PDA

View Full Version : what i think stinkfist os about

captian_planet
04-17-2003, 10:10 PM
i think stinkfist is about a constant overstimulation from the media. the censorship rules now is making it hard to put out that kind of stimulation so it bores them, hence
"Boredom's not a burden
Anyone should bear"
the media keeps putting out things stimulating peoples minds and people need more and more to feed themselfs but with sensorship being lame and all they cant get it
"But it's not enough
I need more
Nothing seems to satisfy"
but its 2 o'clock in the morning and im writing this so if your confused email, [email protected], or IM me at captplanetminion

Astrogalis
04-18-2003, 07:01 PM
I think i agree with yoiu on that the media is overstimulating the public. It takes more and more stimulation to get a reaction. You could compare this to drugs. Witch is if you do drugs for a long time or regularly you will need more and more to get hihg as you become more tolerant.

This is kind of on the subject of cencorship, but kind of off subject. I thnk the way things are today in our culture is wrong. you can turn on the tv and see people dying and being killed, but if someone showed a breast (or god forbid a nipple) it would be wrong. When i think that a persons body is much more natural than killing someone ( no im not a nudest)

psyco_jeter
04-19-2003, 10:10 PM
i always heard it was about fisting........lol..although its not something i agree with, the lyrics do fit that profile to me its about a need for love, some type of insecurity...."show me that you love me and that we belong together" that some what speaks to me on a certain level, because it sounds to me like a wanting for love or exceptance, and i think thats just what i heard in it....in some of my relationships, it seems like i want something more but im not willing to work for it....."something has to change, undeniable delima, boredom's not a burden anyone should bare, constant over stimulation numbs me, but i wouldn't want you any other way"
and like when you want love so bad, but you dont know how to go about gettin it its like "its not enough i need more, nothing seems to satisfy, i don't want it, i just need it, to breath to feel to know im alive"

to a degree it always sounded to me like he was "arguing" with himself. and that interested me, it was kind of a fun thought to play with. like in one part like the begining verse, its calm, like a soothing "it'll be alright" voice, and then it gets heavy, like a "i dont' nkow what to do" voice.....anyway those are just some thoughts of mine......

Lachrymologist
05-04-2003, 02:30 PM
I always thought the line "Relax, turn around and take my hand" was something that would be said to someone who was going to commit suicide, specifically a jumper.

Martin
05-04-2003, 02:34 PM
Just keep digging till you feel something...
The stimuli

ElectricSheep
05-04-2003, 04:12 PM
Your really need to "try and read between the lines..." no art, let alone music is meant to be taken literally, although the media does desensitize us, I think you need to meditate on the meaning of this track a little more particularly the metaphor of the title...

Adrenalin
05-05-2003, 07:08 AM
i have been listening to this song many times over..but after 2 or 3 years..i once again stuck with it..isnt it great?

anywayz,
i think the song is quite metaphorical, either way.the meaning of the song could be (or is) about over stimulation...in the way that sex in tha normal way doesnt suit you any longer and you now have to use your fist (therefore stinkfist).maynard thinks that this isnt bad (''..i wouldnt have it any other way..") coz while being over stimulated you can go over your normal sences (''over stimulation numbs me..'') and surpass them..searching youself better and futher.to explain the last bit..ty hearing the song very closely..in some part before the big come down.there are 2 things onw should notice..a moan on the backround..(cool or what?)..and maynard singing ''go deeper,search deeper''.i wouldnt believe mj would just talk about fist fucking,so i guess overstimulation is on the metaphorical side,like in any way you can find it,wether its sex,media,knowledge,drugs etc.how does that sound?