PDA

View Full Version : The Story Unfolds:

AskAQuestionGetAnAnswer
06-15-2006, 12:56 PM
Gang - just my thoughts. Feel free to add/subtract/or completely overhaul. Just be open-minded. Thanks.

Imagine being a child standing in a church.. watching members of whatever faith you choose to accept. When you listen, what you hear & see are lapsed members of your given faith - and they are partaking for selfish reasons. Gain of ego, gain of materialism – call it what you will. This is the congregation of your church. They live in constant contradiction of themselves – going against faith and living lies - because they never truly had faith to begin with. They need direction to the spiritual realm because they cannot see for themselves how to obtain it. These people are the hypocrites that hide in shadow.

Do you know these people?

I do.

In the distance, you are a 3rd party - unconnected from it all – watching the events unfold. You see your mother, a devout, passionate, & unwavering believer of her faith – but despite the fact that you do not carry her belief, she demands adoration from you. You express this by respect and love felt for her ability to be honest and true. A known rarity. Your mother believes so fully, she becomes a figure head of the church. A hero to those who stand in the light and speak openly. A guide to those in the shadows that need direction. She is also ignorantly whispered about within the congregation for her zealous belief – but they only speak about her in the shadows. The lapsed believers are jealous that none can hold a candle to your mother – they never will – they will never have true spirituality; they don’t even know what it means – so they attack when her back is turned.

Suddenly, your mother becomes ill from a stroke. She is paralyzed and wheelchair-bound. For 27 years she lives a life of torment - trial and tribulations – hell on earth. Those that whispered in the silence now step forth to offer sympathy for your mother – only because she is ill. You watch this happening, thinking “Spare your sympathy ‘shadow whisperer’, I know the truth of who you are. My mother will go where you never will – we both know it.”. But why do they even step forward? Are they frightened? Yes. Why? Because who will lead them when you mother is gone forever? They attack her devout belief, but know they do not have their own faith; they vicariously live it through your mother... and the sadness you feel is because she knows this. Your mother also knows you understand the unfolding events with complete clarity – and she teaches you - not her faith - but the light of true spirituality. You must decide your own faith.

When her time has finally come for her to depart this world, you are her strength and light of spiritually for the journey. She proclaims looking through you; “I have done my time now father and you watched it all. I have never lived a lie. I have never took a life. I have followed your word solely - so give me what I so rightfully deserve. I want my wings.” You think to yourself... nobody has been through the hell my mother has – nobody but her... she is finally at peace – she is finally going home.

This album is not eulogy to her – it is more than that. It is an attempt at a spiritual connection with her soul.

Q'ayin
06-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Some of your words feel very good, but in my experience, such a bond already would have established the connection, lastingly, through death, but maybe she didn't part on such terms as how you describe their relationship. Now, an additional tether for a certain purpose, or a tether between her and the world, or the release of such a connection altogether, would be a better match for everything that I've read into the song.

AskAQuestionGetAnAnswer
06-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Some of your words feel very good, but in my experience, such a bond already would have established the connection, lastingly, through death, but maybe she didn't part on such terms as how you describe their relationship. Now, an additional tether for a certain purpose, or a tether between her and the world, or the release of such a connection altogether, would be a better match for everything that I've read into the song.

We agree. Expound if you will..

AskAQuestionGetAnAnswer
06-15-2006, 01:58 PM

Perhaps it is the son wanting the mother to ask for what she truly deserves - because he knows his mother is so selfless in her belief, she will not ask for it. Therefore she may not ever get what she deserves. The severed tether is of anger over her death; the son not knowing if she will ever receive recognition for what she has done and rightfully deserves.

.. just throwing it out there..