PDA

View Full Version : my take on "the grudge"

xxNikdawg420xx
04-17-2003, 02:36 PM
The "grudge" is that attitude and tool that the establishment/religious figures use to alienate us from the "normal" people. In a way, it's their power to judge us and keep us from even being seen as human almost.

1 or 10....this is simply mjk's way of saying it doesn't matter which commandmant you break or choose not to follow, but if you do or have done this, you to have a "grudge" held against you. It's an easy way to try to control us and to keep us inline with and believing in their reality.

If this "grudge/cornerstone" is ever felled, than, the establishment loses their ability to make us look, basically like bad people. And as we all know, if you can make someone look bad in this fucked up world we're trained to live in, than, they may as well be a monster with an opinion, albeit, based on the establishment's reality, that just really doesn't matter.
Unless of course it takes longer for you to come up with your own opinion than it takes them to saturate and "consume" you with their's.

seeker
04-17-2003, 02:40 PM
so... what's your point? are you implying that maynard is encouraging his listeners to break the 10 commandments? i don't know about that--murdering, stealing, adulterizing... doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the commandments, and you don't have to be religious to bear a grudge against the bastard who slept with your wife.

EDIT: and besides, christian tenets often stress forgiving one another, so that's another oversight.

cainecrawford
04-20-2003, 06:29 PM
Well I believe 1 or 10 comes in on the plane of The Kabballah. One being the crown( I think Maynard mentions something now claim dominion and you can show me a human) and 10 the earth. He who is of the earth is not of the father. Mind you I have never read the bible or anyother book for that matter.
I believe he mentions Grudge it like a cornerstone or it all comes down. For those who read on the trickster they will know he hold the heroes journey. This single simple character hold the fate of all in his hand. Eventhough he may, more times than not, make mistakes that are in the opposite direction he somehow gets the job done. I think this song is a plea to that one indiviual to lay down his card and realize the reality of his place. Should he not The powers that be(government) will take control of the situation. This mear trickster could unite in a more human way. As apposed to creating a ONe World Relgious movement such as the CPWR has done(who infact deam it not murder if you kill someone who says that there god is the only one) However he may be the worst thing that could ever happen. For he will bring with him the pieces to unite. The laws of the land may use such insite to destroy the very thing in which he wanted to avoid. Thus placeing his good nature in a reealm of chaos. Simply because they wanted control( such as human branding) than to unite the people and open up new technology that could save this planet and its people.