06-21-2006, 03:57 PM
hoping for an LA date between fresno and japan........

Agenda
06-21-2006, 05:21 PM
hoping for an LA date between fresno and japan........

They'll be back after the other dates for a full tour.

morgoth's shadow
06-22-2006, 08:30 AM
how far is fresno from san diego anyway? and isn't fresno basically Weed City, USA?
ha, i like the band description on the linked site. i'm considering whether to drive all the way up there or just keep my fingers crossed for a san diego date in the fall. i already missed out on coachella cause i was at a fucking boarding school in arizona, tempe cause that boarding school wouldn't organize a field trip there due to the "objectionable lyrical content" (because, sure enough, the dean of students went online and HAD to read the words to hooker with a penis, aenema and pushit as opposed to something like parabola or 46 & 2), and the street scene cause i figure it's not worth the ticket price for a 45 to 60 minute show.

sonnyboy11
06-22-2006, 08:42 AM
how far is fresno from san diego anyway? and isn't fresno basically Weed City, USA?
ha, i like the band description on the linked site. i'm considering whether to drive all the way up there or just keep my fingers crossed for a san diego date in the fall. i already missed out on coachella cause i was at a fucking boarding school in arizona, tempe cause that boarding school wouldn't organize a field trip there due to the "objectionable lyrical content" (because, sure enough, the dean of students went online and HAD to read the words to hooker with a penis, aenema and pushit as opposed to something like parabola or 46 & 2), and the street scene cause i figure it's not worth the ticket price for a 45 to 60 minute show.

I would be surprised if Tool was not allowed the regular set at Street Scene they have been doing for the rest of this warm-up tour. Everyone was worried about that at Coachella too (that they would not get a full set). To be honest, they had a technical problem at the start of that show so we did probably lose a song (Rosetta Stoned). But other than that they played their set.

Fresno is a pretty good schlep from SD (gonna be around 5 hours). I am going to Street Scene from LA (btw, Yeah Yeah Yeahs are great live) but I'm thinking about heading up to this Fresno show anyway. I dunno, I got a feeling there will be plenty of So CA dates to choose from after Sept.

Lacerda
06-22-2006, 03:17 PM
yeah fresno is closer to frisco than it is to la. a good 4-5 hour drive from la, add an additional 2 from san diego (and that's without the traffic!)

Lacerda
06-22-2006, 03:18 PM
They'll be back after the other dates for a full tour.
yeah, but my brother is taking off to college on the 12th, and it would be cool to catch a tool show with him before he heads off to humboldt state.

sprucemoose3311
06-22-2006, 09:11 PM
i have a 3 hr drive from sj

aperfectnineinchtool
06-23-2006, 06:43 AM
I am moving to Fresno with my family in July and am SO fucking excited (and sad) but that aint shit compared to seeing TOOL... been a fan since Undertow and haven't seen them yet. How many of you guys live in Fresno? Anyway, hopefully I will see yall there. YEAH!!!

bunnyzwilleatyou
06-23-2006, 03:32 PM
I live in pennsylvania. My sister is moving to palm desert in august and my family planned to go out and see her off and such. So I figure fly down a little early and catch both the street scene and fresno.

Why? Cause Tool rocks, thats why. And money is for spending.

If tickets sell out like they did for the mini tour I will be pissed. I paid 250 bucks for the philly show.

Agenda
06-23-2006, 07:39 PM
I live in pennsylvania. My sister is moving to palm desert in august and my family planned to go out and see her off and such. So I figure fly down a little early and catch both the street scene and fresno.

Why? Cause Tool rocks, thats why. And money is for spending.

If tickets sell out like they did for the mini tour I will be pissed. I paid 250 bucks for the philly show.

They will just not as quick. I'll be standing outside my local ticket master in the morning waiting to be raped by them.

Madrid
06-24-2006, 08:56 AM
::waits by ticketmaster.com::

I hate this part. I really do. If I don't get tickets... I'll finish my math homework.
If I get the tickets... I'll go see Tool.

I know, pretty interesting when it all boils down - isn't it?

Madrid
06-24-2006, 09:05 AM
GENERAL ADMISSION - WOOT!!!!!!!!1
That's way better than... "Sorry, tickets are no longer available - suck it" -last time

livid star
06-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Well this was painfully easy. After I completed my order, I checked the availabilty of more tickets and general admission were still available.

See ya there on the floor!

smithers
06-24-2006, 09:11 AM
GENERAL ADMISSION - WOOT!!!!!!!!1
That's way better than... "Sorry, tickets are no longer available - suck it" -last time

Congrats! I too got floor seats. I cant wait.

it was actually quite easy to log in and buy the tickets, but perhaps it's because Fresno is not a major market? still would have been nice to actually get the goods from TA. but it seems the boys are constantly showing the diehard fans disrespect. too bad.

see you all there!

Agenda
06-24-2006, 11:02 AM
tickets woo!!

Madrid
06-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Congrats! I too got floor seats. I cant wait.

it was actually quite easy to log in and buy the tickets, but perhaps it's because Fresno is not a major market? still would have been nice to actually get the goods from TA. but it seems the boys are constantly showing the diehard fans disrespect. too bad.

see you all there!

Tool ARMY is a fucking joke.
I never would have registered if I had known it was so bad.

Anyway - I'm excited. I got tickets.
I'm going to try and get tickets for Bakersfield as well.
If I try 3 different shows - I'm bound to see them.

aperfectnineinchtool
06-24-2006, 01:00 PM
I got a ticket in the nose bleeds, hope that I can see the band from up there... oh well, hearing them play live is the point... I hate being on the floor anyway... anyone else get nose bleeds?

Madrid, you in Fresno? I am going to try and see them in Bakersfield as well.

Madrid
06-24-2006, 01:16 PM
I live in Ventura, California (near Santa Barbara).
I've never had the pleasure of seeing them. But I do intend to see them in Fresno, Bakersfield and LA if I can.

That way - canceled shows, severe illness and Murphey's Law can't interupt me.

oneredflag
06-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Any one been to the selland arena?

And why is stubhub selling seats for more than floor tix?
I don't know about the rest of you but I prefer the floor.

See ya in fresno

bunnyzwilleatyou
06-24-2006, 04:32 PM
I got floor tickets as well. Pretty simple. I am going to street scene as well, bought both tickets today. I shall see you all there.

FlamingEye
06-26-2006, 01:19 PM
i got floor tickets also and I was on a slow internet connection! I am stoked. I hate fresno but it's a shorter drive them LA or SF. It's been far too long since the last time I saw tool

Madrid
06-27-2006, 08:39 AM
I got a ticket in the nose bleeds, hope that I can see the band from up there... oh well, hearing them play live is the point... I hate being on the floor anyway... anyone else get nose bleeds?

Madrid, you in Fresno? I am going to try and see them in Bakersfield as well.

Tell ya what. I got off the floor of the MarsVolta/APC show and I could suddenly hear the music above the "GET THE FUCK OFF MY FOOT!" shit.

Maybe I'll see ya in line. I think I'm going to stand outside early.

Bitch Goddess Sunshine
06-27-2006, 08:58 AM
I wish they were coming close to me :(

aperfectnineinchtool
06-28-2006, 08:02 AM
Tell ya what. I got off the floor of the MarsVolta/APC show and I could suddenly hear the music above the "GET THE FUCK OFF MY FOOT!" shit.

Maybe I'll see ya in line. I think I'm going to stand outside early.

I will be the huge fat dude with some basic color tee-shirt that drove in a white 1997 GMC Jimmy with Tool stickers on both front and back waiting at Selland Arena for probably 4 or 5 hours prior to mic check... "civilance, civilance"... oh my God I am gonna giz all over myself... saw APC in Wichita, KS; first one at the barrier and these sunnzabitches were moshing to unmoshable songs, got out the pit and still with the moshing even during 3 Libras and MJK made fun of those posers hardcore... never again... I'm there for the music not the "show" if you follow... I know its a long shot but I'm hoping they play Eulogy or Reflection... hell yeah!!!

Agenda
06-28-2006, 11:42 AM
This will be my tenth Tool and I'm just as stoked as ever. On a side note we should try and get together at the show or after. Anybody up for it?

livid star
06-28-2006, 12:16 PM
So seeing as how this is an arena show, I'd imagine the set list would be a little longer and maybe even have a great degree of song variation from the theatre tour in May. At least that is what I am hoping, what do you guys think? I'd love to hear 4 degrees and Pushit!

As for getting people from TA getting together, I tried to rally people for the Oakland show and I don't think that it ever happened (if it did I wasn't invited!). More fans will be getting into the arena shows. I have booked a suite at the Radisson Fresno, so we could even have a little after show party!

AMF
06-28-2006, 04:52 PM
I just need them to announce another Oakland show:D

oneredflag
06-28-2006, 05:51 PM
So seeing as how this is an arena show, I'd imagine the set list would be a little longer and maybe even have a great degree of song variation from the theatre tour in May. At least that is what I am hoping, what do you guys think? I'd love to hear 4 degrees and Pushit!

As for getting people from TA getting together, I tried to rally people for the Oakland show and I don't think that it ever happened (if it did I wasn't invited!). More fans will be getting into the arena shows. I have booked a suite at the Radisson Fresno, so we could even have a little after show party!

I bet It will be the same set list as before with maybe Right In Two instead of the pot. Hope to hear more Ænima, but not holding my breath.
I got a room in Fresno as well, just 2 blocks from the selland.

Just got my tickets says Floor, GA5, SEAT 231 - what the fuck dose that mean?

livid star
06-28-2006, 08:25 PM
I bet It will be the same set list as before with maybe Right In Two instead of the pot. Hope to hear more Ænima, but not holding my breath.
I got a room in Fresno as well, just 2 blocks from the selland.

Just got my tickets says Floor, GA5, SEAT 231 - what the fuck dose that mean?

I think that even though you have floor tickets they are numbered for two reasons. One being that there are normally seats on the floor, but for a "rock show," they take them out(?). Secondly, I'd imagine the number system comes in handy so we're not packed like sardines.

Which hotel are you staying at? I went with the Radisson because it was the closest to the arena, even if its 2.5x more expensive, I'm sure. What is your overnight rate?

lauralynn
06-28-2006, 10:39 PM
I just need them to announce another Oakland show:D
not worth the drive??? you're not that far. Think about it, even if they do come to Oakland in the fall, remember, it's gonna be a long time after this tour before you see them again. You should rethink making the drive, it will be worth it. Drive time for me, about 5 hours, but would drive 50 hours to see them!!!!!! Can't wait!

oneredflag
06-29-2006, 02:47 AM
I think that even though you have floor tickets they are numbered for two reasons. One being that there are normally seats on the floor, but for a "rock show," they take them out(?). Secondly, I'd imagine the number system comes in handy so we're not packed like sardines.

Which hotel are you staying at? I went with the Radisson because it was the closest to the arena, even if its 2.5x more expensive, I'm sure. What is your overnight rate?
Super 8 @ $80, Witch is pretty steep for a friggen super 8.

Agenda
06-29-2006, 10:31 AM
I have too long of a drive home that night I'm thinking I might get a room. anybody have info on prices?

AMF
06-29-2006, 10:58 AM
not worth the drive??? you're not that far. Think about it, even if they do come to Oakland in the fall, remember, it's gonna be a long time after this tour before you see them again. You should rethink making the drive, it will be worth it. Drive time for me, about 5 hours, but would drive 50 hours to see them!!!!!! Can't wait!

Haha of course I would if I could, I would go the ends of the earth, but I am only 16 and can't drive that far on my own.

bunnyzwilleatyou
06-29-2006, 01:47 PM

I lol'ed a little. I seriously AM driving about 50 hours to see them. A lot more with the drive back.

lauralynn
06-29-2006, 04:54 PM
Haha of course I would if I could, I would go the ends of the earth, but I am only 16 and can't drive that far on my own.
sorry amf, maybe you could catch a ride with someone? would be a fun adventure for ya. after all, you're only 16 once and you could tell this story of how you got to a tool concert for years to come! ha!

oneredflag
06-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Maybe I'm just trippen but TA has 2 fresno dates the 5th and the 6th must be a typo....??????

Any one know if there are any bars in the area of the selland?

sprucemoose3311
07-03-2006, 09:24 AM
yesterday, they released more floor tickets, but i already am 3 rows off the floor

TheConjuring
07-13-2006, 02:57 PM
I have a question, does anyone know how fast these tickets sold out? I'm planning on seeing them in Oakland on September 3rd, and I want to now how malicious the process will be, because their warm-up tour a few months back was a bitch to get tickets for and I didn't any...sooo....

oneredflag
07-13-2006, 05:20 PM
I have a question, does anyone know how fast these tickets sold out? I'm planning on seeing them in Oakland on September 3rd, and I want to now how malicious the process will be, because their warm-up tour a few months back was a bitch to get tickets for and I didn't any...sooo....

In 2002 the floor sold out quickly, however I think nosebleeds were still available the day of the show. Rumor has it Isis is on the bill.

oneredflag
07-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Any gusses on the set list. Same a mini tour? or maybe a full set?

AMF
07-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Any gusses on the set list. Same a mini tour? or maybe a full set?

Probably the same, with maybe Wings/10,000 Days in there as well. I'm sure a few shows will get surprises like Opiate and whatnot. But I doubt there will be a drastic overhaul.

Oh, and at some point they'll play Intension as well.

EGG-MAN
07-18-2006, 10:55 AM
wings would be sick!

oneredflag
07-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Is Isis on the bill for this show?

spacement
07-27-2006, 08:27 PM
If anyone needs tickets, I've got two of the $40.50 seats (an $81.00 value not including all the service charges) for only $60.00 on ebay. Just trying to help a Tool fan out and not eat all the money I spent on the tickets.

I was on vacation when these tickets went on sale and didn't even know until I got back. After I bought these seats I got some floor tickets. So if anyone was thinking about going now's your chance to score some cheap tickets.

spacement
07-28-2006, 08:56 AM
If anyone needs tickets, I've got two of the $40.50 seats (an $81.00 value not including all the service charges) for only $60.00 on ebay. Just trying to help a Tool fan out and not eat all the money I spent on the tickets.

I was on vacation when these tickets went on sale and didn't even know until I got back. After I bought these seats I got some floor tickets. So if anyone was thinking about going now's your chance to score some cheap tickets.

I've knocked the price down to $50 for two of the $40.50 seats. Not bad deal for a sold out show. See you guys there.

spiralspinalcord
08-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Hello everyone, this is my very first post at this website. I've been a fan since 1993, but never had the chance to go to a concert. I was enlisted for nine years, and never in town when a concert took place... I now live near Fresno, and I have a ticket for the Fresno show.

To say the least, I'm more than excited to be going.

Like most of the rest of you, I love the band. It's hard to find a band with anything meaningful to say anymore that gets to the core issues in life.

Tired of the boy-bands.

Anyways, I'm going to post pics as soon as I get them. I work full time, and I am a full time student, so, it may take me some time to get the pics up. I will also be going to the Bakersfield show :).

Anyways, nice to meet everyone here.

See you in the floor/GA area. I'll be outside near my 2005 grey dodge 2500 quad cab diesel 4x4 if anyone wants to stop by.

Agenda
08-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Anyone up for after show get together?

spacement
08-04-2006, 11:19 AM
There's floor tickets available as of 12:19pm today. Good luck!

livid star
08-05-2006, 09:17 PM
So tomorrow I plan to be on the road to Fresno at about noon. Arrive around 2:30-3pm, check in to my hotel, go for a swim and have some drinks. Then I will walk over to the arena and wait in line with the rest of you. I don't think I want to jam to the barricade after the GA people are let in. I'd like to just have room to chill and enjoy the show. I am crossing my fingers, hoping the pits are minimal and die quickly.

This is the first arena show in the states, so what is everyone else envisioning?

sprucemoose3311
08-05-2006, 09:37 PM
just hoping for tool to be onstage for 2 hours... everything else i leave to them

jwb
08-06-2006, 04:22 AM
just hoping for tool to be onstage for 2 hours... everything else i leave to them

Amen!

oneredflag
08-06-2006, 06:16 AM
Hopefully we will see a different set list than the street scene.

lauralynn
08-06-2006, 08:23 AM
leaving oc around 3:00, should get me there right about time? After seeing four of the pre-tour shows I too am hoping for a different set list. other than that, all I can say this morning is THANK FUCKING GOD I opted to make the drive to fresno today rather than down to san diego last night. I had a feeling that would happen, and at 5'3, 100lbs I would have been crushed to death.

MadPuma
08-06-2006, 02:03 PM
is isis opening up tonight? or is it just tool

jwb
08-06-2006, 03:26 PM
is isis opening up tonight? or is it just tool

Just TOOL. Isis starts opening on the 22nd.