PDA

View Full Version : DMT EXPERIENCE

"263739"
06-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Its all about someone tripping on Dimethyltryptamine
"Rosetta Stoned" (as well as the filler/lead up track "Lost Keys") possibly concern DMT use. (Although the song mentions blotter explicitly: "blotter got up on top of me / got me seeing E-(omitted)-T" and, therefore, probably refers to an LSD experience. Also, the alternate title for the track "Lost Keys" is "Blame Hofmann," who is credited with discovering the compound.)

BlanketEffect
06-15-2006, 09:22 PM
Yeah, aliens and the ilk are more closely related to DMT use (viva la DMT Elves!) but I think the song is about an LSD experience - whether it has something in common to DMT or not.

Nate-Dogg85
06-16-2006, 07:46 AM
Yeah, i purposed the idea of a duel trip on either straight DMT/LSD, or Ayahuasca/LSD combiination, but not enough people know about DMT to actually support me, it was ignored.

Makes sense tho, becuase DMT makes you puke/shit yourself. But LSD has to be involved becuase of the line "this blotters gotten on top of me" something along those lines. DMT might be in the midst, but LSD is the main character.

swampyfool
06-16-2006, 09:18 AM
Yeah, i purposed the idea of a duel trip on either straight DMT/LSD, or Ayahuasca/LSD combiination, but not enough people know about DMT to actually support me, it was ignored.

Makes sense tho, becuase DMT makes you puke/shit yourself. But LSD has to be involved becuase of the line "this blotters gotten on top of me" something along those lines. DMT might be in the midst, but LSD is the main character.
I didn't shit myself, though I puked (I had eaten some McD's in a fit of desperate hunger earlier that day, and my introspection couldn't allow me to keep that shit down). I just think that if this were a dual trip, there would be references to the other substance. That said, the effect of DMT is the release of chemical into your brain that is only extant at birth (being born or giving birth), death, or near-death experiences and severe trauma. So if this guy was traumatized by his experience, he could have been experiencing DMT-type psychedelia while having only ingested acid. Pure speculation.

Nate-Dogg85
06-16-2006, 09:22 AM
Diarhea isnt as common as puking... But it happens from time to time. Puking, happens to just about everyone. As for your comment on traumatic experiences, i didnt know that, but thts very very interesting and changes my outlook a lot on this song now.

Q'ayin
06-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Interesting birth tie-in with DMT, this reminds me of the idea of abduction reports being based on birth-memories that resurface and are misinterpreted.

I've had repressed memories as well as very-early childhood memories return, exclusively during the trauma I've entered during one or two of my psychedelic experiences - never have used DMT

Nate-Dogg85
06-17-2006, 08:35 AM
OK, this got me thinking... I very often have out of body experiences during meditation. Know anything about whats happening in the brain during meditation?

T-13h
06-17-2006, 09:01 AM
OK, this got me thinking... I very often have out of body experiences during meditation. Know anything about whats happening in the brain during meditation?

http://www.boloji.com/spirituality/026.htm

Nate-Dogg85
06-17-2006, 11:04 AM
interesting.

kcobain3
06-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Well Albert Hoffman (My Favorite Chemist Ever) worked with cacti,mushrooms and made LSD so Blame Hoffman could technically refer to any of these drugs but most likely LSD and who says you can't talk to Aliens on LSD I did and also on LSD you tend to see lifelike things just different colors hense the term Tangerine trees and things like that and DMT Trip only lasts about 5 minutes so he would be done tripping before the song was over lol

BlanketEffect
06-18-2006, 09:27 AM
I've done both LSD and DMT - LSD much more recreational feeling (for me) DMT being total immersion into another reality.

Try "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" by Rick Straussman - it's quite illuminating as to the whole DMT experience - although ingesting it is different than the research he did by injecting it directly into the subjects. Ties in very much with the whole birth/near-death/death experiences and the DMT factor in them.

However, when you take DMT in liquid form, it's not being released by your brain (pineal gland) and hence causing the trip. The DMT you ingest causes the trip.

And Kcobain - if you smoke it it only lasts a short time - ingesting it slows the trip down and it lasts several hours - like shrooms - DMT is *very* similar in chemical structure to psilocybin.

swampyfool
06-18-2006, 09:46 AM
I've done both LSD and DMT - LSD much more recreational feeling (for me) DMT being total immersion into another reality.

Try "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" by Rick Straussman - it's quite illuminating as to the whole DMT experience - although ingesting it is different than the research he did by injecting it directly into the subjects. Ties in very much with the whole birth/near-death/death experiences and the DMT factor in them.

However, when you take DMT in liquid form, it's not being released by your brain (pineal gland) and hence causing the trip. The DMT you ingest causes the trip.

And Kcobain - if you smoke it it only lasts a short time - ingesting it slows the trip down and it lasts several hours - like shrooms - DMT is *very* similar in chemical structure to psilocybin.
I don't know that I'd WANT a DMT trip to last for hours . . . That seems like quite a daunting endeavor.

GullyFoyle
06-18-2006, 10:16 AM
I don't know how many of you have chemistry degrees, or personally know a chemist, but I'm jealous as hell. Never met anyone who could get any DMT. I've some friends at Bonnaroo this year, and that's all I asked them to bring me back.

gf

swampyfool
06-18-2006, 10:27 AM
I don't know how many of you have chemistry degrees, or personally know a chemist, but I'm jealous as hell. Never met anyone who could get any DMT. I've some friends at Bonnaroo this year, and that's all I asked them to bring me back.

gf
Dude, if I were you, I wouldn't come near any random, shady, Bonaroo DMT. DMT AIN"T NOTHIN' TO FUCK WITH, SON. In fact, I wouldn't reccomend any DMT that you don't recieve directly from the chemist who made it. I know that you don't know any chemists, but if you want to do DMT, you really need to err on the side of extreme caution. My experience with DMT came on the heels of over a decade of hardcore (ten-strips at a time, and shit) acid use, and it rocked my mental, phystical and metaphysical worlds. I shudder to think about the nature of the chemical compounds that are being represented as DMT at Bonaroo (or any festival scene, for that matter).

swampyfool
06-18-2006, 10:31 AM
. . . and it rocked my mental, phystical and metaphysical worlds.
Uhh-huh-huh! I thed "Phythtical."

GullyFoyle
06-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Well, I see your point. But, this is the nature of illegal drugs. You are constantly taking chances (unless you are the chemist/grower) and since I don't have the knowledge of a chemist or time to grow my own drugs, I'll have to take this one. I wish I were lucky enough to know someone who actually took chemistry in college, but most of my friends are the smoking type, not really trippers.|\/|4||_ |\/|3|-| 4 |)023

only if you know a chemist... :)

Nate-Dogg85
06-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Cant get DMT, how about Ayahuasca? Ayahuasca is actually borderline legal i think. I dont really know, i hear from some people that its legal, and some that its not, i think what makes it legal or illegal is whether or not it contains DMT or not, but its a similar experience, not quite as dramatic as pure DMT.

And another thing... story i read about a guy experimenting with DMT while he was under the influence of LSD. He was tripping balls at the bottom of some hill with his friends, watching the beauty of the fading colors and melting scenery and excused himself to smoke some DMT. The DMT didnt do anything after the first hit, but after his second hit he was stampeded with a magnificent rush. The world completely changed right in front of his eyes and he couldnt note or detect the effects of the LSD. A fairy floated down to him, grabbed his hand and floated his spirit away, leaving his body behind him. He said it was like he was traveling faster than any speed hed ever been before and traveling in a method that he couldnt even explain. He described it as being trapped inside of a painting of a painting of a painting, etc etc... and leaving the paintings, traveling through each one to the final dimmension or whatever. When he got to where it was the fairy was taking him he was looking down upon the universe. The fairy and him were communicating, but he had no clue what they were discussing but he knew he was learning something, being taught a lesson. As he peered down upon the universe laid out in front of him he could feel all the emotion trapped inside of it. He felt the infinite pain and suffering of the universe, and realized that he was completely powerless over it, just a helpless bistander. There was no sense of time as he watched over the expanding/contracting, creating/destroying universe, and the only way he could describe what he was witnessing, in a manner of time, was infinity. He then dropped back into his body, in a manner he described as a camera zooming into his body, until finally he was no longer looking from the 3rd person view, he was inside, looking from his origional perspective of first person. After that he sat back to watch the magnificent melting scenery and comtemplate the lesson he had just been taught.

The man later goes on to tell how the experience effected him and how hes been clean ever since, stupified and wondering what it all meant. He talked about how he was shown something and how intense and crazy it was and how he felt he couldnt return there until he understood it completely from a sober perspective, sober state of mind. He goes on to then defend himself, "i am not a drug abuser of any sort..." but he feels the lesson was just to show him that he wasnt prepared to be where he was (i left out the amount of fear he talks about) and how he was overwhelmed by the experience, which kind of goes along with maynards statement of "overwhelmed as one would be if placed in my position."

swampyfool
06-18-2006, 11:34 AM
Well, I see your point. But, this is the nature of illegal drugs. You are constantly taking chances (unless you are the chemist/grower) and since I don't have the knowledge of a chemist or time to grow my own drugs, I'll have to take this one. I wish I were lucky enough to know someone who actually took chemistry in college, but most of my friends are the smoking type, not really trippers.|\/|4||_ |\/|3|-| 4 |)023

only if you know a chemist... :)
Whatever.

To anybody considering a foray into the intensity that is DMT, I highly warn against this mindset. True, the nature of the drug war is such that the use of implicit substances is frought with risk/reward decisions; but also true is that the nature of DMT is such that the effect of some half-assed combination of chemicals that attempts to replicate the effects of DMT- or of some DMT that is imperiled in impurity- can leave you in a place from which you CANNOT return. That risk is not worth the potential reward. DMT is intended as a spiritual pursuit; WAIT IT OUT, BE PATIENT- if you are not willing to go through the (possibly difficult) tribulation of finding a pure source, then I suggest that you are probably not spiritually ready for the sort of introspective madness on the nature of existence itself that DMT will require you to experience. Recreational drug use has its place, but that place does not involve DMT in any way, shape or form. DMT WILL insert its seventy-six inch penis into every oriffice you have from which it can access your brain. The resulting mindfuck is infinitely valuable to the perspective of one who seeks spiritual awakening- but if you aren't ready, don't push it.

Seriously, patience is a very important virtue to posess when attempting to explore the possibilities presented by DMT. Time literally ceases to exist- a condition of eternity the magnitude of which cannot be explained to one who has not had first-hand experience the phenomenon- in my experience and in the experiences of the majority of people with whom I've shared insights on the topic; and patience becomes the only tool you have with which to weather the eternity. At one point, I fully expected to wake up in a hospital bed with thirty years of beard growth and muscular atrophy, if at all- nevermind that it only took fifteen minutes. By the end of that fifteen minute eternity, I had fully accepted the reality that I wasn't going to wake up; that I didn't exist; that I had never existed. I truly believe that if I hadn't reatained my patience through all of that, the fear that accompanied that epiphany may have driven me insane (don't get scared off by that- true spiritual progress of any kind cannot come without adversity- or do be scared off by that). If you are so impatient to try DMT that you have any notion that you need to do it ASAP- TRUST ME- you need to not do it until such time as you have matured and gained an aspect of patience. Undergoing the trials and tribulations associated with finding pure, unadulterated DMT in the drug-war world (and NOT feigning them) can be an excellent primer in patience. This shit ain't no watered-down recreational trip (like LSD- something I never would have thought to say about LSD until I tried DMT), it's the real fuckin' deal, Holyfield.

GullyFoyle
06-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Whatever.

To anybody considering a foray into the intensity that is DMT, I highly warn against this mindset..

Look I appreciate the fact that you have experienced this and I have not. I also thank you for you words of warning. But please don't tell me what mindset to have my experiences in. Some people don't have the resources that you do. Just because you actually have those resources doesn't make you any better or more patient than me. I think that psychedelics are something that almost everyone should experience. I realize that DMT is the real deal Holyfield, as that's why I even opened my mouth in this forum, Because I want to experience. It's cool that you were warning me, because you have to calculate your risks. But the last time I checked, people aren't dropping all around because of fake DMT. Matter of fact, most people I know never heard of it. So, again I appreciate your concern, but don't try and be the typical TDN elitist asshole. You can take it to be a shaman if you want, but I'll decide when and why I take what drugs I take. I only wish I had the opportunity to get some and dive into my own rabbit hole.

gf

swampyfool
06-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Look I appreciate the fact that you have experienced this and I have not. I also thank you for you words of warning. But please don't tell me what mindset to have my experiences in. Some people don't have the resources that you do. Just because you actually have those resources doesn't make you any better or more patient than me. I think that psychedelics are something that almost everyone should experience. I realize that DMT is the real deal Holyfield, as that's why I even opened my mouth in this forum, Because I want to experience. It's cool that you were warning me, because you have to calculate your risks. But the last time I checked, people aren't dropping all around because of fake DMT. Matter of fact, most people I know never heard of it. So, again I appreciate your concern, but don't try and be the typical TDN elitist asshole. You can take it to be a shaman if you want, but I'll decide when and why I take what drugs I take. I only wish I had the opportunity to get some and dive into my own rabbit hole.

gf

I'm not trying to be elitist about this. It's not like I was born with a connection. I had to look, too. It required patience- patience that I was very glad that I had when the time came. You don't have to trust me on this one: do some research before you dabble into such an intense, chemical journey, and you will find exactly such strongly worded warnings about it. It isn't elitist, it's concerned. I feel obligated to issue such warnings because I also have been known to make posts reccomending and glorifying the use of these substances, and I don't want to tell somebody about only one side of a double-edged sword. It has nothing to do with some sense of sanguine superiority or self-satisfaction in my exploits. It's called responsible advocacy (OK- it's not called that- I just made that up; but it is an adequate description).

True, people aren't dropping left and right from DMT, but that is precisely because people generally haven't heard of it- as it is not a prolificly used substance. Less use = less abuse = people aren't dropping all around because of fake DMT. While I hope that you do not add to the loss column in the statistics, it really doesn't effect me one way or the other. And given the rampant display of impatience that constituted your reply to my warning, I'm not really not holding my breath one way or the other. Really. My previous post was more for the benefit of other people who might read over this thread and identify with your short-sighted position than it was for the benefit of your impatience.

"My warning meant nothing
You're dancing in quicksand
Why don't you watch where you're wandering?
Why don't you watch where you're stumbling?
You ain't knee deep and going in
And you may never come back again."

By all means, dive.

swampyfool
06-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Cant get DMT, how about Ayahuasca? Ayahuasca is actually borderline legal i think. I dont really know, i hear from some people that its legal, and some that its not, i think what makes it legal or illegal is whether or not it contains DMT or not, but its a similar experience, not quite as dramatic as pure DMT.

And another thing... story i read about a guy experimenting with DMT while he was under the influence of LSD. He was tripping balls at the bottom of some hill with his friends, watching the beauty of the fading colors and melting scenery and excused himself to smoke some DMT. The DMT didnt do anything after the first hit, but after his second hit he was stampeded with a magnificent rush. The world completely changed right in front of his eyes and he couldnt note or detect the effects of the LSD. A fairy floated down to him, grabbed his hand and floated his spirit away, leaving his body behind him. He said it was like he was traveling faster than any speed hed ever been before and traveling in a method that he couldnt even explain. He described it as being trapped inside of a painting of a painting of a painting, etc etc... and leaving the paintings, traveling through each one to the final dimmension or whatever. When he got to where it was the fairy was taking him he was looking down upon the universe. The fairy and him were communicating, but he had no clue what they were discussing but he knew he was learning something, being taught a lesson. As he peered down upon the universe laid out in front of him he could feel all the emotion trapped inside of it. He felt the infinite pain and suffering of the universe, and realized that he was completely powerless over it, just a helpless bistander. There was no sense of time as he watched over the expanding/contracting, creating/destroying universe, and the only way he could describe what he was witnessing, in a manner of time, was infinity. He then dropped back into his body, in a manner he described as a camera zooming into his body, until finally he was no longer looking from the 3rd person view, he was inside, looking from his origional perspective of first person. After that he sat back to watch the magnificent melting scenery and comtemplate the lesson he had just been taught.

The man later goes on to tell how the experience effected him and how hes been clean ever since, stupified and wondering what it all meant. He talked about how he was shown something and how intense and crazy it was and how he felt he couldnt return there until he understood it completely from a sober perspective, sober state of mind. He goes on to then defend himself, "i am not a drug abuser of any sort..." but he feels the lesson was just to show him that he wasnt prepared to be where he was (i left out the amount of fear he talks about) and how he was overwhelmed by the experience, which kind of goes along with maynards statement of "overwhelmed as one would be if placed in my position."
Nice.

GullyFoyle
06-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Again I see your point. I can't say that I have done research on every drug I've ever done. I don't think erowid was around when I was a kid experimenting. However I have read about DMT experiences there and other places. It's not exactly recently that I've stumbled upon it. I just think that everyone here is lucky to have found a hookup. I saw the music festival as an opportunity. If my buds were to bring back some I would be taking a risk, but that's a big IF and I doubt they will even be able to score some. It may very well be a long time before I actually find it. I'm not exactly hunting it down on the streetcorner, just using the only resources available to me. I've considered taking a few classes in Chemistry just so I can make some for myself, and eventually that may be my only route. I wasn't trying to flame you at all, just reminding you that you don't know me, so you don't know anything about how patient I've been, or wether or not I'm ready or going into it with the incorrect mindset. Everyone is on their own journey, and mine is just as significant as yours. If I should get some from the 'roo you will be the first to know before and after :) so, then maybe you can say I told you so, or send some flowers to my hospital room!

gf

BlanketEffect
06-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Allow me to qualify my following statements. I'm not a chemist but I'm a pharmaceutical-chemistry student so that at least puts me in the right ballpark.

Ayahuasca is a tea made from cappi vine. When you see thing on National Geographic and the likes and it shows S. American tribesmen drinking a bowl from the tribe's shaman and finding "god" and their animal totem and such, it's typical that what your seeing is Ayahuasca, either with or without DMT admixtures. There are over 600,000 species of plant in the rain forests of S. America and of those perhaps a handful contain DMT (5-10) DMT tea is not active when ingested unless one has drunk Ayahuasca prior to it. So what is truly amazing is that dozens of individual tribes without knowledge of each other all discovered the Ayahuasca vine and subsequently DMT-containing plants. Not very good odds considering the number of plants out there and the fact that Ayahuasca and DMT neither taste good in any sense of the word. They are quite, QUITE bitter. Yet many tribes discovered them nonetheless. Quechan tribal folklore is that a shaman discovered Ayahuasca and it taught him the other plants that could be used to better visualize its wisdom.

I occasionally have dreams that I brewed my own Ayahuasca and DMT admixtures. Drinking them are not exactly the same as smoking pure dimethyltryptamine. If smoking DMT is like the universe exploding into your consciousness over the course of 10-20 minutes that seem like an eternity then ingesting it is like the trip slowed down and and stretched over 2-4 hours. Time doesn't have a lot of meaning when you're on it. If you've ever done a healthy dose of shrooms (6g+) you know sort of what the experience is like as psilocybin is very similar in chemical structure to DMT. Ayahuasca is said to greatly expand the power of psilocybin mushrooms if they are taken after it is consumed, effectively doubling the weight of mushshrooms consumed.

If you're thinking about brewing Ayahuasca and/or DMT (I recommend taking Ayahuasca without DMT the first time) I urge you to read around the forums on http://www.ayahuasca.com in the preparations section. There is much wisdom written within those pages.

That being said, let me also qualify this. Ayahuasca is *not* DMT. It is mildly hallucinagenic and somewhat psychedelic. Mostly a kind of emotional soul-search although it can have its trippy moments. Ayahuasca (or its cheaper but less wise cousin, Syrian Rue) are necessary for DMT to be active by ingestion. Without it, DMT is metabolized in your gut back into tryptophan which your body will later metabolize into a number of things, including serotonin - but nothing psychedelic in the least. DMT added to Ayahuasca adds heavy closed eye visuals, the likes of which I've not seen any drug compare. It can be very overwhelming and I highly recommend a sitter and a *very* controlled environment. No parties for this drug. Small gatherings, perhaps, but no parties. Oddly enough, I found Tool and Pink Floyd to be the most amazing bands to listen to while on it and truly *discovered* Lateralus while dreaming on Ayahuasca/DMT.

Ayahuasca (or Syrian Rue) is legal to own the ingredients for (banisteriopsis cappi vine) and legal to brew into a tea. No laws exist *directly* against Ayahuasca (or its chemical constituents harmine, harmaline, and tetraharmaline) for consumption although sale of it with the implied usage of consumption as a psychedelic may fall under the Analogue Act of 1996. In other words you really can't get in trouble for brewing Yage in your home and keeping it in your fridge and perhaps, shhh... taking it sometime.

DMT, however, while ingredients to make it are legal for purchase in the United States as the plants are not illegal, they do contain a controlled substance. So in other words, it's legal to buy Mimosa Hostilis Rootbark which has a *heavy* content of DMT (~0.50% of its raw weight, on average) but it is not legal to brew it into a tea that contains DMT because DMT is a controlled, Schedule 1 substance. So you can buy the materials for it, but when you brew it into a consumable form, it becomes illegal.

Any legal information given here was for the United States only. If you're in another country check your laws concerning Ayahuasca and DMT as they have different legalities around the world. I believe Ayahuasca may be illegal in Canada, for instance.

Ayahuasca (not DMT) can be fatal when done in conjunction with some other drugs, including Extasy and a number of anti-depressants (most MAOIs and SSRIs should NOT be used anytime near Ayahuasca) Ayahuasca is a short-term MAOI and this should be considered if taking other drugs. It's profound but it's NOT worth dying over.

And honestly, once you master a brewing technique for DMT if you have a month to kill and don't mind doing some basic chemistry steps you can get a great harvest of DMT freebase crystals out of DMTea if you wanted to smoke it. You don't even need to be a chemistry student. The steps are all listed on www.Erowid.org - you just need to look.

Everyone has their own path, but I find it refreshing to get DeMpTied from time to time.

BlanketEffect
06-18-2006, 10:49 PM
Sorry if that's a bit long but I feel as though it's not a topic to be taken lightly or oversimplified. Make informed decisions about what you put into your body.

skoiboy
06-18-2006, 11:50 PM
Makes sense tho, becuase DMT makes you puke/shit yourself.
It most certainly does not. I have experienced the beauty of DMT many times, and witnessed many other experiences with it as well, and I have never, EVER seen or heard of anyone puking and/or shitting themselves. For the most part, the compound effects the body so quickly, it does not really have time to do anything else (especially if you have taken a heavy dosage).

Anyways...for all those out there that are curious about DMT and smoking it, do not worry about puking and/or shitting yourself. Let the beauty remain.

swampyfool
06-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Sorry if that's a bit long but I feel as though it's not a topic to be taken lightly or oversimplified. Make informed decisions about what you put into your body.
No need to apologize, that was perfect. Thanks.

Kadelic
06-19-2006, 03:51 PM
I don't know that I'd WANT a DMT trip to last for hours . . . That seems like quite a daunting endeavor.

You are not kidding! Being quite experinced with LSD, I was knocked off
my feet by DMT. Something in this song suggested DMT to me, in spite
of the obvious LSD references "...Deadhead Chemistry...", etc.
In particular, the yellow/blue graphic with the skulls was more
reminiscent of DMT.

BlanketEffect
06-19-2006, 08:08 PM
Anyways...for all those out there that are curious about DMT and smoking it, do not worry about puking and/or shitting yourself. Let the beauty remain.

Smoking DMT does not induce nausea/shitting. When Rick Straussman was administering the drug to his sixty-something subjects via IV (and hence reproducing the nearest effect to smoking it) there wasn't a single incident of vomit or defecation.

When consuming it in liquid form, Ayahuasca and DMT admixtures tend to be rough on the stomach so they usually carry some level of nausea with them. Shitting is less common by far but not rare. I've never not been able to make it to the bathroom to do either when partaking of Yage. It's not all that dissimilar to peyote in that regard. The vomiting/shitting is considered part of the experience in most cultures that use it. It is called 'la Purga' or 'the Purge' and is supposed to trigger the peak of the experience shortly after occurring.

One Dark Flame
06-19-2006, 10:42 PM
Wasn't there some tlak about DMT and dreaming??

BlanketEffect
06-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Drinking Ayahuasca/DMT is sometimes referred to as 'dreaming' because the timeflow/experience is sort of akin to that. Time isn't relavent and many things occur... it just is what it is.

GullyFoyle
06-21-2006, 09:18 AM
Well, for the record, no such luck for the Bonnaroo DMT. My friends said they saw a few people spaced out on it, but couldn't find any. They did however, manage to find 4 different types of hydro and some hash. But they said the hash was nothing compared to the nederhash I brought back from Amsterdam cannabis cup 2004. Maybe when I go back to Amsterdam I will find some DMT.

gf

wearethestories
06-21-2006, 10:14 AM
DEADHEAD... CHEMISTRY...
definitely LSD (though I read somewhere that the song was influenced by Danny's use of DMT)

talibad
06-22-2006, 07:38 AM
I didn't shit myself, though I puked (I had eaten some McD's in a fit of desperate hunger earlier that day, and my introspection couldn't allow me to keep that shit down). I just think that if this were a dual trip, there would be references to the other substance. That said, the effect of DMT is the release of chemical into your brain that is only extant at birth (being born or giving birth), death, or near-death experiences and severe trauma. So if this guy was traumatized by his experience, he could have been experiencing DMT-type psychedelia while having only ingested acid. Pure speculation.

strassmans work is all still only speculation, there have been no psiological tests conducted on fetus's, dieing people or others to support these claims yet.

swampyfool
06-29-2006, 01:09 PM
strassmans work is all still only speculation, there have been no psiological tests conducted on fetus's, dieing people or others to support these claims yet.
Nor will there be until our ability to actually monitor brain chemistry advances- and quite significantly, at that. Until then, his work is the most complete and well-researched perspective available. Still, your point is taken.

talibad
06-29-2006, 03:22 PM
DEADHEAD... CHEMISTRY...
definitely LSD (though I read somewhere that the song was influenced by Danny's use of DMT)

i still say in the beginning he says "began at 2 am with some show me dmt"

BlanketEffect
06-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Nor will there be until our ability to actually monitor brain chemistry advances- and quite significantly, at that. Until then, his work is the most complete and well-researched perspective available. Still, your point is taken.

It's also a matter of making it easier for scientists doing research to obtain these chemicals. Strassman had a veritable red-tape nightmare getting human grade DMT permits and such.

These drugs being schedule I mean they have no known medical application, but since they're so highly illegal, it's next to impossible to get the chemicals to actually do research on potential medical uses. Funny considering when DMT was made illegal in 1971 with all the other psychedelics no research had ever actually been done on it. They just knew it was a psychedelic and so it got thrown on the list.

swampyfool
07-05-2006, 06:12 AM
Funny considering when DMT was made illegal in 1971 with all the other psychedelics no research had ever actually been done on it. They just knew it was a psychedelic and so it got thrown on the list.
Funny in the tragic, what-the-fuck-is-wrong-with-the-world sense.

krizzzle
07-07-2006, 03:55 PM
In a vague relation to the topic... There is a neo-goa trance group that makes incredibly intense music, the experience of which is particularly amplified by drugs like psilosybin and LSD. This group is called "Shpongle". They have a piece called "Divine Moments of Truth" - DMT. And remarkably enough, the trippy subtleties of that mix are somewhat parallel to those of Rosetta Stoned. I'd love it if any of you downloaded the song, gave it a few good listens, and then brought up your thoughts.